bulldogsnewyork.comBull Terrier with Congenital Problem

A

I, Amanda Pagan and my boyfriend Alberto Quezada, were interested in purchasing a Bull Terrier Puppy. We searched online and came across a website bulldogsnewyork.com. I then called the number on the website [protected]. I reached a voicemail and a lady named Kim Blume called me back. We scheduled an appointment to go see the puppies they had on Thursday May 5th, 2011.

On Thursday May 5th, 2011, we headed to Kim’s house located at Staten Island, N.Y. We went inside she had us take off our shoes and we went to see the puppies. She had two male puppies and two female puppies. The two female puppies were in separate cages and the two male puppies were in the same cage together. At first we told Kim, the breeder, we were interested in purchasing a tan puppy so we played with the male puppy who was tan in color. Then we noticed there was a female there who was very outgoing and feisty and happy and she caught our attention. The breeder asked if we wanted to see the female, we said yes, so she took the white female puppy out. We played with the white female puppy for about fifteen minutes. Then we discussed the prices with the breeder. Both females were priced at $1700. The males were priced at $1600. We were a little shocked because on the phone she told us the puppies were priced from $1200 and up so we didn’t expect the prices to be that high. The breeder asked what was a decent price for us and we told her $1300 is the best we can do. So the breeder said let me call my uncle since he is the breeder and she just sells the dogs which seemed normal to me since on the bulldogsnewyork.com website it says IVAN’S PUPPIES. She comes back in about two minutes later and says her uncle can do $1400 for the male but there’s no negotiating on the females $1700 is the price. We really wanted a female but we settled with the male at $1400. We put down a $300 cash deposit and signed a contract for the male. We left her house and that evening we couldn’t get our mind off the female. We talked at home and decided to call Kim back, so I called her back and some other lady picked up the phone and told us that she was Kim’s Aunt and she would have Kim call me, Amanda, back. Kim called me back and I explained to her we wanted the female instead of the male. Kim said no problem with our $300 deposit she will keep the dog at her place for 10 days and we can come pick up the dog when we are ready with the rest of the cash of now $1700 for the female.

On Saturday May 7th, 2011 I went with my cousin Stephanie Medina back to Kim’s house in Staten Island, N.Y. to see the female once again and give Kim another $200 toward the puppy, So in total we gave Kim $500 deposit and still owed her $1200 towards the puppy. While at Kim’s house on this day we played with the puppy for about 20 minutes and she looked fine to me but I wasn’t looking for abnormalities because I’m not a doctor or don’t know what a puppy is suppose to look like since this was my first time puppy shopping. I figured the way she was walking was a normal puppy thing.

On Thursday May 12th, 2011 my boyfriend and I went to pick up the puppy I signed the final contract and headed home with the puppy. On the ride home the puppy sat in my lap and then at home we let her walk around the floor we noticed she was walking funny, but once again thought nothing of it because we figured it was a normal puppy thing. Our friends and family came over and pointed out to us they realized she was walking funny as well with her hips popping out. We let it go one more day figuring she was just getting used to walking since she was caged at the breeders house most of the time. Also we noticed she had scar marks on her body.

On Friday May 13th, 2011 we had noticed she was actually limping on her left leg. After contemplating about contacting the breeder so late at night I was very worried and decided it was necessary so at that time it was already 12:25 AM on Saturday May 14th, 2011 I told the breeder we had brought the puppy home and noticed she was walking funny like something was wrong with her legs through text message. I told the breeder Kim she was walking like she has bad hips, and Kim said if she was limping she may have gotten hurt and I told her ever since we brought her home we noticed the leg problems more and more and she said some puppies can look a little bulk legged and not to worry unless it seems like the puppy was in pain. Kim stated the puppy’s hips and everything has been checked out already and is fine. I told her we will be taking the puppy to the vet Saturday to get her checked out ourselves.

On the evening of Saturday May 14th, 2011 we brought the puppy to the vet and our vet said this puppy is no good take her back to the breeder. So we left the vet and contacted Kim she said our vet has no idea what he was talking about that the puppy was fine and 90% of puppies walk like that and it was normal. We argued back and forth and she said if I wasn’t happy we could return the puppy and get another puppy instead. I said okay, how do we go about doing that, she said first for us to take the puppy to HER vet that her and her uncle use and have been using for years that we can get x-rays to prove the puppy is okay and her uncle will pay for everything. So Kim told me to drive out to Howard Beach Animal Clinic 163-11 Cross Bay Boulevard, Howard Beach NY 11414. She told us we specifically have to see Steven R Weinstein, D.V.M. that he was the best doctor there. At this point we wanted to just drive out there and see any doctor available because we wanted to resolve this issue.

On Sunday May 15th, 2011 we drove out to the vet Kim told us to go to. Dr. Erin T. Kulick took a look at the puppy and said something is definitely wrong but she wanted a second opinion so she called in Dr. Nicole R. Peta and she came in and agreed something was wrong, together they thought it could be the knee or the hip, I asked if it was congenital they said x-rays need to be taken for them to tell what the exact problem is. Once we mentioned it was “Ivan’s puppies” they said Dr. Weinstein has to be the one to take a look at her and figure out the problem. They told us to leave the puppy over night and in the morning she would be given anesthesia and they would do the x-rays and call us after they figured out the problem. I also asked where the scars on the puppy came from and the Doctors told me that she got them from playing with other puppies. On our way home I called Kim told her what happened and she said we shouldn’t have left the puppy there over night I told her the Doctors at the vet told us to and she told me to call her when we got the results.

