Having problems with Best Buy Canada?

8800 Glenlyon Parkway
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

customer service + warranties

I am writing this in capitals so you can understand that I am at my wits end with best buy, its lack of customer service and poor assistance we have had for the last month plus!
We purchased a computer for my daughter for college from our local best buy, and we bought all the "bessl & whistels" suggested by the sales associate including the warranty for spills, mishaps ect.
In december, right before my daughters christmas break (Who by the way, goes to college 6 hour away) she spilled hot cocoa on her computer. When she returned to rapid city where we purchased the computer, we took it in and were told it would take approx, 10-14 days for repair. It was a "month" before we were called to say it was repaired and we could pick it up. Each time we called during that month-noone told us anything except "well, its usually 7-10 days". Once we went to pick it up and took in all the recovery disks we were told by the store, that it "was not working still". Even though they had replaced the mother-board, and whatever else, I cannot figure out why it was noone in lousiville-where it went to be repaired could not tell it was not working. So much for geek-squad.
In any case, it was sent back "again" and we recieved it back in the store where I spoke with someone named "richard h" who assured me it would be sent 2 day air to your "brookings" store-where my daughter could drive the hour from her college and pick it up. I had asked if "all" the items we had purchased for the computer would be there-microsoft office ect, and we were told the computer would be "ready to use".
Today-after having picked up the computer from your brookings store, she called stating that "she did in fact not have micrsoft office on the computer". She also had to have the college computer staff mess with the computer as the disc slot would not open... So none of us being computer geeks-as you claim to be - are attempting, yet again to give my daughter a "working" computer.
The newest problem is that she does not have micorsoft office on her computer-whihc I was told would be downloaded on again, prior to returning it to her, as we purchased that too!!!
So here is my 18 year old daughter 6 hours away in college attempting to drive back and forth an hour away to get the computer working as she needs it for school.
I have never had to make so many calls ans speak to so many people in one company and yet still have so much unresolved.
I have called about your renting her or loaining her a computer initially as you gave me an inaccurate repair turn-around time-and was told you do not do that-maybe you had better start...
I have called and spoken to managers who were no more helpul than the floor staff.
To say I am dissapointed is an understatement. I will certainly never buy another thing from your company, and I will tell whoever will listen of my issues with this computer problem. Your follow-up and customer care is "uncaring" to say the least.
My husband just called the best buy here and spoke with "cory" who said to have my daughter call him and he would walk her through putting the "microsoft on her computer... After she spoke with him he told her the "product key" she had with the rest of her paperwork (And wasnt allowing her to download it) , that she needed to download a temporary file, and then use the product key... Well, she tried and that did not work either... Thanks a bunch... So now, here we are going on 2 months with no wokring computer and noone giving a crap to help us...
I am done with your company... Be assured you will never get another dollar from us... And be assured that the hospital where I work-where there are thousands of employees will know of your poor customer service and follow-through. I will tell as many neighbors and family as will listen to me...
Thanks for talking me into all the extras that provided her nothing but a head-ache. I would have been better off throwing it away and starting with a company who cares.
Sincerely,

Chanel77 Jan 23, 2011

It sounds like Cory cared and tried hard to help you with this issue that began with your child's carelessness.

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Jan 24, 2011

Umm so why doesn't your daughter ask the college computer staff to help with the loading of MS Office?

rude and degrating manager

I bought two cell phones from best buy (San Antonio) and purchased the black tie protection. I had to file a black tie claim for the phones in December (Watertown) and they replaced them with no problem. They told my wife and I that we had 30 days to test out phones but the cell phone manager Marty said he employees were confused and that they would not honor that. I spoke to him on the phone and he was unbelievable combative and hostile, calling me a liar and belittling me. I have never had an experience like this and Best Buy refuses to replace the phone they sold me that does not work. Tip: Buy your phones from the carriers, not best buy. Buy your insurance throught the carriers; its cheaper and they honor their commitments.

