Building More WealthPayment not received, unethical behavior

T

My complaint involves an investment made on January 31st 2016 for 250 Member/Benefit cards(positions) from Building More Wealth(BMW) priced at $10 each totaling $2500. I did not purchase the Member/Benefit cards from a website, they were purchased via invoice emailed to me. The reason for this complaint is that I did not receive what was described: return on my investment, all of the benefits, nor did I receive all of the cards.

During the first meeting I had with Mr. Darren Calhoun on Sunday January 31st at 3388 Poplar Ave Memphis TN at approximately 11:30 am, I was presented with an opportunity to invest in Building More Wealth(BMW) as a founding member. Mr. Calhoun stated that the idea had been conceived in 2012 and that I was in a very good position at the time because the BMW membership club had just launched Friday January 29th 2016. Mr. Calhoun also explained that BMW members received benefits and income from purchasing membership cards costing $10 each. I was shown charts representing the benefits and how income would be produced and distributed among the members. I asked for a copy of these charts and was told that I would surely receive a copy in a couple of days.

The benefits that were described to be included at the $400 VIP level Building More Wealth(BMW) membership are: Roadside Assistance, Life Lock-Identity theft, Legal Shield, and CPA services. The income stream Mr. Calhoun described was: Step#1 Whenever a member moves(buys or sells) 20 cards(positions) the member gets a check for $100. Step#2 When 20 VIP memberships(positions) are moved, the member gets a check for $400. Step#3 Invest $400 and receive $2000. I was assured by Mr. Calhoun that I would receive my investment back of $2500 for 250 cards in about six weeks time because of the number of church groups and organizations that were to join the BMW membership club in the upcoming weeks. After he made that statement I decided to pay it forward for 250 people(positions). I informed Mr. Calhoun that I would give these membership cards away to my friends and family. He replied that all was needed was their: name, email and phone# to be entered into the BMW database.

After our meeting at approximately 1:00 pm, I accompanied Mr. Calhoun to the Believers in Faith Church located at 2637 David St. Memphis TN where he presented the benefits of the BMW membership card to Pastor E. Benton and his congregation. By this time, I was impressed. Not long after the presentation I was emailed an invoice for $2500 for the 250 membership cards. On February 4th 2016 at the first weekly meeting held on Thursdays at 7:00pm at 5255 Annandale Dr Memphis TN, I was presented with only 50 cards. Mr. Calhoun stated that I would be receiving the rest of the cards(200) in a few days. I was told a week later during the Thursday February 11th 2016 meeting that the printer had been too busy with other clients to complete the order for the cards and to wait a few more days. It wasn’t until the end of the month before I received only 100 cards. I was once again told that more cards had to ordered.

To this date I have only received $138 of my money. I have asked Mr. Calhoun for my money back several times. He has lied about my investment into Building More Wealth repeatedly, saying “ Just hang in there for a little while longer”. The last meeting I attended was on Thursday March 24th 2016. After that, I could not stomach it! I texted Mr Calhoun on Monday April 4th 2016 at 8:18 am asking him to call me. He finally called me Tuesday April 5th 2016 at 8:50 am. We debated back and forth for 57 minutes and 23 seconds for Mr. Calhoun to tell me that if I wanted my money back, I would have to resell the remaining membership cards. Needless to say, I was flabbergasted. I don’t want to be associated with BMW nor do I want any of my friends and family associated with this crook! I have also enclosed the graphical presentation BMW emailed to me on February 3rd.2016.