On May 16th, 2011 in the afternoon Dr. Weinstein called me and told me in his opinion it was a bone fracture and he was going to put a cast on her and once the puppy heals she will be okay. He also said he could not write me a written guarantee on his findings. So I spoke with the breeder Kim and she said she would call the doctor, once she did she called me back and said he would write a written guarantee. We then proceeded to NY to pick up the puppy and once we got there I asked for a copy of the x-rays and a written guarantee. I was given a copy of the x-rays but he said he couldn’t write me any letter because it was just his opinion that it was a bone fracture but he didn’t do a diagnosis. My boyfriend asked Dr. Weinstein if in 6 months will the dog have a problem with the leg and he told my boyfriend the come back and see me in 6 months. Also he stated to us for us not to think himself, Dr. Weinstein was lying to us because he does business with the breeder. After we left the NY vet we went back to our vet which is Summit Animal Clinic 3130 Summit Ave. Union City, NJ 07087. We showed our vet the x-rays that Dr. Weinstein took and our vet Dr. Carlos Triana stated the x-rays were no good to just pick the dog back to the breeder. We contacted the breeder and she told us our vet needs to give a diagnosis an actual medical term for what the dog has. Even though her own vet wouldn’t give a diagnosis. She told my boyfriend to go ahead and spend all the money he wants with vet bills as the breeder would no longer cover for anything. We drove back to our vet and he told us to come back the next morning and he would take his own x-rays.

On May 17th, 2011 we went our vet Dr. Carlos Triana. He took his own x-rays and sent them to a x-ray specialist to get a diagnosis. He sent the X-rays to Dave Kunz, DVM, Dip. ACVR located in Clackamas, OR 97015.

On May 18th, 2011 we called our vet Dr. Carlos Triana and he told us to come in so he can give us the puppies x-ray results. We got to the vet and he gave us a written report from the x-ray specialists stating the puppy has Osteochondral defect. Our vet said she sold us a dog with problems and that is illegal to do. We call the breeder and tell her we got a diagnosis and she insist we still have to take it up with her own vet in N.Y. and if he disagrees with the findings they will not give us our money back or exchange for a different puppy. In our contract it says we can go to any licensed veterinarian and it doesn’t have to be HER own vet she chooses. My boyfriend got on the phone and spoke to her and she said to him Amanda signed the contract so I only want to speak with her. She said to me I need to go to her own vet and she will not extend the 1 week health guarantee even though we received a diagnosis it’s still not good enough for her. Since her own vet told her and Ivan who actually breeds the dogs he feels it’s just a bone fracture. She then told me I need to speak to her uncle who breeds the dogs because she no longer wants to be apart of the arguments. Once I looked again at my contract from the puppy I realized Kim’s name is all over the contract her uncle isn’t stated anywhere. She has a man named Mike called me from a private number and say he is her uncle. When I asked who is Mike? He said I am Mike, Kim’s uncle, I told him I thought the breeder’s name was Ivan he said maybe Ivan is her other uncle I don’t know who Ivan is. I told Kim that I only want to speak to her because he name is on the contracts. So this is between her and I.

At this point this is where it ended off she is refusing to help me and telling me that I have to go to her vet on Friday when by Friday the 1 week health guarantee is expired. I gave her everything she wanted and she is still fighting me saying the dog has a bone fracture which happened with me even though her own vet told me she had the dogs playing in a cage and that’s when she received her scars.

On Friday May 20th, 2011 we went to her vet Dr. Weinstein in Queens. He took the cast off the puppy and said he doesn’t know what is wrong, he said anyone can see she’s limping but he couldn’t guarantee me that this puppy will be okay in the future. He went outside the room and left one of the other helpers in the room with us while he “made a phone call to Ivan the breeder”. The vet came back inside and told us the Breeder will exchange the puppy for us. He also told us he can’t say if he ever had seen this specific puppy. That Ivan comes in with the puppies in a crate and he checks them over and tells Ivan which puppies he can sell. Once outside I called Kim on the phone and she told me if I could hold onto the puppy for a few days and come back Monday at 7pm with the dog and our documents and we can pick out a new puppy. She said her uncle will bring new puppies to her house or we can drive out to Long Island. At this point if we are going to get a new puppy from Kim I want medical records and a health certificate to see for myself the puppy has been checked out by a new vet. If not, I want my money back.

Over the next few days Kim kept telling me that they had new puppies coming in on Monday. Monday turns into Tuesday May 24th, 2011. Once I get to her house she asks me for all my research. My vets x-rays and the Diagnosis Report. Kim also takes the puppy away from me that had the leg problem. My father Jose Pagan and friend Alberto Suarez went with me to Kim’s House. I noticed there’s a man and lady there with Kim but at first they don’t say much. I checked out the puppies there and there was only one new puppy which was a boy! I told Kim I only want a girl and the girl she had there was one I had seen at her house before and she knew I didn’t like that female dog. I told her I want in writing that in 3 weeks when new puppies come in she will exchange the dog for us we can pick out a new puppy. After waiting a while for her uncle to call she went into the living room and asked the lady what she should write down for me to say she will give me a new puppy in 3 weeks. Kim and the lady at her house kept attacking me saying they didn’t sell me a puppy with problems and I hurt the puppy or someone at my house hurt the puppy that since the puppy is hurt I just want to give it back. Which is so untrue that puppy we brought it home and noticed something was wrong right away. I never hurt that puppy! Nor did anyone in my house! We finally left Kim’s house with a letter in writing stating I will get to choose a new puppy in 3 weeks.

