Bethlehem Olive Wood SuppliesNon-receipt of Merchandise

B

I ordered rosary olive wood supplies in August. I was told that they would arrive at the month's end. They never came. I called vender asking when the order would arrive. I was told mid-September. It never arrived. I called again, asked for a refund and left messages via e-mail and on their voice mail. No response came from the companyThe merchadise still hasn't arrived.

• Ri
    Rich Horrell Nov 04, 2009

Bethlehem Olive wood supplies. Bethlehem Olive wood supplies sent me one order for around $250 dollars. I ordered $470 more from Bethlehem Olive wood supplies in products. Was told by Bethlehem Olive wood supplies seven days until delivery. Seven days passed and Bethlehem Olive wood supplies told me another seven. The another seven, another seven and then five days. A month and a half passed still nothing. Been hurt pretty bad by Bethlehem Olive wood supplies and have no idea why….Maybe they are behind, having trouble etc… wish they would just be honest. I would not do any business with Bethlehem Olive wood supplies at this point. Even if the product comes in the morning. We are talking about the olive wood Crucifix here, the Pewter corpus for it, very sacred. Hope this saves others from loosing hard earned money. Sad!!!

• To
    Tony3457345 Jul 02, 2010

Order about 75 dollars of olive wood beads. Payed with pay-pal. Didn't recieve my order, and I contacted them. They told me it was back ordered. So I waited. I emailed them again and they gave me the run around. It turned out they did this because they new pay-pal would only help people if a complaint was done in 30 days. So I was unable to get any assistance from Pay-Pal.
    I contacted the Better Business Bureau and the company refused to talk to the BBB. I would suggest if any of you are having problems with this company that you go to BBB.ORG and file a complaint. If you know other good place to file a complaint please do so. These people are scam artists.
    P.S If you do a google search of there phone number you will find they have several websites by various names.

• Kc
    kc5lei Oct 24, 2011

I have had similar problems with this company - they have a long history of very poor service. I have decided they are swindlers. I ordered a lot of wood from them and like to never got my wood. Had to raise Cain on some bulletin boards (they are on) before they acted. Took about 6-8 months to get all my wood, and the scroll saw wood they did send me were small scraps off their floor, not what they advertised. They are crooks and I recommend you do not do business with them!

• Ge
    Gene moore Jan 21, 2012

I have been waiting since dec 2 2011 it's now jan 21, 2011. I called Darwesh with Bethlehem olivewoods for shipping and delivery every week. He said one more week
    Each time then 5 weeks later he said the order had not shipped waiting for for fresh olive oil. I ordered $650.00 of olivewood, the olive oil was a gift. I contacted Visa this morning. They will contact him Monday to resolve. Very disappointed for wasting so much time. I trusted him because he was so friendly. He sells a lot on EBay with good ratings. The get priority because they can rate him anyone else that places orders from bethlehem olivewood.com site gets thrown in the ocean with no tracking or delivery confirmation.

• Db
    DBDJL Mar 07, 2012

Ordered Feb 29 from Bethlehem Olive Wood Supplies. Received order details and order number immediately by email and they accepted my PayPal payment. Have not heard another word. Won't return phone messages or emails. I trusted too much in the Authorize.net Verified Merchant seal on their website. Called Authorize.net and it turns out Bethlehem Olive Wood is using the seal fraudulently. It no longer has an active Authorize.net account. Have opened a case with PayPal and will file a claim if they don't contact me within a week.

JenniferFrockTRUE Dec 17, 2019

@DBDJL This is not true. Bethlehemolivewood.net is a valid business and has an authorized account with its payment system. They are incredibly disorganized, and also of a different culture. Americans are running by very different and sometimes breakneck rules. I will agree they need to actually commit to their clients, but are still legitimate and working on their customer service.

• Ti
    Tim Young Mar 08, 2012

I am in the same situation. Ordered last year and before Christmas I received only one of the three pieces of wood I ordered. Sent them an e-mail and they apologized and said the other two are in the mail and I should received them in 20days. That was December 21, 2011. Multiple e-mails and calls with no response. Gene Morre can you post the boards they belong to so I can raise my own cane as well? Would appreciate it. The wood is for my Wife and the nativity set I am carving. It has special meaning that the wood is from the Holy land. Very disappointed and will not contact them again once I get my wood.

Jennifer.frock Aug 01, 2020

@Tim Young Just so you know, the system in place in Palestine is not ideal. It is not even passable as a valid and fair system. The mail (your package) is picked up for a fee by a company who "works" with the Israeli Post in Jerusalem. They decide what happens. THE ISRAELIS. Not the Palestinians, who have to submit to whatever BS the Israelis may be offering. It might take a week to find or make what you want and then another week for them to pick it up. Then another week goes by and they might decide to sort it and ship it. MAYBE.
    In addition, the lack of desire to do anything under such system is great. It is very unorganized and everyone seems to be in their own little world. ITS ISRAEL TIME...like Island time. To make matters worse, the English level of Arabs and Jews in this part of the world is still sketchy. They really do want to help, but it often just doesnt happen. If you really want to get what you want from Bethlehem Olivewood, it is best to go to Palestine and see for yourself.
    Also, before you get super mad, we know for a fact the packages do get taken and sent. We pay for them! Im not sure if its a conspiracy but people do end up receiving their packages wayyyyy later. If it is super urgent forget it. We have customers who complain, (WE SENT THE PACKAGE) and then we feel bad, issue a refund, and then it arrives to them. Think about this. We pay artisans to make it. We purchase the wood-it is not free as you might imagine. Then, the electricity to make the item...transportation and customs, taxes...and then refunds all the time because it is a flawed and horrible system. SORRY! It all sucks and needs to be remedied. NOW>

• Sp
    sprkee May 08, 2015

I ordered 2 single Olivewood single pen boxes and they sent me 2 double pen boxes. I contacted them and they replied they would send out the original single pen boxes and offered me the double pen boxes at a good price, but they have not returned any e-mails sent to them or have I received the single pen boxes they said they'd ship out to me ? Poor customer service !!!

Jennifer.frock Aug 01, 2020

@sprkee Sorry about the company. They are very disorganized and it is complicated in this part of the world. It is better to see for yourself. Go to Palestine.

• Rj
    RJF03 Aug 01, 2020

Ordered $55 of slabs and after one month, I still have not received anything from the company. I have sent several emails, placed several calls and left messages, but of course, no return emails or calls. Although I am lucky that I am out only $55, I can't believe that a used to be legitimate company that is selling "Bethlehem olive wood" is now a part of the scamming society.