BidfuelBilling for services not ordered nor received.

D

As indicated above, I just discovered a charge for $39.95 on my credit card account as I was paying bills today. When I called the credit card company they said I would have to call BIDFUEL directly to challenge the charge. BIDFUEL said they would cancel the current month's charge but would not refund the two prior month's charges of $39.95, since I had not notified them earlier that I did not want their "service." I never received any product nor any service, and intend to pursue this. However, when you look on the web there are so many complaints, I wonder why they have not already been shut down for fraud. Due to family illness, I did not check the charges on my credit card statement closely enough the past two months and paid the amount shown. I would appreciate receiving any advice about how I can go about seeing that what appears to be a scam, at the very least, is shut down.

More Bidfuel Complaints & Reviews

• De
    Dennis Horton Dec 07, 2007

They have been ripping me off for $39.95 each month for months. Pay Pal won't do anything until I try to resolve it with them. I call their contact number and it is bogus. BID FUEL is a con. A rip off. They are stealing my money. I have to close my Pay Pal account and lose years of good reputation! Someone stop these bas...

• Su
    Sugarcube Jan 16, 2008

I totally agree! I do not remember ever subscribing to Bidfuel. They deducted 39.95 from my account yesterday and I have NEVER received any service or merchandise whatsoever. The phone number is fake!! What can we do without paying a large fee for an attorney???

• Su
    Sugarcube Jan 16, 2008

I just called the number again and I DID talk to a lady. She told me she would cancel my membership and would send me an email confirmation in 5 or 10 minutes. It was for a website she said I subscribed to 1/1/08. I told her it was one of those tricky websites and I do not want it. We will see if they actually cancel. Thanks, Lynda.

• Mi
    Milos Antic Jan 18, 2008

the company "Bidfuel" charge me 39,95 for something that I never ask.

What I will do to stop them charging me?

Thank you.

• Co
    coby mcabee Jan 29, 2008

bidfuel is a money making fraud that should be shut down and taken to court in the best interest of many people that have been frauded, they got 39.95 for nothing.

• La
    Laura Thompson Jan 30, 2008

Same thing just happened to me. I keep very close track of my bank account. Somehow they got my debit card number and charged me 1.01 then 1.88; then they got me for 39.95.

Luckily my bank is wonderful and they refunded my money right away and put in a fraud report.

Why aren't they shut down?????

• Da
    David Lee Kershner Mar 04, 2008

I didn't ask for this service and I didn't want it! Beware people!

• St
    Steve Liddle Mar 04, 2008

I also just got my credit card and noticed a billing of $39.95 for bidfuel which I did not authorize. I just called them and they said I did not cancel within 14 days. Cancel what alls I did was order the CDS for free and pay shipping, I also think they should be shut down for fraud.

• Co
    Colby Dube Mar 05, 2008

They have charged my account with out authorization and have cost me over 200.00 in check fees for insufficient funds. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING!!

• Mi
    Michael Mar 14, 2008

I forgot to cancel within the 14 days because I never received anything. The kit was supposed to have arrived in 3-5 days. When I called to dispute the charges, the woman first tried to say she would send the kit out right away (this would justify them charging my account the 39.95). I told her that I did not want the kit and I demanded a refund. She immediately sent out an email confirming my cancellation and said a refund would be issued in 7-14 days. We shall see. My advice is to be persistant with them.

• Ed
    Edward colvin Mar 17, 2008

I was checking my credit card ,they had charged me,$39.95 ,Jan. and Feb.2008, i called them,they said i could be a lifetime member for $9.00,they said they would work with me over the phone,that was a no go.the person couldn,t speak english,verry good,
    i see the company as a phony,you can,t make money,their way. They should be shutdown.

Thank you Edward colvin.

• Br
    Brigid Mar 17, 2008

Bidfuel is also in the business of funnelling your name and contact information to other companies. I was contacted by a Company called "Bright Builders" or "Internet Logistics". They convinced me to give them money to help me develop an internet business. They would not refund my money and I am in a lawsuit against them to try to get back what I lost.

Watch out for the people who call you after Bidfuel gets your money and information. The new company considers your relationship with Bidfuel to be consent to have other vendors contact you. This means you are telling them you are open and willing to do business with some company you've never heard of!

• Ra
    Ray Gwyn Smith Mar 17, 2008

I want to go on record as another Ebay user who was defrauded by Bid Fuel.
    When I first found the chardge on my credit card I called up the credit card and asked that it be removed as invalid.
    They investigated and removed the cxharge. Now I was going over my credit card staements this weekend and noticedcharge after charge of $39.95even after I had cancelled payment of the first charge. I called up BidFuel and they kept arguing it was my resp[onsibility to pay. I told them I'd never heard of Bid Fuel
    and I was going to report them for illegal charges they agreed to refund my card. I will see if this happens. They must be making millions. They should be prosecuted.
    Ray Gwyn Smith

• Ra
    Ray Gwyn Smith Mar 17, 2008

I want to go on record as another Ebay user who was defrauded by Bid Fuel.
    When I first found the charge on my credit card statement months ago, I called up the credit card and asked that it be removed as invalid.
    They investigated and removed the charge. I was going over my credit card statements this weekend for taxes, and noticed charge after charge of $39.95 even after I had cancelled payment of the first charge. I called up BidFuel and they kept arguing it was my responsibility to pay. I told them I'd never heard of Bid Fuel. They kept arguing.
    When I insisted I was going to report them for illegal charges,and press charges, they agreed to refund my card.
    Ray Gwyn Smith

• Be
    berkeley grad Mar 21, 2008

Lets get these guys.

