Complaints & Reviews

have not rec'd amazon gift card!

I ordered my Comcast service via Amazon to qualify for the gift certificate in July, 07. Sent in all the paperwork to get my promised Amazon gift card. It's been 6 months and nothing. The email was returned saying they get too many emails to reply. The phone number on their website is bogus.

• Th
    Thomas C Jan 23, 2008

Same problem here. Ordered service in September '07 and have not received the promised Amazon gift cert. Called in Nov. '07 and was givien a ticket # to address problem, which the rep promised would be addressed in 6 to 8 weeks. When I called in Jan. '08, another rep said I was mis-informed, it would take 16 to 20 weeks to address my issue. What a rip off! The # i called was 800-478-6613.

• Na
    Nancy Gutcher Feb 11, 2008

I was directed by the Direct TV ordering tool to find high speed internet satellite service, told I could get Wild Blue, billed by Buy Telco 369.00 did not here from Wild Blue, called, they said I had not heard because I couln not get Wild Blue. I contacted Wild Blue, direct Tv, and the Buy Telco is bogus, I plan on contacting my attorney.

• Sh
    Sharon Feb 13, 2008

Don't bother with them. You can get $150 back in check, a free modem and install kit, all at Circuit City - and it actually works (so I'm told, I wish I'd done it that way). I can't not get my rebate - because i can't GET THE REBATE FORM. If anyone has their email with it, please, please forward it to me!! Thanks. Why go to this not accessible ripoff company when you can get a good deal from one of your local electronics stores? (It's on Circuit City's website, but you have to go into the store.) At least that was my logic. By the way the affiliate off Staples website is one of these ripoff places - CC's really through CC.

The longer story:

When ordering an email is supposed to arrive containing the forms for submitting the rebate form. Mine didn't arrive. I called again, we resubmitted it and it still didn't arrive. I've called a month later and tried again with a slightly different home address and it still isn't arriving. Meanwhile I emailed Mr. Gallow 4 times over several weeks time, NO RESPONSE. I called the rebate line and she contacted the website owner but isn't allowed to give out their information.

Yipes. How can a company be this disreputable? And why does comcast allow itself to be so degraded by calling them "affiliated"...

• Sh
    Sharon Feb 13, 2008

Addendum

I just received the rebate email. It's been 1 1/2 months since I ordered the service so we'll see if this form works. It's got the wrong valid dates and is for $125, not the $150 at the time I ordered.

Turns out by using a B at the end of the number in my street address, it allowed a new signup and that's how I got this form.

What a pain, and i haven't even mailed this yet. What confirmation number should I use? Try 1, 2 or 3?

• Is
    IsmailBhai Apr 29, 2009

Acceller/ Digital Landing is nothing but a fraud. My brother and I both ordered the Comcast service from them and were supposed to get $200 amazon.com gift card, but it's been more than 10 months since I sent in my paperwork and I've been calling and yelling at them every 2 weeks and they create a new case for me and tell me a supervisor will call me but no one ever called. Recently I got hold of Acceller's corporate number 7868376812. The lady's name is monique and she is a manager and she promised I would have my gift card within 2 weeks. We'll see.

jason gallow / accelor / no response!

I took advantage of the $150 Amazon Gift Card promotion that BuyTelco was offering and placed an order for Internet service through them back in Feb. It's Nov. and, after reading several complaints about BuyTelco, I'm not surprised that I haven't received the gift card.

I've called & emailed BuyTelco numerous times, to no avail. I've even called my internet provider, who advised there wasn't anything they could do because it wasn't their promotion, BuyTelco is the third-party, blah-blah-blah.

Ok, so, I found that I wasn't the only person frustrated with BuyTelco and their lack of customer service! I read one of the complaints that mentioned he emailed Jason Gallow at [protected]@acceller.com and received his gift card within 24hrs via email. I'VE EMAILED THE MYSTERIOUS MR. GALLOW 3 TIMES AND HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING! I'm a very rational person, but patient I am not!

I followed the guidelines and sent BuyTelco the necessary information before the deadline. All I want is my friggin' $150 Amazon Gift Card! Why does it have to be so difficult? So Frustrating!

Patience is not MY vertue -
Seattle, WA

• Du
    Dulci Frank Dec 14, 2007

After posting my complaint I finally received my Amazon.com gift cards... Thank you Jason Gallow!

• It is a total scam, I've read numerous blogs all over the place and no-one that "claims" to have received their gifts cards really exist. Hmmm, could this be another one of their scams to get more people signed up? There was also a "Jason Gallows" who claims to help you out. I called...no-one by that name has ever worked for their company.
    I've received numerous correspondance from 2 individuals. Yet it's been almost 8 months with no gift cards...SCAM. Digital Landing, Acceller and BuyTelco are all shady companies. The following 2 people have been "trying to help"...still no gift card. Go figure. I'm also making it my "personal mission in life" to go after these companies till they own up to their scam. GO TO COMCAST DIRECTLY TO SIGN UP!!

Karina Falcone
    815 NW 57th Avenue, Suite 400
    Miami, FL 33126

Lili Arroyo
    Sales Dept.
    ICS - Interactive Contact Solutions, Inc.
    2650 S. Falkenburg Rd
    Riverview, FL 33578
    800-225-3690 x5105
    813-463-9543 fax

fraud and cheating!

I signed up for Comcast in early February through comcastoffer.com because they were offering a $150 Amazon...

scam and cheating!

On july 8, 2006 I responded to a e-mail promotion off from buytelco offering broadband service. This offer...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices