Having problems with Best Buy Canada?

8800 Glenlyon Parkway
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

credit card interest rate

Do not purchase anything from best buy on their rewards or finance charge cards!!!

It's a total ripoff. I purchased a $1500 plasma tv back in feb, on their reg finance card. They were offereing a promotion of 6 months free of interest, with minimum payments to be made. I knew after the 6months that I would start to charged interest, but was I shocked to know that the interest was 19.5% + a defered payment charge of $165? So, every payment that I made went out the window & basically I owe as much as I did originally when I made the purchase in feb!!! That's crazy. I talked to the customer service & they basically told me, oh well, you should have read the fine print! Well, I hope they can read my fine print here, because I will never shop with best buy ever again! I put this as a warning to all potential future credit card purchasers as well, dont do it!!!

Danny Oct 10, 2008

On November 2007 we purchase an entire entertainment system, TV, DVD, etc.., at no interest for three years, The salesman at the florida, a very nice man, was very helpful in choosing the system.
    When he was making the bill he ask if we wanted the insurance to protect it in case of fire etc...I always decline that because is covered by my home home owners insurance...

Now here is how I got taken..I set up an automatic payment because I was going to be away for few month, I did not look at the online statement at each month because I TRUST THEM. But after a few month I received a past due notice, I decide to check the bill and find that the credit card (HSBC) had added the insurance I have previously decline. (done without my permission)

As a result they where charging $ 27.00 for insurance plus 39.00 fee for being past due each month that keep adding to my bill... UNBELIEVABLY DISHONEST! I end up losing hundreds of dollars! and on top of that, since I wast "late" on payment the no interest offer was cancelled, now I pay 19% apr...!!! ..BEWARE..!!!

It is a very well designed trap...

I made the call to the card co. and was answered on a very very far away country and it is very hard to make them get rid of that insurance protection plan.

It was very frustrating experience witch added many more gray hair to my head.

• Ro
    ronald chubbs Apr 04, 2010

i wll never shop at bestbuy again they will totaly ripp you off. i was a hundred and sixty dollars from paying my card off. when i checked my account to pay off the one hundred and sixty dollars i found that bestbuy had added an extra five hundred dollars in intrest at 20%. when i called customer service they told me you need to read the fine print. i spoke with a maneger and he did cut the five hundred in half. but the catch is he told me that they are acrueing intrest fees and they submit them when they want . all i can say is best buy is the reason many people have credit problems. i was an eight year card holder of bestbuy and this is how you treat your best customers. will never ever shop there again. r.c.

• Ca
    california707 Sep 07, 2010

i bought a 1200 dollar laptop on bestbuy card, they said no interest for 1 year. after the year promotion they charded about 24.5% apr. basically i paid 1700 for this laptop? pretty weird. i thought it was free interest i didnt know i would be paying the entire entrest for the first year after the first year...

i called customer service (its in india) i asked if i could pay off my old balance without the intresest that was charged. the promotion just ended about 7 days ago thats when i got my bill and saw. the customer service rep didnt understand and was using big words i didnt understand... making it very confusing. i asked for manager ( american ) who understand and was able to take 75% percent of that added interest off if i paid in full... so i did, told the manager to cancel card, cut it up, not shopping at best buy anymore, the end :)

• Be
    BeepBeep May 24, 2011

Best Buy offers a charge card just like places such as Amazon, Fry's, etc. Anytime you get offered free interest for six months no matter where it's from, a furniture store, appliance store, wherever, a year or whatever the case, you should expect to pay "defferred" interest rates as a penalty for not paying it off in the "Interest Free" time frame. That's the whole point of it. Those that pay it off quickly get away with not paying interest, but if you fail to make it you pay the penalty. You should feel lucky they only charged you 19% defferred as the average interest rate for electronics is about 24% and can be as high as 29%. The problem is with consumers like yourselves that don't understand how different types of credit work and fail to read in detail the terms of the credit. If you guy's don'ty know what your getting into, why are you making purchases? I don't get it. :(

Resolved return policy - & restock & fee

Fyi... Beware!

