Brett Pritchard Attorneyawful and dishonest

Totally incompetent and [ dishonest ] is all I have to say about pritchardlawoffice.com and the owner brett pritchard. I went to another attorney after I was sold out by this law firm and they won, you loser. You can keep my money, but my sole is not for sale.

• Pl
    PlanoJane Aug 13, 2009

Your foot is not for sale? Hmm. Interesting.

(hard to have sympathy for someone who doesnt' know the difference between a 'sole' and a 'soul.')

• Da
    Darin Larsen Aug 18, 2009

Couldn't agree with you assessment of Mr. Brett Pritchard anymore. I had him represent me in my Divorce case and received bad advice from him time and time again only to be raked over the coals during my lengthy Divorce proceeding. This so called "attorney at law" is definately practicing law and will find every oppurtunity to settle for a deal and point your case in that direction.

Potential clients be aware VERY AWARE that once you hire this Attorney you might have well thrown your money down the drain...

A first year law student would treat you with more respect and represent you with more integrity and tact...

• We used his services and all he did for us is run our credit card up. His Office is a the Killeen Mall for Christ sakes. All that was missing is the carnival clown out front.

Seriously, he does not get results and has a fairly poor reputation in many of the Courts in Killeen Texas.

I just wish I would have taken the time to look at all the bad reviews on him before I blew my money.

I am not an Attorney talking bad about Brett Pritchard. I am a genuine client talking about my genuine experience with Brett Pritchard Attorney at Law.

Bottom line is HE SUCKS!

Brett Prithard Mar 04, 2010

Let me set the record straight. I have never represented "Darin Larsen" as posted above. However, I did represent his wife, and did very well for his wife's case. I did not know Mr. Larsen was so upset over the beating the Court gave him. Perhaps, Mr. Larsen, you will think through the consequences of YOUR actions the next time you are married.

Brett H. Pritchard

• Brett Pritchard is like a stripper...He puts on a good show but does not get the actual job done; (you might as well hire a prostitute; otherwise you'll be blue balling with Brett)...

Let him sit you down, and listen to his presentation. He paints a pretty picture for the naive and desperate, all while under the pretense that he will succeed for you with a hefty, hefty fee. Once you can no longer provide his monetary need, you are dropped like a hot potato, and he's on to the next sucker.

Brett is prideful and self-centered with a huge lack of conscience. His eyes are truly focused on himself as he walks through life doing what he does. It is evident in his work, where this fools heart really is. How far will this get him when it is all said and DONE?

Be aware of his intention- it is not for your benefit!
    (never have I been represented by this guy; but I see what he does on a regular basis to those who do not know better, and I see who he really does serve- himself.)

• St
    Stacy Self Sep 10, 2010

Brett Pritchard has been my attorney for over ten years now. Although there are other great attorneys out there, I have Brett's number is saved in my phone, and don't feel I need another one. I first used him when my ex husband and I took a case to him involving a Peterbilt rig. As this was my first experience with him, there were a few times I thought he was not "on top of his game." I was mistaken. Once in the court room he was expedient and effective. That was the only time I personally have had to use Brett however I have had to consult him on various matters regarding one of my sons. In fact, I retained his associate, Michael Rizzo just a few days ago to resolve a matter for me.

As for his fees, I think they are in line with all good attorneys. In fact, more than once, Brett has not charged me a dime for appointments during which he took the time to educate me rather than charge me so that I could successfully handle the matter myself! (A self centered, money hungry individual would not have done that).

I stumbled on this complaint board by accident this morning and could not leave with defending my attorney. I cannot speak for other people's experiences but I can do better than slanderous comment that was posted before mine because I have first hand information AS HIS CLIENT! - Come on Bozo, this is a lawyer you are slandering - you may not realize it but he is having mercy (an act of kindness) on you right now. Or, maybe he could just care less about your opinion - who knows?

GO BRETT!

