bentley travelscam artists

R

Bentley travel used to be five points. please read all the complaints involving five points. This is why they changed their name. Their presentation is too believable. Many of us have fallen for their scam and are out thousands of dollars for a product that does not exist. They are mail frauds and and fraud by deception . I hope people will read the complaints before attentding their presentation. They do not return money and it is a bogus operation that should be under investigation and shut down.

• Je
    Jeannegirl Apr 22, 2009

Is this company a distributor of DVI too? Dream Vacations International? I am a member of this vacation club. I was looking for their website and found these complaints. I have to say i have used the membership and they saved me 2300 on my first trip! I don't know if this is the same company but are you a member? did you try to use the membership? I had some questions about the contracts and things myself all of which were answered. Am I one of the only people that loves my membership? I sure hope not!!!

Lana Apr 22, 2009

I would like to believe that all is true. Please explain in more details about your membership, and how did you get to use them. I sent many vacation requests to DVI and did not get any response back. Please explain.

• Ri
    RIPPEDOFF May 05, 2009

LANA, YOU CAN'T BELIEVE THAT COMMENT. IT'S COMPANY POLICY TO HAVE EMPLOYEES AND MANAGEMENT WRITE POSITIVE COMMENTS ON THIS SITE. DISPUTE YOUR CHARGE ASAP! THESE PEOPLE ARE RUTHLESS SCAM ARTISTS. THEY'VE CHANGED THEIR NAME 3 TIMES IN THE PAST 2 YEARS AND HAVE HAD COUNTLESS OFFICES AS "COMPANY HEADQUARTERS."

Lana May 05, 2009

Thank you Rippedoff. I know they are scam. I filed every possible complaint, but still did not get my money back. It is amazing how hard is to prove a fraud and scam.

Lana May 07, 2009

I filed complaint with the BBB requesting money back and no results. No response from company ( Five Points Travel ) and complaint closed after a month.

• He
    Henry G May 18, 2009

I received a letter today and agree that it is an obvious racket that should be put down. The salesman read from a sophisticated algorhythmic sales pitch, coordinated to respond to any question or inquiry I might make. The New Jersey attorney general should really investigate this company -- no phone number available -- located, he said, at 4 Century Drive, Parsippany NJ. I welcome any investigators to join me in probing them.

• Ca
    Cal May 31, 2009

Sounds like the same come-on we got from a different company in Branson, MO (although we got some free show tickets for attending the "90 minute" sales pitch). As we kept saying no, the price of membership dropped from about $9000 to around $1500. I left there asking myself, "what was it really worth?" When I called Bentley, after receiving their come-on letter, I flunked the second question in the interview-- Was my income more than $40, 000? Since we are retired and are living on savings, I had to answer "No", she politely terminated the interview! Looks like they are just after the money!

amanda Jun 02, 2009

I wish i had told them my income was less than $40, 000. I was conned into buying this "vacation package" with the promise of free trips, discounted "member" rates and prices, free airline and rental car vouchers, and no interest for 3 years. even after calling the credit card company the girl actually said "yeah, you are screwed"!!! everytime I have called the company Bentley in Parsippany, I have been hung up on, told to fax a letter, asked for a phone number and never called back, told no one was going to take me seriously. All three of the things promised to me proved to be a scam. In fact, after doing research, i found that Dream Vacations Interntional, Bentley travel, Bank of America, Mastercard, and other parties involved in this scam are being sued by other pissed off people who were conned into buying into this horrible hoax. People have reported that the membership rate is actually higher than that of Travelocity, Orbitz, and Hotwire. Please stay away and dont believe anything you hear. These people are ruthless and disgusting. I would really do anything at this point to get my money back, dont fall into this too!!!

• Du
    dunkirk Jun 04, 2009

I was able it get my money back. My wife and I got sucked in last Saturday and I didn't have a good feeling about it after we left. I checked this website and found what a horrible mistake we had made. I went back one hour later (while there was another sales meeting going on) and freaked out demanding a void sale. They complied with no problems, but I think that it was only because there was another sales pitch going on and they didn't want me to interfere with the next batch of victims. So if anyone is looking to get there money back go there when there is another sales meeting. Its a very busy place anytime after 4pm.

NJbuyerneedshelp Jun 05, 2009

Has anyone else tried what dunkirk did and/or received any monies back?

• Sc
    screwedover Jun 08, 2009

i just got a letter adressed to my ex girlfriend and being a suspicious person who has had his identity stolen once before via ebay, i am whole heartedly supporting your cause. when i called, i gave them no information as to who i was, and they magically new exactly what i was talking about, and to boot, just wanted me to refer someone else over the age of 25 who makes more money than me. and i will get a free flight pack. don't trust them.

amanda Jun 08, 2009

i love how they say you have to be 25 but i am 23 and they still took my money!! i wonder if i could use that to get it back...?

• Re
    Retired Jun 11, 2009

Thanks for all the comments on Bentley Travel. Glad I checked this website before keeping my appointment for their sales pitch.