• Ex
    Exhausted in Ocotillo Jun 03, 2016

I more than understand. When I bought a laptop from them, it had to have this and that downloaded into it (they evidently didn't have the model they were selling without all of the extra features). Even after paying the extra and being told I had to come back in a few days and I came back, there was more they tried to push me into buying. I finally got pissed off and started yelling about them doing 'bait and switch', that the computer they had advertised and that I had tried to buy was not what they were selling me. My yelling worked, the extra fees suddenly disappeared and the rude employees became a lot more considerate. But I would never, EVER go back to Best Buy to purchase anything. Their attitude and the rudeness was just the worst I had ever encountered from a store. But from what I hear, this is common at Best Buy's everywhere. And all your complaint will get you is a twenty-five dollar gift card as a consolation. I highly suggest you file a complaint with the store manager before taking anything as consolation for the hell they are putting you through. And I didn't have to be there to get the laptop picked up, my husband picked it up for me (it was in my name). I didn't go inside and start yelling and getting angry till he came out to the car to tell me about all of the extra fees they were trying to tack on.

Marie's Jun 03, 2016

I tryed to pick up my computer this afternoon but it happened to be under my mothers name they told me, after have been waiting in a long line and a employe skipped over me in line and when brought to his attention did nothing that my mother had to be their I said she can't because if her work schedule. Is their any way I can't get it since I am the one who dropped it off. They said no and were very ride worst customer service ever!!! I understand their is a policy but it a computer it's easier to pick up a car form a dealership than a computer really!!?!!!?!??!?
    -pissed off!

refused cash refund

On 19Dec10, I ordered a new TV at the BestBuy store for which I paid cash. They, in writing, committed to delivering it on 28Dec10. On 27Dec10, I was notified that the delivery had been delayed one week. Having failed to conform to their contract, I asked for a refund on 28Dec10. They flat refused to give me my money back and said I had to wait for BestBuy to deliver a check.

The check arrived on 06Jan11; i.e., they kepy my money for more than one week.

the worse customer service ever!

On January 06, 2011 I bought the Precision Acoustics HD45 Loudspeakers 5.1 Speaker Package for the total amount of $525.93 on the best buy website. The day after I received a e-mail from Best Buy saying that my item is on is way and the total amount is $532.44.
I contacted Best Buy and told them that there was a error about the total amount and that I have a copy of my purchase bill and it was suppose to be $525.93 NOT $532.44. They told me that they can't do nothing about it. I told them ... I'll contact my credit card company... I have printed my order when i bought the Precision Acoustics HD45 Loudspeakers 5.1 Speaker Package from your website and the total amount was $525.93 and now I received a email saying that my item is on is way and now the total amount is $532.44. What kind of company are you stealing people like this... you better cancel my order cause i don't deal with company who steal people like this. And make shure the item doesn't show up at my door cause the delivery company will have to bring it back...Thanks for showing me what kind of company BEST BUY is.

sold me a restocked computer and won't take it back.

I was told by the Best Buy salesman I had 30 days to return the computer. When I asked why the box was open...

delivered damaged washer and refuses to fix the problem

Best Buy hates its customers or at least that's the only conclusion I can draw from this month long nightmare right now. My husband and I bought a new washer and dryer from the Best Buy online store. A delivery was scheduled for Dec 13th, 2010. The delivery guys were incompetent and could not find a way to get the washer and drier into my house so they rescheduled for the next week. When they arrived a week later on Dec 20th, both washer and dryer were successfully delivered BUT the washer was damaged and non-functional (the front panel was smashed in and the unit would not even turn on) and thus began our horrendous experience with Best Buy which my husband has been keeping a diary of as follows:

1st delivery - Dec 13 - incorrect measurement, refused to deliver

2nd delivery - Dec 20 - correct measurement, delivered, damaged
Placed 1st Service request on Dec 20 - was promised a callback in 48hrs

Dec 22 - called BB for follow up on previous, found out that a service reuqest was not placed by BB and there was no record of our complaint, this time BB did place a service request and scheduled repair service

Repair Service scheduled for Dec 29

Dec 28 - received call from BB and learned that parts on backorder, AND our washer is now a discontinued item so it is no longer being sold, repair now scheduled on Jan 04

Dec 28 - 4 more hours on phone trying to resolve sooner as we had not done laundry in 15 days
1. called BB and had to leave message
2. finally got ahold of someone at Geek Squad
3. Svc ctr manager Mervin
- very unhelpful, refused to acknowledge reality of situation so I asked for supervisor

4. Mervin's manager Yolanda
- after a very long discussion convinced her to call LG to confirm parts were on backorder
- she was unwilling to do anything else to resolve situation, we then requested a replacement unit
- she dumped me with "a store manager, " at the closest BB

