big bend airedales/airedales pupsadvertised as a airedales breeder but not a breeder or a kennel owner

went to purchase a pup and found this not to be a working gundog kennel, although it is advertized as such. purchases for pups are rerouted through another kennel upon request for a pup, so you really have no idea what you are getting. this woman is woman is obviously not a breeder and to find out she is advertizing years in advance for her dogs that not of breeding age and may not even produce viable gundog offspring as she does not own a gun dog at this time, nor has ever hunted. this I found out after inquiring about a purchase.

Diane Johnson Apr 08, 2009

Strongly Disagree, apparently you cannot READ!

devilsadvocate4education Apr 17, 2009

Would you happen to breed yourself considering you filed two airdale reports in one day? In order to convince someone of something you must first sound like you know what you're talking about :-). *just my opinions*

• Ji
    Jim Baneberry Apr 25, 2009

I purchased a dog from a very large kennel out in the southwest. I really like my dog, so I've kept in touch with the breader. I just found out that my pups mother had to be put down due to the actions of the owner of Big Bend Airedales. My breader said that the owner of Big Bend, Diane Johnson, was told not open up pen gates, but did it anyway. This has angered me. I am not a breader, I love my dog, I just find it stupid that somebody would open gates in a kennel when told not to. I guess you can't fix stupid. It's ok if you disagree with me, *just my opinion*

devilsadvocate4education May 07, 2009

No, if everything happened like that and death or injury was a direct result and it wasn't an accident it was stupid. My dog's littermate was murdered in an episode of similar stupidity. The post(s) just sound more like and have the indications of someone out to cause trouble :-). *just my opinions*

• Bi
    Bill Shotz May 13, 2009

this is very odd to come across. I am looking for an Airedale and I see the owner with a agressive tone, when all people are entitled to thier opinion. Then I see a perfectly acceptable comment from another Airedale owner. On top of that there is another person who is attacking the people, other than the owner of the kennel for stating what they have encountered with Big Bend. I wouldn't buy from Big Bend based on what is stated on this board.

Joshua Saber May 19, 2009

I've been considering buying an Airedales pup and came across Big Bend. Although they are not producing pups at the moment, I couldn't find myself buying from them even if they were producing. It is totally insane that a reputable dog person would come into another kennel and cause such havoc. How in the world can I trust this establishment to stand behind the dogs they put out in the future if they cannot admit to wrong doing at another's establishment? I also find the statement the refers to the opening of pens at the Southwest kennel totally disrepectful and demonstrating a full lack of responcibility.

• Re
    Renee King May 22, 2009

I am the happy owner of a beautiful, healthy and well tempered Airedale, NOT purchased from this breeder but from Southern Roc Airedales. I drove from LA to New Mexico to look at this breeder, stayed the night at her home and critically inspected the kennels and dog's conditions. I am a huge animal advocate, and was pleased with the conditions at this breeders. I have kept in touch with my breeder for 2 1/2 years, and was very upset to hear that my dogs mother died due to a negligent action on the part of Diane Johnson of Big Bend Airedales. If this is an example of Diane's judgement, then she should not be allowed to be resposible for any dogs, much less a breed as large and spirited as an Airedale. I do not support irresponsible breeding and suggest anyone looking to purchase any dog, to do their homework, avoid backyard breeders and puppy mills.

devilsadvocate4education Jun 15, 2009

It wasn't my intention to attack anyone. I questioned the original post ONLY based on everything involved and that posts like that are common from other breeder's in an attempt to cause problems, there are two sides to every story, and I don't take everything I hear at face value but prefer to find out the truth. The poster has not come back to clarify their remarks or whether or not they breed and the other's come from personal knowledge of the kennel which I agreed with. I had no idea that there was post from the kennel in question and that does say alot and often more than the complaint itself. There were no other posts when I made my original comment other than the one which is apparently by the breeder. Most of the information contained in the original report is stated openly online elsewhere (a gundog site I believe) and the rest came out later.

