Benton Financial GroupSCAM

K

Beware of this company. They operate under different names but this is the main one now. I received a call from a Helen Ward telling me that I was approved for a 8000.00 loan - I have bad credit and have been scouring the internet looking for lenders who loan to people with good jobs but bad credit. She stated that I was approved by a private lender - they tried to get me approved from banks but my credit was too bad. She then asked for my email address and sent me a really legitimate looking loan document. There are a couple of misspelled words and words that were grammatically incorrect - so that got me suspcious. The number they called me from and the number they gave me to call back was totally different. Their address in Fargo is actually a vacant office building. She then stated that even though I was approved, I needed to send 1100.00 dollars which was like a security deposit so the lender will grant the loan. She said after I send the money, the lender will electronically send the 8000.00 to my checking account and that the 1100.00 acts as 5 payments, so my payments will start in November. Oh, and also the wonder interest rate is only 8.5%. I did not send the money and will not - please beware - this is a scam - I can't find this business anywhere and there is also another person that was contacted by them also. Thank GOD they didn't send that money. Don't do it - it is too good to be true.

• De
    Deborah Duffin May 28, 2009

This is untrue! I received my loan with the exact process as this lady stated above! I recommend this company to anyone with poor credit! I had to secure my first 5 months down of $1142.00 and I then next day I received my check! iam actually starting to repay the loan back ! This is wrong that you come on the internet and blast people like this! shame on you

• Ki
    kitty Jun 07, 2009

i got this and the people was legit some people need to realize that if you have bad credit you have to have collaterl but if you mak payments up front that a good sign. so if you that dumb you wont never get a loan. they help get loans there not a loan company. atleast they help other people dont help. Put God first and ask him to lead you praise those who help you.

• Ge
    getHelenWard Jun 09, 2009

Benton Financial Group is a scam Helen Ward will be dealt with and u people on here probably her or work for her so quit commenting cause you know that is a scam trust me i know it is but its going to come to an end cause you got a good friend of mines so i gotta get you well connected.

• Fi
    FindHelenWard Jun 14, 2009

Helen Ward and Benton Financial Group is a scam. Did you know that per the Better Business Bureau "Were you asked to send a "collateral payment" before you receive your money? It is illegal in the United States to ask for money in advance of a promised loan. Typically, the scam artists ask you to wire these payments to Canada. Unfortunately, the loan funds that were supposed to be electronically deposited into your account never arrive." www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/.

This company is not accredited by the BBB.

BE AWARE...

• Mz
    mz trust everyone Jun 16, 2009

this is so true i got scamed by this company on may 26, 2009 i called over and over again helen was never in the office i was suppose to receive my 805.00 pluse the moneygram fee never recived it i hope you'll catch her cause people dont deserve this times are to hard i didnot have it to give

• Si
    sisternlawthatcares Jun 16, 2009

this is a scam!!! my sister in law sent them the 805.00 they ask for please the processing fee. it is wrong to do people like that she is now in a world full of debt and overdrafts. they put the money in the bank they bank put a hold on the check for two weeks. then the money disappears. please dont fall for this scam!!!

• St
    step Jun 22, 2009

I was scammed also I am in the same boat as sister in law and mz trust everyone. Now I am in the hole and don't know how to get out. I didn't recieve my loan nor my refund. I have gone to BBB and other companies that are trying to help. I wish you were here before I did this.

• St
    step Jun 22, 2009

I need to add my person was Rhonda Morre and I also talked to a Miles who was a woman then they told me it was a guy bu the name of Miles. Non of which retuned my calls to this day

• Gl
    glesa Aug 20, 2009

Benton Financial Group is a scam this people rob me; I’m a hard working women, single mother I did not deserved this. I put my trust on this people and got rip-off. Helen ward is going to get hers I hope she burn in hell. I pray for her get couth and send to prison. God don’t like ugliness and she can't go around robbing hard working people and expect to get away with it.

• Gl
    glesa Aug 20, 2009

Benton Financial Group is a scam this people robed me; I’m a hard working women, a single mother I did not deserved this. I put my trust on this people and got rip-off. I received a call from Helen ward after I applied for a loan online with Benton Financial Group. She told me that I was approved for a loan of 6, 000.00 dollars asked me to send 750.00 dollars as a deposit because my credit was bad to Canada by Money Grand and I did it. She told me that the money was going to be deposit into my checking account the same day it never happened. Now she doesn’t answer my calls, I left her several message she never returned my calls. She and who ever is behind this is going to get theirs, I hope they burn in hell. I pray for them get couth and send to prison. God don’t like ugliness and they go around robbing hard working people and expect to get away with it. I keep asking myself the same question over and over, how could I have been so stupid to believe her. I learned my lesson the hard way but I really whish there was something I could do to stop them from robbing hard working people like me.