Bid4PrizeUnauthorized billing

S

I just received my monthly Sprint bill and there is a $9.99 charge for a company called New Motion Inc. / Bid4Prize. I contacted my provider immediately. They stated that there was nothing that they could do and that I would have to cancel the service myself. What service??? I have no idea what this is! I didn't buy a service from anyone! Please Help!!!

• We
    wesley prince Nov 24, 2007

Anyone know how to cancel bid4prize service?

Sam Dec 01, 2007

Call them @ 1-800-861-7414 and ask them to cancel the service. They are pretty much thieves and they already charged your cell phone bill $9.99 so they do not mind to cancel the service.

• Ga
    Gayle L.Flynn Dec 20, 2007

Did not sign up for charges assigned to my cell phone with sprint and will not pay them.

Suzan Arano Jan 07, 2008

I just found a $9.99 charge on my Sprint bill for bid4prize. I contacted Sprint and they said that there is nothing they can do even though I told them that I NEVER authorized such a charge. They said that I would have to stop it myself. How do I do that if I have no friggin' clue what it is? PLEASE HELP!!!

Suzan Arano Jan 07, 2008

I called the number that was provided by "Sam." I was told that my cell number was NOT in their database. Funny because they sure charged my Sprint account $9.99. These people need to be put out of business! I'm going to file every imaginable complaint against Bid4Prize/New Motion Inc. !!!

• Je
    Jennifer Dawn Jan 26, 2008

Do NOT give up with these people. Explain to them that they MUST give you a copy of your written consent or proof that you, the authorized cell phone account holder, was the one who requested their service. They pulled this ### with me and I would not quit. I absolutely refused to pay and told them until they could prove that I personally opened an online acct with them or texted and requested info, they legally had to give me my money back. They told me that I had signed up on the internet??? They are sh*t! If you call your cell company, they can give you the # for the bogus company. You will probably get a busy signal, but be persistent! Good luck!!!

• Em
    emily kelly Feb 17, 2008

I just found the exact same thing on my account, there's nothing sprint will do?

Stefanie Feb 28, 2008

I filed a complaint with the FTC and my state's Attorney General. The AG will mail a copy of the complaint against them to you and to them. Tell them you want your money back. This is BS. I never ordered anything from this company. I was told I had signed up online as well. It is not Sprint's fault. This company has no right to be placing fraudulent charges on anybody's account. This is against the law, stand up and report them. Do you think THEY wouldn't if you were scamming money from them illegally?

Stefanie Feb 28, 2008

If you file a complaint, be sure to use the correct address and not the OP's!!!

Company information:
    New Motion, Inc
    42 Corporation Park, Suite 250 Irvine, CA 92606
    Phone: 949.777.3700
    www.newmotioninc.com

This company is a DBA of Atrinsic, Inc.

• La
    Laura Mar 10, 2008

Thank you for providing the number, I'm on the phone with them right now. And I hope someone will put them out of business!!!!!

• La
    Laura Mar 10, 2008

This is to Emily Kelly and anyone else who is watching. I don't know if you have the customer service number but here it is 1-800-861-7414. If you call them you can cancel membership and tell them that you want them to give you back that money. I told them the same thing and they said that they were going to send me a check for 9.99 within 2-3 weeks. Hope this helped.

Stefanie Mar 16, 2008

To update:

I received the answer to my complaint to my AG office. This company made me out to be some kind of liar from hell. I am more furious than I was after discovering their FRAUDULENT charges.

They did indicate they have sent a check for the charges as a "gesture of good faith". Whatever, I also do not care to be called a liar.

Send your complaints in if they have done this to you. If the FTC receives enough from people who they are scamming, then they will step in and handle the matter. I am also in the process of having Sprint send me a copy of all my text messages for the months in question. NEW MOTION is going to be sad to see that there are NO text from my phone affirming I agreed to their terms of service. As a matter of fact, there are NO text from my phone to ANYBODY. What a bunch of idiots! I will be sending the copy of text Sprint sends me, along with the copy of their lies they sent my AG, back to the FTC and my AG again, and BBB just as a matter of principle.

• Ra
    Rachel Copeland Mar 27, 2008

I can't believe what theives these ###s are, they just get people's numbers and start charging them. it's ridiclous. it's true though that they will cancel the subsciption that you never signed up for, but they all ready got your money. the number is 1-800-861-7414

John Apr 13, 2008

I have canceled three times over the past few months but continue to be charged. I've called my carrier (Verizon) as many times to have them blocked and unfortunately there is nothing they can do. Therefore I am publishing Atrinsic's phone numbers; maybe they can have something done, after all B4P is one of their companies.

