BOMC2Cancelling

J

i asked bomc2 to cancel my acct a couple of months back. recently my card was deactivated AND my checking acct linked to that card was closed. somehow, bomc2 has charged my SAVINGS acct. i submitted a second cancellation request letting them know they need to cancel it because i do not use the service anymore AND that they charged my savings acct. please help if you can by letting the public know that this company is a rip-off.

• Sc
    scarchin Dec 17, 2008

Are you kidding me? This site is this best deal on books anywhere. Your account problems notwithstanding, the site is not scam.

• Ms
    ms.jones Jan 27, 2009

BOMC2 is a ripoff!!! I am fighting with them now because they debited my account twice 3 months in a row. They claimed they didn't but I have the proof. I asked them to close out my account and guess what, I just looked and they have debited my account AGAIN!!!

• Qr
    qrock Feb 06, 2009

just noticed that i have two unauthorized charges on my card from BOMC2!
    I canceled my original account 5 mo ago!
    definitely interested in customers' money more than the customer.

there are better ways to buy books on the cheap without the headache of calling and being placed on hold for 10 min at a time.

i've used ADDALL.com for years - it's like google of online bookstores.

• Dw
    dwarnack Feb 09, 2009

i have used BOMC2 for a long while now and have never had any problems with them. there has never been any problems with the monthly charges being wrong and i have never had any reason to have to call them. i hate to hear of others that have had problems but i am very pleased with them and hope they are around for a very long time.

• Di
    Dionne Feb 18, 2009

BOMC2 is the best book site I've ever used. I've been a member for a very long time and I've never had any problems with them or their services. I"ve gone as far as to change my address a couple of times since I've been a member and the books were rerouted sooner that I had expected. As far as my account, they've never did anything of the sort unless I gave authorization. The book are very reasonable and hard back book like I love. Keep up the good work BOMC2!

• Al
    Alicia May 11, 2009

BOMC2 has been great, I am sorry that a few people have had issues as I have had awonderful experience! Recently released hardback books for $9.95!!! I cannot find a better deal anywhere. I have been a member fo 3+ years and the communication and service have been second to none. I have recommended them to many people and have not heard any negative feedback (this is the first time I've seen or heard anything negative but it's impossible to be 100% perfect).

• Ke
    Kerryg Jul 29, 2009

BOMC2 may have good service but the issue is they are still charging after cancellation. They used to be Zooba. They went out of business, I cancelled at that time and now Zooba seems to have morphed into BOMC2 and they are still charging my card. That is the problem and most of the complaints. Yes, they are great when you are using them but try to leave without issue.

• Ms
    msneecy Jul 30, 2009

Only problem I had with BOMC2 was when they went to charging $9.95 per month whether you had anything in your reading list or not. That was something new & I did not like it. I cancelled and was promptly refunded for the charges. Loved the service but did not need a new book every month.

• Lo
    Lovelady Aug 24, 2009

This is an excellent site for purchasing books if you want to read all the newly released books for 9.95. I have been a member since the beginning of the service when it was Zooba. The problems seem to be with people who do not understand how the club works. You are charged 9.95 a month period whether you order a book or not as long as you are still a member. It is your responsibility to keep books on your book list. Zooba did not go out of business- they changed their name and the service has been uninterupted. If you didn't cancel- you are still a member. Proper notification of you intent to cancel is required. I order 10 books a month and teh fact taht I can't order more is my only complaint.

elorac51 Sep 18, 2009

I too have been with BOMC2 since they were Zooba. One time they sent me a wrong book, and when I notified them, they apologized, told me to keep the book at their expense, and promptly sent the correct one. And yes, if you don't keep books on your reading list, you will still be charged the 9.95. I cancelled for a period of a couple of months ... no additional charges for those months. Have now been back for a couple months, and it was as if there had been no interruption. I love this service!

• Dl
    D. Laster Feb 14, 2010

They suck. They charged by wife's debit card over $300 in one day and she never purchased anything from them.

