Blubay DVDstole my money

J Review updated:

I ordered 5 DVDs from blubay dvd for a total of $4.62. Upon reading the confirmation email I noticed that i had been (auto enrolled) in a monthly membership. The email stated that I had ten days to cancel my membership in order to not be charged. So I immediately cancelled it. Well they went ahead and charged me $49.95 anyway a few days later. I disputed the charge with blubay and my bank. After recieving a charge back from my bank blubay again charged my account $49.95!!! And only two weeks later!!! so I cancelled my card. still haven't gotten my money back. Someone please do something about this extremely criminalistic company!!!

• S
      Jun 26, 2009

I too ordered some dvds for only $5.91 and was charged twice $39.95. I have been calling their [protected] since March 2009 trying to recieve my refund. I get the same line each time, wait for our accounting department to call you regarding your refund. I have yet to recieve such calls. I have spoken to live people and have also live chatted online at their website, to no avail. Same story each time, our accounting will call you by Friday. I have been finally given a number to Charles Watts at [protected]. Of course this number is no good. I am again waiting for my calls from Thomas, floor supervisor.

• M
      Jul 08, 2009

we've had it happen to us as well. my husband ordered through them, didn't read the fine print and they keep charging our card, twice now...our bank won't help. you were lucky that yours did. i get the same story every time i call as well. i have filed a criminal complaint with omaha pd of identity theft...i have every email they have sent me including one from sarah who is supposedly the manager that states that they have removed our credit card info from their system...but somehow they still managed to charge it again 4 days later. i have every confirmation email that they've cancelled the subscription and every email promising that they will refund the money. still haven't received anything. by the way, the phone number listed on my bank statement is a 402 area code, but its disconnected. the name associated with it is saneer & samir hussain. i'm trying to get charges filed against them for fraud, identity theft, and anything else i can come up with. they've stolen $100 so far. but we're cancelling the card and getting a new one.

• B
    Omaha
    Nebraska
    Phone: [protected]
    blubaydvd.com

After I purchases from this company I got a receit saying my bill was 9:35, however, I was billed 49.95. They gave no reason as to why the over charge. Upon researching I found that they automatically enter you into a member program when you buy from them. I did not select this and I was it cancelled and my money credited back to my card.

• W
      Jul 26, 2009

these scamers got got me for 49.95 four timed total 200.00 all within 30 day period, twice in one day.hopefully the law catches these people, or maybe some just finds them and take it out of their hide

• L
      Jul 27, 2009
    Blubay DVD - unauthorized charge on debit card
    blubay dvd.com

My son plays video games online. He asked me if he could charge $1.65 for some kind of extension on his game. I looked at his screen to see if this would be a one time charge. I told him to go ahead. Days later, no service. He never did get his extension. A few days later my debit card was charged $49.95 for I don't even know what. Still no product, no service! I had to go to the bank and file a dispute which meant that they would "hot card" my debit card! But guess what! This company charged me another $1.65, and my bank said that merchants can force it through! Now I have to close my bank account and open a new one. I tried to call the company but two of the phone numbers had been disconnected, and the other number was an answering machine which no one returned any of my calls. I can't cancel because I have no way of contacting anyone at this so called company! I'm freaking out ANGRY!!!

•   Aug 19, 2009

This company and all individuals associated with it are pieces of ### and liars I had the same issue and have been charged twice since supposedly my account has been cancelled. I dont know how they get away with this but I sure would love to catch a few of them and take my money back out of thier ###.

• R
      Sep 20, 2009

Same here, ordered about 20 so called free dvd's only pay shipping. Was told the DAY my dvd's had been shipped only to receive a E-mail About 2 weeks later saying due to high demand they were discontinuing sales of dvd's but gave me a so called free trial membership in some B. S. They never sent the dvd's. I didn't know I had been enrolled with the same billing info I had given them for my purchase. So much for free trial. I never followed up thinking it was an offer and already disappointed with blubay I didn't see the need . WRONG! Within 2 weeks I was billed 49.95 for something I never used or wanted. It's a SCAM that uses bait and switch or just bait to get your info to screw you. You need to cancel your card ASAP or they will continue until it's to late.

• W
      Sep 29, 2009

Have been waiting 3 weeks for movies and still don't have them. Will call better buniness bueru next. This is a total scam. Deals that are to good to be true.

• O
      Oct 19, 2009

I too ordered from them not noticing all the alerts posted! They have not billed me yet nor have I received any dvd's. I sent them an email to cancel my order. When I tried to login to the site it stated that my e-mail was invalid, funny thing is they sent me an email. WTF? Thats when I started goggling them only to find that its a scam. So much for me trying to be a good girlfriend & bring some spice into my relationship. Now I feel used & scammed! I have never ordered anything like this and now I am nervous of ever doing it again. Think next time I will just make a road trip out of state, atleast I know I will get the dvds & be billed correctly with no hidden fees!

Gosh I feel so freaking stupid. What makes me more scared as everyone else should be is all the information you entered other then just the card numbers which I am sure will also be sold to scammers.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! I wish I had seen these posts before I ordered.

• V
      Nov 23, 2009
    Blubay DVD - Rip off
    blubaydvd.com

Tried to buy dvds from site. gave billing info and called to confirm shipping. told dvds shipped but later received a e-mail stating that they no longer were going to sell dvds. NEVER received my dvds. later found out I was auto enrolled into some club and billed almost $50 dollars. WHAT?!? I never received product and was screwed by the company. Avoid them. Had to cancel my card to stop them from ripping me off.

• I
      Aug 17, 2011
    Blubay DVD - Ordered DVD’s from the company and were not only overcharged but where charged twice
    Blubay DVD

Ordered DVD’s from the company and were not only overcharged but where charged twice. These items never arrived. Was additionally entered into a subscription. By the time you have realised it you have been charged several times for the items and the subscription. Altho they say it was in the terms and conditions which is right, they broke there contract by not sending the items. This makes the contract void. I have questioned for a refund and postal and delivery documents but this company is now silent. This is a well thought out and organised con.

• R
      Aug 23, 2011
    Blubay DVD - Overcharged
    Blubay DVD

I ordered a DVD from BlubayDVD on 7th August and agreed to pay £16.36. I checked my bank account and I was charged £47.86 on 7th August from them. I was sent a follow up email saying that the DVD I ordered was out of stock and they would aim to deliver it in the next 7 days but could not guarantee it would be sent in the next 28 days. The mentioned nothing of overcharging me. I have contacted their sales and support teams via email and called the number on their website and left a message. However I have never had a response from them.