Subject: best buys return policy check out 'snopes' and you will find
It is true!! Best buy, my footbest buy has some bad policies...
Normally, I would not share this with others, however, since this could
Happen to you or your friends, I decided to share it. If you purchase
Something from, wal-mart, sam's club, jc penny, sears etc. And you
Return the item with the receipt they will give you your money back if
You paid cash, or credit your account if paid by plastic. Well, i
Purchased a gps for my car, a tom tom xl. S from 'best buy'. They have a
Policy that it must be returned within 14 days for a refund! So after 4
Days I returned it in the original box with all the items in the box,
With paper work and cords all wrapped in the plastic. Just as I received
It, including the receipt. I explained to the lady at the return desk i
Did not like the way it could not find store names. The lady at the
Refund desk said, there is a 15% restock fee, for items returned. I said
No one told me that. I said how much would that be. She said it goes by
The price of the item. It will be $45.00 dollars for you. I said, all
Your going to do is walk over and place it back on the shelf then charge
Me $45.00 of my money for restocking? She said that's the store policy.
I said if more people were aware of it they would not buy anything here!
If I bought a $2000.00 computer or tv and returned it I would be charged
$300.00 dollars restock fee? She said yes, 15%. I said ok, just give me
My money minus the restock fee. She said, since the item is over $200.00
Dollars, she can't give me my money back!!! Corporate has to and they
Will mail you a check in 7 to ten days.!! I said 'what?!' it's my
Money!! I paid in cash! I want to buy a different brand.. Now I have to
Wait 7 to 10 days. She said well, our policy is on the back of your
Receipt. I said, do you read the front or back of your receipt? She said
Well, the front! I said so do i, I want to talk to the manager!. So the
Manager comes over, I explained everything to him, and he said, well,
Sir they should of told you about the policy when you got the item. I
Said, no one, has ever told me about the check refund or restock fee,
Whenever I bought items from computers to tvs from best buy. The only
Thing they ever discussed was the worthless extended warranty program.
He said well, I can give you corporate phone number. I called corporate.
The guy said, well, i'm not supposed to do this but I can give you a
45.00 dollar gift card and you can use it at best buy. I told him if i
Bought something and returned it, you would charge me a restock fee on
The item and then send me a check for the remaining 3 dollars. You can
Keep your gift card, i'm never shopping in best buy ever again, and if i
Would of been smart, I would of charged the whole thing on my credit
Card! Then I would of canceled the transaction. I would of gotten all my
Money back including your stupid fees! He didn't say a word! I informed
Him that I was going to e-mail my friends and give them a heads up on
This stores policy, as they don't tell you about all the little caveats.
So please pass this on. It may save your friends from having a bad
Experience of shopping at best buy. It's true! Read it for yourself!! Best
Buys return policy.

• Ir
    irritated Jan 12, 2009

Here is what I find hilarious that you assume all these things. 1st the product does NOT get put back on the shelf if it was opened, especially not a GPS that could have the customers personal information in it. We have to take time to have it restored to factory, sealed, and they actually get sent back to the manufacturer as we don't sell open gps, ipods, and items that could potentially have customer information on them. 2nd the associate you dealt with must have been a ### because we can give $200 in cash back, anything over $250 in cash/check does come back to you in a check unless you are going to do an exchange. Reason being is we don't keep enough cash in the building to be able to hand that much out to every other customer. I will give you one thing, you were treated like ### at the Best Buy you went to since they didn't explain anything to you. And yes I work for a Best Buy, but our associates explain to you why policies are the way they are, and generally as well for common courtesy, as we truly aren't trying to rip you off, we would void the restocking fee if you were exchanging, as well as if the item is defective (which is not required of us, we choose to do so).

• Dr
    Droobin Jan 20, 2009

Most stores have similar policies. I don't work for Best Buy, but I do shop there occasionally, albeit for accessories, not devices themselves.

• To
    touch Feb 16, 2009

BEST BUY NO MORE WILL WE RETURN~FOR ANYTHING!!!. . . THIS IS THE THIRD TIME WE' HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM!
    FIRST TIME THEY MADE A MISTAKE~WHICH AFTER MUCH ADO, THEY AMENDED~WE FORGAVE THEM; SECOND TIME, CERTAIN EMPLOYEES LIED ABOUT A MISSING ITEM I HAD LOST IN THEIR STORE, WE HELD A GRUDGE AWHILE, THEN AFTER A YEAR THOUGHT OK, THOSE EMPLOYEES PROBABLY HAVE MOVED ON AND BEST BUYS ITEMS AND PRICES WERE LOOKING PRETTY GOOD, SO WE GO BACK. . . BIG MISTAKE~ NO MAS; ADIOS; YASOU; AND NO GOOD BUY TO YOU, BEST BUY~
    NOW WE SAY: HELLO TIGER DIRECT, GEEKS, AND AMAZON. WE ARE YOURS NOW.