• Ri
    Righter's Airedales Jul 27, 2009

I think it was both of their faults because one, Diane opened the gate when she was told not to and more so as owner of the kennel Southern should have took better care of the situation. If Southern had just took her to the vet then Dixie AND her pups might still be here today. Diane offered several times to pay for the vet bill but Southern refused... I know because I was on the phone with Southern when it happen, also, I had several conversations about Dixie and her injuries with Southern.

• So
    Southern Jul 28, 2009

My name is Southern Sollars. I own Southern ROC Airedales. The Righters have the inane idea that I wrote a complaint about them. This is crap. I am the type of person who uses their own name. I will not lie to you, for you or about you. What I have to say, I will say it to your face or self, one way or another. I have encouraged Kurt and Lori with their breedings. They have a male from me, Booger. They seem to be right up front people. They too have had dealings with Diane Johnson out of Tx. Anytime Mrs Johnson is involved with someone, you can be assured she will gossip and turn things around. The Righters have a good solid breeding program, that anyone would be proud to own one of their dogs. I am hoping that they will remove their malious complaint, naming Mrs Johnson in it from the internet. I have not made any comments regarding the Righters, or their breeding program. They will be around for a long time. The only thing I have to say regarding Dixie, was I called the vet, and was told to administer antibiotics, which was done. Diane never offered to pay any vet bill, and when asked why she did what she did, she said she wanted to help. Help like that no one needs

jonathon righker Dec 22, 2009

unethical airedale breeders are out there. there are many breeders who trade in "rare" all black and red airedales when in fact these dogs have been mixed with solid breeds back down their lines. i guess "reare exotic airedale" has a nicer ring to it than muttdale.

beware these breeders and avoid anyone who deals in solid dogs. these dogs originated from one kennel and now about five kennels mill out these solid colored dogs. they all originated from one breeder though. it is discouraging to see the breed sullied this way.

• So
    Southern111 Dec 23, 2009

Tfhe person who posted this is a made up name. The solids have a DNA on file with Mars Labatories. The name on this is so close to Curt Righter of Righters Airedales out of Tn. A very small kennel. They and Diane Johnson are close telephone buddies, who hammer out how to destroy other peoples businesses. Mrs Johnson killed my dog, she didn't shoot her, she didn't run her over, but she released her out of a pen, when told not to open gates. End result was the dog having a jaw infection and being put down after 8 months of constant care. Mr Righter has accused me of sending him a dog, which he claimed the sire, After doing a dna with AKC, was not that of the pups. The very next day he called and said the AKC was to call me, and tell me that there had been a mistake. I recieved no such call, and the DNA group at AKC does not make mistakes, and corrects them over night. Anyone who says they are concerned for the breed in the manner above is full of crap. This is spitful jealousy and I have coorespondence to prove what I have written here. I want these people to go away and leave me alone, otherwise I will resort to legal retalation, as I have not bothered with them. I have pups to work for the handicapped, and do not have time for their little games.

My name is Southern Sollars, I own Southern ROC Airedales

jonathon righker Dec 26, 2009

a dna test done in the 90's before the airedale genome was mapped is hardly evidence. in fact southern has taken legal action against the akc and failed. mars laboratory does not verify the purity of any breed, they simply state the percentages of dog breeds in mongrel dogs. southern's mars lab results can be found at the "real working airedale" board. this board is a conclave where all the "rare black " breeders congregate and attack the akc for not allowing their dogs so anything said there must be taken with a grain of salt. however, the results are posted there and you can read them for yourself. one of southern's dogs even shows that it is mixed on the dna report. 12% bulldog i believe??? at any rate, check it out if you are interested. i have not told a single lie. it is my belief that the dogs are mixed based on the "miracle" that both the "rare black" and "rare red" airedales emerged from southern's kennels and only southern's kennels. the dna proof that shows her dogs have bulldog in them is more evidence.
    i have not told a single lie. my opinion is based on the facts that southern has presented and the procedures of mars laboratory. check out the real working airedale board if you don't believe me.

