budgetsaversonlineRIP OFF!!!!

R

This FRADULENT company somehow gets your debit or credit card info and bills you $19.95 each month. They claim it's for some service that you neither asked for or know about. I only found out by finding their information in my bank statement...not even all of their info is there so it leaves you to look for them online. When you call, they say they'll cancel it but they don't. HOW CAN THIS BE LEGAL!!!
HOW DO THESE SCAM ARTISTS AND THE [censored]HEADS THEY HAVE WORKING FOR THEM SLEEP AT NIGHT?

• Co
    concerned Nov 04, 2008

In the mail I get this letter saying I'll get discounts on all this stuff and since they received an electronic signature from me now they are authorized to charge me $19.95 a month. What?!!! I called to cancel and they only asked for a last name, no account number, no nothing. How do I know if it's really cancelled until I'm charged ? Other than closing my account what do I do????

• To
    Tom Mar 04, 2009

i probably have the same "subscriber number" as all other people that have been RIPPED OF BY BUDGET SAVERS they send me a sheet of worthless paper every so often and bill me $19.95 TWICE EACH MONTH. IV'E ASKED TO BE CREDITED BACK AND THEY SENT ME MORE SHEETS OF PAPER TO FILL OUT. DAMMIT I'M SICK OF THIS CRAP. WHAT DO I DO??????

• Ro
    Robert Carmicle Mar 07, 2009

I called and was given 2 #'s by this guy named Jim. He sasid I don't do the calling, I just take the complaint calls. He told me the money would be put back on my account, I check yesterday and they took another $19.95. I need the phone # to these ###s so I can contact my attorney immediately! I am 100% disabled and cannot afford this! This is illegal what they are doing and we have to stop them! Does anyone have a phone #? Please someone help me. I live on my disability and this is a lot of money to me. Thank you!
    [email protected]

• Ta
    TACCWatchDog May 17, 2010

I am sorry I have to disagree with all of you. What they are doing is fully legal and you are missing the fact that they are a marketing company and they got your info from a service you paid for online. I paid for a peoplefinders account and a few days after payment budgetsavers called me and told me about this great deal for free gas and coupons. I said okay and took the bait. It is a free 30day trial and even if I cancel the trial I still get to keep the 40$ in free gas. I get a letter in the mail a few weeks later with my membership number and login info. I do indeed get my 40$ in free gas. I have it marked on my calender 3 days before the 30day trial ends so they have no reason to charge me. Again they got my info though peoplefinders. Peoplefinders gave them their "marketing" department all my info and they called me. Yes you need to verify electronically before they can make any charges to your card. They record every phone call in and out of their phone tree. If you are being charged you gave them the okay.

• Na
    nate2002 Oct 24, 2010

I just canceled my membership today and, I was haggled in too this program. I was just like to note that, after I had they signed me up, I stared receiving telemarketers calling my cell phone. in the past 4 years I had never had a telemarketer call me before that day.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices