Having problems with Best Buy Canada?

8800 Glenlyon Parkway
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved terrible company!

I purchased a laptop on the 20th of this month. I returned it on the 25th. I was told by the Fultondale, AL store that it my check for my refund was printed on the 26th and that it will take a week to get it from Minnesota. This is because for some reason purchases over $250 cannot be refunded in the stores. Not even up to $250 of the refund.

Moving on, I spoke to the corporate office who said that my check wasn't printed until the 27th. The corporate office also stated that it could be as late as Monday before it is even mailed but could not tell me how the check was going to be sent (standard, first class, etc.). Even standard only takes up to 9 days in the USÂ however I was given April 14 as the last possible date to receive the check. Best Buy obviously doesn't realize that that is three weeks from the time the laptop was returned. So they have the laptop and my money and I'm sitting here with nothing for possibly three weeks. Unacceptable.

Apparently four hundred and some odd dollars is to much to refund in a store but not enough for Best Buy to put a little speed into returning it to it's rightful owner. Even after they charged a 15% restocking fee, and I do not get back the $50 I purchased for a recovery CD + them setting up the computer. Oh and getting them to set up the computer... I was told two - three hours. Took nearly SIX. I was willing to look that over until I found myself out nearly $100 and them holding the rest of MY money. My future purchases will not be made at any Best Buy stores, regardless of how low the price is. I knew it was a mistake when I decided to purchase from them instead of compusa. I have been a customer of there's for years and only purchased at Best Buys because I work near one of their stores. That will not happen again.

• Co
    Common Sense Aug 12, 2008

Well to be frank, best buy is not the local bank, what you are asking is for them to keep thousands of dollars in each cash draw just because you can get a 400 dollar refund. This policy hasn't changed in years. It clearly states credit or debit will go back on your card, checks and cash over $250 will have to wait for a check from corporate offices, it's that simple. and gee wait isn't compusa going out of business?

• Cy
    CyberBob Feb 09, 2012

you got a refund not in the way you preferred. Get over it, BB is a good place to shop.

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

After purchasing a Toshiba laptop a day less than the two week mark from the Hamburg, New York location, I returned to the same store I had purchased the item since I was having difficulties connecting to the internet. The internet was "connected" and internet explorer would work yet several other programs including the "Trend Micro" anti-virus software that I attempted to install had implied I was not connected. I had contacted the ISP, Netgear (wireless manufacturer), Trend Micro, as well as Toshiba whom all referred me to return the item. I returned to the store with the item and recepit in hand, expressing my concerns with the defective product and requested to exchange the item for the same exact model I had purchased just less of two weeks prior. Two weeks prior, I had purchased the Toshiba laptop which was originally priced at $699 yet was on sale for $550. So as I said, I wished to exchange for a working product that I paid cash for. The customer service representative stated they discontinued the item. My options were to get a refund, a gift card, or an even exchange for an "ACER". I stated that was not what I had purchased nor what I was interested in doing so. It was also mentioned the only version available was at the Watertown location but I would have to drive out and pick it up, never offered to have it shipped to their store. I purchased the item I wanted and it did not work properly, ALL I WANTED WAS THE SAME ITEM OR SOMETHING OF COMPAREABLE STANDARDS. The "Acer" is is no way a comparable item in my eyes. Now I have asked to speak with a manager whom may be able to further help me. Stephon, whom was the manager on duty, stated there was a newer version of the Toshiba out that I purchased, yet was $150 more than I paid. I was dissatisfied in returning a product I happened to get a deal on and was dissatisfied that the same model that "WORKS" was not available, only a newer version which they admitted had the same specs for an additional $150. I proceeded to ask to speak to his manager he continuously repeated "1-888-BESTBUY". I said I was not satisfied calling a 1-800# to get the issue resolved while I took my time out to return to the store. Yet because he no longer wished to help I was left no other choice but to call while standing at the counter. I proceeded to do so and at that time stated I wanted my refund while I was on the phone. Now as I sat on hold for ten minutes waiting to speak to a management personnel, I watched as the three customer service reps and manager, Stephon, went on to ignore my request for a refund and service others in line. I spoke with the Supervisor of Corporate Offices, Steven, over the phone, whom again was very unhelpful and very unprofessional, swearing back on the other end of the line and offering no apologizes at all. To say the least I was lead to another dead end. I was at my witts end frustrated at the service i was receiving and disgusted that this business operates this way. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE whatsoever. I in no way, shape, or form felt I was requesting anything out of the ordinary or unreasonable for that matter. I just wanted the same product I paid for that was not defective and since that product was not available I feel I should have been offered something more comparable. Did I mention, I had spoken with another employee during this episode and was informed that Stephon told the other employee that he was able to exchange my laptop for the current version which replaced mine for an even exchange yet was not going to because he felt I was being rude?! I did not know Best Buy's Return Policies were based on the Manager's Opinion rather than actual policy enforced. So as I said Stephon had been ignoring my request to get a refund of the money I paid and I had to again say "Excuse me but I believe I asked for assistance and you have been helping other customers over and over again while I stand here waiting" Like I had told him earlier, calling 1-888-BESTBUY was not going to help but and I was right about that. So he decides now is convenient for him to give me my refund and proceeds without saying a word to me until we get to the point where he asks "do you want a gift card or the check mailed?" I stated I had paid cash and expect the cash I paid in my hand before leaving. He said there was no way. I CAN NOT believe if you pay cash for an item and have your receipt and are within your return period that you have to wait fo a check to be mailed! I can not believe what goes on in that Store, it is absolutely unacceptable in my eyes and all consumers should be aware of this!

