Sort by: Date | Popularity

Emeritus Senior Living Complaints & Reviews

Emeritus Senior Living - South Carolina, Hilton Head Island / Elder negligenc, TOO MANY medicine errors, chart records missing or changed, etc.

Oct 18, 2012

Our experiences with Emeritus Senior Living at Hawthorne Inn, Hilton Head, SC This afternoon, just before 5:00pm, I tried posting the following review on the company's Facebook page. The first time, it was removed in a few minutes. The next three times, it took just seconds to disappear. I feel as though it is fair to always receive "the other side of the story" so I am posting the same review here. On appearances, this facility seems to an attractive place for you or your loved one to live. I am usually very discriminating and I was "sold" nevertheless. I believed the pitch (a very good one...

Emeritus Senior Living / Falsified medical records

Jh
May 26, 2011

In 2009 the VA Department of Health Professions suspended the licenses of three employees who worked for Emeritus at Arlington 3921 Wilson Blvd. Arlington, VA (Emeritus Senior Living). It was determined that the records had been falsified for more than 9 mos, and the resident failed to received the necessary breathing treatments to help with the COPD. The Department has opened up investigations into the remaining 16 med techs, supervisory and management staff to determine the extent of harm and damages. The facility was also fined by the Virginia Deparment of Social Services due to recklessness and potential harm from the neglect and abuse the received was subjected to.