Having problems with Best Buy Canada?

8800 Glenlyon Parkway
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

bad computer wont exchange or refund

I bought a Toshiba laptop computer through bestbuy. It turned out to be nothing more than a useless piece of Junk. Yet best buy wont refund my money, they wont offer an exchange... but instead I had to pay out of pocket for them to return it to toshiba and have toshiba repair it which they told me I would get my 35 dollars back that i had to pay up front if the computer was covered by the Manufaturer's warranty.

I found out the computer was covered yet bestbuy would not return my 35 dollars as promised origionly.

bad experience

Before moving to Japan in Oct. 2003, I wanted to get a laptop.

I purchased it from Best Buy and was asked if I wanted the extended warranty for another $200.

Since I was going to be using it in Japan and moving it around, I figured this would be a good and safe choice.

Now, I was concerned if the warranty would be voided if I left the US. But, their warranty was valid internationally.

So, I went with it.

Nearly 1.5 years later I was having problems with it.

I brought it to Toshiba in Tokyo and they took a look at it for free.

I then contacted Best Buy to see what my options were.

My only option was to get it repaired with my money and send in the receipt to Best Buys Warranty Center.

As soon as I got my laptop back from being repaired I sent it out.

I even wrote a letter explaining the details of what happened.

Since I was living in Japan, I asked my dad to keep in touch with them and find out the status of the reimbursement.

My dad could never get a straight answer and people that he had previously spoken to before miraculously "no longer work here".

So, he could never speak to the same person which make him have to start again from scratch.

Some of the employees would say we never got the receipt, while some of them would say your check is in the mail. You should get it in the mail next week.

Needless to say, it never came.

It was for a measly $100 dollars to repair the fan.

Occasionally when I come home for a visit I dare not step into that store.

I will never ever buy anything from them again. That is unless I get my money back. But looking back after 3+ years, I'm not holding my breath.

I have boycotted the store and told all my friends and family to never shop there again.

I hope people realize how screwy these companies can be and reneg on promises made.

If anyone from Best Buy is reading this and would like to get some loyal customers back, please contact me, maybe we can work something out.

• Valerie Oct 28, 2008

Im writing you in regards of my bad experience from Best Buy service, Best Buy customer service. I bought very nice (as I thought) and very expensive Whirlpool washer and dryer from Best Buy store in Madison, WI back in February, 2006. Since then it was like a nightmare for me, my wife and our three kids. Washer had issues with it from the first day they delivered it to my house. Water was leaking and I called technician. It took for him (Tom) to arrive 10 days. He so called fixed it and went away; needless to say it broke again. And I called, and he fixed it and it broke again and again and again. So, 8 times since March 2006 I was without the washer for couple of weeks every time it broke. And, I forgot to mention, at one point water damaged ceiling in my lower level.

Finally, it broke down again on October, 2008. And I called the 1-800-number, and after 46 minutes on hold they scheduled service for October 22, 2008. That is 14 days without the washer with 3 young kids!!! Technician was scheduled to be here in between 8-12pm today, but he never came.

My question to you is: What kind of service is it? You charge that much money for service plan and then what?

I, probably, will never buy anything from Best Buy again.

• Ca
    Captain Crunch Oct 29, 2008

Did you pay anything for any of these repairs, other than the original service plan?

• Bl
    blarblar Sep 15, 2009

Blah blah blah learn how to type. You don't need to be double spaced noob

payments

I overlooked sending my Beat Buy monthly payment, so I went to a Best Buy to make my payment to avoid being...

manager doing illegal things

I was at Cascade Station Bestbuy which is on Airport Way purchasing a labtop. The manager, without my consent ran my credit card to check all my past purchasing history. A few minutes later, the manager comes out and say he cant sell me another labtop because I bought one from a different store in the morning. Isn't that illegal?

• Ms
    ms.you Jul 01, 2009

I'm a little confused to as how that is possible!! They as an electronics store has no possible way to check your prior purchases with your credit card! They can with your phone number and even in that case why would they not want you to spend money in their store! I think you are exagerating a tad!!

credit (household bank)

In 2003, I purchased a computer from Best Buy for a total of around $1, 100 on their "no payments for 12 months" plan. I made regular payments which got the price down to $600 when I lost my job and missed one payment. They demanded everything up front, and of course there was no way that I could pay the full amount, so they (Household Bank) began to add ridiculous fees and interest adding up to about $50 per month. I could do nothing by this time, since they would accept nothing less than the total amount. By the time the total of my bill reached $2, 200 (remember, this was originally $600), they turned it over to creditors, who were willing to make a settlement of $900. I arranged a repayment plan with the creditors, but Best Buy demanded that they extract a payment sooner than my arrangement would allow.

In short, DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER applying for credit with Best Buy, unless you are willing to gamble with your good credit rating. Their credit department is a predatory and vindictive organization that is little better than a legalize mafia.

• Ge
    Geo Feb 19, 2009

The HSBC bank who handles best buys credit cards are the devil. However, any no interest period at best buy, is the same exact at every other store. If you don't pay the entire balance by the end date, you owe all the interest that would have accrued. If you are late on a payments, same thing. It doesn't matter if you are late paying $ .10 they will charge all the interest. This is the same for every single store out there. However something should be mentioned regarding inconsistencies in the charges. HSBC loves to throw extra fees on their bills, that they say they are not going to charge you. I had HSBC remove charges, only to find they put them back on the next months bill. So I call again, "oh sorry sir, we'll take care of that for you right away". Next month... back on the bill. This went on for five months, so I didn't pay a dime. They sent to collections, and it only got harder to justify my unwillingness to pay. Six collections agencies and 1 lawyer later, i finally declared I will not pay any of this bill and the collection agency finally took it as a loss, and i got a $700 oven for free.

backorder

best buy offer is intriguing, but it is "backordered." i have waited for 2 weeks, and they provide zero information on when it would be available. I feel defrauded for a purchase of a product they don't even have. Best buy provides no information when it would be available. Am i supposed to wait a year. for best buy it sounds like it.

• Ta
    tammy May 26, 2009

I was supposed to have my appliances delivered last week but I moved the delivery date up because I was going out of town. I called saturday to see what time they were coming and was told it was on backorder. Mind you I've already been waiting 4 weeks. I called my sales rep and was told by her that they oversold. In fact, my appliances were given to another customer. I used the best buy 18 mos same as cash and have already been billed with a late fee attached. I will never buy from best buy ever again.

best buy refuses to send me the missing parts.

I bought a washer from the Best Buy website and it was delivered without the transit bolts. I called them 4 times and asked them to send the missing bolts to me and they say I have to pay for them myself, even though they are part of the washer. Even the manual says that they are part of the washer. These bolts prevent damage to the machine while it is being transported, and my husband and I have to move every few months coz of his job. We already moved once since we bought the washer and had to pay someone to make temporary bolts for that move. We have no bolts and have to move again in a few months, and this will damage our new washer. It is illegal for them to demand that i pay for the missing parts.

• Sh
    Sheeyah Jun 12, 2009

Best Buy is not responsible for sending missing parts, the manufacturer is. A retail store only sells the product as it is sent to them. The best they could've done would've been to exchange it for another one. However, it's now been used and so long since it's been purchased that you'd have to be very humble to the manufacturer and see if they'll still send you the bolts.

Then again, if you move so often, I wouldn't even bother with a washer. I'd just go to the landromat.

non customer service

We purchased a Samsung Refrigerator in May, 2006 along with the Best Buy extended service agreement. On August 28, 2008 we called in to have them fix the water in the door not working and a loud clicking noise coming from the back. A Geek Squad tech came out and stated the issue and ordered parts that took 2 weeks to come in. The Geek squad tech came back and replaced the 2 parts. The clicking went away but the water still did not work. The refrigerator then developed a water leak. We contacted Best Buy again who scheduled another company (Affordable Appiance) to come take a look. The tech stated that when he arrived the inside back of the refrigerator was broken and the water container in behind that wall was cracked. He also stated that the previous tech had replaced the wrong part for the water and that is why it did not work. He replaced another part for the water. The water still did not work. The tech said he would report the refrig not repairable.

We have now contacted Best Buy 3 times since the last service call. Each time something was missing to address this issue. Each time it was to be 3 to 5 business days for them to respond. Each time they placed on hold then hung up when waiting to speak to a supervisor. They have no way to escallate an issue to someone who cares acording to Dawn in the service call center. Today they declined replacing the refigerator pending the head Geek Squad Tech from verifying the other companies report. Then the request process will start over. It is now 1 month since our original call and the tech will not come out until next thursday. The it will take a few days for them to report on the previous report so we can wait another 3 to 5 days to get an order number so we can get a claim number then get the refrigerator replaced.

This is excessive non customer service and we paid way too much for the extended service agreement to be treated this way. I would not recommend purchasing an appliance from Best Buy and definately do not purchase an extended agreement and do not let a Geek Squad tech service your equipment.

• Be
    Bernie Apr 01, 2009

I brought in my computer for the very first time into Best Buy over at what is Steel Yard Commons in Cleveland Ohio on the day of Monday of January 12th of 2009 for much needed improvement and for enhancement and for virus removal.

The cost of removing computer viruses as was explained to me from a representative of the Geek Squad for my computer was $ 300.00 flat.

Now I had been working a lot for the month of January of 2009. So normally in any given situation of my life. I would never have the kind of dispensable financial resources or excess cash just lying around to just pay this whopping amount for the computer.

However as it relates to Best Buy on this day in question. This was an exception in this instance. I reluctantly surrended my computer with some anxiety and discomforting uncertainty over to the people of Best Buy and to the Geek Squad on that day.

I was also charged the initial amount of $ 300.00 which was not including the 7.75 % sales tax upfront before anything was even done on the computer.

After having written a check. I walked out of the store on that day with the hope of seeing a much more improved and functional computer in the next three to four days later.

In my mind I had wanted to think of Best Buy and the Geek Squad as being trust worthy and reputable and honest and knowledge-able experts trained in their field.

I tried to dismiss my anxiety and distrust, and instead replace it with something more positive and hopeful.

Since this was my very first consumer experience and encounter with Best Buy. I knew nothing at all in that moment on that day of the previous horrible and notorious reputation for that Best Buy and Geek Squad have between themselves and any other of the many unsuspecting people and consumers who come into their store.

I placed my consumer trust into Best Buy and into The Geek Squad and I was later bitterly and wretchedly disappointed in the results.

When I received my computer back after about some four days later.

They put a lot of paper work and receipts into your hand as if to express and demonstrate that they conducted a fair and balanced and a honest transaction.

Reading over the lengthy paper work alone would make an ordinary person’s head spin.

But when finally I took the computer home. I could not really see any discernible improvements at all done onto my computer. The cost of removing the viruses from my computer was $ 300.00 flat.

And the cost of purchasing anti virus soft ware from them which in this case was Kasperky anti virus soft ware for which cost about $ 56.00.

I immediately after wards then took the computer back to Best Buy with all of my paper work they had given me about two days later after I had taken it home for the first time.

They provide a 30 day warranty window of time to cover what ever issues should arise afterwards. Well, 30 days is not very much time for when you work forty hours a week or more. And there are many other pressing demands in life.

So I take my computer back to Best Buy for the second time and I express my dis-satisfaction with them. The person at the Geek Squad pointed out that the computer’s power supply system was not functioning correctly.

This would have been something they should have noticed before from the first time. The fan was not functioning correctly.

Just about this time, all kinds of red flags are coming up every where. I am realizing that I am dealing with very greedy and selfish little weasels.

So now once again about three or maybe four days later. I finally get the computer back on the second time with a new power supply. For which I had to pay another $ 35.00 out of my pocket to Best Buy for.

I was so angrily disappointed and bitter with Best Buy and with the Geek Squad. That had I actually gone back to the store for a third time. I would have been arrested by the police for felonious behavior and conduct. Because I felt that I would not have been able to conduct myself in a self controlled and a law abiding way.

So instead I choose to stay away from the store.

I have warned all of my family and friends and anyone else connected to me in the Internet community to not place their trust in either the management of Best Buy nor in anyone else who works for The Geek Squad.

I will never as a consumer ever again walk through the doors of any Best Buy that exists here in Cleveland but especially true of the store that exists on Steel Yard drive in the 44109 zip code.

I am not the only person who has suffered a bitter financial sting from Best Buy and from the Geek Squad.

There are numerous reports now on the Internet that describe and characterize the poor and the dishonest manner of Best Buy and The Geek Squad that include Cleveland Ohio and many other Best Buy locations.

I would not recommend that anyone in Cleveland Ohio ever put their consumer faith and trust into Best Buy or into The Geek Squad ever again.

If paying a lot of money and receiving no benefit from it and becoming subject to terrible customer service is something you seek. Then Best Buy is the ideal place to find this recipe.

The only thing that I would like back from Best Buy but I know I won’t get back any way. I would like my almost $ 400.00 that I spent on my computer back.

I hope Best Buy will fully reap and sow the consequences of how they have betrayed the trust of the public who pay egregious costs and then walk out the door with no positive benefits or results from that excessive cost they paid.

improperly priced items

I was shopping at Patchogue NY (Store 824)today to buy a pack of CD-Rs. Sitting on the shelf (fronted and faced) were several brands and types. 2 of them were placed above stickers that read $8.99 and they were seperated by 4 or more other products. I took the one set that was a Memorex 50 count CD-R because it would be easier to label as opposed to the Black Memorex CD-R's that were priced just the same. At the register, the plain Memorex CD-R's rang up at $22+. I said to the cashier that they were labeled at $8.99 and she replied, "Oh, that's what everyone says. You have to get the Black ones." I am sorry but by NYS law, if the product is priced as such, the consumer is to pay THAT price. I walked back to get the Black CD-R's and stopped at the Customer Service desk to tell the employee what was going on. She didn't seem to interested in the fact that I had to go back to the far corner of the store to get a product to replace another because their own employees didn't stock it properly. Chances are, at this point, the facings might have been corrected. I did mention that in the stores I worked in (I have 17 years retail experience) that if the product was priced as such, then the customer would pay THAT price. I could have bought up every last 50 pack CD-Rs for $8.99. And that is by LAW. Plus, as an employee, I would have been written up (along with every other employee) for stocking the shelves incorrectly whether I did it or not. It is not as if one or two packs were incorrectly placed on the shelf, but there was an entire facing with over a dozen lined up for $8.99. To make matters worse, the cashier rolled her eyes and told me, "Just get the Black ones." In my years of retail experience, you do not chastise the customer for the store's inadequacy. Nor do you SEND the customer to get the RIGHT product. Either the cashier or another employee goes and gets the product. I am partially disabled. I have permanent nerve damage in my back and legs. Not only did I have to walk to the far reaches of the store once, but twice? All because of employees who aren't willing to help their customers or stock the shelves properly? I was always a loyal and frequent customer of Best Buy, but after this encounter, I am most likely to take my business elsewhere.

• Ge
    Geo Feb 19, 2009

This one is common too. You're right. If it is on a peg hook at that price, and there are multiple of the product on that hook, then that is the price you pay. This is law. Unfortunately, when customers browse, they tend to not put things back where they picked them up. Hence arguable suspicion. Really, for the amount it would cost them, they should have just given you the incorrect price then fixed the isle. But you are absolutely right... Customer service persons at best buy get in trouble if they give too many price corrections. So they often take a chance that it isn't the perfect set of circumstances regarding mislabeled prices.

service rep damaged my laptop screen

I purchased a lap top computer in June 13 06.around March 2007. I brought it in for service the hard drive...

credit card interest rate

Do not purchase anything from best buy on their rewards or finance charge cards!!!

It's a total ripoff. I purchased a $1500 plasma tv back in feb, on their reg finance card. They were offereing a promotion of 6 months free of interest, with minimum payments to be made. I knew after the 6months that I would start to charged interest, but was I shocked to know that the interest was 19.5% + a defered payment charge of $165? So, every payment that I made went out the window & basically I owe as much as I did originally when I made the purchase in feb!!! That's crazy. I talked to the customer service & they basically told me, oh well, you should have read the fine print! Well, I hope they can read my fine print here, because I will never shop with best buy ever again! I put this as a warning to all potential future credit card purchasers as well, dont do it!!!

