Buy.Com & Shopper Discounts & Rewards Customer Service12 Dollar a month scam

On 6/30/09 I ordered something from Buy.com. and sometime in July I started getting a $12.00 charge on my credit card. I did not pick this up until today and I called Shoppers Discount company and they were telling me about my membership, yes that's right, the very one I did not sign up for. They mentioned they were partnering or something like that with Buy.com. I was furious and demanded that they refund all the money they charged me and they said they would. I also called American Express and told them to put the money back. If Shoppers discount actually credits our account in 3-5 days like promised, Amex can have it.
Be aware of coupons during check out, I think that is how they got me as well.
Shoppers Discount is a scam, I wonder how many people do not realize and just cancel their membership after forking over 12, 24 or more dollars.
Will be reporting to CT BBB, DCA, and attorney general.
JP

• Ju
    JusticepDiddy Oct 07, 2009

You had to sign up to be charged.

maaadams Oct 23, 2009

Did you get your money back? I just found a charge on my account for 12.00 and called and cancelled it. I just used a $10.00 coupon at coldwater creek that i thought i got from them evidently it was this very same thing!!

• Ex
    exposed$12 Nov 12, 2009

I just found the same thing and cancelled it. I bought a Bike through Performance Bike and If I did sign up It did not say anything about a 12 dollar a month charge! I think this is FRAUD... when I metioned Fraud they quickly got me off the phone. DO NOT Sign up for shoppers discounts... they use the credit card info from your purchace and charge you. These other companys like Performance Bike must know about it or be in partnership with them.

• Ri
    riggs28 Nov 23, 2009

This is all too common. These companies do not care about you, they simply trick you into joining then refund your money when you complain. The reason this is profitable is because if even one in ten customers do not call to have the charges reversed it is a HUGE financial windfall for them, it's like the nigerian scam without the worry of legal action because they promptly reverse charges when asked.

Read this WHEN asked, so these kinds of scams will never go away as long as even 1% of the people out there fail to call them or forget or just don't bother. This is easy revenue for them and for their affiliates and a reputable company would never use these tactics to increase revenues.

That said, some of the largest retailers are allowing their customers to be ripped off and scammed buy.com is notorious for this and you should look at using another company for your online needs, I believe amazon is much more customer oriented and does not utilize this type of scam nor does newegg.com and both have similar prices as buy.com

• Sh
    shoppervictim Dec 02, 2009

Yeah the same thing happend with me as well!! But they have promised to refund it back! I am hoping it will get deposited back in few days. Beware! I dont remember I ever registered for this!!!