Better Dtox AND OTHERSUnauthorized Charges

My bank card was used to acquire trial samples of Dazzle Smile, Jun Pure Cleanse, Dermapril-SP, Resv-Life and Cleanwhites. I authorized the small funds required to obtain a 14-day trial for each item. As I signed up for each of these, I printed out terms & conditions, receipts, etc., so that I would have a paper trail. I received the items anywhere from 4 to 6 days into the 14-day trial, which begins the day you order the product!!!

On 09-30-09, I checked my account balance, as is my usual practice. I was freaked to find a deduction from my account, which had a name I could not match up with any other for which I had authorized charges: BetterDTox; the amount was for $48.92 with a $.39 fee (which is listed separately). This amount did not match the $79.28 which was threatened to be charged in case I did not return the products for which I had ordered samples. I called the phone number listed alongside the name "betterdtox, " and was informed it was a non-working number.

I tried Dazzle Smile, which did nothing for my teeth. I immediately (after trying 3 days) called and cancelled my order. I was sent instructions on how to cancel/return the sample to my e-mail address and followed them explicitely. The lady helping me cancel my Dazzle Smile order was nice and asked if I wanted her to cancel any other memberships that came along with this order. I assured her there were none. She checked and came up with the following other memberships for which I was hooked: "World Club Fitness, " "Elite, " and "Weight Loss Resources." I had never heard of these, nor had I seen any of these listed as "add-ons" to my original order!!!

Within a couple of days of this conversation, I was charged $79.28 on my bank account and a $.63 ATM fee. I called the phone number on my bank statement, which was identified as "Not a working number." I went to my printed paperwork where I found a different number. I called to tell them that I had sent the item back and had my tracking number. I was reimbursed the $79.28 within three days. I was given another phone number to call regarding the ATM fee. The person at that number had no idea what the $.63 was or who would have charged it. I was given the runaround and have lost the $.63.

I then called all of the other scam-artists and had to pay $6.99 to purchase a UPS return label (which cost them only $2.99 to have prepared and sent to me). They came via e-mail. I had to pay for four of them although all of them were going to the exact same address!!! They were each for different products. Same scam artist company! All of these were mailed on 09-13-09.

On 09-30-09, I filed action at my bank to have the Better DTox fraudulent charges removed. They have temporarily been removed pending an investigation as to whether or not I applied for the services charged. Since the name of this organization does not match anything I ordered, the phone number is a phony, and the charges do not match anything I have authorized, I am stuck not knowing the nature of the goods or services I supposedly signed up for. When I look for betterdtox online, all I get is one complaint for purecleanse.

I had my ATM/Debit/Credit bank card destroyed and a new one issued. The ATM card is the number these phonies all received by which to charge me. I will not get another charge from any of them, NOR WILL I EVER BE SO GULLIBLE AS TO BELIEVE ANY OF THEM, ORDER FROM THEM, OR ANYTHING LIKE THEM!!!

Phone numbers for the companies I bought from:

DAZZLE SMILE (same as DAZZLE WHITE): [protected]
RESV-Life: [protected]
DERMAPRIL-SP: [protected]
JUN PURE CLEANSE (Purecleanse): [protected]
CLEANWHITES: [protected]

I hope that this helps others to contact these fraudulent companies! All of these seem to be linked, except DAZZLE SMILE, which had a different mailing address and provisions.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ALL OF THESE WERE FOUND ON MY FAV HOME PAGE, MY.YAHOO.COM!!!

• Di
    dillbob Oct 07, 2009

Best thing to do is cancel your c/card and get a new one. That way they can't take any more money from you. If you don't and you don't cancel with ALL the bogus companies taking out of your account, you WILL continue to get stolen from.
    Cancelling with all the other companies is impossible, I tried, I was given wrong numbers time and again. Even if you do get to cancel with them all, there is no certainty they won't use another company to withdraw your money.

If you do manage to read a copy of the terms and conditions, there is a clause in it that says they reserve the right to change the terms and conditions without informing you. I.e. letting other 'companies' have your c/card details.

I can't stress enough, close your c/card and get a new one. Fully inform your bank of what has happened and hopefully they can recoup funds for you. At the very least, Dazzlewhite and its many guises will not be able to extort another penny from you.

• Pi
    PISSEDOFFCUSTOMER99 Oct 22, 2009

Better Dtox = http://www.acaiforcemax.com/contactus.php

Found those ###!!!

The phone number on your account statement from your bank will be a fradulent one. If you go to the website I've listed above, you will find their real number.

After talking with one rude girl who refused to let me speak to a manager & then hung up on me, I immediately called back & asked a different girl to speak with a manager. Supposedly, I did two minutes later. She was as useless as useless can be & had no explanation as to why the product I received was not the same name as the one I ordered or why the phone number listed on my bank account summary was a fraudulent one.

You have 14-days from the time you order the product to return it or you will be charged $87! There is no telling if they will charge you again or not.

Cancel your card!! That's all that can be done.

Buyer Beware!

• Sc
    screw "betterdtox" Oct 27, 2009

Does not matter what number you call or who you talk to or even who you try to talk to. Everyone I have talked after spending numerous hours on the phone and calling different companies, they are all linked to one another and no one seems to know anything about a "betterdtox" so if anyone does find this company and finds an actual working number please forward it to this site. I believe this whole company is nothing but a scam and is only doing this because of a "bailout" process. After reading everyone's complaints and also first hand experience of not ordering any of these, nor the "sample's", I really hope that people do their research and figure out that this/these companies are nothing but scam artists and hopefully will be shut down... I weigh 150 pounds and I'm 5 foot 8 inches tall, so do you honestly believe that I would order these products or even remotely think to order them...I DON'T THINK SO.

• Im
    ImpulseMarketingIsAScam Jan 26, 2010

I'm sorry to say this but I worked for the crappy company that scammed you - Impulse Marketing. I really needed the money so I bit my lip and went along with it. But I was recently laid off along with just about everyone else. Thank god, I was feeling so terrible about what I was doing.

I'm too afraid to give out my real name because they might come after me but I'm posting their info everywhere I can. Impulse Marketing is a boiler room scam that's only into ripping off as many people as possible.

We "upsold" all kinds of stuff by calling people who already bought something similar. The best were old people or guys that sounded out of it. We would just read from a script and get people to agree a couple times on the "free trial". Then the cards would be charged immediately. And we would give phony toll-free customer service numbers to call back that no one answered.

We were told over and over to never mention Impulse Marketing. We were only supposed to say waht was on the script. Some guys got fired for slipping up and mentioning we were from Impulse Marketing because then we could get found. Well I hope that's exactly what happens now.

We never knew the owners names. We only knew them as the bosses. But all of them drove new Escalades, BMWs, Mercedes, etc. One guy just got a Maserati. I heard they even have a company limo. But they treated all the regular workers like crap and paid us only for the time we were actually on the phone talking to someone. If anyone complained, they would fire them for virutally no reason at all.

Well I looked them up on sunbiz.org and found out who the owners are: Joseph A Montalbano, Matthew R Argall and Christopher Reinhold.

Here's the company info:
    Impulse Marketing LLC
    3985 Gateway Center Blvd Suite 200
    Pinellas Park, FL 33782

If your trying to get ahold of them to get your money back or complain to someone, here's numbers that went straight to their offices:
    [protected]
    [protected]

Like I said, I'm really sorry and I hope this helps anyone whose been ripped off by these guys.

ImpulseMarketingIsAScam