5. Plymouth Meeting PA store, Vincent:
- told us he couldn't help replace our unit because his store did not have it in stock and told us we had to call all the stores to find and talk to a manager at store with inventory
- we asked him to look up other store inventories which he could easily do on his own and found out that the closest store with our unit was 80 miles away
- Vincent transfered our call to this store, Lancaster, PA

6. Lancaster, PA store manager Lisa
- she informed us that she can not ship that far - the deal has to be approved by my local store
- but I just got off the phone with my local store!
- Lisa advised us to call Consumer Relations

7. Mike, Consumer Relations
- promised us he would arrange replacement fast
- promised us the order specialist Tiffany "Goosh" from dot com will respond within 48 hrs

Dec 30th: Ainsley, Consumer Relations
- We called after 48 hrs no contact to check up on status
- found out that there was no record of dispatch to Lisa or Tiffany Goosh to solve our problem
- we requested yet again for a dispatch for defective replacement
- we requested dispatch to dot com supervisor to investigate Tiffany situation also

Jan 3rd: Recvd call to confirm service appt for Jan 04; 2 of 3 parts arrived; 3rd part sched ship Jan 15 (which would mean 35 days of no clean laundry)

Jan 4th: 2 of 3 parts were replaced by Geek Squad Technician, washer now powers on but additional symptoms now appear and so it is non-functional. Service technician Dave recommends replacement; instructs us to call our local store again with our work order number.

Most frusturating and unprofessional behavior yet:
Called Plymouth Meeting, PA Geek Squad, began explaining story, was abruptly interrupted mid sentence and transferred to appliances Erica. I begin explanation again, Erica says I have to talk to Geek Squad. Long hold, then Erica says I have to come to the store in person. I asked why and Erica puts the phone down on table without saying anything. Long wait - someone else picks up the phone, asks if I'm being helped. I say not exactly, begin explaining our situation all over, get interrupted again saying I have to speak to manager. Long hold, finally greeted with no name. Begin explaining, then interrupted for hold. Puts phone on table and I can hear him talking to other people re: unrelated business. Very long wait, then Erica says she cannot help and that I have to call the 800 number for any help and explains that since I bought it at dot com they can't help me. Of course this is not true, there are lots of things they can do to help me. I suggest they do it for me b/c it's been 3 weeks and we have been given nothing but the runaround. She says I will have to hold for manager - I thought that's where I had alread been. Ed Furgeson, store operations manager finally gets on line and will call support to handle it. Ed promises callback. Length of call 40 mins.

It's been 22 days since I've had clean laundry and guess what I'm doing right now? I'm hold with Best Buy, current total wait time: 30 minutes and counting . . . We will never purchase from Best Buy ever again

reward zone points

11-29-2010 I went to Roseville store to buy TV I found the TV I wanted on display in Best Buy store. Salesman...

returning unactivated prepaid phone and airtime card

Tried to return a prepaid phone that doesn't work and airtime card. After walking in the best buy and...

delivery failure

This year for xmas my sister and I decided to get my folks a new tv, they have one of my hand-me-down tube tv's for a few years now and have been tossing the idea of a flat panel around for far too long.

I ordered the samsung-46" class / 1080p / 120hz / lcd hdtv-ln46c600 for 797.99 on 12/4/10 and chose the delivery date of 12/24/10 all options indicated the item was in stock and available.

12/24/10 I wait until 6pm and contact bb got the run around at first, I lost my patience, used some inappropriate language and disconnected.

I called back 20 min later explained my situation best I could and was offered $100 discount and $100 e coupon, the tv was unavailable for delivery at that time, there was a holiday party I had to get back to so I reluctantly agreed to a new ship date 1/3/11 and accepted the meager compensation.

12/25/10 I receive an email advertising after christmas sales, the tv I ordered was now available 30mins away at my nearest bb for 797.99 :smileysad: you can imagine my disappointment.

12/26/10 I called again to express my lack of satisfaction with my experience, the rep could not find any notes in regards to my previous compensation and offered only a $75 e coupon, I asked to speak to a supervisor at that time and was told none were available and they would contact me within 24 hrs.

Appx. 1 hr later I received a call from said supervisor who could not offer more than $110, I then canceled my order.

This was not my first problem with bb, but this will be the last.

Over the last 5 years I have spent thousands on the newest toys, at one time putting myself into serious debt, so thank you bb this will be the last time I shop here.