I woke up to a phone call from Kim On Wednesday May 25th, 2011. Kim told me they had the dog looked over by an orthopedic and the dog was injured and that my vet got the diagnosis of a congenital problem to cover his own ###? Those were her words exactly. I’m not friends with my own vet so why would he risk his license to give me a diagnosis? Anyhow, Kim went on to say that we hurt the dog (I WOULD NEVER HURT A DOG!!!) and that her uncle his willing to give us $1200 cash back even though we paid $1700. On the contract it states no cash refunds under any circumstances! So if they felt I hurt the dog why would they offer me cash back? Kim said either you take the cash back or wait 3 weeks to look at the new dogs we have coming in. I asked Kim that I want to see copies of the Orthopedic and the dog surgery the dog need she told me she will NOT release anything to me. So I don’t even know if they really gave the dog surgery or put the dog to sleep? We decided to take the cash and be done with these people. We met Kim in Staten Island at a notary republic and she wrote up a letter saying she’s giving me cash back and she owed nothing us to me and wanted me to sign it in front of a notary republic. We went to a store called one hour photo located at 1650 Richmond Ave in Staten Island. The notary republic told Kim we both have to sign since both our names are stated in the note. So I gave my Identification and Kim stated she didn’t have Identification even though she was driving? She said she keeps her fingers crossed she doesn’t get pulled over. The notary republic refused to notarize anything till we both showed identification. Kim went home told us to wait there while she tried to find identification. When she came back she said she couldn’t find anything so she got into our car outside the store gave me the $1200 cash and had me just sign a letter nothing notarized.

This whole process was heartbreaking, frustrating, and costly! We spent money in vet bills, tolls, gas, and lost $500 from these people! Was I the first person to have a problem with the family from bulldogsnewyork.com? Maybe. We feel we have been scammed and it’s so sad! I can’t believe there are people out there who do this to innocent people. We did everything these people ever asked from us and got screwed in return. I hope my story helps someone in the future and this never happens to anyone again.

Every day of the rest of my life I will be wondering what happened to the beautiful puppy and wishing I could afford to give her the surgery she needed and not have had to give her back to those people. Thank you Ivan’s Puppies, Kim Blue, and bulldogsnewyork.com for putting me through this and living a scar on me forever.

Check online for pointers on picking out good breeders and which ones not to trust.

Never trust a breeder who pushes a certain vet on you, the chances of the vet and breeder being in business together are very high since they both profit out of the scam!

• Yo
    Yorkielover5 Mar 22, 2017

I recently purchased a yorkie from Mike's Puppies or Ron's puppies hm same Breeder from my research. Same story from what I read. The family has been breeding for years. So what I've learned is they breed bull dogs and yorkie. I contacted a woman from breeders.net n was told she doesn't have any puppies but to contact her sister who had yorkie. I contacted the sister and purchased the dog while signing the paper work seeing Mike's Puppies I thought maybe they needed a name to sell the puppies (I've only worked with one other Breeder). They noticed the name at the bottom was Kim which I read her name online a lot with the bull dogs. I never met the mother and father of the yorkie but saw a bulldog in the woman's kitchen to only think it was their family pet. Well now I know that dog is probably the dog they breed.
    The dog was given de warmer and was told that when the vet checks for warms they don't look for eggs so it's just to be safe (against something I've never dealt with and was not sure). So I believed Danielle who sold the yorkie a keep the pup on the de warmer. The pup 1.8lbs has not gone to the bathroom so I brought her to the vet to find out that she has warms! Shocker. So my goal at this point is to let people be aware that this family really does not care about animals and are clearly in it for the money. Don't lie to people about the dogs health there are laws in place for people like you regardless of the paper work you have people sign.
    I'm disgusted that these people don't care for these small pets. I understand that pups can get warms but she lied right to our face knowing these dogs had warms and saying the dewarmer was a procaution, meanwhile the vet said the Medd they gave us was not enough to take care of the warms. This is also why they say to take the dog to the vet two- two and halfs wks after purchase. After the 14days the law covers you.
    Do not purchase from this "family" they are basically a puppy mill!

• Me
    Melissa DiMemmo Oct 23, 2015

We bought what we thought was a mini bull terrier from the same people and we love him but he is no mini - he is more than 55 pounds-- and the people are definitely sketchy and not to be trusted
    It seems the site has changed names and now is Amy's bull terrier -- same as Ivan's just trying to run from the previous bad reviews!!!

• Ga
    Gabriela1977 Jan 27, 2015

This is the picture of my puppie i told you before

Comments

• Ga
    Gabriela1977 Jan 27, 2015

Hi, i just read all this and i dont understand what happened, I bought a yorkie puupy from them last july
    2014, he is 9 months now and thanks God he never had problem, he is so cute and healthy, the only tjing was wrong was the size, she said he will weight no more than 5 pounds and he is ready around 10 but still cute and we love him ! Maybe i was lucky !