Customer Service (good luck): 1-800-861-7414

California: 949-777-3700
    New York: 212-273-1141, 845-620-1212, and 516-887-2600
    Washington: 206-224-6218
    Canada: 506-855-2991

John

• Be
    Beckie Angulo Apr 18, 2008

There is a number on my phone bill for bid4prize and it is 1 800 861-7414. I have been told that they will refund a monthly charge (9.99), but they will not refund the very first, original bill amount of 9.99. They say that the reason for this is because there is no way that charge could have been generated without computer input and the cell #. I NEVER give out my cell# online. It is a business line for business purposes only. I think they use the phone cuz the credit cards would force them to take off the charge, and Sprint is playing the I don't know a thing about this game. Maybe they are in this together. They are all a bunch of liars there, trying to screw as many people as they can before they get put out of business. Can you imagine even one third of Sprint customers, @ 9.99 ea? Who's pocketing that???!!! It will not be me!!! For EVERYONE who gets a charge like this on their bill, they should call the number above, 6 or more times a day, asking to speak to a supervisor, until the matter is taken care of to customer satisfaction. Ya think they would get tired of all of us, irate as hell, calling them non stop to get these charges off our bills!!!

John Mitsopoulos Apr 20, 2008

It's amazing and great to hear that I am not the only one having these problems with Verizon - bid 4 prize. What a scam! And they ARE thieves. I refuse to pay this $52.00 on my account for something I had not initiated. I went to Verizon and got NO satisfaction. I will take this further and get to the bottom of this. If anyone can give me some advise, I would appreciate it. I cannot believe that this stealing is allowed to go on!

• Mi
    Michael Apr 23, 2008

This is something that comes up when you are on a web page. You click it without any knowledge you are purchasing a service. I clicked on it thinking you could win something. It then takes you to some random page that you can;t get out of and you automatically purchased some bogus 9.99 program that they will keep billing until you cancel. It is incredibly unethical, but legal. There is nothing you can do about it.

• Ro
    Roberta Newman Apr 29, 2008

I too have been scammed by this company and have managed to get Sprint to remove the 9.99 from my bill two months in a row now. But I don't want to go through this every month. I tried calling the 800 number that someone posted here but got a message saying "You are not logged in. Goodbye!"

I believe that this company "got" me by sending me a text message which my phone delivered to me and which I read and which somehow (fraudulently) translated into me signing up for this bogus game or whatever it is.

Unfortunately, Sprint's web site does not make it easy to report fraud. There is no option for sending an email and at the moment I do not want to spend my entire morning explaining the story in a "live chat."

So, for the moment, the only recourse is to call every month and complain about the bill. Ask for a supervisor. Usually, the person you get on the line at first appears to be a trainee. Tell them that you want to report fraud. If enough people do it, they might start to take action and block these charges.

matthew May 15, 2008

what the ###, these people should be hung. i will get this removed tell them that you will contact your states attorney general. that will end this crap...

Anonymous May 18, 2008

Hi,
    I have the same problem with bid4prize. Every month for about three months already, I received a text message stating if I wanted to bid. And it gives you two options, 1) to text yes if you want to bid and 2) if you don't want to bid. Every time when I receive this text I text no. I don't really know where this bid4prize originate from but I called my provider (AT&T) and they said that they will refund all my money that bid4prize had billed me. I think that maybe the providers have something to do with this because when I complain to them they just offer to refund and fix everything. This sounds fishy to me, but if you are having this problem also I would suggest for you to call your provider and request them to refund your money back to you.

• Pa
    Pat Walker May 20, 2008

This is a Business Set-Up by a very Low-Level ### who thinks he can run an ONGOING CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE in the USA and get away with STEALING TEN's of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS EVERY DAY !
    The Owner and the Dumbbell's he has hired are commiting this FEDERAL OFFENSE of INTERSTATE WIRE FRAUD BY setting up this FRAUD BUSINESS to take advantage of Unsuspecting people who they are Being BILKED DAILY 24 hours a day. The Master-Mind (Scott Walker: [email protected]) is taking advantage of the CELL PHONE Companies who are Collecting THOUSANDS of Dollars everyday because THEY Think Scott Walker is Running a legitamate business. My Cell phone Company "Verizon" really beleived that Scott Walker has
    a Legitamate business with HIS very MICKY-MOUSE Web-Site Called: BID4PRIZES.COM (the screwy spelling is done purposely to keep people away because they know nobody is going to pay $9.99 to bid on a stupid ### prize) is just a front so he can get his parthers to scam Thousands of people 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. I had "2" of there $9.99 charges on my Verizon Cell phone Bill over a 2 month period (they do this so if you don't notice they will bill you every month for YEARS. I told Verizon (who is a great customer serice company) about this and They Really thought Scott Walker's "bid4prizes.com" was a legitamate company and at first refused to give me a refund - They told me this was a "Premium Text" Billing and I told them I don't know and do not want to know how to use TEXT so there was no way I could Confirm or Signup for anything with TEXT. I told them that SCOTT WALKE's New Motion Inc was All Over the internet as a SCAM and BILKING totally innocent people out of MAJOR MONEY using the CELL PHONE COMPANIES as there COLLECTION AGENCY (Verizon gave me a Refund). New Motion Inc is Located in Irvine Ca 92606 (full address is 4 letters before mine). SOLUTION: NOTIFY THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES: >The Irvine CA Police Dept and Also the > The Irvine District Attorneys Office - > The F.B.I. - > The California Department of Corporations and also > The California Attorney General's Office. Anything New turns up and I will update you.