Guess I will have to re-gift this $50 gift card...

pobarjenkins Dec 29, 2010

Sounds to me like you got over-compensated. To be honest, they should have offered you nothing for using inappropriate language. They should have hung up on you the minute you started to run your mouth. If you had been kinder, then maybe they would have done more for you. There is probably notes in their system that state your childish behavior.

not honoring sales policy

purchased 3 computers for christmas gifts 2 wks ago fr best buy. item went on sale for $50 less. now mind you, i was told by 2 different employees if the item went on sale, i can bring receipt back. so i did today, they would not do it for computers. its a corporate policy. even though they are still in boxes & for gifts. they said it does not apply to computers or phones cuz it mite be outdated or not have any in stock. you only have 14 days after purchase for these items to get $ back. bad policy

refund delay for debit card purchase

I purchased an XBox 360 from Best Buy but later in the week found the same item on sale elsewhere cheaper plus an offer for a free$75 gift card from the other store. I returned the unopened game system within 5 days of purchase and Best Buy customer service gave me a receipt for the refund on my debit card purchase. After a day my bank still did not have the refund and I called Best Buy to ask them why my account had not received my refund. I was told that all refunds take up to 48 hours to be processed. I think this is an unfair practice since my account was immediately debited for the cost of the game system when I purchased it from the store. This is the last time I will ever shop at Best Buy.

retun policy

12/13/2010: I bought a $900 lap top at Best Buy yesterday. When I took it out of the box I saw that the bottom panel was warped. I went to go bring it back today. It was determined to be a factory defect. Best Buy kept $100 of my money since there was a "'service" performed when the geek squad pre-loaded virus protection on it. When a computer is purchased at Best Buy there is an option to buy it already set-up. This is considered a "'non-refundable service" by Best Buy. The right thing to do was to fully refund my money on a factory defected lap top that was returned within 48 hours. I lost that service when I had to return a factory defected lap top so I deserve a full fund. This is a nasty trick done to the consumer. Also it was a HP 6-3155dx/core 13. Letters will go out.

pobarjenkins Dec 15, 2010

Did you try just asking for a replacement?

accused of theft

Went to store purchased camera $650.00 and tv $500.00 dollars. I was sold wrong memory card for the camera. Went back with the cards opened and walk strait through the store to the sales person that helped me . She gave me the correct cards and I looked at some other items. Went to exchange them and when I did they called me upfront and accused me of stealing the cards that I was returning . Basically told me to confess or they would call the police. Because when I went in the store they did not mark it returned and as far as I know there is not a sign telling you to do this. As I was waiting for the review of the store tapes I was standing in the front of the store still be accused of theft because they were stating that they saw me opening the package. No tape found no apology and the worst part still thinking I took the items when I left.

pobarjenkins Dec 15, 2010

Did you bring a receipt of purchase? If not, then it's understandable why they accused you.

pobarjenkins Dec 15, 2010

Why are you double-posting this?

false advertisement

I went to the Best Buy, store number 119, in Costa Mesa, on November 26, 2010 at approximately 11 A.M. to buy some DVDs. I stopped by the computer section to ask the employee if there is any laptops left. Turns out they have a Toshiba C655D-S5089 SKU:1401694 in stock. The employee whose name was John then informed me that there is a service fee of $80 attached to the laptop because of some "optimizations" that Best Buy did. I informed John that I was not aware of said "optimization" on the Best Buy ad, or on bestbuy.com. I also told him that I bought two laptops from Bestbuy approximately six months ago and they were able to take the "optimization" off upon my requests. John promptly told me that the policy does not apply on Black Friday and that if I do not purchase it someone else will. I informed John that what Best Buy is doing constitute false advertisement, this bait and switch sales method is illegal in both State and Federal laws. I ask John that I wanted to speak to the manager. He promptly lead me to a young lady clad in a black shirt that gave a huge attitude toward my predicament. She said if you do nott want it there are others that will take it and then dismiss me. At that point I began searching for the store manager.

I ask another young gentleman what is the store number and the name of manager in charge of everything. He said he can not give out the information. I told him that this is for a complaint and if he does not tell me I will find someone who will. He then promptly told me the store manager is Jason Benze which I soon find out was a lie. I went to the exit toward one of the employee wearing a yellow shirt and asked for the store manager by the name of Jason and he looked completely confused. Another Best Buy representative walked by and identify himself as the store manager, I asked him for his name. The manager told me its Micheal but then pause half way and ask what is this concerning. I told him what I told John and that I will be complaining to corporate. He told me that he will call the manager in charge of computers which has the final say.