• Rj
    RJ Wayman Oct 14, 2010

My experience is completely personal and not affected by any of the posts here. I am a Major deployed to Iraq. My sister and her husband live in the Dallas area. They have been trying to adopt through the foster system for a couple of years now. CPS, in its infinite wisdom continues to take kids placed in my sister's home, and return them to the dysfunctional and abusive homes from where they were removed. I contacted a great friend of mine-a respected judge in Bell County. Brett was recommended by my friend. I passed along Brett's information to my sister and brother-in-law, they paid Brett $10K, received nothing in writing detailing the purpose and intent of the retainer nor did they sign anything. Brett drove to Dallas once time, spent five minutes in court (the judge returned the kids), and drove back to Killeen. My sister called his office numerous times, he never returned one singel call. She called his cell phone twice, left voicemails, and sent email and text messages. All went unanswered. His office said his wife just had a baby, they he had the flu. Neither issue should have prevented him from at least returning ONE message. The one time my sister did catch him on the phone, he said he was on his way into court and promised to call her back at 1:00pm. He never called back. It was then that my sister called his office and asked that Brett please call because she wanted to discuss terminating his services. He never called. My sister sent a certified letter to his office, it was received, and still Brett never called her back. Enter Mike. Mike has got to be the most unprofessional, unorganized, apathetic attorney I've met. During my R&R from Iraq, I stopped by the office to meet with Brett personally in an attempt to first, see him face to face, and second to see what we could do, collaboratively to find a happy medium. He wasn't in, so I was passed on to Mike. Mike is not Brett's partner-I doubt Brett would partner with someone of this caliber. Mike is simply an associate. I believe Brett has too many many cases at one time that he cannot provide effective one-on-one communication with everyone. Mike steps in to do the dirty work-which he does quite well, if "dirty work" involves being rude and condesending to people in general. Anyway, my sister's file did not have any copies of the charge sheet that was faxed to her, so coincidentally, the entire retainer has now been used. Needless to say, I have spoken to the III Corps and Fort Hood JAG office, I will file my grievance with the state before I end my R&R, and I will help my sister find a reputable attorney to get her money back. She's not asking for the full amount mind you, only the fair and just amount that was not used. We'll see if Brett's conscience kicks in. God watches us all.

• Fb
    F Berryhill Oct 20, 2010

Here is my advise as the actual client that my sister referred to: I would use extreme caution before utilizing the services of Mr. Pritchard or Mr. Rizzo. Unfortunatley, my husband and I are not having a good experience with this law office. We have tried to reach Mr. Pritchard via phone, email, text message and he refuses to communicate with us. I literally lost count after 10 attempts to contact him between 9/17/10-10/11/10. We paid a $10k retainer on 8/9/10, finally received billing information on 10/4/10 from Patti in his office, which indicated a $5, 400 credit, only to be informed by Mr. Rizzo on 10/12/10 that it was a non-refundable retainer. We were given excuses by his office that Mr. Pritchard had the flu and then his wife had a baby. These may be true, but you do not ignore your clients because of life's events. We filed a grievance with the State Bar due to his professional misconduct. My advise: ask many questions and talk to a few lawyers before you choose.

• Co
    concernedinkillen Nov 15, 2010

I have a friend who is currently being represented by this law firm and I have to agree that the majority of these statements are in line with what I have seen. This man has advised my friend to do what I consider immoral and despicable! He is assertive and aggressive but with few results. He does what is in his best interests, not those of the client. I have recently advised my friend to find an attorney with a conscience. I feel the only people that would use this man are those that are like him. Do your homework before hiring this man.

• Hey Stacy Self- I see Brett work regularly, and I can tell you at first hand that his bark is really big, but delivers no bite. So go be his client and pay him in what ever means that is...(really makes me wonder). In the meantime, I will continue to believe what I have seen to be true with no worry that Brett's wrath will even come close shaking me for speaking up... Oh, and thanks Brett, your mercy really is priceless.