• Ge
    Geo Jun 03, 2016

If i stole you receipt and merchandise, then i could just go back to the store and get your money. Sometimes when we are having a terrible ordeal at a company none of their other rules seem to make sense. I've seen customers with a perfectly legitimate complaint get blown off because they start demanding the manager to do something that they cannot. It's tough to resolve things at best buy because they blow off the customer, Corporate headquarters never looks to reprimand an employee, (trust me... corporate doesn't care), and they blow off the Better Business Bureau, that's why BBB has them rated at an F.

• So
    somecallemwaffles Jun 03, 2016

HPs included recovery media is set as a partition of the hard drive. If the unit was under HPs warranty they will replace the drive but not the data, including the recovery partition. If the drive was replaced the blank disc would not have the recovery media. HP allows you to create a set of DVDs that act as an external copy of the recovery media, but it is something you have to do yourself. If the drive went bad before making the external recovery media then she will have to order the set of discs from HP. 1-800-HP-INVENT or www.hp.com

• Ka
    KaylaD1116 Jun 03, 2016

More then likely that store was holding those wiis for an ad. But its possible there were a couple wiis in the store but that person you saw leaving had been holding it for a while. Ive seen people hold on to a wii for several hours while they were in the store.

But I can also say that they cant hold wiis, the employees arent even allowed to buy them if they are on the clock, hold them, or anything like that.

Mara Jun 03, 2016

In December, I took my laptop into Best Buy, because the battery would not charge. Since I could not charge the computer, I could not back up my data, so I had to spend $200 to get them to back it up before they sent it in for repair.

Unfortunately, when I got the backup drive home, I realized they only backed up a small fraction of the data. Fortunately I discovered it before they sent the computer off, but I had to drive back to the store (30 minute trip each way). I got the computer back in 3 weeks, and it was working fine.

In February, it stopped charging again. I took it in again, since it was covered under an extended warranty that I purchased when I bought the computer. The Geek Squad agent said since it was a re-repair it would be first to be repaired, and I should get it back in a few weeks.

A few weeks went by and I got an email from the service center saying my computer was approved for an exchange. That sounded nice, but I wanted my old one back. I am a freelance writer/photographer, and all my copyrighted work is on that computer, as well as my financial data. I was told to call the store.

