BigGirlBras.comBad experience

T

When you are looking for large-sized bras on the internet one company keeps turning up, BiggerBras.com or BigGirlBras.com. They seem to have a great selection and very low prices. They had some brands and styles that I was having a hard time finding elsewhere. One thing that really bothered me; they did not offer refunds for returned merchandise, only store credit. You had to agree to this to do business with them.

I ordered quite a few bras in early 2009. I noticed that their postage charges were higher than usual. Most of the bras I wanted were on back-order, but I got one or two. The packaging the bra came in was very shop-worn but the bra itself was o.k.

Unlike most companies, BiggerBras.com charges your card at the time of the order for back-ordered items. Hmmmm.

For four months, the bulk of my order continued to be out of stock. I was told a number of times it was going to be in shortly, but it never was. After four months, I was sent an email telling me the order was cancelled, with no mention of a refund. I had to call to ask for one. They tell me that this is their policy. They did give me a refund when I asked. Whew! When I asked why they didn't get the merchandise, they said that two established manufacturers were out of stock or wouldn't ship the merchandise for four months. Hmmmm.

Around this time I found thirty complaints against BiggerBras.com at the Better Business Bureau's website.

On the postive side, the people I spoke to there were always intelligent and polite. When they didn't pick up the phone immediately, they called me back in a timely manner.

I've thought about it a lot and I still don't know, is this a real company?

If I had it to do over again, I would not waste four months waiting for BiggerBras.com to fulfill this order.

Eventually I found two companies that had the bras I wanted, OrchardCorset.com and LaurenSilva.com. Both of these companies shipped the needed merchandise within days of my placing my order. Neither one has pulled anything funny. They both will use the shipper and shipping method I prefer, which is NOT UPS.

In my search I also found some companies that seemed less than optimal. These are lingere companies that sell large-size bras, but which have overly restrictive return policies or use shipping methods and companies I do not like or which they will not specify. Some of these companies also seem to be kind of shady, or do not return communications. I never actually completed a transaction with these companies, so I'm not going to name them, but just watch out. I'd give OrchardCorset and LaurenSilva a try.

From past experience, another problematic company that sells large-size bras is WomanWithin. They also own a lot of other companies too, like OneStopPlus, etc. Their parent company is Red Cats. These companies bomb you with catalogs. They charged me a lot of money for 2nd Day Air UPS but sent the stuff USPS Parcel Post, which took up to eight weeks. Then they got out of refunding the difference in postage by a series of Machiavellian maneuvers. I'd try to avoid WomanWithin and her sister companies. It's worth checking into whether a company selling large-sized bras is one of them. It often is.

Happy shopping, and good luck. May my experience save you from wasting your time when you are trying to get these much needed items.

• Dd
    ddc115 Oct 23, 2009

First, I'd like to apologize that you didn't have the best experience with our company. We make every effort to get customer orders processed as quickly as possible, and you can reach our customer service at [protected], monday through friday 8am to 4:30pm Eastern Time. Our physical street address is listed on the website.

I'd like to address a few of the issues mentioned above.

At the time an order is placed, we do AUTHORIZE a person's card for the full amount of the order, but we only put the CHARGE through when items are actually shipping. If this was not the case the for you, I'm at a loss because our programming is designed to do just this so that no one gets charged for backorder, until we receive the item from the manufacturer and are shipping to the customer. Once again, I apologize if this actually occurred or if you used a debit card and your bank held out the funds, we have seen that happen.

Our shipping rates are available up front as is our return policy. The reason for the agreement of the return policy is based on our dealings with the credit card companies. We have shipped well over 100, 000 orders and the complaint rate is 0.03% - meaining 3 complaints out of 10, 000 orders.

About complaints with the Better Business Bureau, yes we have some, we've been in business for 11 years, and most of those complaints were resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

As for items not in stock, we have tools on our website, which is BiggerBras.com, that allow you to select your size and see everything that is in-stock at the time in that size. We have a sizeable inventory (over 40, 000 to 50, 000 items at any one time), but it is impossible for us to hold absolutely everything that is available on the website.

We wish you the best of luck in finding the items you need and hope that you'll try us again.

• Ms
    msmtax Jun 06, 2012

Apparently the company has not gotten any better. I placed an order on 2/23/2012 for 2 bras to be shipped to my sister-in-law. Before placing the order I checked the return policy posted online at their website. I felt comfortable that if the bras had to be returned, I would receive a refund to my original form of payment. It is now June 6, 2012. The company issued me store credit when the bras were returned. I first emailed, requesting a refund to my credit card and received NO response. I have now been calling daily and always have to leave a message. NO one has bothered returning my phone calls. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS with www.biggirlbras.com again!!!