Bugsy's Mom Aug 28, 2013

My sister in law purchased a puppy from Ivans Puppies and just had to put him down!! After consulting with 2 Vets they were told that this poor puppy would never have a good quality of life, and he wouldnt live long... and the time he had would be filled with suffering due to an abnormally small trachea! Please have your dogs xrayed as soon as you get them if you insist on getting your puppy from IVAN... the dog is usually diagnosed with kennel cough or pneumonia which is really masking the true problem... hypoplastic trachea. Their family is heartbroken!! At least their sweet pup crossed the bridge in the arms of a person who loved him. R.I.P. Luca Brazzi...

Amanda Pagan Jun 01, 2013

Jamie. If I can help just one person from being scammed the way my family and I were, I've succeeded. I'd rather tell my story then hide in embarrassment of falling for a scam, I was so hurt by these people I cried for hours in her house when I had to hand over the puppy and they showed no care.

Jamie54 Jun 01, 2013

I'm glad I came across this!!! After reading the comments I find it interesting that the last 2 positive posts have grammar issues like Ivan's Puppies post and Kim's. you can totally tell its them trying to be happy customers. Again I'm glad I found this before we did anything with theses people!!!

• Ac
    AC8668 May 25, 2013

I personally know Amanda who bought the puppy. The lady Kim or whatever her alias is is obviously upset because someone called her out. I saw the puppy as soon as she was brought home and I was the 1st person to notice the limp on the puppy. Amanda teed everything in her power to care for the puppy and come to a reasonable conclusion. Main reason the puppy had to be taken back was because a licenses vet looked at the leg and through thorough X-rays brought up the fact the leg was like that for a while. Kim if you feel like commenting on this post I suggest you don't. Because I have way too much to say.

Amanda Pagan May 25, 2013

bulldogsnewyork http://bulldogsnewyork.com puppy mill scam blume staten island disaster bull terrier puppies

Amanda Pagan May 25, 2013

OH AND DRA (DOG REGISTRY OF AMERICA) THAT IS A SIGN ALONE IF THE DOG IS NOT REGISTERED WITH AKC THINK TWICE BEFORE PURCHASING THE PUPPY. AKC IS WHAT GOOD BREEDERS USE!

I CALLED DRA AND THEY TOLD ME ANY DOG CAN BE REGISTERED, NOT WITH AKC, AKC WANTS BLOODLINES!

DON'T BUY FROM WWW.BULLDOGSNEWYORK.COM, IVAN, KIM, FRAN THAT WHOLE FAMILY IS RUNNING A PUPPY MILL BUSINESS AND SCAM!!

Amanda Pagan May 25, 2013

Interesting that the comments I got that were positive were from a person named "kimber" hmmm Kimberly? The KIM who sold me the puppy by chance!? Oh yes check your papers anyone who bought from these "breeders" If it's not an AKC puppy...you got a bad sale!!! My dogs are both AKC registered and HEALTHY BEAUTIFUL PUPPIES WILL COME SOON FROM BAYONNE, NJ!!!

john millen Jan 22, 2013

hi i purchased a male English bulldog pup and my brother on 1-2-2011.that they r the best dogs we ever owned.when we went to purchase the pups we met ivan, like his place which was very clean and not a puppy mill.he was very helpful and explained everything to us.he even told us that if there was ever a question or problem contact him immed. great person.thanks again ivan we would recommend anyone that wants a pup

• Ki
    Kimber0109 Dec 05, 2012

Hello, one day I would absolutely LOVE to buy another English bulldog from Ivan's.. My boyfriend bought our beautiful English Bulldog Tank from them, and we just celebrated his 2nd birthday on 11.28. I just wanted to say that he is the best thing to have ever happened to us and we love him to death!!! He is a solid 50lbs, very healthy, super energetic & friendly, and everywhere we go with Tank, we get stopped by people who want to meet him. Keep up the great work, and hopefully soon ill be coming for a girlfriend for him! :D -Kim & Josh
    I STRONGLY RECOMMEND these breeders, don't listen to a single negative post on here.

• Na
    Naiman Oct 15, 2012

Please do not buy a dog from Ivan. His puppies are sick and he is not a real breeder. I had many health issues with my dog ..but thought he was ok for the most part because I heard bulldogs have a lot of issues. well I lost my baby at three years old and I am devastated.

Jar2124 Oct 09, 2012

I am completely heartbroken reading all of these horrible horrible situations everyone had to go through because of ivan. Now that I look back I guess I shouldve known.. But its too late. My beloved bulldog from Ivan tragically passed away a few weeks ago. And he was only 3. After reading these other reviews and realizing my baby wasn't so healthy there is no doubt in my mind that Ivan breeds unhealthy dogs and only in it form the money. He does not love his puppies. They are money to him, looking back, when my husband and I went to his house all the pups were in cages and the parents were no where to he found, we saw a picturenof our puppies parents. Then we thought no big deal but now, after doing research.. A real breeder will always have parents on site. They will also be akc certified. And Ivan is not. Looking back he also didnt ask me and my husband any questions about ourselves.. Again, not caring where the dog is going, just as long as it's sold. Looking at more reputable breeders they interview you, ask for references, call your vet etc... Ivan didn't care to know about us! My baby had cherry eye surgery and had to have his tail removed. At the time I thought.. Oh this is typical bulldog stuff, but can to find out it's all hereditary and passed along from their bloodlines, my baby also had horrible allergies, which also is hereditary. reputable breeders will not breed an unhealthy dog, because of course it will pass along all of these problems, but unethical breeders will breed any dog to make babies and money.. And this is why there are so many sick bulldogs out there. Ivan also feeds his puppies ekanuba.. I'd he knew anything about bulldogs he would know most are allergic to grains, so he should be feeding a grain free food, but if course not. Days after bringing our baby home he had horrible diarrhea and stomach issues.. Probably because if the food because Ivan doesn't give a ###. I am just so sickened by all of this. Theses puppies become a member of our families and I have cried fir three weeks straight because I miss my baby so much... How can someone not have a heart? Ivan you are a ### and trust me, you will get yours one day,