• Bb
    BBB Revoke Brett Pritchard Dec 20, 2010

Brett Pritchard was kicked out of the BBB in Killeen Texas.

• Cr
    CRLu Jun 22, 2017

@BBB Revoke Brett Pritchard He is in the better bb don't know where you are looking. 3 complaints and one positive so if he was so bad there would be many more complaints. The new are people that did not win so obviously they were probably told the chances as he has never been anything upfront. No one wins them all!

mad client 1 Oct 13, 2011

Everyone needs to turn Brett Pritchard to the Texas State Bar, this man does not need to be a lawyer in the State of Texas!! He is a CROOK !

mad client 1 Oct 13, 2011

If everyone that has a complaint about Brett Pritchard and his misreprsentation goes to the State Bar then maybe his justice will be given to him!

• Pr
    PRITCHARD SUXS Nov 13, 2011

I have had the same problem with Brett. He made my case worse than it already was and railroaded me. He quit working for me even when I was still paying him. Sure seems he has had the flu for quite a few years now according to all the other complaints and has been to the dentist countless times in the last 4 months. As far as his wife having a baby, he told me that all his children were adopted. He went on vacation the very next day after I gave him the $2500 retainer fee, which I also had an appointment scheduled for that day. BEWARE OF BRETT PRITCHARD! HE IS A CROOK AND DON'T COME THOUGH ON ANYTHING HE SAYS.

not Bretts Client Dec 05, 2011

Well, I won aganist Brett Pritchard. Good thing my lawyer was awesome...

• Brett Pritchard is dishonest, arrogent, and completely pretentious as an individual. He rapes he clients for money and rarely delivers anything because he is not a good attorney and very disliked among his colleagues. He represents the ### of the earth and lie for them as he were laying in the same ditch they were before they opened up what little resources they had and paid into his pool of funds. I have seen him in action in court. He blows a lot of smoke and at the end of day all that is left is a pile of ashes. He is doing very little good for the community around him, but hey, as long as he gets the money he does not care.

• Ab
    Absoloutely Nothing Jan 08, 2013

I was also "represented" by Brett Prichard. Upon meeting Brett I was very impressed! He's a big talker he knows how to reel you in and make you believe what he is saying. He was very confident and and will tell you he is considered an ### by most. I was ok with that becuase I needed someone like that to go up against my ex .Upon paying my retainer I received nothing in return except for one letter that was sent out. I had a court date and he never showed! I had to call the office to ask where he was I was told he was sick but Mr. Rizzo would be there but he was in court so it would be a while. After at least 3 phone calls of they are coming then they are not coming and waiting for a couple of hours I finally said forget it and had to handle it alone. He never did anything with my child support case. I mean absoloutely nothing! I called his office several times with no return phone call. I was taken advantage of by someone you are supposed to trust and be on your side. I paid at least $3500.00 and he sent one letter out! I am not writing this to bash Mr. Pritchard but to help others so they are not taken advantage of by him. I have never written a complaint before but felt very compelled to write this one. This was my first experience with a lawyer. He gives the occupation a very bad name. I fell for his big talk. Don't do the same!!!

• Am
    Amy Rosenthal Apr 29, 2013

I had Brett represent me as well about 2-3 months ago. Brett, Michael and staff were truly the worse I have experience. All of the negative that everyone has said is correct. Especially about him being "considered an ### by most". He told us the exact same thing. He is a great talker. He never showed up to court 2x and he pushed it back 2x. Each time, we were at court with no representation. I am glad it is over. But not with his office. I had to hire another attorney!!! He never represented us! How do you sue a lawyer to get fees back? I think we all have case to sue. I am going to look into malpractice suit. Contacting the bar. The more official complaints on file the better. Visit this site http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Disputes_With_Your_Lawyer&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=15320

• Bi
    Bill Hendrix May 17, 2014

I as well was left abandoned by Brett. I paid him 5, 000.00 up front and we went to 2-3 trials where nothing was accomplished. I myself came to a agreement with my soon to be ex and informed him of the agreement. Not long afterward I recieved a letter of withdrawl under the pretense that i was unresponsive. I never recieved a letter or a call from him during the period after our last phone conference explaining my ex and my agreement. I have a formal complaint in with the Bar Association and intend to prove this man unfit to practice law as well as my legal fee's returned. I encourage everyone on here to come together and fight this. My email is " [email protected] It's time to stop this man and the way he represents the law.