No one answers the phone at the Best Buy in Normal, Illinois! After two days and after leaving several messages, I finally reached the Geek Squad at the store, only to be told they could not get my laptop back from the service center. I was told as soon as they are approved for exchange, the unit is stripped down and sent off to the manufacturer. The representative agreed to email the service center and see if he could get it back. I was told they could not call the service center, only email. At that point, I called Best Buy Customer Service, and they did not understand why I could not get the hard drive returned to me.

The next day I called back and talked to another Geek Squad rep who said they cannot get my computer back. I asked him where in the repair contract I signed did it say that they could keep my property? I brought it in for repair, and if they weren't going to repair it, I should have been given the option of having it returned unrepaired. I would have rather just had the broken unit back and taken it elsewhere, since it had many software programs that I will now have to download again, etc.

I was put me on hold for 30 minutes (no joke). When the rep came back on the line, he said it was not in the contract, but in the pamphlet I got when I bought the extended warranty 2 years ago.

My husband went into the store and inquired about getting my computer back. He was told it could not be returned. Instead, we were given a new laptop, which is nice, but I want my data back!

• Ha
    Harry Jun 03, 2016

I can not believe how bad the Best Buy tech support is. I sold my laptop to a friend of mine. It came up recently with some boot issues. I checked it out for her and let her know I thought it was the hard drive that needs replaced. It was still under warranty so she took it into BestBuy. They told her they would send it into HP for work and replace the motherboard. I got a call from her two weeks later saying BestBuy fixed it but would need to boot disks for the machine to load the op system. They didn't even have op system disks.

So, I have the laptop here and can not load the op system again. When I run a disk check the hard drive fails. What a bunch of yeah-whoos for not being able to diagnose this simple issue having the laptop for TWO weeks. I doubt they sent the laptop in like they said.

I suppose I will find out tomorrow when I return the laptop in person to find out what if anything they have done with it. BROTHER. I am better tech support!

Ann Jun 03, 2016

If you're looking for a Wii this season, DO NOT go to this Best Buy. When I entered the store I was told by more than 4 employees that the Wii systems were out of stock and sold out. Seeing as to how they were such a popular item, I figured that it was true and all the Wii's had been sold. I decided instead to look for an alternate gift. I just happened to go to the restroom and passed by one of the store's offices in the side of the store, and BEHOLD, Nintendo Wiis! In the store!

To make matters even more interesting, another customer in the store while I was there that was talking with one of the store's sales persons LEFT WITH A WII. Yes, that very day. I think its outrageous that employees are hording the products for themselves and telling us consumers that we aren't able to purchase them. ISNT THAT WHAT A STORE IS FOR! I even called the store when I returned home and asked if I was able to have them hold a Wii, when they got their next shipment in. The employee on the phone said that they are not allowed to hold Wiis for customers. So theres no way that they could have been holding those for customers.

jacblac67 Jun 03, 2016

Yeah bestbuy tech are not very good? I have better knowledge than what they have, tried to sell me a recovery disk for a hp when hp has something called "recovery manager" were you can create your own os restore disk.

accused of theft!

On Thursday March 13, 2008... My friend and I went to Best Buy around 8:30 P.M. to purchase a new music CD...

cashier thief from customer!

This complaint is against Best Buy #158 in winston-salem. On 3-14-08 a cashier grabbed an empty ink cartridge box out of my hand and scanned it along with a new ink cartridge I was buying. I had carried the box into the store to make sure I bought the right cartridge. A store employee had put a pink sticker on the box when I entered the store to indicate that the box was not the property of the store. The cashier could clearly see the pink sticker and that the box was empty. Only after I protested did she back down and delete the $24.00 she had charged for the emptybox. She was extremely rude. When I paid her in cash she marked all over the bills with her marker as if I were the criminal and not her. I have no doubt that she intended to cheat me. When I called the store to complain the manager hung up on me. I will never shop at Beast Buy again.