• Cr
    cruelnumber Jun 23, 2009

No matter where you shop ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS READ the reciept! There are several store that have a restock fee. When in doubt...ask before you you buy.

Resolved fraud and cheating

We bought my grandson an apple I-pod for his birthday about a year and a half ago. The guy who helped us really pushed for an extended warranty. He told us if anything at all happened to the I-pod it would be fixed without question, even if it gets smashed to pieces. Then he said if they can't fix it, it would be replaced, and if the same kind was not available we would be given an upgrade I-pod. Three hundred dollars for the I-pod and sixty dollars for the warranty, which we really could not afford at the time. The pod was recently damaged by a piece of the earbud plug stuck in the pod. We took it back to best buy, they said fine, gave us a receipt marked "no charge" and said they would call when it was repaired. One month later we called them and they said it wasn't covered. after a lot of time talking and the promise of a manager to call, but never did, we called corporate. We got shoved around for over an hour and then was told sorry charlie! My son picked the broken pod up at best buy and left my best buy card on the counter cut in pieces. I will never shop at a place again that practices false advertising and encourages employees to lie about warranties to receive a bonus for themselves!!!

• Pa
    Paul King Sep 19, 2007

Just a warning to those who buy something at Best Buy by opening up credit with them. There were signs promoting six months no interest with new credit for purchasing products over a certain dollar amount. I wasn't going to apply for the credit since I have enough, but the sales clerk convinced me by emphasizing the no interest for six months teaser. So I filled out the application which he handed me and bought the computer. I've made two payments, but since I moved across country I just got around to reviewing my statements and found finance charges even though I have paid on time and am only two months into the six month promotional period. I called customer service to have the finance charges removed, but they told me that there are actually two types of credit accounts and that I had been given the wrong application. I asked how to get this resolved and was told that there was no way to change anything. I explained being told I was not going to have to pay interest and then finding finance charges was not a good way to run a business. She explained that this was a problem that had been happening, but that there was nothing being done about it. So I have paid off the outstanding balance and canceled the card. I'll probably never buy anything from Bait & Switch Best Buy again. If you do open up credit, just be sure you're getting what you think you're getting.

• Th
    The Customer Apr 06, 2008

I had read that purchasing the Best Buy extended warranty was not really necessary. If the product you had purchased was going to fail it would most likely do so within the first year when the manufactures warranty was still in effect.

Wrong, the Gateway laptop computer I purchased did fail within 8 months of purchase. However Best Buy continues to have you return the product to their service department where no service is performed. After they are certain that the warranty no longer applies, they tell you to get lost. You did not buy an extended warranty and there is nothing else we are going to do.

What a terrible organization, Best Buy.

Danny Oct 10, 2008

On November 2007 we purchase an entire entertainment system, TV, DVD, etc.., at no interest for three years, The salesman at the Florida store, a very nice man, was very helpful in choosing the system.

It is a very well designed trap...

It was very frustrating experience witch added many more gray hair to my head.

shady businness

• Na
    NATHAN Oct 28, 2008

OK THATS FUNNY ALL OF BEST BUY BUSSINESS IS DONE IN THE CONITINENTAL USA LOL NICE TRYING TO SAY WERE IN RUSSIA HAHAHAHAH FUNNY STUFF FUNNY STUFF

Resolved rude employee

After leaving this store I was extremely disgusted and to this day, four months later, I have not returned...

Resolved lack of service on repairs

Thursday, July 24th, 2008: I took my laptop into Best Buy to have them work on it...after all, they sold it...

Resolved rip off

I was speaking to a friend online who told me about a new laptop she bought at Best Buy on sale for $799 I went to look at it on line and there it was on sale at Best Buy for $749 This really aggravated me to see that a store would overcharge a customer and not say the lowest sale price which was current. This friend told me there were many college students buying the same laptop, and i felt bad. I sent my friend an email with a copy of the ad online to show Best Buy that it was their current advertised price. She did get a refund of $53.00. The $50.00 plus the tax. After I encouraged her to go back. I think it’s awful that many others were ripped off and didn’t even know it, and especially young people who are going off to college and have so many expenses.

