Bidaboom.comHOAX

A Review updated:

This website is a scam. The winning bidders are internal and as I was watching and bidding, this became more clear. If an item ended with someone who was not internal, the site would turn the bidding back on just long enough for one bid (no one else could bid), and then it would end with the same people winning each time. I complained via Paypal and got a full refund, but I wanted to let everyone know the site is not valid.
I believe they are pushing people tward the site via Craigslit. There will be a post on Craigslist for an item at a reasonable price, but with only a email address. When you email to ask if the item is available, they email back -no, but i got it at bidaboom... check it out-.
If it seems too good to be true... remember it is!!

• S
      Jul 20, 2009

Got a reply email for a camera saying they sold their "last" one, but I could pick one up on bidaboom. What a joke! By bidding, you increase the time someone else can bid against you. That makes a ton of sense to me!

• M
      Jul 23, 2009

Thank God I checked out the review about bidaboom.com. You were right. That's exactly how I heard about this website at the beginning. A guy told me he just sold the item I was looking for and told me to visit bidaboom.

• T
      Jul 23, 2009

Got the same response to my query regarding an iTouch for sale $200 under MRSP on craigslist. Don't know if they're guilty anything more than sleazy marketing, but it looks bad to me.

Jul 27, 2009

Wow! Exact same scenario with me. Time for State & Fed DA's to get involved. Thank you all for your inputs. 100% ripoff. Filing with PayPal now for full refund. Don't get caught up in this sham.

• B
      Jul 30, 2009

Hey! I was directed by someone from Criagslist to visit this BiddaBoom as he had sold Ipod Touch. Seems like a scam! Thanks for the review.

Jul 31, 2009

I bid on a IPHONE and actually WON!!! It directed me to a checkout option, which I clicked, Than it directed me to a Paypal Page and a pay option, which I clicked on and than it gave me an error message, I reloaded the page and clicked on the pay option again, and it did the same thing. I clicked BACK on my web browser, to find that the very phone that I won was still be auctioned off. Total Scam, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint under Online Surplus LLC, does anyone know if this is correct? Same thing someone on craigslist did the same to me.

Jul 31, 2009

I just went back to close my account and they beat me to the punch!!! Total scam, unbelievable, in this day and age, it's amazing how people can rip people off like this!!

• E
      Aug 07, 2009

Got sent there from Craigslist
    Bidaboom will not refund unused bid credits
    Bidaboom will not respond to emails
    Bidabooms phone number is a person's residence not related to Bidaboom
    This is a hoax

Aug 07, 2009

I would not try to contact bidaboom... go directly through the paypal site. I made a complaint on paypal and in a week had a full refund. Even for the bids I had used.
    Paypal has a reputation. They will do their best to protect us. Try them!!

• T
      Aug 10, 2009

Atldoll ! How did you made a complaint on paypal ?? I want to do it too ! Please let me know! Thanks !!
    And Bidaboom it's a SCAMMMM !! Don't believe them in nothing !!

• H
      Aug 12, 2009

I actually won an auction; however, about 5 to 10 seconds later after it said "Ended" another bidder became the high bidder. Fortunately I was smart enough to take a screenshot that is attached. Now, I am unable to log into my account. I emailed them telling them that I would like to go through with the transaction and that I took a screenshot if they need it just to see if it actually is for real (they may do it because of the evidence I have), but it certainly seems like a scam to me. Someone on craigslist also told me about this, and I unfortunately did not check it out before I signed up.

Aug 12, 2009

From the Paypal website go to the 'My Account' tab and click on the 'Resolution Center' tab. Then click 'Dispute A Transaction', and I selected 'Item Dispute' because what I got was not as described. Follow the instructions to open the complaint. About a week later I heard nothing from Paypal or Bidaboom, but I received the money spent on bids back into my paypal account. All the bids. Even the ones I had used before I figured out what was going on.
    Paypal needs to know that this site is fraudulent. Everyone who buys bids is being taken... Paypal has a reputation and claims to protect the consumer, and in my case they did. I have to think they will for anyone else too.

Aug 30, 2009

Everything you have read about BIDABOOM.COM are accurate descriptions of that website's fraudulent activities. I placed a complaint 37 days ago (jeingersoll) and am still fighting/appealing with PayPal. They ran "investigation" and ruled in Bidaboom's favor...to date I am out around $500. It started with Craigslist with an item I wanted for the grandkids. Referral to Bidaboom to "get one cheap where I did" response. After "bidding" started it was all downhill. My competitive nature took over and I was not going to be denied a "win" but NEVER won anything. Thought I had "won" a camera because time ran out and I was the winner but then in milliseconds--with time expired--I wasn't the winner. Had to back out of Bidaboom account to replenish my auction/bidding bank money and when I returned most items I was bidding on were gone. Then I couldn't log into my account. And NOW...all my remaining bids---over $300 @ $1.00 each--are no longer available. No need to call the number that Bidaboom does not provide but PayPal will gladly give you because after the first ring you will be send to an unprofessional and abrupt answering machine that will tell you that "The extension that you are calling is not available at this time, leave a message." Bidaboom will not answer your email inquiries...in fact, if you upset them they will load your incoming email pages with repetitive Bidaboom auction alerts. Beware! So now it's back to PayPal and once again challenge their slogan/reputation of their guarantee to protect all purchases. This could end up in a class action suit. Keep in touch!

•   Sep 01, 2009

You all sound like a bunch of angry Bettys. Ive already won something and Ive only been playing for 3 weeks. The first time I bought something my damn bids didnt get credited to my account. I wrot e a email and didnt hear anything back. And, I was pretty friggin pissed off. About 5 days later I get an email in my in box informing me tyhat my bids had been "manually added" to my account. I get some spam from them sometimes now. But my bids were there, and so far have been every other time I bought. The idea of pushing up the clock was dumb, so I asked why and they said to "keep acution snipers at bay" something about people only bidding at the very last second. Which I guess is cool, cause now I dont have to worry about loosing it to someone after 1 bid since I was bidding all day. Anyways I got a Wii for like 76 bucks, so I guess I cant call this a complaint so much as a "Hey guys get your act together." This is me and the wii I got. I hope you guys have better times next time!

Oct 22, 2010
    Bidaboom.com - You will (could) spend lots of money and end up with nothing
    Bidaboom.com
    bidaboom.com

Rip off just like Zambid.com and Quibids.com. You will (could) spend lots of money and end up with nothing. Beware!