• Me
    melisa76 Jul 31, 2012

wow...I am so glad i found all this information...I am interested in buying a bulldog...i checked out ivans website on facebook...I should have know something wasnt right, , , , because prices are so cheap...smh...so confussed :( ..can anybody recommend a breeder so i can find A BULLDOG puppy ?????

Amanda Pagan May 22, 2012

These people need to pay they deserve to be punished, maybe they should be stuck in cages and bred constantly, a whole year later it sickens me that my story is not the only story. How can these people sell these dogs and still live with themselves? They prey on human emotions knowing we grow attached to animals so quickly. When we purchased our new dog from a great breeder when I seen her and realized how healthy she was I knew that the dog The Blume's had sold us was a unhealthy puppy from a puppy mill, I Hope before anyone purchases dogs from them reads this website...

and KIm Blume - is HOLLY BLUME yup I know your real name now Kim/Holly and why you claimed to have NO drivers license at the notary republic that day even though you were driving the car.

Ivan Blue has his family members sell the puppies because if you do research on him his been in lots of trouble with selling unhealthy dogs.

This family has to be stopped!

• Mi
    Mirna Everett May 21, 2012

A year and half ago me and my husband unfortunately bought an English Bulldog from Ivan's puppies. I can't stress enough how many times I ended up in the Emergency Hospital for animals. When my dog was about 5 months old he started peeing blood (before that he had a constant rush on his belly), that was the first time that we went to emergency for blood. Since then two more times we went to emergency for the same problem. Bladder infection, lining inside the bladder and swollen prostate was the last diagnose (we neutered our dog but still he had swollen prostate). We have a great vet and basiccaly to make our vet expenses less my vet told us to buy a urinalysis strips and now we have to check my dogs urine every day and make sure that his PH is not too high and that he doesn't have blood in his urine! I can't stress enough how much my dog suffered. On the top of this problem he has problem with his his tail and it is constant problem to keep my dog healthy. He also has skin allergies and wrinkle problems but these last two we somehow manage with great quality grain free dog food. I remember when we bought our dog from Ivan he told us to feed him with Eukanuba!!! At that time I didn't know a lot about dogs (if I knew what I know now I would never ever buy a dog without checking breeder's background throughly) but now I now that if you are serious breeder and if you care about your dogs you will make sure they get proper nutrition and that they are heathy. I know that English Bulldogs do have some problems but I newer heard of puppy peeing blood three times during one year! This breeder IVAN is DANGEROUS person, who doesn't care for dogs at all. One more thing, when we brought my dog at our home, he didn't like any human contact like if I wanted to pet him or just kiss him... Now he let me to pet him and kiss him but I needed over a year to make him realax. I did call Ivan and ask why my dog behaves like this and why he barks a lot but Ivan told me coldly that my dog thinks he is alfa dog and that all is fine with him and he was anoyed with my call. After that I did't call him at all because it was clear to me that we bought a dog from bad peson and that he will try to escape every responsibility. I love my dog so so so much and I would do anything for him that is why I didn't want to try to return my dog because Ivan and all this people who work with him are evil, and who knows what they do to their animals. It is very sad that this peson is still selling dogs and it is out there. That I have money I would sue him fo sure, but all money I have I spent on my dogs vet bills. I am praying every day that my dog lives without pain. This is very evil peson and don't buy dogs from Ivans bulldogs NY!

IVANS BULLDOGS NEWYORK BULLDOGS NY BULLDOGS IVANS PUPPIES

Angela Mia Mar 22, 2012

This is James talking now that was my fiancé jessica writing before. Ivan blume or whatever you call yourself. We are all judged by what we do in this life. When you meet your maker I can assure you the gates of heaven will not open up, theres a place for people like you. I don't even know how you live with yourself. These dogs are just profit centers for you, you have no emotion.. I want you to know that when I met you yesterday it was very hard for me not to knock your teeth down your throat or make you feel pain like our french bulldog Enzo felt.
    Stay away from Ivan's bulldogs NY bulldogs Ivan's puppies!!!

Angela Mia Mar 22, 2012

Ivan states we did not have his concent to put our dog down. We did not need his concent the dog was ours the second we signed papers stating that. If I took him out of the hospital to take him to his vet he would have died on the way up to ny. He was in too critical condition and better off where he was. I do have all the papers regarding our puppy including a not fit for sale letter from the vet. Our vet is certain the dog was sold to us with parvovirus virus. There was no way it came out of the blue within the week of owning him. Incubation in 10-14 days and we had him 7 days. Oh and sorry it was 3, 600 not 3, 000 we got back. I'm not a liar and I absolutely don't just care about the money but it's sad I have no dog and I'm still out about 1, 600! I loved my dog and gave him the best chance to live a healthy life unfortunately the virus was already too bad when he was treated because he prob had it for weeks. All the puppies I'm sure have it too who were in that litter. It spreads so quick and easily! I'm sure everyone will see more complaints. I'm just mad my dog had to suffer because of a "breeders" careless behavior with living things. It's a shame dogs and their owners have to go thru this! I've said my peace. I just want the public considering a puppy from Ivan to stay clear!!! He should be put out of business but sadly he will just open up as another name like he's done in the past. Ny bulldogs for example...DO NOT BUY PUPPY FROM IVAN

• Il
    I love healthy pups Mar 22, 2012

Ivan is running a puppy mill. They have any kind of dog that you are looking for. It's a shame that people like him are only in this business for the almighty dollar and they couldn't care less about all these poor innocent puppies or the people who purchase them to love them and want to make them a part of their family only to lose them a week or two that they had them and to be left with vet bills up the kazoo. Please stay away fro Ivan's Bulldogs or you to will be crying for your puppy.

bulldogsnewyork Mar 22, 2012

again its sad the pup passed away, but did everything to steer this customer in the right direction.he lied what he got back as payment, also never supplied any documents or death certificate.in good faith i gave him a full refund and medical.even though he told the vet to put the pup down without my consent.if he was so concerned james was only worried about the 10, 000 that the cadillac of vets wanted to charge for a transfusion.i would have has my vet do it just to give the pup a chance and was never afforded the opportunity.this man has to much anger to think with a clear head.i try to keep my customers happy but u can never make everyone happy

Angela Mia Mar 22, 2012

It doesn't matter what these so- called breeder say everything that comes out the their mouths is a lie. They have a comback for everything because they have delt with this before. Im not the only mad customer. Anyone considering buying a dog from them do yourself a favor and don't buy the puppy! There are plenty of other reputable breeder out there. I've lost my dog and can't get him back. Now I'm just trying to prevent the same thing from happening to someone else! Yes Ivan's house ( or whoevers house it really is) is clean but we don't know the conditions of the place they get the dogs from. I don't trust him his family or his vet, who also has many complaints against himself. They are all in business together and that's exactly what it is to them just business. They don't care for the dogs like we do. Anyone reading this...DO NOT BUY FROM IVANS BULLDOGS!

bulldogsnewyork Mar 22, 2012

what is sad. that the pup did pass away.before these customers purchased the pup an option was given to them.a 5 year vet plan.if the pup got ill if they took the pup to this vet their bill would have been 15.00.they purchased the pup on 3-9-12 Friday.what i explain to anyone that if theres is anything wrong please call me immediately.what the customers claimed the pup got ill on wed their own vet gave a dewormer and they took the pup home.they said on Thursday he was still acting up, and Friday at 900pm they finally called me and made me aware of a problem.at 900pm they said they were at an emergency hospital which are very good but 3x more expensive then any other place.i gave thenm the option that they could bring the pup to my local hospital at no charge.they refused saying that the pup is very ill and they liked the place where they were at.i informed them that if the pup stabilizers please take it to my vet and again there will be no charge they refused..i had no health issues at my home with any litter mates or other pups.this virus could have been picked up even by them but no one can accused or point any fingers. i tried calling them many times, they didn't even call me back until they said the pup was put down by james without my consent.he told me he had no choice that the Cadillac of hospitals wanted 10000 for a blood tranfusion. he did have a choice.as a breeder and since i stand behind my pups.i would have had my vet do the tranfusion at no charge to him.he took it upon himself to put the pup down.not saying my vet is a miracle worker no vet is, even his Cadillac of hospitals.they tried the best they can.as a reputable breeder i stood behind the pup.refunded his purchase price and medical not 3000 as he stated more.i guess with parvo there are a lot of factors that can cause that, but even though with vaccines and other measures a pup is still not totally protected

Angela Mia Mar 21, 2012

Me and my fiancée bought a French bulldog from Ivan of Ivan's puppies/ivans bulldogs. Clearly he was just the middle man and not the breeder like he claims he is. The parents are nowhere to be found and we actually noticed the second visit to his house there were several dogs added to the bunch, just an hour later. Who knows where he gets the dogs from. We unfortunately were sold a dog who was severely sick with parvovirus. We got the dog on a Friday and one week later we had to rush the dog to the hospital. We endured thousands of dollars in vet bills and sadly we had to put the dog down a few days later. Myself and my family were devastatied to have to put this dog who we fell in love with down 10 days after picking him up from this so called breeder. Our vet assured us that the dog came from the breeder with this virus and issued a not fit for sale letter. When we contacted Ivan he was upset we put the dog down and told us we should have sent the dog to his vet, like he's a miracle worker. Our dog was in the Cadillac of hospitals. I know he was just trying to put all the blame on us so he doesn't look like a monster. Wheather he knew the dog was sick or not it's not right that we laid out over 5, 000 between the cost of the dog and the vet bills and only got back 3, 000. After all of this happened I noticed there were many bad reviews on Ivan and his relatives, Kim and Fran. Do not buy from Ivan. He isn't a breeder and is just the middle man. He sees these dogs a dollar signs where we consider them family. I would not want anyone to have to go thru what I had to go thru. I miss my dog so much and only wish he didn't have to suffer and that we could have had more time with him. Please take my advise. I now know that a reputable breeder will let you see the parents, will be registered with the AKC, and will care a little more about the dogs well being. Do a little more research because I wish I did!

