Menu
Broadway Computers & Video
Broadway Computers & Video Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Broadway Computers & Video
reviews and complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.0 2 Reviews 2 Complaints
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Broadway Computers & Video complaints 2

ComplaintsBoard
9:36 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Broadway Computers & Video Stealing and Unprofessionalism

I went in the shop to buy a digital camera. The sales man, may be his name is Charly (not sure)approached me and asked how he would help me, and when knew my requested he brought me a cannon camera that was for $699. I told him that this is expensive for me but he told me that he will reduce $100 for me. I also asked for a bag that he sold me for $100 and he mentioned that he discounted that for me but I don't remember the amount. After I bought the camera, he asked me if I needed a memory card and I asked how how much was it, he answered that it is more than $100 but he will give me a discount. I said no, because this exceeds my sister's budget and no need for it but he told me that the camera won't work without the memory card. I was surprised that he didn't tell me that before I purchased the camera. I called my sister who told me that go ahead and buy assumin that I am in safe hands and he is a good man who made me so many discounts since I stepped in (I was a fool).
Two days ago I was talking to a friend who was surprised that a digital camera would cost this much, so he googled that for me and found out that the camera's cost in the market is $239 which really pissed me off becaused I felt that I was ripped off in the daylight and paid douple price.
I took the camera the second day and went to the store in good faith. When I talked to the sales person, the first response was him asking me why didn't I consult my friend before I bought the camera. I was shocked and told him that this is not the question I was expecting but I wanted him to ask me as a customer how to be satisfied. Then he said that he cannot do anything about because it is my property now and that they pay a huge amount as rent for the shop and that is why their prices have to be high and that their customers approach them for convenience only.
One comment that amazed me that he told me "Mam, how come you complain about $350 dollars and you are staying in a 5 stars hotel that costs $500 dollars at night". He told me in the mouth that he is sorry that I feel this way but he cannot do any thing about. I was ripped off in the day light by a very rude and unprofessional manner displayed by their staff. I will tell everybody in the world that they are thieves.

Now, I will have to paid the $350 because I cannot dare to tell my sister that I have made her pay double price for a digital camera that costs only $239 without the memory card. Right after I left the shop I was so upset and my heart was beating so bad. I couldn't sleep that night and every time I remember it, I feel so stupid and betrayed.
Iwasstolen123

Read full review of Broadway Computers & Video
Hide full review
ComplaintsBoard
B
3:37 pm EST

Broadway Computers & Video Deceptive sales techniques

This store and the salesman in particular lies and mis-represents the products they sell. The claim that the retail price is 4 times higher than it really is and then gives a small discount, all the while telling you what a great deal they are giving you. Once they have made the sale they do not return calls and if you do get in touch with them they tell you that they sell mostly to people from other countries and other states and that they do not care if we complain. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, IN MY OPINION, THEY ARE CROOKS

Read full review of Broadway Computers & Video and 7 comments

Hide full review
7 comments
I
I
Irvin
, US
Feb 03, 2009 7:49 am EST

We called 12/26/2008 because we received an email asking us to call in after placing an order 12/24/2008. We attempted to order a JVC EVERIO HD6 Video Camera.

I had relatives visiting us here in the United States who were from out of country. Broadway Video advised us when we called that they did not accept overseas credit cards so I called in to use my USA card. As soon as they had my USA credit card information, the bait and switch started. I am quoting the sales rep "Oh, I have the EXACT same camera, you will love it..but you need the 2 hour, 4 hour or 6 hour battery. The battery the camera comes with is only good for 20 minutes". A HUGE RED FLAG appeared in front of my face.

So we decided to get the 2 hour battery for only $69.00 more. Classic bait and switch. So I asked...is there anything else we might need? "Yes, you will also need the special battery charger for the 2 hour battery". You mean I can't charge the 2 hour battery with the camera? No, you cannot. You need the separate charger. Another $69.00, a special price if you take it with this order.

That did it for me. This is bait and switch. We found the lowest price for this camera by using Pricewatch. And the danger in using Pricewatch is that all too often the lowest price is manipulated by the vendors in order to receive the highest ranking in a category.

I terminated the transaction by clearly saying, rather loudly... "CANCEL THE ORDER"..."DID YOU HEAR ME... I SAID CANCEL THIS ORDER". The operator on the other end of the phone (classic New Yawk accent) "I heard ya the first time, cancel the order".

If you buy from this store after reading this review you really do deserve what you get.

R
R
Robertus
, ES
Aug 21, 2011 2:16 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I´m agree- I´m from spain, my english is poor, but the salesman had the valour to lies me with a Camera Olympus, that he sold me for 600$ when the real price is 300$. When i realised about the lie one hour after, the seller said me that business are business... Just one hour later. They are thieves. Don´t buy in this shop. QUE NADIE COMPRE EN ESTE NEGOCIO.

AlexKoe
New York, US
Aug 19, 2011 1:35 pm EDT

i am another who get ripped
i think all of us have to fill complain here

Arja
, SE
Jul 12, 2011 6:44 pm EDT

I agree... they are the worst salesman I´ve ever met. They did ripp off a lot of money from me...

L
L
lateralus
Toronto, CA
Nov 16, 2010 6:08 am EST

Absolutely. They will even breach the line from misrepresenting products to flat out lying about the specs.

faten
, QA
Nov 13, 2010 9:45 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I agree, I believe that the company makes test for their staff to ensure that they are thieves in order to match the company's approach and way of business.
All employees in broadway computers and videos are thieves

M
M
miserable1
Holmes Beach, US
Jul 15, 2010 6:58 pm EDT

Agreed - these guys are [censor]

Overview of Broadway Computers & Video complaint handling

Broadway Computers & Video reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 24, 2009. The latest review Stealing and Unprofessionalism was posted on Nov 13, 2010. The latest complaint Deceptive sales techniques was resolved on Dec 24, 2009. Broadway Computers & Video has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 2 reviews. Broadway Computers & Video has resolved 1 complaints.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service
  1. Broadway Computers & Video contacts

2. Broadway Computers & Video phone numbers
    (212) 307-6260
    (212) 307-6260
    Click up if you have successfully reached Broadway Computers & Video by calling (212) 307-6260 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have successfully reached Broadway Computers & Video by calling (212) 307-6260 phone number Click up if you have UNsuccessfully reached Broadway Computers & Video by calling (212) 307-6260 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have UNsuccessfully reached Broadway Computers & Video by calling (212) 307-6260 phone number
  3. Broadway Computers & Video address
    1623 Broadway, New York, New York, 10019, United States
  4. Broadway Computers & Video social media
Broadway Computers & Video Category
Broadway Computers & Video is related to the Camera and Photo Equipment category.