Divine Justice Dec 28, 2009

Looks like jonathon riker needs to take a few classes in DNA. He owns one of Southern's Airedales also, then has the nerve to go flapping his jaw; then we have Ms. Piggy, Diane Johnson, whom I believe owns 2 of Southern's Airedales. These people are a bunch of jokers to tear apart the very kennel they bought from and are now breeding out of. Good Lord almighty. What will it be next? By the way, neither of these people have any credibility as far as experience goes anyways. Shoot, they both qualify as simpleton backyard breeders, with barely a little or two under their belts. Won't it be a barrel full of laughs when then see a "rare" red or black pop out of one of their ###. lol The whining will be all over when they are running to the bank with a top dollar dog and will deny ever having used the term "Airemutt".
    As far as Bull Dog goes - do your homework and take a history lesson. I think you can find reference to that on some Airedale information sites out there if you take the time to look.

Jonathan - go spend some time in the closet where you belong, since you choose not to be rational and see the light of day. Diane - just keep your head in your slit where you like it the best. MMMM -Hmmmm! Good eat'n.

jonathon righker Dec 29, 2009

interesting, i see southern is using other aliases to fake an internet concensous. the truth is that every reputable breeder will say that airedales are black and tan or black and grizzle colored. as previously stated: the truth is that all known lines of "reare" red and black airedales originated from southern kennels. mars is very clear how every dog should how up on their tests based on their results. i have never bought a dog from southern or any kennel that breeds black airedales because those dogs are often mixed with their regular airedale lines. the results are impure dogs. i am not a friend to any breeder who trades in these mutts and tries to pass them off as something else.

only buy from a reputable breeder. any breeder who sales rare black or red airedales is selling you a lie. please don't fall for it. these people have done serious damage to a once great breed.

Divine Justice Dec 30, 2009

Yeah right Curt. Quit fooling yourself. Sounds to me as if you have been hitting the bottle a little too much this holiday season, lost control of yourself and are not seeing things for how they really are. Just stay in the corner licking your hairless balls. By the way, does it make you gay if you have a pic of yourself with another guys dick in your mouth? Just wondering, since the word is out. I hope it was good for you.

OH - and by the way Southern has nothing to do with this. It's between you and "The Divine". Your time is coming.

Divine Justice Dec 30, 2009

Hey Fat Girl -

You're a loser, you always have been a looser and always will be a looser.

When you go to heaven I will make sure you are in the dog ### section doing your job.
    All dogs go to heaven, isn't that what you say?

Now go roll in the flour so your husband can find your hole.

Divine.

jonathon righker Jan 01, 2010

say what you want about southern/divine (they're the same poster donchyaknow), but she is alllll class. ;)

Divine Justice Jan 07, 2010

I'd like to take this up with you Fatty, but I have no idea what the heck you are talking about. From what I see here you are saying Southern is all class, which is true and we have nothing further to discuss, but if your intention was to go elsewhere with this then we will do that. It seems we are at a cross roads due to your lack of intellect and grammarical skills, so pull it together and we can proceed, or give it a rest.
    You realize that Southern is a trailblazer of her own right. You have no idea Diane ak Jonathan or whoever the hell you are. Your IP has been traced through google by me since I work for a company that has expertice in tracing these type of harassment pracitices. My wife is a recipient of one of Southern's recipient dogs and wouldn't be walking if it wasn't for the help of this outstanding animal. You are a piece of ### for attacking a woman for your own selfish benefit. Southern oughta sue you for the death of her dog, you negligent ninny.

jonathon righker Jan 09, 2010

divine aka southern,

you are not a trailblazer, you are just another con artist trying to make a buck. i could care less what she does with her dogs. i am not saying you are evil incarnate, just that your "rare" airedales are just mixed breeds. i have posted nothing but facts regarding southern's dogs. let me list them for you:

all black airedales originated from southern's kennels.

the only real supporters of the black airedales are breeders who have bought/bred southern's "special" dogs for their own profit or owners who desperately want to believe that they have a "special" dog.

a recent southern dna test has shown that one of southern's airedales was part bulldog. i know that the bull and terrier was part of the original ancestry of airdales but this does not satisfy that discrepancy. another dog that southern had tested showed no bulldog in it...are you saying that that dog is not a real airedale?

this is not harassment. i have not told a single lie. like the akc, i am concerned with breed purity. i believe(my humble opinion) that the breed is being muddled for profit and it started at one kennel.

Divine Justice Jan 09, 2010

Just so you know my real name is Sam Beauford and not Southern. I resent the fact that you cannot pull the facts together and converse like a real man, which you are not, - Diane. Your low self esteem has promoted you to new levels of nothing. Just a great big echoing hole for that mouth of yours is all that you've proven to be. How many a miner have you lost in there anyways? I'm lucky enough that Mrs. Sollars donated a service pup to my wife, which we are having trained. You couldn't reach this level if you even tried, which you are incapable of doing anyway. If you continue harassing Mrs. Sollars, we will make public all this information to the authorities. and if you think I am kidding you hairy ### in heat, just try me. I owe Mrs. Sollars and will do whatever it takes.

Divine

jonathon righker Jan 10, 2010

alright southen sammy,
    lets discuss the facts:
    all black airedales originated from southern's kennels.

Divine Justice Jan 11, 2010

OK, you whack job. I see you are grasping for straws by advertising on other peoples web sites. And, what would make you think I am Southern Sollars? That gaping whole of yours, which by the way is your mouth, not what you think it is. Don't even go there and claim yourself as a good Christain lady like your facebook bio says. Talk about misrepresentation.
    I have never seen someone so desperate that they have to hack into other breeders web sites to advertise and take their pictures as without permission. This you and I know has been done more than once. It's far time to pull yourself together because I hear the sounds of the men with the little white coats and thorazine coming your way. Have fun in the cookoo's nest!

Have fun you dumb ###!

jonathon righker Jan 11, 2010

sammy "the ###" Beauford,

i addressed your last post on another thread. please address the facts i have posted about southern's dogs or don't bother posting at all. anyone reading this board can go to the
    "real working airedale" site and search "dna" this should direct you to threads that show some of southern's dogs are impure. this site is a conclave of blackdale breeders. they all got their original black airedales from southern's kennels and are now selling them at higher rates than they would for legit airedales. keep that in mind. thankyou.

• Tw
    twopearsons Jan 11, 2010

You know I wouldn't buy a dog from you since you like to run everybody in the ground if you can't sell your dog on you own say then get out of the breeding the animals. You can't run another breeder down cause your stocks isn't as good. Plus you make people unhappy when you hurt someone by your lies. Please growup and be a lady who doesn't use the words you are useing on people you don't even know...Linda

Divine Justice Jan 12, 2010

Ms. Johnson. My name is John. I own Espinoza's Airedales. I was going through my web page this morning and I noticed that you had linked your kennel, (Big Bend) to my webpage. Ms. Johnson, I am aware that this link page is freely accessable but I am not appreciative of a competitor using my web page to try and sell dogs off of my site without being associated with me. This appears to be an underhanded manuever so I have removed your link.
    First off, I work closely with Southern Roc Kennels and Tenkiller Airedales. I know the great stock that these kennels have and I also have some great stock that I am very proud of.
    Secondly, I have some very satisfied customers and would not want my customers mislead thinking that I am in any way linked to your kennel. As I stated, I am very proud of what I sell and I take my business seriously.
    I am in no way knocking your stock, I have no idea what your stock is like, but I will not promote anything that I am not familiar with, and I ask that you refrain from using my webpage to link to your webpage.

John Espinoza
    Jan 11, 2010

(WOW LADY - YOU'VE GOT SOME BIG BALLS ----- DIVINE)

jonathon righker Jan 12, 2010

linda (twopearsons),

do you trade in "black airedales?"

also, i noticed you didn't attack southern or her gelding when they said horrible things about me!
    so, i want to know if you have a business relationship or friendship with southern???

i would also like to point out this tactic to any unsuspecting airedale buyers. southern has clearly been on the phone calling her partners, friends, and fellow blackdale dealers to make it seem like there is legitimate support for her breed. i am sorry to say that there is not. notice that none have addressed the dna evidence that shows some of southern's dogs are mixed, nor will they address that both the rare red and rare black airedale lines started from her kennel. if you don't find this suspicious then i would like to interest you in some prime real estate. when asked legitimate questions about the origin of these "black Airedales" you are quickly attacked(as you have all witnessed) by the people who profit off of them. i'm not saying they are bad dogs(they are probably over 90% Airedale anyway) but in all likelihood they are not special at all. (imho) based on the facts.

jonathon righker Jan 12, 2010

BLACK AIREDALE BACKGROUND/HISTORY

THESE WORDS ARE NOT MY OWN, I FOUND THEM ON THE INTERNET, BUT THEY SEEM WELL RESEARCHED AND THOUGHT OUT.

Few modern dog breeds are as shrouded in mystery as is the Airedale Terrier. The veiled mystique
    surrounding the foundation stock of the breed is largely undocumented and references to the
    contributions made by dogs like the “Bull and Terrier” further confuses the precise origins. Collie,
    Otter hound, and the old rough coated black and tan terrier are typically cited as being progenitors.
    The selective breeding practices of the early breeders dictated assortative matches: dogs with known,
    demonstrable abilities were bred to ### with similar abilities. Features like coat color were not
    important to breeders until the advent of “dog shows” at the English Agricultural Fairs of circa 1850.
    By 1900 however, the Airedale Terrier had become fixed in type, size and coat color. The standard was
    set on a dog of square profile, long legged, short crouped and rough coated. The acceptable coloration
    was then dictated to be black and tan or grizzle and tan.
    As the breeds popularity increased, many became interested in the breed and began writing about
    Airedale Terriers. All the literature, from the earliest days of the breed through today, follow a pattern.
    Details of the Airedale are discussed at length, feeding, care, grooming, training and history are each
    documented and described. Pedigrees are offered and different families or strains are identified. But
    regardless of the writer, or their place in time, one thing none of them have ever mentioned is a solid
    colored, pure bred, Airedale Terrier.
    It is not surprising then that when a certain breeder began advertising for sale, pure bred, all black
    Airedale Terriers that the ATCA (Airedale Terrier Club of America) took notice. The breeder was a man
    named Frank Drach who had purchased an all black puppy ### while he was employed in Alaska.
    Drach registered this ### with the AKC (American Kennel Club) in the early 1980's and on her
    registration listed the color as Black. AKC accepted the registration paperwork and attendant fees for
    “Frank's Tina Lorray”. Once back home in Phoenix, Arizona, Drach began breeding Tina Lorray to his
    typical colored Airedale and registering those puppies with AKC too. Those who were, Drach listed
    their color as Black and as per their norm, AKC accepted the paperwork and the attendant fees.
    Suddenly, in national dog magazines, advertising called attention to the Drach-Black Airedales. And it
    then became known to a highly regarded breeder/judge, Mareth Kipp, that one of her Moraine
    Airedales had been bred into this Drach-Black mess and she brought it to the attention of the ATCA.
    Polite inquiries of the Drachs proved unresponsive as to specifics and an investigation ensued. AKC
    asked a well known and highly regarded professional handler, Clay Coady, who was located in the
    southwest, to visit the Drach Kennel, investigate the veracity of the breeder's claims and observe the
    anomalous “Airedales”. Coady came away unconvinced as to the purported purity of the dogs and
    reported that, in his opinion, the dogs were cross bred Airedale and Labrador mixes, Labradales. Coady
    also reported that the Drach operation was an unusually poor example of back yard breeding with dogs
    running loose in a large yard full of junked cars and other detritus. AKC responded to the Coady report
    by removing all the Drach stock back to Frank's Tina Lorray from the stud book and the registry. Frank
    Drach and, his then spouse, Southern Drach, filed suit against AKC and Mr and Mrs Kipp. The Drachs
    hired as counsel Steven Gladstone who had at one time sat on the Board of Directors of the AKC. The
    court found against Drach and he appealed. The appeals court found against Drach as well. While the
    legal issue was being settled, the mainstream media got hold of the story and one writer, Herm David,
    styled a story akin to David and Goliath in which he portrayed AKC as the Goliath backing an equally
    vilified cohort, the Kipps, against the downtrodden little guy, Frank Drach. Dog News published
    Herm's fairytale and other magazines pursued their own slant, many finding the story to be a tale of
    hucksterism and poor record keeping.
    The issue should have been settled at that point. The Drachs however, realized that they were facing
    significant financial loss from the AKC action against their dogs and the courts ruling for AKC and the
    Kipps. Frank and Southern Drach contrived to resolve that problem. Their research disclosed a little
    known, privately owned dog registry in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and it was to that organization they
    applied. The States Kennel Club accepted the genealogical paperwork and the necessary fees, the
    Mississippi registry accepted their dogs and issued papers to the “purebred” stock. And Abracadabra!!!
    The breeder was back in the purebred Airedale Terrier business. It was shortly after this new registry
    began including all Black Drach Airedales that the all red Airedale also emerged at, incredibly,
    Southern Drach Harrison Herrera kennels.
    This conundrum of all black and all red Airedale Terriers surfaces with annoying frequency on
    INTERNET discussion boards and other e forums. Attempts to put this issue to rest have been met with
    “I have DNA proof!” The facts are obvious though and a short review should settle the matter once and
    for all.
    Apparently as of this date Mr Frank Drach is no longer involved in the breeding and selling all Black-
    Drach Airedales. The kennel is now known by the name of Drach's former wife, Southern, and is called
    alternatively Southern and Southern/Roc Airedales. The new proprietor is, according to her website,
    Southern Drach Harrison Herrera. It is here that the story gets it's scientific angle. Anytime the
    question as to heritage comes up, Southern Herrera will bleat loud and plaintively, “I have DNA proof”.
    The proof Herrera claims to have was supposedly collected and tested at Texas A & M University's
    College of Veterinary Medicine, in the 1990s. Without a doubt, Texas A&M is a fine veterinary college.
    There are several little niggling issues with Southern Herrera's DNA “proof “and the science necessary
    to establish and corroborate it.
    Given the situation, it must be acknowledged that mutations do occur in genetically closed
    populations like dog breeds. To accept the “proof” that Southern Herrera claims one must also accept
    that the Southern/Roc “Airedales” experienced not one, but two mutations: the first mutation, acquired
    with Tina Lorray in Alaska, introduced solid black coat color; and the second mutation introduced solid
