Britannia/Good Day Choco-Nut CookiesFound a very small piece of glass in the biscuits

P Review updated:

I bought this pack of "GoodDay-Choco-Nut Cookies" on Monday, 30 Jun 2009 from my office cafeteria. Pkd: 04/04/09, Lot No. 12294.
In these biscuits, I found a very small piece of glass which I was about to have. Then I had to thow the packet away. This is unacceptable and highly dangerous for health.
Kindly look into the matter and concentrate on the quality because we as consumers trust Britannia

•   Jun 30, 2009

You should not have thrown the packet away. You should first have contacted the manufacturer, who most likely would ask that you send them the package with any remaining product in it.

They can't have their labs check anything without that. Besides this "piece of glass" being accidentally inserted during the packaging process, it could easily have been inserted through the packing by anyone outside the company who handled the product. Without the package, the company will not be able to follow this up properly.

The only thing they could not is issue a recall on that Lot No., but without some form of proof, they may not do it.

•   Jun 30, 2009

The last line should read:

"The only thing they could do now is issue a recall on that Lot No., but without some form of proof, they may not do it.

• S
      Sep 04, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to point out a serious issue regarding one of your products, when I bought Britannia Good Day Biscuit (Pista-Almond) from a Supermarket in Dubai. I found a small piece of wood in one of the biscuit. I have attached the image of the packet. Please let me know as soon as possible about your proposition to correct this issue before I forward this complaint to Dubai Municipality.

yours Sincerely