The manager identify himself as Nathan Mayers and repeated what John originally said. I asked the manager if the laptop has been open, if not he could just take off the packages. He told me that the laptop has been open to perform the "optimization." I told him that I was not made aware of the condition by the ad, bestbuy.com, or any of the Best Buy personnel. I informed him that trying to sell pre-used items as new without marking it as such is unethical if not out right illegal. If the customer wants the service he or she should be able to opt-in and be informed that his or her laptop will be open and service. He told me service was performed by trained and certified employees. I told him it doesn't matter you can't sell opened items as new without informing the customer. I also asked for the credentials that qualifies his employees to service the computers because now I am worry about cosmetic defects, void warranties, or even the wrong item. He reinstated that the employees are certified by Best Buy and refused to produce the documents that I requested as if I was to take his words as truth. I told him there is nothing on the box to identify who service the computer so when it breaks upon opening who do I blame; what if the employee switch the power adapters by mistake and break the computers; what if the employee installed malware or spyware and steal people's personal information because they did not know that their computer was tamper with by uncertified technicians. I asked him: is Best Buy responsible for agreement with Microsoft and that anything I do to infringe that agreement is actually Best Buy's fault. He became more and more defensive and asked what would I like him to do. I said: since Best Buy did the "optimization" and I do not want it, there is a way to restore the computer to its factory condition by the manufacture either by disk or a partition on the hard drive. I told him I would overlook the opened nature of the laptop and I will not be getting any service that I do not need because of the restore process and I will wait. He told me that it was not possible, you cannot restore the laptop, which I knew to be a complete lie. According to the user manual taken from Toshiba's website1, on this particular laptop on page 59 one can restore the computer to its factory condition. He told me that if I was willing to wait till the end of the day and if no one buys the laptop with the plan he would sell it to me for the price promised on the ad. I informed him that idea was ridiculous, the laptop is on hand, I am here, this store is not an auction site, I should be able to buy the laptop as promised by the Best Buy ad and bestbuy.com. The manager continues to say that it is reserve for customers who will pay the extra $80 fee first, if no one buys it at the end of the day I can have it at normal price. I told him that I will complain to corporate, the FTC, the BBB, Toshiba, Microsoft, and the local new channel. I walked out the store at 1PM.

I understand that John and the Manager by the name of Michael was doing their jobs and was perfectly professional with me, I cannot say the same thing for any other employee I met at the Best Buy store in Costa Mesa.

• Up
    Upset in Simi Valley Dec 02, 2009

We received inappropriate and likely illegal treatment at the Simi Valley store and by the Corporate office phone line. A group of us loyal customers, stood in line in front of the Simi Valley store on Wed. November 25, 2009, until Black Friday, November 27, 2009, in hopes of purchasing their advertised laptop for sale in the amount of $197. We were amongst the first 10 people in line who were guaranteed a laptop. We were advised the store had 40 more laptops on a first come first serve basis. On their website, it stated this was a ticketed item and only guaranteed a certain amount of customers to receive this item.

Come 3 am, when the employees were handing out tickets, we were advised that they were not handing out tickets for this item. One of the employees said the reason was because consumers have until 9 am, once receiving their ticket, to come and pick up the item. This allows them to receive their ticket at 3 am and go to another competitor store and do their shopping there before 9 am. By not ticketing this item, it prevents them from leaving the store, therefore, they will shop and spend more in the store.

We were advised that at 4:40 am, they were allowing the first 10 people in the store so they can be guaranteed their laptop, followed by increments of small groups every few minutes. Upon entering the store, we had asked the manager where could we find the $197 laptops. We were advised and directed by an employee to follow the red balloons and stand in line within the red tape. At 5 am, the cashiers would open and then we would be brought out our laptops. This way the first 10 would get their laptops guaranteed.

Little by little, people were flooding in and grabbing items, while we all just watched and waited for 5 am. At 5 am, we were called up to the register 1 by 1. I was the 3rd person who was to get a laptop and my group followed, along with the other families we got to know by spending two nights out in the cold, camping out in front of the store. When I got to the register I was told that they were all out of the laptops. Of course this caused pandemonium amongst all of us who sat out there since Wed, to be guaranteed a laptop! The management team was so unprofessional and advised us that it was our fault we did not receive the laptop and no one told us to sit out there since Wed. Of course this did not sit lightly with everyone.