• As
    As627 Feb 16, 2012

I have been going to breeders years does not translate to I have been looking for a puppy for years, I have had a shar pei and two pugs and all of them were bought through breeders where we met the breeder went to their house met the parents of the puppies and the whole litter and then talked to the breeder about how long they have been doing this to gauge their understanding of the breed. I cannot stress enough how important is is to do this. I tried to explain this to the incompetent woman on the phone but she couldn't understand, I'm not looking for the perfect puppy, I'm looking for the perfect BREEDER as this breed is commonly inbreed, which results in lots of problems and vet costs down the road. Read any pet blog check any online site and they will tell you before finding a puppy find a breeder that you are comfortable with and is legitimate. These people "Ivans Bulldogs" are not American Kennel Club registered breeders, they should not be trusted.

We actually went the next day to another Staten Island breeder, Frenchie Connection, the very next day, speaking to them right after we spoke to "Fran" at Ivan's. The people at Frenchie Connection are a lovely couple who was more than happy to have us come over meet them and their dogs and the new litter of puppies. We got to see the living environment, meet the puppies parents and most importantly speak to the breeders about how long they have been doing this and why. As I asked questions you could tell they were really comfortable and knowledgeable, not once did they pressure us, rush us or talk price until we asked. They were happy to provide vet recommendations even for in Manhattan and even knew of a holistic vet and when he was in the office. They feed their pets organic natural food and give vitamins, something that is also very important to note. Their dogs were happy and then had space in their home as well as outside, you could tell these dogs were taken care of. They were so professional even when we told them we may have to wait for the next litter to save up some money and make home adjustments, they gave us business cards and said they are more than happy for us to come back whenever we are ready and to keep in touch. They accept multiple forms of payment (not just cash, like Ivan's, which is another red flag).

While we were there, I just happened to mention how we tried to go the day before to meet another breeder and how hostile they were and they wouldn't let us view the puppies until we were ready to buy (unheard of in my experience!) and before I even mentioned the name of the site they both said oh you mean Ivan's dogs, yea we know all about them, and I probed for further detail and they told me how they went to check out the place, no one actually lives at the house someone had to meet them there and the dogs are all caged up and it's always someone's "uncle" or "brother" who is the breeder. They said they have seen frenchies from people who bought them there in dog parks and the owners spoke about how much money they spent in vet bills taking care of the sick dog, as the first lady described in this post. They did say well people must be buying them or they wouldn't still be in business.

As an animal lover, and a dog owner my whole life this makes me sick. This is obviously not news to me, as it has been a problem in recent years, brokers pretending to be breeders over the internet selling puppies to unknowing mostly new dog owners. I cannot stress this enough, go to an American Kennel Club registered breeder, these people Ivan's dogs are not, visit the breeders home, see how the puppies are leaving, meet the parents of the puppies, I didn't even have to get that far with these people to know they are fraudulent puppy brokers.

I also would like to note, as stated in the above comments, I think it's pretty interesting that someone is scouring the internet for negative comments on their website, any normal person who isn't doing something shady wouldn't have to do that. This is a random site called complaints board, which I had never even heard of until I typed in the name of their site and "reviews", who would even think to look here? Someone who is doing something wrong and needs to defend themselves, if they weren't guilty of this they wouldn't be reacting in this manner.

Please, I cannot stress enough to anyone who sees this, don't support these so-called breeders or anyone like them - there are TONS on the internet! Do you research, make sure you are comfortable with the person you are buying from and comfortable with the way they raise their dogs and their living environment. Don't let someone rush you into buying a dog, a good breeder would never do that because they want their puppies to go to the best homes, to caring people that care enough to do the research on the owners and the breed.

• Fr
    Fran11 Feb 16, 2012

I would like to respond to a complaint written about us. I received a call for a French Bulldog puppy from a gentleman saying he was interested in one. He said he wanted to come to take a look at the puppies. I asked when he was ready for a puppy, his response, he didn't know, maybe in about three months or so. I mentioned to him to try to come when you're ready for a puppy. I received a call 10 minutes later from his girlfriend saying she never heard of such a thing and that she's been going to breeders for years, she also said they let her come and hang out and just look. She had a very poor attitude thus making it difficult conversing with her. My question is, if she's been going to breeders for years, why hasn't she purchased a puppy yet?. I just wanted to let her know that we are not a store and we are private. Prospective buyers who come to us usually want to purchase a puppy when they come to see them and are usually ready. When someone says they are not ready for a while, why would they want to come to see them if they won't be able to take that puppy home or are not ready. We don't always have puppies. If they weren't ready for at least three months, we might not have any puppies to show them. That's why we want them to come when ready.
    I think it is a disgrace for someone to call us scam artists when they don't know anything about us. We have been breeding for years. We have the best references and testimonials. People who buy our puppies always tell us how happy they are. I truly feel I ruined their Saturday plans to come to hang out for the day, that's why they are probably so angry. How can people make such false accusations saying that we are so cruel to animals just because I didn't allow them to come and visit. How can they say such harsh words when they've never met us nor seen our puppies. Sounds like sour grapes to me!.