• Pb
    pbran Nov 29, 2008

Please remove my complaint filed on 3-14-08. Although the cashier was very rude and pushy no real harm was done. She did correct her mistake. Maybe she had a bad day. Thanks

• My
    MyNameIsIshmael Jul 05, 2009

You are ignorant... asking to remove your complaint is unnecessary, you've already displayed your ignorance.

As a matter of fact,
    if you havn't noticed, Best Buy is a very busy store. No doubt, she was just trying to scan everything at once. I'm sure you were a cashier at least once as a teen... when crowds come in, you just want everything scanned, paid for, and on to the next customer. Obviously she didn't MEAN to scan your ink box, because she took it off once you mentioned it. What was she going to gain from your measley twenty four dollars? It's not like she was going to get a huge raise for it... Maybe instead of standing there like an idiot, you should have said "This isn't the store's products" when you walked up to the register. You're an adult- don't expect cashiers to babysitt you when youre leaving the store. You're in control of what you want to purchase, so don't leave it up to everyone else to hold your hand and take a guess at which prodcuts are theirs and which you've brought in. It's common sense.

• Bl
    blarblar Sep 15, 2009

haha Nooob

• Sm
    SmoKe Do0KiE Oct 02, 2009

I thought only the little Warcraft playing virgins were the only ones who say "noob" nowadays. Grow up douche. Its not everyones fault your mom walks the streets at night to earn money to buy your Pokemon cards. Tell her to lay off or that jaw pain will never go away.

sales staff and lack of knowledge

Why do these people bother asking me if they can "help me" when, obviously, they can't? I...

returning xbox with extended warranty!

Purchased an Xbox 360 with extended warranty. It became defective, took it to Best Buy in Avon, Indiana where extended warranty was purchased. Customer Service checked system, proved it was defective. The power cord was missing and the game that came with it. They said that they could put a power cord in the box but didn't have the same game. I asked them to replace the system, I would give them the power cord or purchase one and put it in the box and they could have the new game. They said that they had a power cord but HAD to have the same exact game (even though they don't even use that game in the systems anymore). I live 35 miles away and was very upset that we could not work out something. My son went back with the game. They then stated that I never purchased an extended warranty and long story short but my sister-in-law had taken a system back and her last name is Ray and they charged that system against my name. My son figured that out for them and they agreed that is what happened and then said that well since the power cord is missing they would not exchange it! He told them to just take the power cord out of the new system and put in with it. The store manager stated "Oh if it was just that easy" and laughed? Well why isn't it just that easy? So now I have to make a third trip hoping this time they will honor the transaction. I guess it depends on who is working. Where is the customer service these days? Won't ever purchase from that store again.

joe Jun 02, 2008

the extended warranty is a waste of your money, thats what the sales people get commision on. all the company does is take the extra money and then deny you service when you have something broken if you acctualy read the fine print, pretty well everything that happens to it is considered customer abuse or normal wear and tear. so they send you home with A broken thing. and 90% of the time the acctual brand will replace something if it breaks or atleast get it repaired at a relatively low cost.

• In
    indymajor Oct 27, 2008

well Joe i have to disagree, employees at Best Buy do not work on any kind of commission. They do have store and department goals to reach and its there job to sell extended warranties and accessories for the original product sold.

Now for the lady returning the game system. In all warranties, rather exchange or replace the warranty states that all pieces of the product (power cords, a/v cables, remotes etc...) along with original packaging in most cases must be present at time of return or exchange. However i do agree that they could have just taken the power cord out of the new one and did the exchange. But that would have been doing you a favor since you didnt return the product the way it states in the warranty. But that was a customer service call. and since im pretty sure i know who the customer service manager was at the time it would have all depended on your attitude at the time of the exchange. if you were negative they were going to follow the book word for word and you could do nothing about it except fuss and fight. now if you approached them in a positive manner and explained the situation in a calm way im sure she would have handled the situation accordingly.