• Lu
    luciana dupio Feb 18, 2010

They are still taking money out of my debit card and not authorize to do so .

suesie4430 Mar 29, 2010

they hide under different names but finding the web address information I found their contact information

bomc2 contact information

501 FRANKLIN AVE
    GARDEN CITY, NY [protected]
    US

john.[protected]@directbrands.com
    is the email address that owns the website

• Cr
    Crosier111 Apr 21, 2010

I have never heard of this company, and have never joined a book club. I just noticed on my debit card that I have been being charged $9.95 a month for a year and I certainly did not sign up for this. In my book that qualifies as a scam. I am out $100...what the hell is Zooba?

• Jd
    j dyson Jun 02, 2010

Charged my bank card 2 times for the same purchase. Will not refund money. I am going to complain to their states BBB & State Consumer Fraud & complaints.

• Gr
    Granny Carol Jan 22, 2011

I am having the same problem with getting my subscription canceled. Everything was fine with book delivery and billing. I tried calling the provided number to cancel and never received an answer - just rang. I also tried to send an email to customer service. The email came back unanswered. Since then I have tried to get onto the web site, but it is down. Not sure what to do now.

JohnE246 Feb 08, 2011

We never purchased any books, never signed up, never visited their web site, but we have been billed $9.95 a week for months on end. Our credit card company keeps reversing the charges and we have changed card and account numbers, but they keep billing us somehow. Tried the number they provided our cc company with no results. Going to try the NY number listed above.

Can not be a legitimate business if they continue to charge you for a service or product you never asked for. Scam is not the right word, this is fraud!

• Yd
    YD40 Apr 23, 2011

This is a SCAM SCAM SCAM...after I cancelled my account last summer and my card expired. I called my credit card company and found out that BMOC2 change the expiration date to force charges of $9.95 though on my credit card. #1 BOMC2 was wrong for going into my account and committing fraud. #2 - my credit card carrier should never have let the charge go through without the proper information. Bottom line. They are unethical and the credit card company has had so many complaints about this company, they are now launching a full scale investigation and lawsuit against this company. So for all of you guys who "think they are great", I guess we will see in a couple of months if this company is still functioning.

• Da
    dav1256 Jun 18, 2011

did not want need toput the money back 995 and take me off your list david coomer

elesia Sep 15, 2011

im fine with out it

elesia Sep 15, 2011

im fine wiithout it

chinacarter Oct 17, 2011

im fine without it and it is to much money thanks.

• St
    StanDP Jun 06, 2012

OK ALL YOU WHINING RAIVING IDIOTS, HERE IS WHERE TO GO AND THEY WERE VERY UPFRONT AND NICE TO REFUND MY MONEY (OR SO IT WAS SAID VERY NICELY ALL MONIES WOULD BE REFUNDED TO MY BANK ACCOUNT, AS I DID NOT OPEN A SINGLE BOOK, I RETURNED THEM ALL, SO IF YOU HAVE GO HERE AND CALL THE LONG DISTANCE NUMBER I GOT RIGHT THROUGH IMMEDIATELY VERY ICE LADY SEND VERY NICELY WE'LL TAKE CARE OF IT, AND REFUND YOUR 9.95 AND $9.95 AGAIN AND $9.95 FOR INITIAL CHARGES. SO IF THEY DON'T WITHIN 2 WEEKS ... I WILL CALL AGAIN AND BE IRRATE. HERE'S THE SITE FOR YOU DUMBIES THAT WANT TO GET AHOLD OF THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, PFFT GOOD LUCK THERE...
    /+++ +++
    < http://www.bookclubshop.com/admin/contact-us.php >
    +++ +++/

• St
    StanDP Jun 06, 2012

(NOW CLICK ON THE CONTACT US PHP LINK THERE TO BRING UP CONTACYS SIGHT, AND THANK ME FOR FINDING IT!!!)

• Ls
    lskdjf Aug 01, 2012

I have never registered or signed from this website. Actually i didn't know what is BOMC2..

They have charged 4times, and i payed without knowing what COMC2 is..

Be careful this website