Boreham, Chelmsford, Essex McdonaldsMAGGOTS IN FOOD!!!

I went to get a breakfast this morning and it came with a hash brown.

I got half-way through the hash brown until I had a tangy and strange taste in my mouth. When I spat it out to see what it was, it didn't look like it was supposed to be part of the menu.

When I pulled the hash brown apart, there was another section of it. A maggot. It had been fried, but the sections were there, the darker part on the end of it was there...when I turned it over there were legs!!! I'm not talking about a piece of food that you usually find that is more done than the rest of it, this was a maggot! If it wasn't a maggot then McDonalds should win an award for selling the worlds best look-a-like in their food.

I took a long time looking at it and making sure that I wasn't imagining everything I was seeing, and then took it to the counter where I asked for the manager. The woman who took it from me didn't look like she cared less and sort of gave me a glance as if to say I was lying. She looked at it (from a distance!!) and said she would take it to the manager. She disappeared for literally two seconds and came back telling me that the manager had said "It's 100% potato".

Conveniently, they had binned it when I said I wanted to take it with me to get it checked out...

So not only do they serve maggots in their food, but they call their customers liars.

All I can say is that this incident has put me off of McDonalds for a very long time...

• Ao
    Aoife_ Aug 11, 2009

###. You should've kept the damn thing and blackmailed them!