But once again Joe they dont work on commission its just there job to sell you the extended warranty or at least explain the benefits in a honest manor and then its the customers decision.

scam and cheating!

My husband wanted the new game, Pirates of the Burning Sea, for his birthday in early January. It was set to be released on January 22nd but preorders were being taken at Bestbuy.com and they were sending out extra CDs with music beforehand so at least I had something to give him on his actual birthday.

This morning (Jan 22nd), I received an email that there was a problem with my order. When I logged into the website, it said the item was on backorder. I didn't order the item last week to a surprised company. I preordered it three weeks ago and now it was telling me it wouldn't ship for another week. I called our closest store and they had them in stock but the woman through the website customer service apparently didn't see them and couldn't switch our order to store pick up.

This was a very simple issue that Bestbuy.com really failed to meet. We canceled the online order and my husband went down the street to pick it up. So much for convenience. If they can't count and send out preorders on time, heavens only knows what happens when they have a real problem. That being said, we won't be customers ever again to find that out.

The Customer Apr 06, 2008

I had read that purchasing the Best Buy extended warranty was not really necessary. If the product you had purchased was going to fail it would most likely do so within the first year when the manufactures warranty was still in effect.

Wrong, the Gateway laptop computer I purchased did fail within 8 months of purchase. However Best Buy continues to have you return the product to their service department where no service is performed. After they are certain that the warranty no longer applies, they tell you to get lost. You did not buy an extended warranty and there is nothing else we are going to do.

What a terrible organization, Best Buy.

canceled order and refusal to refund!

The Worst buy!!! As I am typing this I am on hold... again... it'S been over 35 minutes... again!!! I ordered some movies months ago. Three months had gone by when they had said I would receive in a matter of days. I couldn't get anyone to pick up a phone for a long time. When I did finally I canceled the order after being on hold 20 minutes at least. I was told the only way i could get my money back was to receive a gift card in the mail... in about a week. That was a month ago, though they have managed to send me numerous pieces of junkmail trying to entice me to jump online and spend spend spend... guess what??? I'm not their sucker twice and I want my money back!!! They absolutely refuse to answer any phones!!! The people I dealt with at the local store are rude and seem they could care less... even when I spent up in four figures last year buying a pc and accessories. I am done doing any business with them and tolerating the atrocious service!

Resolved scam artists!

I purchased a Toshiba 62' dlp tv from Bestbuy 3 years ago. I was told at the time of purchase that I HAD...

Resolved stealing $ from customers!

Chris stark - crook #1 - corporate crook protector & spin master jill nezworski - executive resolution specialist - richard m. Schulze - full pockets the pre ipo owner and founder - loves to hire crook managers! Avoid avoid!

The original [redacted] text:

Watch out for best buy theft of credit: after deliberately stealing my $238.14 credit, best buy would not give me my money back until I got dpt. Of consumer affairs involved and then they offered 'equivalent value' gift card, which I advised them politely to go shove it up theirs and I am suing corporate thief's this week... If you have problem with best buy, or any other crook corporation, give them a deadline until you would waith to receive what's legally yours and then you file a claim in small claims court! It's easy to win if you are right... Good luck!

If you have problem with best buy, contact:

Jill nezworski sr. Executive resolution specialist best buy, inc. Desk [protected] fax [protected].

What a terrible organization, Best Buy.

Will not answer their phone!

Everytime I call and no matter which store I call at Best Buy, they will NOT answer their phone. I'm...

Resolved best buy won't replace or credit a defective product

My complaint concerns Best Buy Inc. They do not back the products they sell. If they sell you a defective...

customer service (or lack there of)

Best Buy Canada www.bestbuy.ca I bought a DVD from Best Buy, tried to watch it at home and it started...

deceptive restocking fee. treat customers like crap!

Just to let everyone know Best Buy treated me like crap. I spent $2,000 on a Sony Vaio and was assured by the salesperson - upon reading my hesitance about parting with two grand - that if the laptop did not function correctly or if anything was wrong with it I could return it.

The laptop was crap. It shutdown randmonly, bluescreened, flickered, froze up upon opening more than one application at a time, etc. Not what you expect from a Sony. And certainly not for two grand.

I returned it to Best Buy TWO DAYS LATER. I was told I had to pay a $360 restocking fee. I spoke with the clerk, the assistant manager, the store manager and the regional manager and all told me they would not take the laptop back unless I paid it. And all told me that "just because it doesn't perform the way you want to doesn't mean it's defective" (their policy is that restocking fees are only waived if products are defective). How blue screening and shutting down in the middle of using it is not defective is beyond me.

I filed a complaint with the DCP and fought the charges with my credit card company. Luckily I won, but I would hope no one else has to go through this. BAN BEST BUY WITH ME!!!

I now order all my electronics through careful research on restocking fees. Best Buy SUCKS!

• He
    Helder Almeida May 23, 2008

BestBuy should be named WorstBuy. I had already a bad experience with them some months ago. Nowadays when I ask to someone buy something in USA I demand previously not to be from "Best"Buy...

• Wc
    wcj1920 Dec 10, 2008

Maybe y0u should read the back of the receipt!!! If best buy was to tell you their FULL return policy, you probably would not have enough time to listen. On the back of the receipt it tells you their full policy. Quality is not a defect in the system. And you are right if your computer is bluescreening, you have to ask yourself is it a defect because of what I did(like putting software or visiting a site which causes you to get a virsus) or because it is just a manufacture defect. Believe it or not people (without knowing that did you did) defect their system themselves.

horrible customer service!

I think this email to Best Buy explains it best: To whom it may concern, Let me first tell you that I...

extended warranty issue

I purchased a Sirius Sportster unit from best buy on 3/12/06 including the installation, car kit, extended warranty, home kit and all the total was $349.67.

Approx two weeks ago the unit quit working and I thought no problem, I bought the extended warranty so I'll go back to best buy and exchange for a new unit and be on my way.

After over 45 minutes in the store and speaking to 4 different best buy employees (on the first trip to try and resolve this) I learned that the unit I purchased had been discontinued and the only thing that they could do was to replace the unit with a comparable. I was fine with this but it would include bringing the car in to uninstall what I had purchased and then install the new unit. My wife and I were told to bring the car in any time and that there would be no charge for anything and that best buy would swap out the units.

Day two (the next day). We bring the car in and are now told that we will need to make an appointment even though they currently have no vehicles waiting for installation. We decide to just leave the car so that the install can be done at best buys convenience. As we are negotiating with the install person she states that "you will have to pay for the uninstall and the reinstall of the units". This is totally different then what we were told the day prior. She said that she would have to go get the manager because "somebody was going to have to pay for this and it wasn't going to be her". Apparently best buy out sources installs to an independent third party even though they are in the store and have a best buy shirt on.

The manager (Benji Inman) immediately took a defensive tone and basically said that yes we would have to pay for uninstalls, reinstalls, adaptor kits and anything else that they used which was going to be north of $150.00. Which is more than the cost of the new unit. I stated that I was not very happy with that due to the fact that I had bought an extended warranty for the unit and that I just wanted that unit replaced. It is not my fault that the unit has been discontinued. Also we were told the day prior that we would not be charged for any of this. I even stated specifically the employees that we discussed this with us and Benji stated that was not the case because those employees knew better. I would like to know how he knew what was said when he was not there. Benji stated that I could call 866-bestbuy and complain but that it would not do any good because they would just send him an email and he was just going to give me the same answer then.

I also asked if best buy could check and see if the unit was available somewhere else and he said no. (I have since emailed Sirius and there are units available in the market.)

The thing that burns me is the fact that I went in the store on day one and was given the instruction by best buy staff of what to do. On day two the story totally changed. The manager was so arrogant that I had to keep asking him "you're the top manager here"? I could not believe that a manager would have the attitude and poor customer service this guy had.