The employees kept advising that they only guaranteed the first 10 people and the rest was at a first come first serve basis. We kept trying to tell them we WERE the first 10 people and had been sitting out there since Wed to guarantee our spot. The employees were not listening to us and were very rude and condescending, even one manager, Jason, jumped up on a stool and started yelling at us telling us to get out of the store. It even got to the point where they called the police on us.

Now, while sitting outside the store since Wed. afternoon, we got to know the police in the area. They had patrolled by and kept an eye on us, for our safety. They even would come by and have friendly conversations with us about our shopping spree, family, sports, etc. They knew we WERE the first in line. When the employees told the police of the situation, they just shook their heads at the employees and advised us that we had ourselves a civil action case and suggested we take the company to court. The police knew that some of us missed Thanksgiving dinner with our families to guarantee we got a laptop, as a Xmas gift for our children. We can not get that quality time back. Needless to say, the police were on our side and therefore, they just left the store.

A teenage boy who was standing in the line behind us for 2 days, happened to be in the area where they had the laptops and saw people who were at the end of the line outside, grabbing the laptops. He was lucky enough to grab one. He came over to where we were and heard the commotion. He knew we were outside the store for several days, he handed the laptop to a lady who was one of the first 10 people. He knew she should have received a laptop. This teenage boy knew Best Buy was wrong and that this lady should be getting this laptop, not him. For a complete stranger, let alone a teenager, to recognize that Best Buy was in the wrong, was just very upsetting and shows how their company has lost compassion for the American consumers!

When this lady went to purchase the $197 laptop she was promised was the price from Best Buy's advertisement and what was tagged right on the side of the laptop as $197, the employee tried to charge her $297. Again, we all were upset because this was not the price the advertisement announced. The employee advised us that they had optimized ALL the laptops, which is $100 extra, and if she wanted to purchase the laptop and walk out with it that day, she would have to pay $100 extra.

WHAT???!!??? Where in their advertisement did it say, "$197 laptop, $100 optimized - out the door $297". This is plain and simple FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!! This was a scam by Best Buy!! Again, we were trying to argue this amount with the employees, which got us NO WHERE!

We were again told several times that it was not the company's issues and if we had a problem to take it up with their corporate office. When asked for the number, The store manager, Adelyn, rudely stated the number out loud and told us to leave. I had asked her to write the number down as well as her name. She rolled her eyes at me and wrote the number and her name on a card. She wrote her name so sloppy that we could not even read her name. She again told us she was not going to do anything and to leave the store. Of course we were very upset and appalled at the treatment we received from a well known store like Best Buy. We were treated like criminals and forced to leave the store.

We sat outside the store, trying to get a hold of the corporate office and were hung up on. We called back, and were advised it was not their issue, we had to handle it with the store. We even asked them what was the purpose of their corporate office, if they do not handle situations like this. We were even accused of being liars. After all this repetitive abuse, we decided to take matters one step further. We NEEDED someone to listen to us.

The family behind us, knew of a corporate attorney. She got on the phone with him and he advised us we had a class action case against Best Buy since there were several families involved in this matter and we had a store full of witnesses. Which by the way, these witnesses were pretty upset as well at the treatment we received and how this whole situation was handled that they provided us their contact numbers so they can be a witness if we needed them to be. The attorney advised he would take the case and file a class action suit against the company on ALL of our behalves.

We wanted to try to give Best Buy a chance to settle this without going that far. We were not looking to cause trouble, we just simply wanted to resolve this issue and receive an apology for the treatment we received. Again, we tried to call corporate. I spoke to a Shirley. Shirley had called the store to try to get their side of the story. She stated the manager of the store's name was Adelyn. She stated that Adelyn advised her that I had gone to another department to get another item, therefore I lost my place in line. Adelyn also advised Shirley that they only guaranteed the first 10 in line. Shirley got back on the line with me and told me what she was told by Adelyn. Now, this was very upsetting that Best Buy would hire a manager who would lie and try to turn things around like this. This not only makes her look very bad, but this is also a reflection on the company, especially with Adelyn being the store manager.

