Bvaa Compass Bankinactive account fee

Just when I thought banks had fees for everything.
I had 4 accounts with compass and while all the accounts were Free Checking they managed to apply a fee of $5.00 per month for 2 years because the account was INACTIVE!
I called the branch and the 800 service they told me in 2006 they sent a statement our explaining that accounts that were not being used would be changed a service fee of $5.00 per month.
So much for letting your money sit in a back. I didn't use any of the accounts for nearly 3 years then when I got back in state I found money missing. The manager told me if I transfered a Penny every 6 months no fees would be applied. If this doesn't take the prize for STUPID FEES I don't know what does. How much does it cost to not do anything with your bank? According to Compass $5.00 per month.

• Tc
    tcrc Dec 15, 2009

Totally agree with your discontent. Now, apparently, the charge is $15 a month for an inactive acct. I've been charged that amount for two months already. I swear, you can't even save your money without getting charged to do so. Where's a mattress when you need one? Geez!

• Nt
    ntrfrn Jan 14, 2010

I faced the problem in Birmingham, Alabama - - the BBVA Compass bank deducted in October 2009 $15 from my checking account as an inactive account fee. So when I met the manager to complain about this, she told me that if a checking account (with less than $1000) remains inactive for 120 consecutive days, they will keep deducting $15/Month every month (thus shrinking the account) until the customer initiates some activity on his own (like a withdrawl or a deposit). Interestingly, automatic monthly deposits (e.g., of salary) do not count toward customer-initiated activity. I promptly closed my checking account and gave my business to another bank that didn't have this ridiculous anti-consumer policy. In these harsh economic times with uncertainty in jobs and income and uncertain future, the last thing a bank should be doing is forcing its clients to spend money from their checking accounts. Their strange policy goes against the very grain of a consumer's right to be frugal and not spend money when the economy is in a bad shape.

• Fk
    fk compass bank Feb 01, 2010

I have been charged this fee, this is f**king ridiculous...I wish you go bankruptcy stupid Compass Bank

• Ai
    AineH Feb 10, 2010

First Compass said they were charging a monthly inactive account fee if you didn't have activity for 6 months. Then they changed it to 3 months. Now I find that they have charged $15/month fee for not using the account for 30 days. I closed my account and will never do business with this bank again. This is legal theft and is beyond outrageous.

• Bd
    b. dressel Mar 02, 2010

My account was charged just $7.48 (what was in my account), and I just found out on this month's statement. I plan to close my account tomorrow (since it's at zero balance now) and I live 45 minutes away from the nearest branch. (I moved, and that's why I stopped using it) Thanks for informing of the fees...hopefully you all have saved me from a month or two worth of fees?? Probably they can't charge on an account with no balance, but who knows what they'll try!

• Re
    rediggious Mar 18, 2010

I am closing my account this weekend because of the monthly $15 inactive account fee. By imposing this fee, Compass is telling me it doesn't want my business. I will oblige them and never do business with them again.

• Us
    usdr May 24, 2010

Compass Bank is such a shiit!!! I move to another place and didn't pay attention to my account for half year.However, when I check it again today, I found my money lost $30 for two months' F*CK inactive fee!!! I will withdraw all my money and get away from this stupid Compass Bank and wish its bankruptcy as early as possible!!!

• Mu
    muffint0p Jul 25, 2010

Seriously, Compass? Online transactions do not qualify as activity to you? Despite having several online transactions on my statement, I was charged a $15 inactivity fee. I AM USING MY ACCOUNT AND YOU ARE CHARGING ME INACTIVITY FEES?! This is theft. I'm closing ALL my accounts including my savings. There are plenty banks out there who don't steal from their customers.

• Ap
    APC1 Oct 23, 2010

Wow! I just opened my BBVA statement on a small account...( I hadn't viewed it for seven months) to find they've been raping me every month. Great! No permission was requested or granted to my knowledge. If this isn't stealing, then I don't know what is. I loan them my money for their use, they don't have to pay me anything...yet they charge me. Ever get the feeling that they're no protections for the common folk? You wouldn't be wrong. Why is there not legislation to stop this thievery. I'll be closing that account first thing tomorrow. Bankers are nothing more than loan sharks in suits.

• Ve
    vegeta.sam Nov 18, 2010

I opened my BBVA Compass acount too, and they started to charge me 15 $ fees every month for an inactive account, even when every month i make online transfers to it from another accounts and from my paypal account.
    When i oppend the account they explained that they will charged my if i would´t have activity in my account, but THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT ELECTRONICS TRANSACTIONS DO NOT QUALIFY AS ACTIVITY...
    Also, i can´t transfer my money to another account becouse i´m not from USA and the bank does´t let me do that online.
    Now, i´m looking for the way to move my money and close my BBVA account.
    My father has an account in COMMERCE BANK, Excelent service, no fees and he makes wire transfers everywhere he wants with no problems ( he doen´t live in USA either)

BBVA, Shame of you

• Ev
    Evan Keller Nov 23, 2010

i disagree, i've been banking with BBVA for 6 years now, and i've never had a problem with them, they have excellent customer service they're employees are so nice, for everyone else who doesn't use their bank accounts, why have a bank account in the first place?

• Ve
    vegeta.sam Nov 30, 2010

(Evan Keller) for everyone else who doesn't use their bank accounts, why have a bank account in the first place?
    I DO USING THE ACCOUNT, but for some working reasons, i´m working outside of USA, and i´m not ussing checks and not ussing my debit card, everything online, the company makes me transfers every month and still the bank is charging me the fee.
    I wrote them and they told me that an mail transfer will activate the account and i have wrote them since them to make a mail transfer and still no answer, so ...

• Ap
    APC1 Dec 04, 2010

@Evan Keller... You... as well as this dishonest bank have completely missed the point. Banks do not simply safeguard a consumer's funds every month...they use those funds to the bank's benefit. Nothing could be worst than charging a consumer who is letting them use his/her full assets...as is happening when the account is not being used. Turning around and charging the lender unreasonable fees under the guise of impending hardship for offering a service, while playing the victim is just wrong and a bit immoral. Banks, airlines and many large companies seem to be following the same trend...penalize the folks who keep them propped up and we seem to be completely unable to do anything about it. They took our money...and YES, it IS our money, from the federal government to bail them out...then charged us exhorbitant interest rates...now they continue the greedy trend of nickle and diming us everyday.

• 0p
    0pp Jan 12, 2011

We need to nuke compassbank right now

• 0p
    0pp Jan 12, 2011

GODDAMN COMPASSBANK

mad college student Jun 12, 2011

I am gradually leaving from BBVA before the charge me a $15 fee I know that there will be months that the only thing happining is direct deposit (I use direct deposit from them and the paycard my job uses) I am a college student that when I get money it has to strech a long way and I don't need anyone else taking it before I use it.

• Er
    ericsun Aug 16, 2011

Compank sucks... They never let you know or notify you that you have been paying this fee for months... Plus, they are robbing their customers.