BillingWare.netobtaining money without permission

L

I WAS ON MY COMPUTER USING THE INTERNET AND AN ADVERTISEMENT CAME UP FOR ANTIVIRUS 2009 SOFTWARE FROM THIS COMPANY WWW.BILLINGWARE.NET. I WAS UNABLE TO PROCEED WITH WHAT I WANTED TO DO UNLESS I DOWNLOADED THIS SOFTWARE, AT A PRICE OF £49.95. I THEREFORE DOWNLOADED THIS SOFTWARE. WHEN I RECEIVE THE EMAIL CONFIRMING MY DOWNLOAD AND MY PURCHASE, I FIND OUT THEY HAVE TAKEN MONEY FROM ME FOR OTHER SOFTWARE, WHICH I DID NOT ASK FOR.
I HAVE BEEN CONTACTING THIS COMPANY SINCE JULY 12TH 2008 WHICH WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE DOWNLOAD. AT PRESENT DATE, THEY HAVE STILL NOT REFUNDED ME THE MONEY AFTER NUMEROUS EMAILS
IS THIS SOMETHING YOU CAN HELP ME WITH
THE ONLY CONTACT I HAVE IS WWW.BILLINGWARE.NET AND [protected]@BILLINGWARE.NET

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO

• Mi
    michael Nov 08, 2008

get your ### out of my ###ing computer

• Pa
    Pam Oct 24, 2008

It happened to me, I am still asking them to refund me the money for I haven, t downloaded anything, they are sending emails that it will be credited to my acct in 3-4 weeks but more than 4 weeks had passed and i haven't credited yet. Then I emailed them again and have denying that they have charge me from that antivirus 2009. This is a scam and need to be stopped. We need help.

• Ke
    kenneth hunt Sep 15, 2008

i have been waiting since 8/12 for a refund (which I guess I can forget!!) It was for Antivirus XP which ate my screen saver and completely destroyed my laptop. When they were done they had charged me over $109.00. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ADDRESS FOR THIS COMPANY. The phone number I have is [protected] (in the US)

• Dr
    drugeon Sep 12, 2008

Pas d'antivirus installé, son passage éphémère (24h/48h) a encore plus brouillé la fiabilité de mon PC.
    La note (prélevée sur mon compte) 175€ en 5 fois le même jour !
    Après contact, impossibilité d'avoir des explications en français, je ne dispose que quelques rudiments en anglais.
    Ca ressemble à de l'arnaque, ça sent l'arnaque et c'est vraiment de l'arnaque.
    Site à éviter impérativement !

• Wi
    William Bruce Sep 09, 2008

It happened to me and I just got a email saying they were going to bill me monthly. I don't even know what its about. This ust be stopped.

• Sh
    Sheila Gale Aug 29, 2008

They are complete rip-off artist. I have the same problem and it just ties your computer up and you can't get anything done. I did not want the extra's that they force down your throat either. I am writing the Better Business Bureau about them and would suggest everyone that has encountered them do the same. Enough complaints and they will have to shut down.

• Et
    ETHELENE WILLIAMS Aug 28, 2008

I too was ripped off. I called their telephone # and all I got was a run-around. I had called my bank and the person I talked to told me to be firm. well, I did and demanded a refund on my account because I paid with my debit card. Let me back up to say that the man I told my story to said he would he get an authorization to get my money back to me. But, guess what, it never happened. I hope this is an official complaint site.

• Fe
    Fergus Aug 27, 2008

The real problems are:-

Can they be stopped - as they are USA based, there's nothing I can do
    How to get rid of their constant & continuing "Pop-ups"

• Su
    Sue Bowling Aug 26, 2008

Like other complaints to your website, I am having trouble with Billingware.net who I thought were only providing me with an antivirus at a cost of £49.95 but I find I have been given various other items as well ((ErrorDigger, Alphawipe and recurrent monthly charges which I had no idea about). Like others, I was unable to continue using my computer after a message came on my screen advising I had x number of infections and that I had to buy what I thought was just an anti-virus at £49 GBP. When I got my credit card I saw that I had been charged over £100 GBP for products I was not aware I had purchased. When I e-mail them to request a refund and to stop taking monthly payments, all I seem to get are e-mails advising me how to use these items, WHICH I DO NOT WANT. Can you help please.

• Bo
    BOCQUEL YANNICK Aug 22, 2008

Le 12/08/2008 nous avons acheté via internet votre antivirus à 49.95 €. le problème c'est que nous n'avons aucune trace de l'antivirus sur notre micro et de plus vous nous avez débité les 49.95€ + le même jour vous nous avez débité la somme de 29.95€. J'espère que ce n'est qu'une malheureuse erreur de votre part et que vous allez y remerdier très rapidement dans l'attente d'une réponse rapide,
    Cordialement,
    Monsieur Yannick BOCQUEL.

