Complaints & Reviews

Unsolicited adult emails.

When I purchased an on line copy of Blitware Driver Robot I started to receive unsolicited adult emails almost immediately. I complained to Blittware by email and I was told they don't give email details to a third party. I have a secure email that I use for on line purchases only and for no other purpose. That email address had not been used for several months before the purchase of product and has not been used since. This email address was the one that was compromised.

Resolved Undeleter Software

I was taken in to try the free trial version of Biltware Undeleter, since I needed to recover a picture folder that I'd well lost. The darn download program appeared to run real fast to claim it found a so called 39 thousand lost files and folders that could be recovered -- wow -- I asked myself when did I have time to delete or even create some 39K of files, but figured they were right after all they are the software company that iwas being trusted to restore my misfortune. So, I made the wrong choice as the right choice that was the wrong choice -- I clicked okay go ahead and now RESTORE my folder with my image files -- I mean this is the purpose oof the FREE DOWNLOAD - right -- to get back what I'd accidently deleted -- so with the click of a button I gave up total control of my computer and now the software (Blitware company) was allowed to prowl around my computer and take all the time they needed to seek out and destroy my lost computer files by their software being coded more like a virus spreading their fingers taking and overwriting my image files so I could be so-so surprised in the morning (it took the software hours to do the destruction) and I guess could be more like a bad Santa was leaving agift with a price tag attached -- Wow -- wow -- wow -- good-morning and now have to pay 39 bucks+ to get my files restored otherwise these files will continue to be held hostage with a slew of tiny pretty little liferings neatly floating stacked like donuts with orange and white stripes -- my prized pictures are liferings that are now taking me down to the bank -- all I know is I am now drowning in my tears -here - my lack of choices I either keep the liferings or I have to pay up to get my pictures. Thieves. I am held hostage by this not so reputable company blowing their own rescue horn. I think it would be better if Blit(z)ware would annonce their plan and ill-will intentions to actually steal a persons files and put their silly little lifering locks all over them prior to offering restoration for FREE. This is not a free download. I need to purchase their silly little license Key of twenty numbers separated with dashes between each four numbers or suffer a total unrecoverable painful loss like never before in all my years of working on a computer -- yes I failed to make a recent backup and that won't happen again -- but 39thousand lost files -- humm -- and why doesn't Blitware software packages come as hardcopy -- I would appreciate a hard copy for my hard earned cash money that they are squeezing out of me. I am still drowing here. Anyway, stay clear of Blit(z)ware -- or you may end up like me suffering from a blit(z)screen-underhanded-crook-stealing-hard-earned-money-out-of-your-back- pocket-while-u-r-fast-asleep-dreaming-of golden sunsets and families faces again- liferings -- I hope you know I am throwing you a lifering here -- beware...undercurrents and undertows present with this company Blitware... oh don't they mean built somewhere? Canada -- I don't think so...

• Pe
    Peter Lamb Oct 12, 2011

Yup, same thing happened to me. Downloaded a 'FREE' file recovery program from Blitzware, called undeleter. Scanned my hard drive for any deleted files, and lo and behold, thousands of them!!! Fortunately for me the files I wanted to recover were there, fully recoverable. So, as instructed by the software, I moved the selected files to the 'recover' window and clicked on the recover button. Well foolish me. I don't know what I was thinking. I somewhat stupidly thought that by downloading a 'FREE' file recovery application, that my files would be recovered for free, but nope the software download is free, you just have to pay to use it!!! So I respectfully declined to pay for a licence key, as I felt somewhat cheated by the promise of a free download, only to be informed that I would heve to pay anyway. I then aquired 'Piriform Recover' which is another free recovery program. I ran this, and to my dismay discovered that my lost files were now nowhere to be found. I later discovered that Blitzware had in fact hijacked the files I wanted to recover and was holding them as hostage for ransom with a small orange and white striped donut. If I pay, I can have them back. Well sorry Blitzware, that is criminal, but you are dealing with the Danny Devito in Ruthless People equvelant in the computer world, and my response to you is 'Go take a hike you thieving bar-stuards'. I shall search the internet for a free licence key to your software, and then use it for free, why not? after all you a have stolen from me, so an eye for an eye and all that.