• Wc
    wcj1920 Dec 10, 2008

Online and the store have two different promotions going on every week. Just like one walmart may have the product for one price and different online or at another store. Best Buy employees are people just like me and you. THEY DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING. Your friend did get there refund of the difference. Sometimes Online is cheeper and sometimes the store is. THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE BEING RIPPED OFF!!!

Dana Oct 29, 2010

I recently switched my cell service to Verizon from AT&T through Best Buy. While in the store, the sales people admired my AT&T Sony Ericsson Walkman phone and suggested I trade it in through their Trade-In program. During the process of switching plans, the salesman tested my old phone, transferred contacts and photo's, etc. Twice during this process, I received calls on the Sony phone.

The next morning, I looked up the information as to how to receive a gift card from Best Buy by trading in the old phone. The online form asked for the make of the phone and model. Walkman was stamped on the side of the phone, though the manual had a number model on the cover; they were essentially the same phone. It asked if the phone was working; yes, as I had used it in the store the day before, did I have the power cords and finally, was there any water damage (no). The only flaw in the phone was the center navigation button was missing the tiny plastic cover; something the store even took note of but said made no difference as the button was functional.

I printed out the quote for $22.00 for trading in the phone and shipped it out. A week later I received a reply telling me that they were giving me nothing for the phone and if I wanted it back, I had to pay THEM return postage and Shipping and handling charges that may exceed $48.00!!! They claim the phone was misrepresented by a wrong model number. As I said, Walkman was stamped directly on the phone and that it didn't work.

I wrote back telling them YES it did work and who were they kidding. There reply was now that it WAS SEVERELY DAMAGED and I still wouldn't receive any credit for it and then rubbed my nose in the fact that they would charge me money to return it.

DO NOT TRADE IN anything to these people. The whole program is a scam so they can resell or refurbish products at a 100% profit. They are liars and cheats!!! I have no problem with the stores; they are upfront and honest but you are sending your items to faceless con men and have no retribution. Let this posting be your warning and PLEASE, PASS IT ON.

• Su
    Summer Apr 11, 2011

I bought a computer at Best Buy and declined all additional stuff they were trying to sell (geek squad etc..). The computer was at $699 and that's what I paid with the Best Buy credit card.
    1 week later, I returned the computr. The CD ROM was not working. Whn I returned the computer, I realized that the sales rep at discounted the computer by $19.99 to add the geek squad for $19.99 so that the price was the same than what I expected but I had to pay for a monthly fee for the geek squad. The Mission Valley manager refused to reimburse me the $19.99 for the geek squd even though I returned the computer (I bought a Sony online instead) and even though I had not ordered that service in the first place.

2 months later, I still have not been reimbursed the $19.99!!! After talking several times to supervisors on the phone, making a phone complaint. I was already told 3 times that the reimbursement has been issue yet the credit card has still a balance of $19.99 that I need to pay if I don't want to be charged interest! BEST BUY=WORST BUY. Will never buy there anymore.

Ah, on the phone, I was told that the store manager should have never refused to rimburse the computer and not the Geek Squad S--- that I never used or ordered!

plasma tv repair

In 30 years as a buying consumer, I have never been so disrespectfully treated by a company or been given the...

computer repair

Took 8 month old computer to Best Buy for repair 8/7/08. Computer not sent out for repair until 8/15/08. Received at repair shop In Louisville on 8/19. Told by Best Buy it was repaired in California and was being returned. Never came. Called Best Buy and was told it was in Louisville as of 8/29/08. Called Mission Control Dept. at Best Buy and was told to go to the store where purchased and request a conference call with the store, repair shop, and Best Buy Mission Control. They refused. I called Mission Control and got the run-around. I think they should have offered me a new computer, and will never understand how Best Buy got to be a Fortune 100 company!! They won't be for long!!