I have a paypal account, occaisionally buy things on e-bay, but have never sold or considered selling on e-bay. I just received a call from my bank about fraudulent activity. I am a student and generally keep good watch over my credit cards... i just hadn't been monitoring my debit account as closely. From what I can tell, BIDFUEL has taken 279.65 from me and I want it back. And then some.

• Fe
    Ferdinand Mar 27, 2008

The offer was only $1.97 for the information that they sent but now they are charging me $39.95/month!

• Di
    Diana Apr 09, 2008

Hi there, I have the same problem. I´m from Germany and I was suspicious when I checked my credit card account because I rarely use my visa and I don´t know how they got my details. I´ve never been to this website and I don´t even have a paypal account ( I´m at Ebay though but I do all my payments with my regular bank account). There were very strange amounts, e.g. 1, 36 € then 22, 45 and now 25 something. My bank said it was charged in USD - so even wondered more. I ´ll get a new credit card now and I hope this will stop!! So take care everybody, Diana.

• Er
    Ernie Ayotte Aug 04, 2008

Received my credit card statement and look who's been charging my card bidfuel. I'm not sure why but after reading all the bad comments I guess I got hooked also. Time to remove this crook!!!

• Te
    Teresa Sep 01, 2008

another victim here...I NEVER ordered the service (never herd of it) and i got months of 39.99 charges. LETS GET A CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE STARTED NOW !!!
    I will check back and get information on how to file this especially since we are talking about multiple states.

• Ca
    Carl Oct 18, 2008

This is exactly what happened to me. $1.97 for a package, then two different bills for $39.95 for different hosting services I didn't ask for.

And - months of getting phone calls from different companies as they sold my name over and over to other companies.

If you check out BidFuel on Google, you can find that they actually are run by a person who is known for scamming and fraudulent practices.

I, too, was snookered by "Bright Builders" who couldn't deliver what they promised. I hope to get some money back from them, but realize that it's probably lost - and I'll have to pay that credit card off through other means.

john lumley Nov 04, 2008

Does anyone know of an attorney that would help file a class action suit on our behalf stemming from the actions of Bidfuel?. If so please sign me up.

• Re
    Rennard Mar 14, 2009

They own different websites that offer BIDFUEL, Blogtoolkit.com, ADDmedia, and many others.

The St. Kitts, East Caribbean address is BOGUS. It's just an off shore mailbox drop-off address.

Here is their ACTUAL address:

i Lead Media Inc
    Bidfuel.com
    437 E 1000 S
    Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
    (801) 785-8988

• Ed
    eddie d. May 14, 2009

I was charged 39.95 on 5 different occasions. I called bidfuel and they only refunded me for the last charge. I filed a complaint with the better buusiness bureau and I just checked my account, they have refunded two more payments of 39.95 that they had stolen from me. They shold most definitely be shut down!!!

• Er
    Ervin Jun 02, 2009

Bidfuel address corection

15550 Lightwave DR, Suite 300
    Clearwater, FLA
    33760-3083

• 10
    1006 Oct 31, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I called them and some woman at first said she would refund the $39.95 and then started to lecture me about how I should have read the "fine print". I said there was no "fine print" to read and that I wanted the refund she already stated she would give me - she then said she didn't like my attitude and was not going to refund it - she then hung up.

I called my credit card company (BANK OF AMERICA VISA) and challenged the charge. They said they would contest it and for me to not pay the $39.95 on my statement.

This BIDFUEL bunch are nothing but crooks! And they are rude and arrogant to boot! I only wish I could meet them face to face - I feel sure I could adjust their attitude.

And yes, they should be put out of business.

• Rs
    RSB'feld Nov 23, 2009

Called and told BidFuel would be sending me info on E-bay, and I had 7 days to accept of be charge $39.95. I thought I would be working with E-bay. I told caller I had no interest. Received package. Day I received, I called BidFuel and reiterated I had no interest in package. I was charge $39.95 three times and $1.97 three times. I called to complain. Hung up on me two times. Finally spoke with Supervisor. Told me they had recording agreeing to pay the $39.95. I asked them to let me listen to recording. He refused. Said was too busy. This is a huge scam. Letter to Better Business Bureu in Clearwater, FL. Letter to Capital One. Letter to E-bay. Have not heard from anyone. SCAM. Do not get suckered in as I did. RB Atlanta.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices