Budomart AmericaCustomer Service

BUYERS BEWARE. EXCHANGES/RETURNS WILL BE MET WITH ALLEGATIONS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT PURCHASED.

This is by far one of my worst customer service experiences I have ever had. I had received an adidas jiu-jitsu gi for my birthday that was much larger than I could wear. After trying it on I decided this was far too large to wear and decided to exchange it for the next size down. No test drive on the product, simply packed it back up, put it back in its box and checked the company website for its exchange policy. Following their instructions for an exchange I heard no response regarding the item for several weeks. Multiple phone calls and emails provided little information of the status of my exchange. I was advised I would receive a response or a phone call shortly with the status, but never did (multiple emails, multiple phone calls and no resolution).

One month after having returned the product, I called one last time to attempt to get the status before looking to dispute the item through the purchaser. I was asked to hold briefly and was advised I would receive a call back within 10 to 15 minutes (been there before). Before hanging up I advised them I will be looking to dispute the purchase if I am not provided with the detail of my exchange by the end of the day. The end of the day came and went. The purchaser contacted the company to attempt to verify before disputing. She was greeted by a Janet who advised her that the item would not be exchanged because showed signs of being washed. One month later, after multiple calls, they finally came around to getting back to a customer to address a concern. Washed? Really?!? With the tags still on?!? I don’t think so.

I don’t like to think that many companies are out to do this kind of thing and have never had a negative thing to say about any of the other online companies I've had business with. For the amount paid for the item I would expect a call back at the very least (never got one). I am not one to flip out I'll simply just post a complaint and hope someone else doesn’t fall victim to this same scam. Prior to this all I had wrestled whether to purchase another one of their products, however after this grossly mishandled transaction I have decided to simply wait and hope some other company will offer it in the future. Avoid making the same mistake I did in receiving the wrong sized item. It will prove to be a frustrating series of events eventually resulting in a loss of your hard earned money. Had I known this was being bought for me as a present, I would have guided the purchaser to a more trusted website and not this disreputable merchant.