Resolved scam service

I was interested in a portable GPS for my car. I am familiar with GPSs and know that sometimes it takes a...

won't honor the extended warranty

Best Buy won't honor their warranties. We purchased an LG Dishwasher just over a year ago and the extended warranty for 5 years. It broke over a month ago and I've made numerous phone calls but still can't get anywhere with them. They simply don't want to honor the warranty and won't replace the dishwasher. I would never purchase anything from Best Buy again. They should be sued!

joesou Oct 30, 2008

DON'T BUY LG WASHER OR DRYER OR DISHWASHER OR REFRIDGERETOR!!!
    THEY ARE JUNK!!!

• Mr
    MrYoda Nov 16, 2008

They should change their name from BestBuy to BestGarbage.
    thats what my tv is.

Resolved shady practices

I can't believe after spending so much money at Best Buy they could try to rip us off on the extended warranty. I bought an ipod a couple years back (with the extended warranty) and it has broken 4 times. After having the same problem (they said at first three and now it's four) times, they are supposed to replace it with a new one. Well when we go to get it replaced all of a sudden they only show us having it repaired once. FOUR different people 'looked' in their system and said they found nothing. We called corporate and two different people gave us completely different stories and only once we wanted to get their name because it was going to be placed on our report to the BBB did they transfer us to someone who miraculously found our 3 prior repairs. A bit suspicious don't you think? So we go back to the store, and they STILL make us send it out for repair again!! I truly believe they are going to give us refurbished pieces of trash until our warranty expires, they never intend of making good of their extended warranty. MY ADVICE, DON'T BUY THE WARRANTY!

• Dr
    Droobin Jan 20, 2009

I agree that you should never buy the warranty. I disagree with you not calling apple and handling it through the propper channels. But lesson learned. Apple's replacement would have been better than your costly BestBuy warranty and headache.

• Cr
    cruelnumber Jun 23, 2009

One of the problems I see with why all of the repair times were't found by one person is that some of the info may have been in an outdated system that cannot be acessed by whomever you were dealing with. Still a problem with BB?...yes. However, the PSP does state that it would need to have a 'diagnostic check' done by a tech to verify that a problem with the unit does exist before a replacement is authorized. In addition, the unit would need to be repaired again if any of the previous "repairs" had a 'no problem' found diagnosis by a tech previously. Always read your reciepts & service policies no matter where you by them from.

bad company

Why is there not a board that tell of all the great stuff these companies do... I am reading these stories and just have to laugh. I got charged all of this extra interest because I did not pay my bill on time dumba-- no interest for 90days or 12months or 24months if paid in full and min payments are made each month ranging from 1%to 3% of the balance. If payment is missed or later ALL INTEREST FORM DATE OF SALE IS CHARGED I think is cut a dry and is on your statement oh you don't read that stuff well tough you owe... I no the retailer is at fault for you not paying your bill on time... You buy from these companies because they have what you want they did not hold a gun to your head and make you buy. I got a deal I paid less than the next guy I got something for free. I am entitled to pay less than the company paid for that product just because...

• Be
    bestbuy sucks Aug 21, 2008

Best buy is the worst company in the world. I bought a Product Replacement Plan, when purchasing an iPod for quarter of the price of the intial iPod 69.99. Retail price of iPod was 189.99 CND. It was a 2 year warranty plan. My iPod broke 23 months after the purchase date. Screen froze I was so happy I bought the replacement plan. I went into Best Buy, spoke with a rep and she said that they don't carry a replacement plan for iPod but only a PSP, a product service plan. Even though the attached brochure to my reciept said other wise. I asked for a manager. We spoke however he belive and openly said I was trying to scam best buy for a new generation iPod, because I'm returning it on the last month of my warranty, I then asked to speak to the store manager, who wasn't in. I argueed with the a department manager you accused me of trying to scam Best Buy for 1hours, I had told passing by customer how I was being treated, and some actually left the store and other stood behind me, while other ignore it. Another manager from a different department had joined our conversation and ripped up the brochure in half I then got really angry and call the police. The store manager was called, and had come in. Witness has backed up my statement with the officer and I felt since I did pay for that brochure it was my property and it was defaced by Best Buy employees, the store manager/owner had arrived shortly and spoke to me in private, giving me a 300 gift card at best buy, and a free iPod if I dont charge best buy for any crimes. I told him I didn't want a gift card but 189.99cnd plus taxes plus 69.99 plus tax, and 400 dollars. He tried to negotiate against it but final agreed and walked me out of the store along with police and a few customers who had support me. As the police asked if I need a ride home, I said no and gave the money to homeless poeple 50 bucks a piece as i walked down the downtown streets of Toronto until i ran out of the money. Never shopped at best buy again and never will. This includes future shop aswell.

joe Aug 21, 2008

Alright I'll play. This is b.s.