I'm out the $350.00 that I originally paid for the unit and components not to mention the jam box that I bought later that will only work with the now discontinued unit which was another $120.00 so I'm close to $500.00 out of pocket over this.

I also mentioned to the "manager" that I know I have spent over $10,000.00 in best buy and he is loosing my business over this install issue which I'm sure costs the store $50.00. I'm in the service business and I would never loose a good customer over a $50.00 issue. Stupid business.

I will never spend another dime in best buy (from now on to be known as "worst buy") nor will any of my employees, family, relatives or friends if I can help it.

• Li
    Linda GF Dec 07, 2010

I bought a new top of the line LG washer

and the clerk advised the ex warranty---3 years---I bought as it had a full one

year warranty from the mfg.---4 years of coverage---right?---wrong! I lost my job a couple of years ago---trying to live on SS and raise a Greatgrandson---we manage, barely---then this spring my washer quit---I called the Best Buy servie center and gave them all the info and they set up an appointment for service and the service rep called me to confirm====then they did not show up or call----I called them and they said I

needed to call Best Buy----after several attempts to talk with anyone that knows what is going on---I was informed my extended warranty actutally

started the day the waser was delivered!---overlapping the factory warranty!I have called, written, and to no avail-----I am 72 on a limited income and cannot afford to have my washer repaired----people that buy from Best Buy needto be forwarned about the

warranties they are scamming the customers out of!!!

unacceptable repair and customer service

I purchased a 42" LG Plasma tv from best buy approximately 10 months ago. I have been a regular customer for...

Resolved not honor extended warranty!

I purchased a Maytag washing machine at Best Buy and bought an extended warranty. For the first time in several years, I called for service under the warranty.

Best Buy told me that I would be contacted within two days by a local service company. When that didn't happen, I called Best Buy and they gave me the company's name and phone number. I called and they said that they no longer did work for Best Buy because they hadn't been paid. I called Best Buy back and they gave me the names of two other companies. When I contacted them, both said that they didn't work in my area. I called Best Buy again (every call involves being on hold for three to fifteen minutes) and they said that someone would call me in a couple of days with the name of another company. No one called. Again I called Best Buy. They said that, based on their information, my repair wasn't covered by the warranty. I explained the problem again and they agreed it was covered. They said that they would get back to me in two or three days with the name of a repair company. So far, all I've gotten is a runaround from Best Buy. I'm no further than when I first called a week ago--no service company and no appointment. When they sold me the extended warranty, they didn't bother to mention that there was no service company in my area. I am beginning to feel that this is all an attempt by Best Buy to get out of honoring the service contract. To add a little humor, I got a call today from someone doing a survey for Best Buy and wanting to know how satisfied I was with the warranty repair.

• Ca
    carol piggie Sep 06, 2007

Purchased a virgin mobile phone, keyboard went out in about a month, phone was misplaced in a move. read over the product replacement plan purchased for 12.99 to see if they replace cell phones, the plan does not state it does not replace phones. Went to the store with receipt and replacement plan Waited in line only to get a customer service rep. that looked to be 15. She did not know what to do, after I told her my story, she looked in the writing of the plan and saw something that stated in the General Exclusions clause: We do not cover replacements for lost or consumable parts... did not say ANYTHING ABOUT NOT REPLACING LOST OR STOLEN PHONES.

The rep. pointed it out to me and says "there it is" I looked and read it again, You big dummy!!! it does not say we don't cover lost or stolen phone it says we do not cover replacements for lost or consumable parts!! Poor reading comprehension... At that point I challenged her, asked for a supervisor. Nolan Sotello comes over, I repeat again my complaint instead of the girl at the register briefing him... Mr. Nolan tries to sound like he has managerial skills by saying " If it's not stated it's implied" What!!! Are u serious, who made you a technical writer? So at this point I called the consumer complaints department, held on for ten minutes, of course I was told it would be a ten minute wait, guess they were thinking I would hang up... sorry I'm a fighter... Amy comes on the line and gives me some garble about a warranty I do not have, but does not talk about the one I have, she then puts me on hold to come back and say it's in the plan that they do not cover loss or theft of ... again it does not say... lost or stolen phones... so I waisted 130.00. I am at this point working to start a class action, for all of us who has been pissed on by best buy...

don't ever shop at best buy!