messes up my computer, and I did'nt know I already had one, a different one

I have been trying to contact these people in everyway possible, I get the run around. I can not even get a phone number to call. This has been messing with my computer badly. I am 75 yrs old and in very ill health, this has given me more problems causing my heart to race, because of the pressure of not being able to contact them . As soon as I say "cancel: I get another run around. I wear a defib in my chest, and the pressure is just to much. I am not happy the way they do bussiness at all. I would like a refund from them. Why do they adverise, you can cancel within 60 days, then leave you with no where to cancel. They just send you a anpther chase, with no results. I started to ask for a cancelation the very next day, in fact, only hours after i got it. That is when I was told I already had protection on my computer. Can you help me? Helen Killacky...[protected]@yahoo.com..Thank you

PC medkit disabled my computer

I purchased pc medkit from blitware technology for three computers in march 2010. At first it seemed to be ok. However three days ago i ran their scan on two of my computers. The scan result came back on both computers with 5000+ errors, 60 uncorrected. I was then unable to access the internet, open programs, or log off normally on both computers. After shutting down both computers, i was unable to reboot. Pc medkit shut down the operative mechanisms of both computers. E-mails to blitwares "support" department go unanwsered.

I am now looking at several hundred dollars to repair both computers. Danger !! Do not download blitware products, and if you have done so, uninstall them asap !!

Malcolm

• Si
    [email protected] Apr 21, 2010

Hello Malcolm,

My name is Simon and I am the Online Community Liaison for Blitware, the developers of PC Medkit. I was very concerned to see your post and wanted to offer my help. I am not sure why you've been unable to contact our Support department but I would like to facilitate your communication with them so that we can resolve the issues with your computers. If you would like to email me directly, I will get you in touch with our Support team immediately. I am terribly sorry that you have had a negative experience with one of our products. We would really like the opportunity to change that and I welcome your communication so that we can make that happen.

Sincerely,
    Simon

CHESIEMPRE Apr 23, 2010

BLITWARE CONTACTED ME THROUGH THE COMPLAINT I POSTED ON THIS SITE. THEIR ONLINE COMMUNITY LIASON, SIMON, CONTACTED BLITWARE'S OPERATION MANAGER ABOUT THIS ISSUE. THEY BOTH HAD THE INTEGRITY TO ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR THEIR SOFTWARE CAUSING MY COMPUTER FAILURE. NOT ONLY DID THEY APOLOGIZE MOST PROFUSELY, BUT AGREED TO PAY IN FULL FOR THE REPAIR OF BOTH MY LAPTOPS. IT IS UNCOMMON IN TODAYS BUSINESS ETHICS TO FIND A COMPANY WITH THIS LEVEL OF CONSUMER SERVICE. THEY DID ALL THEY COULD TO RESOLVE MY COMPLAINT. MY HAT IS OFF TO BLITWARE TECHNOLOGY FOR THEIR INTEGRITY IN "TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS" WHEN THE WORST HAPPENS. AS WE ALL KNOW, S*%T HAPPENS, NOTHINGS PERFECT, BUT SIMON AND HIS SUPERIORS STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE, AND DONE RIGHT BY ME. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO RECOMEND THEIR PRODUCTS AND SERVICE.

SATISFIED, MALCOLM JOHNSTON

• Pa
    Pat Cassedy Oct 26, 2011

How did you get my order and reorder and visa information. Is this a scam? I want my data and my computer back. I am already running Norton. This is a shock.

Pat H. Cassedy Monkton Md. 21111
    [email protected]

• Ia
    iamkido Nov 16, 2015

On October 25, 2015 I paid 29.95 for the software. Today I needed a driver for my printer and cannot use the software because I have no license # or registration #. I am unable to find contact information so I am going to request a refund through Pay Pal and the Credit Card company. There certainly are a lot of complaints about them.

Resolved Driver Fetch

I bought Driver Fetch and it does not work on a Toshiba Satellite A30-514 using windows XP, after many tries. It is conceivable that it might work if I tampered with the router but I very much doubt it. I would advise anyone thinking of using this software to save time and money by giving it a wide berth.

• Hw
    HW TEHIRA Jul 22, 2009

Paid for ROBOT DRIVERS Software .Could not down load. Asked for refund after 5 days

• Si
    [email protected] Apr 16, 2010

Hi Frankoperco,

I'm Simon from Blitware, the makers of Driver Fetch, and I just saw your post here and wondered if I might be able to help. I'm not sure what kind of difficulties you are running into with the software but if you'd like to contact our support department at : http://support.blitware.com/ or email me directly, we would be really happy to help you.