• Je
    Jennnn45667 Aug 05, 2010

future shop is such a scam

bought 170$ in gift cards..went to use them..and were at zero dollar balance...had the recipt and everything but yet they insisted we used them already..even though the number on the back was scatched off by their OWN EMPLOYEE THAT DAY

future shop needs better training, better managment and needs to learn that costumers are their first priority

but then again..no wonder these poeple are working at future shop...their brains are so small they cant get anywhere else in life

Resolved another scam

I purchased a brand new Pioneer Elite Plasma Television for $2, 939.99. It was being held at a Boston, MA store location until I was ready to receive shipment. I came to pick up the television to find the box had been opened and television was removed from the packaging. The sales associate assured me that it was "brand new" and was removed by mistake and was safely put back in the box, which was completely false. Upon further inspection, I noticed the unit was covered in layers of dust and looked to have been handled extensively. I then noticed that the serial number of the Pioneer television did not match the serial number on the box that it was said to come in. The product had been switched! At this point the associates tried to discount the TV as an open item and offered me free screen cleaner to make it look “like new”, which was a direct insult to me given the amount of money I had spent on this item. I refused the offer and clearly & simply stated that I wanted an unopened, brand new Pioneer Elite Plasma television (same make and model or better) that I had originally purchased on 4/10/08. Best Buy/Magnolia Home Theatre relentlessly denied me my right to a new unopened television and flatly refused to ship a new one to me and continued to coerce me into a situation to accept the model that had been opened and switched as my only alternative. After several more failed attempts the next day to get what I paid for, I turned to Attorney General’s office for help. It was only after the threat of Consumer Protection that the Best Buy Manager finally complied and said they were able to locate a brand new, unopened television.

I gave Best Buy every opportunity to solve this issue on site and they chose to use a tactic of trying to wear the consumer (me) down over time to get me to agree to their terms to absorb costs associated with their mix-up.

I am seeking damages associated with the store's questionable activity.

failure of commitment of extended warranty

I had purchased a digital camera along with PSP (Product Service Plan) extended warranty valid for 3 year...

Resolved do not shop there

On May 31st my husband and I stopped by there after work .He just purchased the I-Mac and wanted to add Windows to it. We purchased and left .We made it home late but he was excited so he went to the computer. When I a woke the day he said he purchased the wrong software. He asked me to take it back. On my lunch break I went to Best Buy I spoke with a lady named Tess she said I could not return it so I asked for a store credit of equal balance. She said and I asked to speak with a manger and she nodded her head and said I am a manager to make a very...very. long story short she stormed off(I don't know why) and came back with the customer service supervisor who gave me no eye contact and blurted out "what's the problem». I should have known then that he was of no help but. We have dealings with Best Buy forever. I started explaining what happened and he abruptly interrupted me and said we can't take it back and "If it was important to your husband then he would have came".Ok, As if we still live in the old days and I am incapable of handling buss. For my husband. We exchanged words him being very unpleasant and me saying how unprofessional and rude the whole experience was so I asked for the corporate number so that I can complain and as I left Bill B and Mark (another horrible associate) watched as I called from my car .They were standing in the doorway so it held open and a family was at the door looking out at me and they were all laughing. I called 1-800-BB they said that the D.M.Michelle would receive the complaint but it's not100% that someone would call me. Last week they E-mailed me offering a 50. gift card. I have never ...patronized an establishment where1.The super/manager head no customer service skills2 I have never. Been insulted and humiliated by a company. No one gave ma an option on how to receive my money back. I e-mailed Windows whom by the way are giving me my money back they also told me that it is a North -American 45-Day money back guarantee that no one at Best Buy suggested. Please do not support this company because it doesn't support the working class people who are full time gamers and full time computer geeks. My husband and I pass by so many other stores to patronize this one and because we receive poor service from the bottom we also received it from the top. The beauty of retail is ..There are other stores that carry the same.