I bought a Frigidaire refrigerator in September of 2004. The shelves were poorly designed and never installed...

Resolved no lemon policy

I buy all of my major electronics at Best Buy, including our first computer in 1995 because of the warranty/no lemon policy. However, I recently learned that the policy may not be worth the paper upon which it is written.

I bought my first digital camera from Best Buy in October 14, 2002 -- a Sony 707, which came highly reccomended by Consumer Reports as well as a professional photographer/friend.

We purchased the camer for $719.99 and the extended Best Buy product service plan for $99. In June 1, 2004, the camera gave an error message and had to go in for repair, which was covered under the warranty. On March 26, 2006, it malfunctioned again and went in for repairs (repair No. 2). On Aug. 15, 2006, the camera went it for its 3rd repair, and we requested an early "no lemon policy" replacement, b/c it was the 2nd repair in six months and we are just two months away from the conclusion of our extended warranty.

The camera came back on 8/24, and the problem remained, although the paperwork said that parts had been replaced in the lens. The camera continued to take blurry pictures over the next couple of days, and so I went to the Ellisville, MO Best Buy story today (where the camera was purchased). I expected them to honor the "no lemon policy" part of the warranty, which states that "If your product requires more than three repairs, Best Buy will provide for a replacement."

Unfortunately, Manager Eric Stephens told me that my first repair wasn't a "qualified" repair because they simply had to download some software to make the camera function properly. So, the fact that the camera wasn't working, had to go into the Best Buy Service Center and receive some kind of software download to make it work properly didn't qualify as a repair. In my book, the camera wasn't working, they fixed it and it did work -- that's a repair.

Anyway, I told Mr. Stephens that my warranty expires in mid-October, and I didn't want the camera repaired again, only to have it fail in November and then I'll be out of luck. He told me he couldn't honor the no lemon policy and that the camera would have to be sent off for another repair. He said I could request an additional extended warranty, and if BEst Buy agreed to that, he would be happy to sell it to me. How kind.

He gave me the 1-888-BESTBUY number to call and explain my dissatisfaction, and I requested to make the call from his store phone so that I had the "experts" available to answer any questions. I spent 40 minutes on the phone, first talking to Brandon, then to Micheal and then to John M, Michael's supervisor. They all told me the same basic thing -- that the service center technicians would have to make a diagnosis of a fourth "qualified" failure in order for me to get a replacement. So, they shipped off my camera today. I hope Best Buy monitors this site and decides to fix this problem for me, so that I can continue to purchase my electronics from them.

Company details:
Best Buy
Address: 15678 Manchester Road
Ellisville Missouri 63011
U.S.A.
Phone Number: [protected]

• Dr
    Droobin Jan 20, 2009

The lemon policy dictates that it has to be the same problem three times in a row, and from the sounds of it, your camera's first repair was actually just a firmware update. In the future, I'd suggest a few things:

1. Don't follow the advice of Consumer Reports, they're paid for their reviews by the manufacturers, how else could the terrible Olevia brand get such high ratings while one of the top dogs (Samsung) get such low ratings on lcd television sets?

2. Manufacturer's warranty over the over priced Best Buy "warranty"

3. Do your own research online before purchasing a camera, or any high end electronics device for that matter.

• Li
    Linda Medrano Dec 24, 2009

Best Buy doesn't stand behind their products or their warranty. I have found this out the hard way. Bottom Line-DON'T BUY FROM BEST BUY!!

service agreement for computer

I purchased a laptop computer and a service contract with Best Buy Alpharetta, GA last year for my son. On...