First of all, Adelyn did not know who was calling and complaining. There was a group of us who were there, we were all upset and we all got on our cell phones to complain to corporate. There is no way she would have known who was on the phone since she never once asked our names to identify us. The only way she would know I went to another department to get something else is if ALL 10 of us who were let in first, went to another department first together to get something else. Which of course was NOT the case! Shirley then advised me that it now turns into Adelyn's story against mine. I had advised Shirley that I know for a fact that I was not the only one calling in and complaining and the others would have the same story as I did. Shirley told me that no one had called in and there are no complaints against this store. Which again was a lie because I was standing next to someone who just got off the phone with corporate with their complaint and there were several others right next to me on their cell phones with corporate as well. I advised Shirley it was not my story against Adelyn's. I told her I know you guys have cameras in your store and if she wanted the truth to pull the video tapes, which will show we went up to the manager and we were directed to stand in a line within the red tape behind the cashiers. I advised Shirley that we had contacted an attorney, as well as the media, and I was calling to give their company a chance to try to resolve this matter before we were to meet with the media that morning. I was then advised by Shirley to do what I feel like we needed to do because there was nothing she could do to help me.

We met with Fox Channel 11 news, in front of the store, a half an hour later. We all expressed our concerns and complained about the customer service and treatment we were provided. We also expressed our concerns on the company's false advertisement. This was fraud, a scam! The news interviewed the store manager, Adelyn, who stated unfortunately they did not have any more laptops to provide us, but in exchange, they would provide each of us with a $200 gift card and a discount on another item in the store. The representative from Fox news approached us and advised us of the offer from the store manager and then left.

When the group (the 8 of us) approached Adelyn to accept her offer, she then told us that she was not giving us each a gift card, she was just going to give one gift card in the amount of $200. This was ABSURD!! AGAIN, we were lied to by their employee, a manager at that!! We, of course argued again with Adelyn and advised her that we did not just stay 3 days and 2 nights in front of their store just for a $200 gift card for the 8 of us. We each were purchasing a laptop. All 8 of us did not stand in line just to purchase 1 laptop!

After a while of complaining to Adelyn, she told us this was all she was going to do for us and we were not going to get anything more out of her. Adelyn advised us to deal with corporate. She stated that by us complaining to corporate, they can do more for us then what she could. Adelyn finally said she would just give two $200 gift cards to two of us and the rest could buy something else at a discount and then work it out with corporate to get something from them.

I was very upset and to the point where I refused to purchase another item from Best Buy! Regardless of how good the deal was, I was NOT going to contribute another penny to a company who has NO respect for their faithful and loyal customers! Therefore, I was NOT going to purchase anything else for a discount. This whole thing has been a scam to rip off the American Consumers!!

We called corporate again and advised once more of the whole situation, and were told there was nothing they can do and it should have been handled in the store with the manager. Corporate even got Adelyn on the other line so they can hear from Adelyn what she wanted them to do for us. Adelyn stated that she did not know why we were calling and she already gave us a discount and gift card. We reminded Adelyn that she was the one who told us to work something out with corporate because she could not give us all the $200 gift card. Adelyn denied ever telling us that. We kept advising her of the whole conversation that took place in the store to refresh her memory and reminded her that she told us to deal directly with corporate to get this issue resolved.

We have gotten nowhere with the corporate office and with the Simi Valley store management. We wrote a letter to the CEO of Best Buy and are hoping they provide us the $200 gift card and discount for another computer, that their manager had promised us on TV. We are still pending the results of this letter. I am so disappointed with Best Buy and I am hoping the CEO can restore my faith in this company. If not, I will boycott Best Buy every chance I get!

Jaz Mar 24, 2010

Went online to check to see if they had a Sony Walkman Radio in stock at their Best Buy near me. Bestbuy.com says available at such and such store near me...get all the way there, and the woman says "oh no, we don't have any of those, that would be too hard to find" [insert eye roll]. Do not advertise that it is available instore when it isn't. You wasted my time just to get me into the store to possibly buy a lesser brand Walkman so I would at least walk out with something..fail.

best buy rewards are a scam

I have a certificate of $10 and another one of $5 that I am trying to use to purchase a movie that cost $9.99''home of our own''. Unfortunately, because of your messed up way of doing business and being very tricky with you customers I cannot purchase that movie even if I was to spent $15 on a movie that cost $9.99 and lose $5.01 . I been looking for an hour on bestbuy.com to find something that will even to $15 but of course YOU made sure that I wont find anything! You guys are absolutely ridiculous and because of this I will never ever buy a thing from your store again.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!!

• Ki
    kimber31 Jul 08, 2011

how about starting a class action law suite. im trying because i cant even get my $55 rewards points. ive been trying for 5 months now and $10 have expired and i think their doing on purpose now.

• Ac
    a critical mind Jun 16, 2015

Whats the matter with people like you. As long as the total purchase is $0.01 before tax more than the rewards points/gift cards you can use your discount. If you insist on using all $15 credit in one purchase, and want to purchase something that is $9.99, then you can simply add any other item that is at least $5.01 to your order, and problem solved. It doesn't have to be only one item, and you don't have to use only one brain cell.

defective products - won't replace

I purchase an LG washer and dryer at Best Buy. After four months, the dryer broke. Wouldn't power up (fancy model with bells and whistles). A machine four months old should not break and should replaced. Although I was on the phone for 5 hours with their Cust. Service and "Consumer Affairs" I was still forced to wait three weeks until they received a part and had their contract service come and fix it. With three kids that really sucks.

webroot spysweeper with antivirus product

I bought a Toshiba laptop and it came with a free 6 month Webroot Spysweeper with AntiVirus Product. I wasn't going to use it however I just took the CD (never installed it on my system either). At the checkout, they needed my card to activate it (in hindsight I never should have swiped my card, so I can see being flamed for that, but I figured "I will just call and cancel it" and be fine) and then I paid for the laptop.

Fast forward three months later, I call the 800 number and cancel the subscription for it so my card would not be charged $41.99.

Forward three more months later, I notice during a check of my checking account, that there is a $41.99 hold on my funds. I look and see its from Best Buy (whom I canceled the subscription with three months prior!). After being on hold for at least ten minutes, I finally got to talk to an actual person. I told them about the situation and that it "will be canceled and refunded". A week later it was not refunded so I filed a dispute with my banking institution.

geek squad/camera repair

I had to take my daughter's camera in for repair. I was told I could have the camera shipped to another Best Buy location when the repair order was complete. I was in Lincoln for a family event and this is why left it there. I figured once the camera was fixed I could have it shipped to Omaha or Sioux City. I called the Lincoln store and I asked if I could have the camera sent to another Best Buy that is closer to me and I was told no. I have to go to that store to get the replacement because the original repair order was done at that store.
I get so tired of these companies who tell you one thing and then someone else says "oh no that's not correct, this is how we do it". I have worked in retail for many years and I understand there are certain procedures that have to be followed, but come on, it's a phone call to another store for them. Now instead of driving 1hr, I have to drive 2.5hrs. I won't be doing business with Best Buy again.

online order & delivery

I purchased a washer on Best Buy website for what seemed to be a good price, the only drawback was this item being a special order with unusual waiting period before the item would shipped.
After waiting for more than 2 weeks for its delivery, I've decided to call their "customer service"
I have been dealing with useless representatives on the phone for the past 5 days now to find out the status of my order, it is the same ordeal over and over every time you call:" We need the order # and your name and your address, blah, blah, blah"
And every time they come back to me with pretty much nothing like oh it shows your order has shipped and you should be getting it soon, the delivery company will be contacting you soon, it shows in our system that this item has been delivered(!), the list goes on and on and on with the clowns on the phone.
When I tell them that being without a washer for 3 weeks is not fun and I want to cancel the order to go directly buy one at the store, they say I will be charged a 25% restocking fee!!!
WTF!
What a joke of a company all together, these people take your money and could care less about what goes on afterwards!!!
Stay away from online orders altogether or you will be sorry.

laptop has been returned to emachines 3 times for overheating and crashing

Bought laptop and extended warranty from Best Buy. Laptop has been returned to Emachines 3 times for overheating and crashing.

When extended warranty ended, took it to Best Buys "Geek Squad" to fix broken usb ports and overheating under their PSP/warranty program. "Technician" said that it was covered. Next day he called and said it had to be shipped out for motherboard replacement. Weeks later got a call from another "technician" who said that usb ports were not covered and would cost $600 to repair. I told them I did not intentionally break any parts of the machine and that I had been told it was covered under the "normal wear and tear" part of their warranty.