    red coat color. The odds against such an occurrence are astronomical! But to get at the heart of the
    matter a review of what is possible, and when it became so, is in order.
    First, in the 1990s it was impossible for any one to discern the genetic difference between a wolf and a
    Chihuahua. The technological protocols weren't available and the knowledge to perform such a
    comparative analysis was largely theory. Second, it was not until July 2004 that the genome of the
    domestic dog was mapped. (Genome is the total genetic material in an organism) Third, it was not until
    late 2005 that the genome of the Airedale Terrier was mapped. Further, the research which produced the
    domestic dog genome was done at the Broad Institute, MIT and Harvard, of Cambridge, Mass and the
    breed genome research was conducted at the Hutchinson Cancer Institute of Seattle, Wash. Texas A &
    M, in the 1990's, had neither the genome maps nor the technological protocols to complete an accurate
    DNA profile to prove breed purity by comparing a sample to a known genome! Those facts beg the
    question as to exactly what “proof” Southern Herrera refers to as being established by Texas A&M.
    Today, on the INTERNET, there are five breeders who advertise for sale “Rare All Black” and
    “Extremely Rare All Red Airedale Terriers”; as well as over sized Airedale Terriers: Southern/Roc
    Airedales in McIntosh, New Mexico; Tenkiller Airedales, in Demming N.M.; Hi Kountry Airedales in
    Wyoming; Bairedales in Idaho; and Pinnacle Farm Airedales in Kingfield, Maine. Along with coat
    colors and oversized dogs, these breeders all have similar health guarantees, their dogs are registered at
    the same registry in Mississippi and they all claim to have DNA proof. The breeder at Southern/Roc
    Airedales is, in all probability, the source of the foundation stock for the other four breeders. In
    researching this story, the writer tried unsuccessfully to get a written statement from any of these
    breeders detailing the DNA “proof” that each purportedly has. None would answer any of the following
    questions: When was the sample collected? Where was the sample collected? Who, exactly, performed
    the analysis and evaluation to determine breed purity?
    The sad thing is that these crossbred dogs are having some difficulties which are going to cause
    Airedale Rescue and the ATCA continuing headache. The dogs in Arizona were undoubtedly out of
    Southern/Roc kennels. Since that “establishment” had moved out of state, they could not be located by
    the Maricopa County authorities to provide care for these dogs. The dog in Hawaii has been cared for
    and funded by private donation. The common feature in both cases is that Airedale Rescue was
    mentioned in the news in an unflattering fashion: uncaring of the plight of these dogs. The fact is that
    Airedale Rescue did respond to the plight of these animals and assisted in their care but used private
    donations from around the country and not Rescue funds for Airedale Terriers. Another fact which did
    not makethe news stories was that very experienced Airedalers took some of the Arizona dogs into their
    personal care and reported that these anomalous dogs did not act like Airedale Terriers, they exhibited
    personalities very different from those of pure bred Airedales. Yet the public perception and that of
    Animal Control personnel was that the dogs were Airedales and they turned to the Airedale community
    for assistance when the situations arose in both Hawaii and Arizona.
    The challenge now for Airedalers is to continue the effort to educate the public and law enforcement
    communities that these animals are not pure bred Airedale Terriers. In 1980 there were no claims of
    solid colored, pure bred Airedale Terriers. Yet in 2009, there are five different kennels that are actively
    breeding Labradales and fraudulently misrepresenting them to the public as pure bred dogs!
    In summary, recall that no writer, from the earliest days of the breed to the present, has ever mentioned
    either an all black or all red Airedale Terrier. Clay Coady, a very well respected professional dog man
    acting at the behest of the AKC, reviewed the original stock of Southern Drach Harrison Herrera and
    decided that they were Labrador Retriever Airedale Terrier cross bred dogs. Two different legal
    proceedings, a District Court and an Appeals Court, both determined that the Drach Black Labradales
    were not pure bred dogs upholding AKC's right to remove ALL of the Drach connected dogs from both
    the stud book AND the registry. Some twenty years after the Coady investigation other long time
    Airedalers, some of whom are breeders, took in and cared for the 19 Drach Black Labradales and all
    said the dogs did not have signature Airedale personalities. The question of DNA proof, as claimed by
    Southern Drach Harrison Herrera and her apprentices, could not have been established at the point in
    time that she claims; it was a scientific impossibility. These five kennels know this to be true. If they
    had certain proof, or truly accepted that what they had was proof, why would they not answer
    the three simple questions to support their contention?
    The marketing of these Labradales is a detriment to Airedalers across the USA. It questions the breeds
    integrity and it further confuses the public with an incorrect picture of what an Airedale Terrier is, what
    an Airedale Terrier looks like and how an Airedale Terrier behaves. If it comes to your attention in a
    publication that these dogs are being marketed in the classifieds, contact the publisher with your
    legitimate concerns and convince them that by accepting this type of advertising the publisher is
    enabling these hucksters in undermining our breed and scamming the public. If you are a breeder and
    have a website, make it clear on your website that these Labradales are not to be confused with pure
    bred Airedale Terriers. Get the word out to your local Animal Control officers that these Labradales are
    not to be confused with pure bred Airedale Terriers. Challenge the contention that these Labradales are
    pure bred each and every time you are confronted with it. And do not rest. In a space of 30 years we
    have seen the profit motive of one greedy, unethical individual bloom into a nationwide attempt to
    confuse and scam the public using the Airedale Terrier to further their illicit goals. The only way to stop
    this assault on the breed purity of the Airedale Terrier is to challenge it when it appears and use the
    facts to refute these spurious scam artists.

Divine Justice Jan 13, 2010

OK - let's get this straight - once again I am not Southern and I also see that you are stealing articles, posting them and believing they are true. You are one stupid broad. Not only is your ### thick as a two ton brick, so is your head. You have both a propensity toward mental instability and an inability to comprehend right from wrong. You are one unstable crazy, mixed up ###.
    Also, the IP address that these are coming from have all been traced, so no worries. If this comes down to what the truth really is, YOU are going to be held accountable. Stealing and lying are sins that will drag you toward the further depths of hell. Being stupid is just a birth defect. Count yourself lucky that Satan won't have to pound as much sand as might be possible. You are getting to the point where any type of repentance is futile.

Don't you find the following information most telling of your character...

A LETTER FROM ANOTHER BREEDER

First off, I work closely with Southern Roc Kennels and Tenkiller airedales. I know the great stock that these kennels have and I also have some great stock that I am very proud of.

John Espinoza

Then we have the issue of stealing the photos off of Rev. Scara's web page. The Rev. had to go in and personally remove them from your web site, being that they were posted without permission.

And, by the way the dogs in AZ belong to Ardith Elmore and Norm Nagel. They still reside in Pheonix, AZ.

Carl Egglestrom and Southern Sollar's bailed her out 2x of Maricopa Counties dog pound with her 19.

Before you throw stones you oughta know what you're talking about.

Once again the IP is coming from you.

You might be better off feeding pigeons in the park in Cat Springs than bothering legitimate breeders on the internet. The mentally ill do have issues holding jobs, obviously your mother can see that now since she got your last job.

You stomped through the Sollar's kennel like the Japanese version of Godzilla, leaving nothing but destruction in your path, now you're out here like King Kong with baring your hairy chest and roaring to the masses like you know what you're talking about. Go back to the jungle babe.

The breeders find this harassing, because you have no real information. You're a small minded wanna be with absolutely no credibility behind you. And just for your info, the Mars test was done just to prove that the Bulldog was within the breed which was introduced in 1873. No other breed should have shone as was suspected by some. The test rang true. Anybody with and sort of since could see by the DNA that these dogs are purebred.

Why don't you have you dogs tested Mrs. Johnson and see what comes up, or are you afraid of that. It is apparent now, why you have no friends and no breeder alliances. Your underhandedness of posting other peoples work on your website has been dually noted and has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

It seems that you have an ax to grind with Mrs. Sollars' because since your smear campaign has come along since she refuses to have anything to do with you.

In other words, get a life.

Again,

Sam Beauford

again when it comes to ### like you I just can't resist.

jonathon righker Jan 13, 2010

samuel,

most of what you posted is irrelevant to me because i am not ms. johnson.
    i know southern thinks i am, but sooner or later sammy you are going to have to start thinking for yourself.

you are lying about the dna. if bulldog is an integral part of the airedale breed, then all airedales should show bulldog in them, not just one of southern's mixed breeds. if you read the mars dna test report clearly it proves my point.

i still doubt that you are not southern or a man. what man talks about a woman's ### the way you do?? i suspect that you are one of southern's many aliases. if you are a man, please stop obsessing over my ###. you couldnt handle it anyway, since it is obvious southern hasn't left you intact.

Divine Justice Jan 14, 2010

Mark,

When someone goes into another kennel and creates havoc from one end to another, they create a very bad impression. It seems that Diane can't handle her own battles and has to enlist you. I happen to know through sources that she does not breed any black Airedales, nor will they sell to her. If fact, I doubt that she's able sell what she produces on the ground.

MAYBE YOU OUGHTA START THINKING FOR YOURSELF and chalk this up to another failed attempt by your wife. Discredidation of another breeder shows how low she has sunk and the mere fact that she has broken into other peoples sites and stolen information to promote herself. This is truly sad.

jonathon righker Jan 14, 2010

again, what does this have to do wth the origin of the black airedale ?