Bob Rohrman DealershipsBacked Out of Deal

After several hours negotiating the selling price of a new 2009 Acura TL and trade-in for my used car, Bob Rohrman Acura and I came to an agreement. The sales manager said he needed final approval and left the table with the hand written numbers we had agreed on. When he returned, he gave me two thumbs up and said we have a deal - we shook hands. We went into the parking lot to confirm the car I wanted (black on black) and they pulled it into the garage for detailing. We walked inside to complete the paperwork. 20 minutes into the final papers and the sales manager came back and said there was a misunderstanding and there is no deal. The only excuse he could give me was the selling price I wanted (and we agreed on) was under invoice. That was no surprise since that was part of the negotiation. Needless to say, they escorted me to the door before I lost my temper. While sitting in my old car, I decided to called Bob Rohrman's corporate office to complain. I was given to their comptroller who was very kind and professional. She said my description of what happened was unfortunate and not the way they do business. She promised that she would look into it and if we did not resolve the situation to my satisfaction, that she would give me Bob Rohrman's personal phone number. The comptroller contacted the dealership's general manager who eventually called me back. The manager took the salesman's position and said we never had a deal, yet could not find the paperwork with numbers we agreed on. The comptroller did give me Bob Rohrman's phone number and said if I leave a message, he will call me back. I two messages explaining that I was NOT looking for anything from him, just to inform him of what happened and would appreciate a call back. He NEVER called! I will never buy from a Bob Rohrman dealership again and recommend that no one else buy from him either. I have since contacted Acura directly and filed a complaint with them. I want to inform as many people as I can about what happened since Bob Rohrman did not have the time to call me directly. Good news - I did find the same car at same price at a different dealer and love the car.

• Ro
    Robb S Jul 20, 2015

I purchased a car from Bob Rohrman and put down $2, 000 and then paid in full the amount. I had earlier just bought a car from my friend whom was in the executor of his cousins estate and I filled out a BMV affidavit stating the whole story, and they accepted the deal.
    Then a week later they changed their minds and said I had to go to the BMV with them and I stated the facts before the BMV and they let me go home a second week later they called and said they needed $900 more, I contacted the Indiana secretary of States office dealer division and filled out a complaint form and sent a copy of the contract to the SOS office and the contract states that should the dealer have a difficult time titling the car the maximum penalty/claim is $100 Indiana code 9-17-3-3 so I sent a money order.

I have been to Bob Rohrman Hyundai three times in the day time, and the dealership was empty each time. I guess they need $900 to make payroll.

manofhour Aug 13, 2015

Bob Rohrman Acura is a horrible place to do business. They are not professional and their word means nothing. I would advise to stay clear of them and purchase somewhere else.

I called the sales person 3 times regarding a car in stock. We had an appointment for me and my family to drive over 40 miles to see the vehicle and hopefully purchase it. Prior to making the trip we called the sales person to confirm again they had the vehicle and I was told it was cleaned and waiting for me. Keep in mind we had informed the sales person that we had financing in place and we expected to purchase the vehicle. Once we arrived I was told our sales person was out on a sales drive. Finally after he returned, we were told the car was sold. Let's not forget we had an appointment, we spoke to the salesperson 3 times and we had called 30 minutes prior to arriving. They had me speak to 2 managers Gerry and Chase who were both rude and condescending. When I mentioned that this situation would not have happened if we were at a Lexus dealership, both managers reminded me that this was not Lexus it was Acura. (They were so right). After over an hour of this, they very conveniently pushed another car on us to purchase which was over $4, 000 more. This is a 'bait and switch' tactic which should be illegal. We passed several dealerships on the way to this dealership. I wish we would have stopped at any one of them other than Bob Rohrman. Save yourself the hassle, do not shop at Bob Rohrman. They are of poor character and should be closed down. I plan to contact the Better Business Bureau and the Illinois Attorney General to file a consumer compliant.

• Me
    Melinda Mattes Nov 06, 2015

We have bought numerous new cars from the Lafayette, IN location and have been happy with the sales department, especially Casey and the new front manager. However, we have had nothing but problems with the collision and repair departments. Although Ashley has been friendly and professional, the rest of the people and service have been subpar. For instance, the wrong washer fluid was put in our car and the lines froze. After asking for a full inspection and told everything was good, and upon trying to fold the seat down after I got home, I realized it was broken and they wanted yet more money from me to fix it. I questioned why the breaks squeaked and the steering wheel had a grinding noise and was told there was no problem. I wonder what else I paid for that was not actually inspected. We had body work done in the collision department and after spending over one thousand dollars, one would think that they might have vacuumed and washed the car before returning it. I had even asked that this be taken care of. I have been aggravated each time I have used the repair department and am actually thinking of not buying a Honda for our next car. Our family bought three new Hondas within a six month period but will be switching to another Honda dealer or to another make of car. It would help if the new manager of the repair department actually smiled and greeted customers with a civil attitude. Customer service means so much and is key in keeping customers loyal to the brand and the individual dealership. They repair department and collision department could learn from the sales department.