Danny Oct 10, 2008

On November 2007 we purchase an entire entertainment system, TV, DVD, etc.., at no interest for three years, The salesman at the florida, a very nice man, was very helpful in choosing the system.
    When he was making the bill he ask if we wanted the insurance to protect it in case of fire etc...I always decline that because is covered by my home home owners insurance...

Now here is how I got taken..I set up an automatic payment because I was going to be away for few month, I did not look at the online statement at each month because I TRUST THEM. But after a few month I received a past due notice, I decide to check the bill and find that the credit card (HSBC) had added the insurance I have previously decline. (done without my permission)

As a result they where charging $ 27.00 for insurance plus 39.00 fee for being past due each month that keep adding to my bill... UNBELIEVABLY DISHONEST! I end up losing hundreds of dollars! and on top of that, since I wast "late" on payment the no interest offer was cancelled, now I pay 19% apr...!!! ..BEWARE..!!!

It is a very well designed trap...

I made the call to the card co. and was answered on a very very far away country and it is very hard to make them get rid of that insurance protection plan.

It was very frustrating experience witch added many more gray hair to my head.

• Ro
    ronald chubbs Apr 04, 2010

i wll never shop at bestbuy again they will totaly ripp you off. i was a hundred and sixty dollars from paying my card off. when i checked my account to pay off the one hundred and sixty dollars i found that bestbuy had added an extra five hundred dollars in intrest at 20%. when i called customer service they told me you need to read the fine print. i spoke with a maneger and he did cut the five hundred in half. but the catch is he told me that they are acrueing intrest fees and they submit them when they want . all i can say is best buy is the reason many people have credit problems. i was an eight year card holder of bestbuy and this is how you treat your best customers. will never ever shop there again. r.c.

• Ca
    california707 Sep 07, 2010

i bought a 1200 dollar laptop on bestbuy card, they said no interest for 1 year. after the year promotion they charded about 24.5% apr. basically i paid 1700 for this laptop? pretty weird. i thought it was free interest i didnt know i would be paying the entire entrest for the first year after the first year...

i called customer service (its in india) i asked if i could pay off my old balance without the intresest that was charged. the promotion just ended about 7 days ago thats when i got my bill and saw. the customer service rep didnt understand and was using big words i didnt understand... making it very confusing. i asked for manager ( american ) who understand and was able to take 75% percent of that added interest off if i paid in full... so i did, told the manager to cancel card, cut it up, not shopping at best buy anymore, the end :)

• Be
    BeepBeep May 24, 2011

Best Buy offers a charge card just like places such as Amazon, Fry's, etc. Anytime you get offered free interest for six months no matter where it's from, a furniture store, appliance store, wherever, a year or whatever the case, you should expect to pay "defferred" interest rates as a penalty for not paying it off in the "Interest Free" time frame. That's the whole point of it. Those that pay it off quickly get away with not paying interest, but if you fail to make it you pay the penalty. You should feel lucky they only charged you 19% defferred as the average interest rate for electronics is about 24% and can be as high as 29%. The problem is with consumers like yourselves that don't understand how different types of credit work and fail to read in detail the terms of the credit. If you guy's don'ty know what your getting into, why are you making purchases? I don't get it. :(

return policy - & restock & fee

Fyi... Beware!

Subject: best buys return policy check out 'snopes' and you will find
It is true!! Best buy, my footbest buy has some bad policies...
Normally, I would not share this with others, however, since this could
Happen to you or your friends, I decided to share it. If you purchase
Something from, wal-mart, sam's club, jc penny, sears etc. And you
Return the item with the receipt they will give you your money back if
You paid cash, or credit your account if paid by plastic. Well, i
Purchased a gps for my car, a tom tom xl. S from 'best buy'. They have a
Policy that it must be returned within 14 days for a refund! So after 4
Days I returned it in the original box with all the items in the box,
With paper work and cords all wrapped in the plastic. Just as I received
It, including the receipt. I explained to the lady at the return desk i
Did not like the way it could not find store names. The lady at the
Refund desk said, there is a 15% restock fee, for items returned. I said
No one told me that. I said how much would that be. She said it goes by
The price of the item. It will be $45.00 dollars for you. I said, all
Your going to do is walk over and place it back on the shelf then charge
Me $45.00 of my money for restocking? She said that's the store policy.
I said if more people were aware of it they would not buy anything here!
If I bought a $2000.00 computer or tv and returned it I would be charged
$300.00 dollars restock fee? She said yes, 15%. I said ok, just give me
My money minus the restock fee. She said, since the item is over $200.00
Dollars, she can't give me my money back!!! Corporate has to and they
Will mail you a check in 7 to ten days.!! I said 'what?!' it's my
Money!! I paid in cash! I want to buy a different brand.. Now I have to
Wait 7 to 10 days. She said well, our policy is on the back of your
Receipt. I said, do you read the front or back of your receipt? She said
Well, the front! I said so do i, I want to talk to the manager!. So the
Manager comes over, I explained everything to him, and he said, well,
Sir they should of told you about the policy when you got the item. I
Said, no one, has ever told me about the check refund or restock fee,
Whenever I bought items from computers to tvs from best buy. The only
Thing they ever discussed was the worthless extended warranty program.
He said well, I can give you corporate phone number. I called corporate.
The guy said, well, i'm not supposed to do this but I can give you a
45.00 dollar gift card and you can use it at best buy. I told him if i
Bought something and returned it, you would charge me a restock fee on
The item and then send me a check for the remaining 3 dollars. You can
Keep your gift card, i'm never shopping in best buy ever again, and if i
Would of been smart, I would of charged the whole thing on my credit
Card! Then I would of canceled the transaction. I would of gotten all my
Money back including your stupid fees! He didn't say a word! I informed
Him that I was going to e-mail my friends and give them a heads up on
This stores policy, as they don't tell you about all the little caveats.
So please pass this on. It may save your friends from having a bad
Experience of shopping at best buy. It's true! Read it for yourself!! Best
Buys return policy.

• Ir
    irritated Jan 12, 2009

Here is what I find hilarious that you assume all these things. 1st the product does NOT get put back on the shelf if it was opened, especially not a GPS that could have the customers personal information in it. We have to take time to have it restored to factory, sealed, and they actually get sent back to the manufacturer as we don't sell open gps, ipods, and items that could potentially have customer information on them. 2nd the associate you dealt with must have been a ### because we can give $200 in cash back, anything over $250 in cash/check does come back to you in a check unless you are going to do an exchange. Reason being is we don't keep enough cash in the building to be able to hand that much out to every other customer. I will give you one thing, you were treated like ### at the Best Buy you went to since they didn't explain anything to you. And yes I work for a Best Buy, but our associates explain to you why policies are the way they are, and generally as well for common courtesy, as we truly aren't trying to rip you off, we would void the restocking fee if you were exchanging, as well as if the item is defective (which is not required of us, we choose to do so).

• Dr
    Droobin Jan 20, 2009

Most stores have similar policies. I don't work for Best Buy, but I do shop there occasionally, albeit for accessories, not devices themselves.

• To
    touch Feb 16, 2009

BEST BUY NO MORE WILL WE RETURN~FOR ANYTHING!!!. . . THIS IS THE THIRD TIME WE' HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM!
    FIRST TIME THEY MADE A MISTAKE~WHICH AFTER MUCH ADO, THEY AMENDED~WE FORGAVE THEM; SECOND TIME, CERTAIN EMPLOYEES LIED ABOUT A MISSING ITEM I HAD LOST IN THEIR STORE, WE HELD A GRUDGE AWHILE, THEN AFTER A YEAR THOUGHT OK, THOSE EMPLOYEES PROBABLY HAVE MOVED ON AND BEST BUYS ITEMS AND PRICES WERE LOOKING PRETTY GOOD, SO WE GO BACK. . . BIG MISTAKE~ NO MAS; ADIOS; YASOU; AND NO GOOD BUY TO YOU, BEST BUY~
    NOW WE SAY: HELLO TIGER DIRECT, GEEKS, AND AMAZON. WE ARE YOURS NOW.