Manuel Ferreira Sep 11, 2008

I purchased a 42" Panasonic tv in Best Buy last November and purchased four years service coverage on it. My tv doesn't work and I calles for service a month a go, the first appointment with the technician was cancelled, the second was cancelled and the third time the finally came to my house, 3 weeks later, but still waiting for the part. I spoke with them over 7 times with this isue but no one seem to care. Best Buy Consumer relations department recomended me to request a replacement and I did, but they gave me five days to receive a respond and 11 days later it's still pending. The part is no where to be found. Every customer service tell me a different story and this got me tired. Best Buy is the worse electronic store ever. If you buy from them don't even waste your money buying coverage because they don't even send the're "Gigsquad" to your house if you don't wait 3 weeks after re-scheduling twice. Don't get cut

mobile install

I went to Best Buy to get speakers installed, well six hours later, they could not get my windows to roll up...

delivery/install of appliances

I purchased a refridgerator, dishwasher and stove on April 27th. It is June 11th and I am still trying to get them delivered. I have spent at least 20 hours and made over 40 calls. I did not get call backs from the store department, the store manager, the install department or consumer relations. When I was told to call the supervisor in Consumer Relations back the operator wouldn't put me through! She rerouted me back to delivery. The store said they don't install, the install people said call the store. Customer Service sent me back on the loop. NEVER ANY RESOLUTION. Finally, my appliances are supposed to be delivered Friday, but when I called install to get them installed - yep, you guessed it - call the store, the store says they don't install, call the 888 number. I called Consumer Relations this morning and they put me back to the delivery people, even though I specifically told them I needed the supervisor who asked me to call back if my issue wasnt' resolved! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER ITEM FROM BEST BUY. I have wasted SO MUCH TIME trying to get the appliances I paid for.

• La
    lala3 Dec 18, 2015

I have bought several items at best buy and I do a lot of referrals I buy my stuff frequently and I pay immeditatly just so I can get the rewards for the items, I have talked to the rewards and the credit card company back an forth I just spoke to Mary a supervisor very inadequate supervisor over the summer I called and nobody took notes I have to repeat myself several different times over an over saying I need to talk to customer service on credit when I needed to talk to the rewards and back an forth a dozen times just making myself more pissed because they don't have any real customer service reps I called tonight to find out they have the wrong email and I don't know who's email that is and the last time I spoke to them was in August several times it is in my call logs on my phone for proof and waiting to get my rewards they told me they will send it to me in 45 days and I waited an waited meanwhile I no longer got the best buy subscription and I don't know why that was because I haven't received an asked the manager at best buy that knows me very well and all the staff if they stopped it because I no longer got it I never unsubscribed to it and I have re entered my info to get it still nothing an there is no blocking so I don't know where it is going meanwhile I spoke to mary and she says too bad it has expired it is a lot of money for someone to say it has expired I buy my stuff there just so I can get the points and buy some small gifts or whatever an apply to some laptop or anything in the store and she said that I could try to get it but she said it went to my email well if it never came to my email and if they never send it out an I am not getting anything from best buy for months then I think they should honor this because it is in never never land I don't buy big items for nothing an pay on the same day or just for it to vanish I will be going to corporate they have terrible customer service in repeating yourself over n over again an on hold forever and nobody is doing anything about it I remember last year I bought some stuff and I had a credit of a few hundred dollars and they told me I had to call them an ask them to refund my own money because I overpaid that is ridiculous and now I have to deal with this BS ...seriously get it together !!!

re-stocking fee

Best buy, my foot… Best buy has some bad policies... Normally, I would not share this with...

Resolved customer dis-service

I am bringing to your attention my disappointment with BestBuy reseller as well as Toshiba Customer Service...

salesman misled me

The salesman gave me wrong information on two things, which have taken hours of telephone and driving time to reverse. (1) I asked for an extended warranty and he gave me a form to sign for something completely different. (2) I asked if I could pay by American Express and he said "yes" then had me fill out an application for a Best Buy no-interest payment plan that he said could be charged to my Amex card. That too was bad information. When I called to talk to the store manager I was put on hold for a long time and never got through.

Best Buy is supposed to be all about convenience. My experience is just the opposite. I'd rather pay a bit more and get good service than deal with a bunch of amateurs.

Just noticed Best Buy stock is down 17% in the past 5 months. Wonder why.