• As
    As627 Feb 11, 2012

Do NOT buy puppies from this "family" of breeder not only are they the most rude people but they also won't let you come see a dog until you are ready to buy them, sounds extremely shady to me. I have dealt with a lot of breeders when buying puppies in the past and I have always been able to meet the breeder at their home, see where their dogs live, how they live and ask any questions. When I called this woman on staten island she said her brother "didn't believe" in letting people view the dogs until they are ready to buy because it was a "waste of his time". This man is her brother. No legitimate breeder would ever say that. These people are likely buying the puppies from a middle man source and trying to sell them as quickly as possible to get them off their hands.

After having such a hostile phone call with the breeder who goes by "Fran" I decided to google their site bulldogsnewyork.com reviews and the first couple hit that came up even before their own website were complaints about the breeders and the dogs. It makes me sick that people do this and get away with it. Again do not buy dogs from this so-called breeder do not support these people and their cruelty to animals. I found the original posting on terrific pets.com for French bulldog puppies. I am also going to be contacting that website about this breeder.

Please do not support this breeder bulldogsnewyork.com located in Staten Island NY a woman named "Fran" and her brother.

• Wh
    whoeffinknows Nov 25, 2011

a breeder who is not guilty would not even give it a thought to have to search the web for complaints.many so called breeders who are scammers and dont really breed the puppies and have many middle mans, pull this kind of stuff.a puppy could have been injured in the car of breeder whn it got a fracture, the fracture however could have healed a little and could rehurt it in new home by jumping up and down.its not nice to sell puppies that are hurt and injured and for the price of a healthy puppy.its also not nice to falsely claim your a breeder when your not.the puppies are most likey bought very cheap out of country even and sold as if they were bred right out of your home when thats far from true.shame on you if this is the case.other people will have similar complaints and you will end up being investigated if you arent already

• Ki
    Kim Blume Aug 30, 2011

Hi, this is Kim Blume and I would like to address many of Amanda's fibs in her story. She was never told we had " Puppies coming in". My family has been breeding and training bull terriers since 1974. We have the best references and testimonials. All of our puppies are put on a strict vaccination and de-worming schedule. Their seen multiple times by licensed veterinarians and are fully checked including for abnormalities and receive a clean bill of health before we put them up for sale. We stand behind all of our puppies with Guarantees. Anyone who purchases a puppy from us can have the pup checked out by any licensed veterinarian of their own choosing.

Amanda is trying to make you think the puppy was sold with a injury and insinuate the puppy had scars to prove it on the " injured leg ". She states "I also asked where the scars on the pup came from and the Doctors told me that she got them from playing with other puppies." She also says "I gave her everything she wanted and she is still fighting me saying the dog has a bone fracture which happened with me even though her own vet told me she had the dogs playing in a cage and that’s when she received her scars."
    The scarring that the Doctors and Amanda talked about are the few marks on her nose and front leg. Their was absolutely NO Scars ON THE PUPPYS INJURED LEG.
    When puppies play with each other they do not realize their own strength sometimes and have sharp puppy teeth.

For those of you reading this please understand ComplaintBoard can't verify consumer complaints are legitimate. Postings of unverified statements may come from disgruntled former employees, unethical competitors, and consumers who in fact are wrong in their allegations. Just because your reading this complaint does not make it true.

My family sold a female bull terrier puppy to Amanda. She saw the puppy on three different occasions before taking her. A few days of her having the puppy home she sent us a text message at 12: 25 am and said the puppy is limping. The puppy got hurt with her and was diagnosed with a fracture by a licensed DVM. We also brought the puppy Orthopedic Surgeon and the same diagnosis was made with x-rays providing. The puppy had no congenital problem whatsoever!!! But was found to have a injury. Amanda did not take responsibility and tried to weasel her way out of this every chance she could get.

We did not sell a puppy with a injured leg!! why would we?. We do not ship our puppies. Amanda, her cousin, and her boyfriend, have seen this puppy numerous times before bringing the puppy home. She says she never brought a puppy before and doesn't know how they are supposed to walk. I would like to make it clear, we never accused Amanda of purposely hurting the dog, we understand accidents can happen, but when someone buys a puppy from us and takes it home and an accident happens such as falling down a flight of steps, falling off a bed, jumping out of someone's hands, swallowing a foreign object etc we are in no way responsible.

Amanda brought the puppy back to us. We were all shocked to see the condition she was in when returned. She could not stand on her left back hind leg. She just continued lying saying we sold her the puppy like this and she was not familiar with puppies and thought it was normal because it didn't get enough exercise. She said her family and friends came over and told her and her boyfriend there is something wrong with that dogs leg and then they started to get worried. Amanda demanded that we work something out with her and just give her another puppy

My family discussed it later on that day and decided to offer her a refund. Sometimes in life you need to bite your lip. We would not put another puppy in her hands after she lied and tried to cover herself in every way possible. We did not want to have any other future dealings with these people. We still tried to keep good customer relations although that went out the window.

Its a real shame that she wants to blame us for this issue when her own doctors findings showed the puppy was injured. This puppy had to pay the price for a owner that could not even admit to what happened and tried to weasel their way out of it any chance they could get.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you, Kim Blum

P. S On a positive note the puppy is doing very well!