• Cr
    cruelnumber Jun 23, 2009

No matter where you shop ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS READ the reciept! There are several store that have a restock fee. When in doubt...ask before you you buy.

fraud and cheating

We bought my grandson an apple I-pod for his birthday about a year and a half ago. The guy who helped us really pushed for an extended warranty. He told us if anything at all happened to the I-pod it would be fixed without question, even if it gets smashed to pieces. Then he said if they can't fix it, it would be replaced, and if the same kind was not available we would be given an upgrade I-pod. Three hundred dollars for the I-pod and sixty dollars for the warranty, which we really could not afford at the time. The pod was recently damaged by a piece of the earbud plug stuck in the pod. We took it back to best buy, they said fine, gave us a receipt marked "no charge" and said they would call when it was repaired. One month later we called them and they said it wasn't covered. after a lot of time talking and the promise of a manager to call, but never did, we called corporate. We got shoved around for over an hour and then was told sorry charlie! My son picked the broken pod up at best buy and left my best buy card on the counter cut in pieces. I will never shop at a place again that practices false advertising and encourages employees to lie about warranties to receive a bonus for themselves!!!

• Pa
    Paul King Sep 19, 2007

Just a warning to those who buy something at Best Buy by opening up credit with them. There were signs promoting six months no interest with new credit for purchasing products over a certain dollar amount. I wasn't going to apply for the credit since I have enough, but the sales clerk convinced me by emphasizing the no interest for six months teaser. So I filled out the application which he handed me and bought the computer. I've made two payments, but since I moved across country I just got around to reviewing my statements and found finance charges even though I have paid on time and am only two months into the six month promotional period. I called customer service to have the finance charges removed, but they told me that there are actually two types of credit accounts and that I had been given the wrong application. I asked how to get this resolved and was told that there was no way to change anything. I explained being told I was not going to have to pay interest and then finding finance charges was not a good way to run a business. She explained that this was a problem that had been happening, but that there was nothing being done about it. So I have paid off the outstanding balance and canceled the card. I'll probably never buy anything from Bait & Switch Best Buy again. If you do open up credit, just be sure you're getting what you think you're getting.

• Th
    The Customer Apr 06, 2008

I had read that purchasing the Best Buy extended warranty was not really necessary. If the product you had purchased was going to fail it would most likely do so within the first year when the manufactures warranty was still in effect.

Wrong, the Gateway laptop computer I purchased did fail within 8 months of purchase. However Best Buy continues to have you return the product to their service department where no service is performed. After they are certain that the warranty no longer applies, they tell you to get lost. You did not buy an extended warranty and there is nothing else we are going to do.

What a terrible organization, Best Buy.

Danny Oct 10, 2008

On November 2007 we purchase an entire entertainment system, TV, DVD, etc.., at no interest for three years, The salesman at the Florida store, a very nice man, was very helpful in choosing the system.

It is a very well designed trap...

It was very frustrating experience witch added many more gray hair to my head.

shady businness

• Na
    NATHAN Oct 28, 2008

OK THATS FUNNY ALL OF BEST BUY BUSSINESS IS DONE IN THE CONITINENTAL USA LOL NICE TRYING TO SAY WERE IN RUSSIA HAHAHAHAH FUNNY STUFF FUNNY STUFF

rude employee

After leaving this store I was extremely disgusted and to this day, four months later, I have not returned...

lack of service on repairs

Thursday, July 24th, 2008: I took my laptop into Best Buy to have them work on it...after all, they sold it...

rip off

I was speaking to a friend online who told me about a new laptop she bought at Best Buy on sale for $799 I went to look at it on line and there it was on sale at Best Buy for $749 This really aggravated me to see that a store would overcharge a customer and not say the lowest sale price which was current. This friend told me there were many college students buying the same laptop, and i felt bad. I sent my friend an email with a copy of the ad online to show Best Buy that it was their current advertised price. She did get a refund of $53.00. The $50.00 plus the tax. After I encouraged her to go back. I think it’s awful that many others were ripped off and didn’t even know it, and especially young people who are going off to college and have so many expenses.

• Wc
    wcj1920 Dec 10, 2008

Online and the store have two different promotions going on every week. Just like one walmart may have the product for one price and different online or at another store. Best Buy employees are people just like me and you. THEY DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING. Your friend did get there refund of the difference. Sometimes Online is cheeper and sometimes the store is. THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE BEING RIPPED OFF!!!