All the Best,
    Simon

• Ca
    cawilson Dec 23, 2010

I am in total agreement with this customer. I went on HP"s site for support with a six month old computer and Driver Fetch pops up with a .program to scan my system. According to the scan, six drivers are outdated so I elected to down load them. To My surprise I am being asked to pay a fee for this update. I cancelled the download, but this site constantly pops ups when i am on line . I have windows 7 on my system and it states that my system is up to date. I sent comments to HP unaware that this was not one of their products, being my computer was under factory warranty. I decided to Google this site before contacting HP's supp0rt for help again. Glad I did, am very surprised at posted comments about this company.Will delete this program immediately. cawilson

• Pa
    Patricia Vaughn-Clark Nov 18, 2012

I down loaded a driver on to my pc and now it is real not working .please refund my money .and get your drivers [email protected]

Resolved Harmful Program to PC

This company sells programs that are out of date or not compatible with your PC and does major damage. Stay away from this company. I want a refund and if i could charge them for the bill i paid to have PC fixed.

Resolved File fixer

I too was scammed by Blitware. I was directed to their website by Google.
I downloaded their filefixer software so I could open a .mso file. The download solution was 150Mb. which takes dialup 43 hours to complete. There is no way to maintain a connection for that long. Futiley I sent several e-mails to Blitware support, only to recieve an auto-generated reply thanking me and that I would recieve a response within 24 hours. Here I am 4 days later realising my $43.00 will never be refunded. Being that Bliware is in Canada I doubt my credit card company will have any luck getting my money refunded. L8R JML

• Gr
    Graham Worsley Apr 25, 2011

Downloaded Blitware Undeleter, locked all the deleted files so I can not un-delete them without paying them, these guy's are crooks. Wish I had the ability to put them out of business or screw them like they did me.

Resolved useless

I had logged onto the HP (Hewlitt Packard) website to find software for one of their printers and Driver...

Resolved Product Incomplete and unable to get onto support site

I purchased The Driver Fetch program from Blitware to download and install missing drivers to my computer. Some were successfully installed but some were acknowledged as installed yet weren't. I emailed Blitware support and got one message from Pierce. Yet when I tried to send another message to the website they quoted, I cannot get any further than logging on. I thought if I reset my password I may have success in contacting them but they emailed me a temporary password and site to create a new password but it keeps taking me only to the log in page. No matter what I do I cannot contact them anymore. I am worried if I am not able to reset my password I will never be able to contact them.
I am a single person on a very low wage so I cannot afford to be ripped off. Please if someone can help me I would appreciate it.

Resolved Product does not open

I was trying to resolve an issue with a driver after updating my computer to Windows 7 and this website kept popping up. It was supposed to be the way to fix the driver problem. I clicked on the icon to purchase and it was supposed to be for $29.95 - I chose Paypal for payment and it went to a payment of $39.95. I tried to get out and ended up in a circle and right back to the payment page this time showing $29.95. I did not realize it had already charged me the first amount and then found that I ended up paying $70 for a useless program. It would not open - no matter what I did. I have had to scan my compter for problems twice and found Trojan spyware which has been removed and I uninstalled the Driver robot - but I am out $70.00 which I would really like to have back. This appears to be a big scam.

• Bo
    Bobb09 Nov 06, 2009

Luckily I did not pay. On running the "free" scan, Kaspersky twice alerted for Trojan Malware. Of course, I immediately uninstalled Driver Robot and scanned my system.

• Gu
    Guenter Nov 24, 2009

After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 I found some software not working properly, so I was looking for driver updates. Was linked to Blitware driver robot, installed (and payed!) but got Vista drivers and by trying to install the first one my system crashed. Contacted Blitware support and they offered to refund the payment, but despite several notes from me to Bliware there is no response at all. And they offer a 60 day refund policy????

• Gu
    Guenter Nov 25, 2009

After contacting Blitware again by making contact using their support server the responded and agreed to the refund. Fixed for me.

• Sh
    Sharkattak Apr 12, 2010

Email Blitware for refund. I asked Clickbank which is who processes their purchases and asked for refund and they agreed, no questions asked. Blitware later sent an email agreeing to refund. This company should be renamed to BLIGHTWARE. Nasty malware that destroys your programs.

Resolved Software is Useless

The Driver Robot software does not work and the company tricks consumers in to believing that it is freeware...

15 comments West Stockbridge Software & Games