• Ak
    Akiko May 20, 2008

9.99 CHARGE ON VERIZON PHONE BILL, RECURRING SAYS BID4PRIZE. TOTAL SCAM, NEVER EVER SIGNED UP, WHY WOULD I? I'M 37 AND DON'T HAVE $ TO WASTE MY MONEY ON SOMETHING THIS STUPID. I CALLED CUSTOMER SVC (USE THERE 800 NUMBER, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY) SPOKE TO "KIM" WHO WAS NO HELP AND SAID SHE WOULD REFUND 9.99, REALLY HOW ABOUT THE OTHER 2-3 MONTHS THAT I DIDN'T NOTICE THE CHARGE? WHATEVER, SHE SAID THEY WOULD INVESTIGATE, SURE THEY WILL. SO... I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AND CONTACTED VERIZON. LETS ALL COMPLAIN AND GET RID OF THESE CROOKED SCAM ARTISTS.

• Ak
    Akiko May 20, 2008

Well, it's me again the person complaining. I had a "Shari" call me back and since the charges were on my 13 year old daughters phone they are apparently going to send me a check for every month they charged me. Will it happen? I don't know. She said 2 1/2 weeks. Her name is Shari with New Motion/Atrinsic and her direct line is 949-777-0054.

John Jul 17, 2008

I just called, they sayed it is a non-refundable service but they agreed to cancel it. Bunch of scammers

Sally Ketchell Jul 24, 2008

I think these charges have somthing to do with Publisher's Clearing House. They may be the ones screwing us all!

• Sh
    Shane Jul 28, 2008

Thieves...All the people that have had this happen to them, you need to contact your attorney state generals office. Let them know whats going on, or bid4priz will keep getting away with this. They will cancel the subscription that you never signed up for, but they all ready got your money. the number is 1-800-861-7414

Susan Aug 01, 2008

We just received this 9.99 charge. This is outrageous!! They also told me that it is non-refundable and they would cancel. I then get a text message saying it's been cancelled with another message above it showing that I "renewed" it. Lousy creeps... I'm not done yet, I will get these charges reversed and hopefully get some authorities on these scammers. I can just imagine how much money they are racking up on this!

• Aa
    aakash Aug 09, 2008

b4p is a mother###er. i dont know why my phone carrier is charging me. i dont want this service. i get charged when i enter my number on www.b4p.in. and there is no link for unsuscribe. and i called to my phone carrier customer care but they all r bull ###.oh

• Aa
    aakash Aug 09, 2008

bahenchodh service -- b4b

• 99
    9930327415 Aug 22, 2008

i want to cancell this account

mallykutty Aug 22, 2008

I wish to cancel because everyweek it is charging the rent

sandeep gupta Sep 11, 2008

i wana just cancel this biding plz remove my phone number from biding 9820867684

sandeep gupta Sep 11, 2008

the biding is charging the money so i wana tomove out from biding .
    so i'm extremly sorry for this step plz cancel my phone number 9820867684

• Ca
    Capt.M.Piyush Sep 14, 2008

what is bid4prize ? b4p=Balls ### ### means in Indian words >Hydrosil or ATMALINGAM PODEPURAM---Bend your ### & Shove It In Your Own ###.
    Sick Mother###ers can't be the only abuse,
    These ### at B4P & Mobile-Servers, need to be taken up
    by the individual Governments of the countries or Consumers
    forum-court for swindling millions of people. They are spinless
    skeletons and they shud be ###ed only by Aliens. These cheating amount
    will generate AIDS for their next generation.

• Fl
    flower Oct 06, 2008

i just submitted my complaint to the ftc. I wonder if they will respond soon. My question is if so many of us have been scamed out of our hard earned money, why havent they stopped this guy. Ive had this charge on my cell phone bill for 3 months now. Sprint tells me they blocked the charges and yet the charges keep adding up.

• Ni
    nishu Oct 25, 2008

i want to cancel this service. what i can do give me the step as soon as.i cannot give any charges to use this site. i am not happyto use this site.as soon as cancel my this serive.my number is 9872872835.i want to stop this serive in this week i cannot give the charges in this week.ok

JOEY Oct 28, 2008

MY BILL WITH SPRINT ALSO SAYS FROM BID4PRIZE $9.99 AND SPRINT TELLS ME TO TEXT "STOP" ALONG WITH 80010 AND IT WILL DISCONTINUE BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING AND I KEEP IT SIMPLE WITH WHAT I KNOW OF ... I JUST NEED A PHONE AWAY FROM HOME ... YOU KNOW.
    THANKS FOR THE INFO

JOEY Oct 28, 2008

ALSO CAN YOU GIVE ME A COMPLAINT PERSON WITH A NUMBER OR AN ADDRESS

• Se
    sekine Oct 28, 2008

Thats really funny
    They frustrate us as much as we just whish to be clear from their devilish list. I have just come here I do not know much about your law. How can I submit a formal complaint to the court?

• Lo
    louisewitt Oct 28, 2008

Once again I will not sign up for anything on the internet I have learned my lesson, I cannot see how they got approval to use my credit card.