• Va
    Vanessa Alvarez2007 Apr 18, 2015

I was going through a rough time with my ex-husband and how wife, I was told about Brett Pritchard through one of my work collogues who used to work for CPS, she told me to get Brett Pritchard because he is a really good lawyer and is the type of lawyer that will not take anyone’s crap, he is really good at what he does, and that is why CPS and other Lawyers are scared to have to go against him in court because he does everything he can to really defend his clients, so I took her advice went for a consultation with Brett and he was a tremendous help and answered all my questions and concerns.
    Brett Pritchard has been my attorney since December 2014. I have gone through 2 different lawyers before hiring Brett Pritchard as my Attorney, I wish I would have known about Mr. Pritchard before I have hired and wasted my money on those other lawyers. I first used Brett when my ex-husband refused to return my son during the Christmas Break, knowing good and well that he was not supposed to have him. Brett was quick on trying to get my ex served and getting my court set up, but took longer than we expected because of privacy act. There were a few times I thought he was not doing much to help me, once we were in the court room he was expedient, effective, quick, and stern. Brett did a tremendous job on representing me and was on point; he did such a wonderful job that I won my case and got what I wanted for the best interest of my son. My ex-husband got what he deserved not only from my attorney but also the judge they did not take it to kindly to what he had done and how much pain and suffering he had caused me.
    As this was my first experience with Brett and his team to represent me. I am very pleased that I can still call Brett to consult him on various matters regarding my case and upcoming case. In fact, I have to retain Mr. Pritchard as my attorney again for services that are soon to come my way with my ex-husband and his wife.
    Brett Pritchard’s retainer fees are fair, but what do you expect when you want to hire the best to represent you, to get the best you have to pay for the best, and with that being said I have no concerns that I will lose my next case with Brett representing me.
    Thank you very much Brett for all your help and what is also to come our way!!

• Da
    Dakota Paulson Jan 29, 2016

This will probably be removed and "bought off" the internet but I can keep reposting. please people do your homework... look at the amount of complaints he has with the board association. there are websites dedicated to how horrible he is. once he has your money he disappears. he talks the talk but can not walk the walk. I got anything that I did in my divorce because my ex didn't want it... to brett this is "winning my case.". despicable ethical standards,

Had a horrible experience. hired him in oct 2014 to file for divorce... he never did.

My ex filed on me 3 months later. he is a horrible, lazy, sloppy attorney that lacks integrity. could never get a call back from him actually had to go into the office with no appointment just to get a response and that is $50 for a walk in appt. being I was in afghanistan when I wanted to file and didn't come back til 6 months after absolutely nothing got done til I got home (I guess that saved me more walk in fees and phone call fees).

He never showed in the courtroom for my one and only court appearance and instead sent another lawyer from his firm that smelt like a brewery and was trying to have me give him the case facts while court was in session. the only reason I got what I did in my divorce is because my ex didn't want it.

He did nothing for me and charged and talks like he saved the day. I was then told they would do the divorce decree for all the problems I had... and they did... but charged me for every call or email to check on it (over 3 months ago I was divorced so it added up) as well as any contact made with the opposing counsel. he also called and yelled at me for saying I was upset by his representation and I thought his billing was ridiculous because he said he was covering it (I guess that is crappy lawyer talk for let me get more money out of you while I tell you I am doing something free of charge for you).

Horrible waste of a licence to practice law. do not hire if you want actual representation.

• Co
    Collin Jones Feb 17, 2016

I think the only good comments about mr. pritchard were written by him. they use the same wording context. lol! poor guy got to write good reviews on himself.

John Ignat Dec 27, 2016

Thief and Liar. Plain and simple.

John Ignat Dec 28, 2016

@John Ignat When I confronted him after ten months he did not even know what my case was about. he thought it was for a divorce and it wasn't. when I became firm, he placated me by telling me that he would refund me $490. the next day, his paralegal told me that brett was withdrawing his counsel and would no longer represent me. he stole my $3, 500, refused to refund me, and cut me off from all communications to his firm - even threatening me from coming onto his property. this guy is out for one thing - himself.

Brett Is a Crook Jan 10, 2017

This was one of the worst experience i've ever had for lawyer. after so many months of no contact it was like I had to do all the work myself and contact him to let him know what I think should happen. that happened for almost a year. out of 20-30 times i've called and/or went over to his office to speak to him for a year I only spoke to him 2-3 times and only because I told the front desk i'm not leaving until I speak to him I have an emergency. when I moved I had to fly from virginia to texas at least 2-3 times for a hearing all of which nothing was done. did I mention I was passed off to another counselor without being informed from mr. pritchard my case is being handled by another lawyer. when I spoke to the new counselor he had no idea about my case. I had to brief him what was going on and I got billed for it. next thing I know he's not evening handling my case anymore. i'm getting billed for doing their job. on my last trip to texas the only reason my case was resolved is because I was able to do a plea deal with my ex-husband (he ended up getting what he wanted) because I was tired of all the back and forth. I just wanted it all to end. I normally do not write bad reviews I just want to warn people about this agency. also, beware of appointments because they never keep it and when you call the front desk they don't know what's going on. it's like the front desk and the lawyers are not talking to each other. months after my final hearing i'm still getting billed for random things. i'm thinking to myself wait a minute why am I getting billed for $20 fax $20 email when my case is already over after six months?! do not go here. I had someone else going through a divorce with mr. pritchard and she also stated she had a bad experience it's as though she is representing herself because he doesn't keep appointments and doesn't call back when he said he would. I asked why I haven't heard from him and I got he's at appointment, he's going through medical issues (brain surgery of some sort), and something about his family. when I wrote a review on google he wrote me via email threatening to take everything from me if I dont take that review down. I didn't even recognize him when he wrote that threatening email to me. then when I replied to his email he blocked me and I was notified on mycase that it was closed. I can't even go on mycase to save my transactions with his office of all my frustrations. i'm going to find out if he's a legitimate lawyer some of you say he's a crook well after my experience I wouldn't be surprised. beware of him!!!

I did not win my case I had to settle and give my ex what he wanted bc I wanted it to end. I flew from virginia to texas for court hearings too many times most of which it was all for nothing or I had to give my ex what he wanted so this could end. I had to pay for plane tickets, rental car, and hotel. it was burning a hole in my pocket. I was so stressed out and I had just started to work at my new job. my supervisor is a witness to my frustrations. he couldn't believe what I had to go through.

Brett Is a Crook Jan 10, 2017

After I wrote a review on google about my awful experience he wrote me an email threatening to take me down if I don't remove my post. he did nothing for my case but handed it off to people that knew nothing about my case. after my case was finalized in summer 2016 I was still getting billed fall/winter 2016 as though my case is still opened. beware!!! he charged me 5 grand most of which nothing was done.

• Do
    DoNOThire Nov 10, 2017

Do not hire brett pritchard in coryell county because you are really hiring ryan lawton! I have never seen such a coward in the courtroom. I saw firsthand, byron barnhill, chew him up and spit him out! first off - study your cases before you go to court and if you suck at practicing law then do the community a favor and stop! check your bills from pritchard - they are padded-