• Ol
    olutoyin Aug 20, 2008

i, m experiencing the same problem with this company!!! they constantly bombard my computer with pop up and will not leave me alone. i have already purchased there 2008 anti-virus and they still asking me to purchase a new one and by the way i was billed for what i did not athuorise

• Th
    THELMA SMITH Aug 20, 2008

the same thing happened to me, i managed to get they`re phone number from my credit card company
    and i cancelled my purchase,

here is the number [protected]

• Ne
    Neal K Aug 18, 2008

Don't buy anything that say like visa anti virus 2008 or something like that. All good antivirus have an actual name its too bad all of you have been fooled
    my anti-virus is NOD32 i paid $30 for it, that's it

• Pl
    PL Aug 18, 2008

Spoke to my credit card company, they will cancel card and send new one in its place. Also fowarded this
    complaint page to their fraud section for investigation. I think all of the rest of you should do the same thing if you have not already done so.

• De
    Debera Aug 18, 2008

I to have been taken and my money has been taken. I am not at all happy about the situation at all. I tried this one and another one where you can buy noton online also. That one to didnt work. So this has made me spend 50.00 for this one and 55.00 for the norton one that is 105.00 that i have worked very hard for these people to beable to take peoples money like this is bull hunk. I really need my money back and want to know how to do so.

• Ar
    Arthur Kalombo Aug 17, 2008

Dear Sirs,

Please, give me a break with your pop-ups. I really hate them. Remove my email address from your list or I'll ask my law firm to make a complaint.

Sincerely,

A.Kalombo

john gore Aug 17, 2008

I was ripped off, they just add other items onto your bill
    and say "purchased in a bundle".
    I really don"t know what to expect next.
    Have cancelled my card, and changed account No.
    They took 49.98..29.95..and 24.95.

• Ro
    rojas Aug 14, 2008

I just got an email from billingware to tell me that if I don't contact them in the new three days.. they will charge me $11 . I suspected that this is to make me go to their site, and confirm that it is a real address. Can we sue this people?

• Da
    Danny Aug 13, 2008

Happened to me! Call your credit card provided and report your card lost. They issue you a new card and number and they will not be able to automatically take additional funds monthly (which they have tried). Sorry to say, I don't think were getting anything back, learn the lesson and tell everyone.

• Kw
    k w cheng Aug 13, 2008

I'm from HK. Exactly what had happened to me. The money was taken from my visa account before I cancelled the visa the next day. 'Antivirus 2009' which is already a virus & prompted me of 40 virus. Till then, I still have the 'Antivirus 2009' virus log in my computer and cannot get rid off. Please desminate to your friends & if possible, let them pay back to our loss.

• Er
    Eric Knell Aug 11, 2008

They did the same thing to me. I got charged $109.75 but I just received an email saying that they are going to charge me now for service fees. This company has to be stopped.

• Be
    Betty Peretz Aug 11, 2008

Help me please!

Mary Jones Aug 09, 2008

I didn't order the program for antivirus because the add for soft ware was deceptive.When you sign for 49.oodollars they have some other soft ware there that you have buy. They keep putting this add on my computer for me to buy all three.I don't have that kind of money. I can't just get the antivirus they are rip offs. I wish they would me alone. I am 72 years old and not stupid.

• Ju
    Judy Nardecchia Aug 08, 2008

I had the same problem, and don't try to contact them the scam you by phone and email, what a rip, and the use the msn wording

• Ri
    rita Aug 08, 2008

The same thing happened to me. They created the problem and out of disparation I purchased the Antivirus 2009 for the "one time charge" of $49.95. I was immediately charged 3 fees for a total of $109.75. I have been told that I will receive a refund within 3 weeks ([protected]) which don't expect. I have also had the card replaced since that time, though my bank says that I could still get a refund on that card#.

mary mcclain Aug 07, 2008

i brought antivirus 2008, and now i have viruses, they chared me 108.oo

Josephine F Aug 07, 2008

Help us please

Josephine F Aug 07, 2008

The same thing happened to me but the amount at the end varied a little. Now I am receiving further charges and I cannot find how to cancel and get rid of them.
    I am unable to afford the charges and need to know how to get rid of the software and charges.

Marc van Zutphen Aug 07, 2008

By mistake is the antivirus 2009 entered on my computer when I was on the internet. Before I had no problems with any virussen on my computer because I have McAfee. By accident is apparently Antivirus installed on my computer. It ‘s very suspicious. But I couldn’t uninstall this program (inspite of trying it). Every moment it gave warnings of so called “ infections” and that I didn’t had an authorized program of Antivirus 2009 on my computer. But I didn’t ask for it. At last my computer gave constantly a blue screen with warnings that I had to get authorization in order to continue with my computer properly. Out of frustration I accepted the authorization just to pay only the anti virus 2009 software for € 49, 95. Because I had to go on with my work. But I didn’t know that I had also to pay for the Alpha Wipe Tracks cleaner and the premium support (€ 29, 95 and €24, 95). I did not ask for this. But now I have paid and it was not possible to correct this order.

I am very disappointed in the way Bilingware.net has acted. I wanted a refund of my order. Because I’m not satisfied. Unfortunately they don't answers my complaint. And by telephone you can't reach them.

• Br
    Brendan Mulheron Aug 06, 2008

They did exactly the same to me, my computer went into meltdown and I had numerous pop ups from this company pop up. I proceeded to buy what I thought was AUD$59.95 worth of antivirus software, and i have now been charged $140 and did even receive anything.

No response to my email has been made to date.