Dana Oct 29, 2010

I recently switched my cell service to Verizon from AT&T through Best Buy. While in the store, the sales people admired my AT&T Sony Ericsson Walkman phone and suggested I trade it in through their Trade-In program. During the process of switching plans, the salesman tested my old phone, transferred contacts and photo's, etc. Twice during this process, I received calls on the Sony phone.

The next morning, I looked up the information as to how to receive a gift card from Best Buy by trading in the old phone. The online form asked for the make of the phone and model. Walkman was stamped on the side of the phone, though the manual had a number model on the cover; they were essentially the same phone. It asked if the phone was working; yes, as I had used it in the store the day before, did I have the power cords and finally, was there any water damage (no). The only flaw in the phone was the center navigation button was missing the tiny plastic cover; something the store even took note of but said made no difference as the button was functional.

I printed out the quote for $22.00 for trading in the phone and shipped it out. A week later I received a reply telling me that they were giving me nothing for the phone and if I wanted it back, I had to pay THEM return postage and Shipping and handling charges that may exceed $48.00!!! They claim the phone was misrepresented by a wrong model number. As I said, Walkman was stamped directly on the phone and that it didn't work.

I wrote back telling them YES it did work and who were they kidding. There reply was now that it WAS SEVERELY DAMAGED and I still wouldn't receive any credit for it and then rubbed my nose in the fact that they would charge me money to return it.

DO NOT TRADE IN anything to these people. The whole program is a scam so they can resell or refurbish products at a 100% profit. They are liars and cheats!!! I have no problem with the stores; they are upfront and honest but you are sending your items to faceless con men and have no retribution. Let this posting be your warning and PLEASE, PASS IT ON.

• Su
    Summer Apr 11, 2011

I bought a computer at Best Buy and declined all additional stuff they were trying to sell (geek squad etc..). The computer was at $699 and that's what I paid with the Best Buy credit card.
    1 week later, I returned the computr. The CD ROM was not working. Whn I returned the computer, I realized that the sales rep at discounted the computer by $19.99 to add the geek squad for $19.99 so that the price was the same than what I expected but I had to pay for a monthly fee for the geek squad. The Mission Valley manager refused to reimburse me the $19.99 for the geek squd even though I returned the computer (I bought a Sony online instead) and even though I had not ordered that service in the first place.

2 months later, I still have not been reimbursed the $19.99!!! After talking several times to supervisors on the phone, making a phone complaint. I was already told 3 times that the reimbursement has been issue yet the credit card has still a balance of $19.99 that I need to pay if I don't want to be charged interest! BEST BUY=WORST BUY. Will never buy there anymore.

Ah, on the phone, I was told that the store manager should have never refused to rimburse the computer and not the Geek Squad S--- that I never used or ordered!

plasma tv repair

In 30 years as a buying consumer, I have never been so disrespectfully treated by a company or been given the...

computer repair

Took 8 month old computer to Best Buy for repair 8/7/08. Computer not sent out for repair until 8/15/08. Received at repair shop In Louisville on 8/19. Told by Best Buy it was repaired in California and was being returned. Never came. Called Best Buy and was told it was in Louisville as of 8/29/08. Called Mission Control Dept. at Best Buy and was told to go to the store where purchased and request a conference call with the store, repair shop, and Best Buy Mission Control. They refused. I called Mission Control and got the run-around. I think they should have offered me a new computer, and will never understand how Best Buy got to be a Fortune 100 company!! They won't be for long!!

scam service

I was interested in a portable GPS for my car. I am familiar with GPSs and know that sometimes it takes a...

won't honor the extended warranty

Best Buy won't honor their warranties. We purchased an LG Dishwasher just over a year ago and the extended warranty for 5 years. It broke over a month ago and I've made numerous phone calls but still can't get anywhere with them. They simply don't want to honor the warranty and won't replace the dishwasher. I would never purchase anything from Best Buy again. They should be sued!

joesou Oct 30, 2008

DON'T BUY LG WASHER OR DRYER OR DISHWASHER OR REFRIDGERETOR!!!
    THEY ARE JUNK!!!

• Mr
    MrYoda Nov 16, 2008

They should change their name from BestBuy to BestGarbage.
    thats what my tv is.