NJbuyerneedshelp Jun 11, 2009

All this story aired tonight 6/11/09 on fox 5 news with Arnold Diaz... check it out. The attorney general also filed a complaint. Let's keep up the pressure and maybe we will get our money back..

amanda Jun 12, 2009

So I went this week, apparently right before or right after Fox was there, and demanded my money back. My boyfriend is rather intimidating and I suggest bringing someone like that with you. I also had done A LOT of research and had some "bargaining tools" (their words) along with printed flyers I was ready to post all over Sylvan Way, Century Drive, and the whole damn complex. I was given a signed letter stating I WILL have my money back by July, 9... and if I dont so help me god...
    One of the most assinine things of the whole experience was showing their "regional director" the card of our sales rep, with the name "Dan O'Reilly" written by him on it. The guy says, "oh you must have purchased your package a while ago, Dan O'Reilly was a young intern we had here a couple years back." when I informed him it was purchased in April 2009 by an older Dan with white/blond hair who talked of retirement and a daughter, he informed me his real name was Dan McGowan and he had given me a fake name. Of course now who REALLY knows whos name is real or not.. but just something for all of you to think about... maybe thats why YOUR sales person seems to just have disappeared into thin air... because they werent real to being with!!!

Lana Jun 12, 2009

Does anyone has idea if we have any chance to get our money back?
    Amanda, please keep us posted about your refund.

amanda Jun 12, 2009

Hopefully the law suit will pass as a class action, and until then I suggest going down there and flipping out everyday until it happends. Will do Lana.

Lana Jun 12, 2009

Thank you Amanda. I do not have time to go down there, I 'll hope for class action . We had same sales person. What a "nice sweet guy". I purchased my " package of bs" back in February. I called him in March, and he told me that he is no longer with company and that everything is scam. And if he got you in April, he was still with company when he was telling me that everything is scam. What a character.

amanda Jun 12, 2009

Lana, did he tell you his name was Dan McGowan when you purchased? and he actually TOLD you it was a scam?! he gave me what he said was his personal number but just another line to the Bentley office. Of course all those times I called and asked for Dan O'Reilly I was told he was no longer with the company, which obviously he wasnt cause he was just an intern. I bought on April, 16th so yeah he is a piece of [censored].

• He
    Henry G Jun 13, 2009

It would be wrong to advocate violence or an attack on the place of business. It's unfortunate that dealing with them is such a frustrating experience and that law enforcement has been slow to respond. The risk is that sooner or later, some victim may feel it necessary to take matters into his own hands. If that happens, I hope the authorities would understand the provocative nature of the scam this enterprise has engaged in.

NJbuyerneedshelp Jun 15, 2009

My wife went there demanding her money back as well, and after more b/s talk, Zach told her, the judge THREW OUT the case, this is the NEWER scam they are telling people...she got a hold of some arrogant Jack A** I've spoke to several times on the phone who says he's the Director, the VP and other people gave her a signed letter saying we will get a refund in 30days. BOA is actually pushing back on us, we've disputed the charges and they are claiming we owe. We believe they are in on it also. check out these links. Also, she was able to save 2 couples, as they were walkin in, she told them the scam and gave out the articles and they left.. meanwhile she told me the presentation was in FULL EFFECT ... as she even witnessed Zach paying people to pretend they are happy customers. There are people sitting in the audience that are part time, per diem employees to help pretend and sell the scam. Please let me know if anyone actually receive there cash and what did they do.

• Ha
    hate5point Jun 17, 2009

Well they cleared their crap out of Parsippany today. Daryl Turner made an appearance. I have a feeling that Daryl has a friend at BOA who is aware of the situation/scam. Becuase they are giving instant credit to people without checking their credit rating in the tightest credit market ever. So that means one thing to me, Daryl has a friend on the inside of BOA who is running a small fiefdom in some region. So the only way to get Daryl out of the money is to find a senior level person at BOA and let them know what is going on. I would call channel 9 or Shame on You and have them follow the money. Because once they find out who the person is at BOA who has opened up the money pipeline for Daryl than that person will be fired and Daryl will have one less way of sucking people dry.

• Co
    cormorant Jun 21, 2009

I may be on the verge of getting my refund after four months of effort. It was an arduous process, perhaps prolonged by my overly calm, polite nature. Apparently one gets faster results by going berserk.

Everyone, whether you got a refund or not, should file a complaint with the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs: [protected]. You must call this number, and explain (slowly and clearly) which case you are talking about. They may have to shift you to their Camden office. Eventually you will get a nice woman named Mimi, who will send you the proper form. She told me that they have been inundated with addition complaints once the case hit the news. Do not imagine that you are alone!

The state case against this travel scam is very much alive. However, you can file your own suit: if you lost more than $3000, you must file in the Special Court in Morristown, NJ, at the County Hall of Records. Go to Room 227. They have all the forms, and they will show you what you must fill out. It you go to court, chances are very good that the travel-scammers will not even show up. Or, if they don't answer the first notice, the case may be declared in default even without a court appearance. When that happens, all you will get is a computerized post card saying that your case is in default. Then you must immediately copy your receipts and your complaint statement (these constitute your "proof"), and go back to Room 227 to apply to have the court make a default judgment in your favor. It only takes a few days then before you get a second postcard saying that you have won a default judgment.

Then comes the problem of collecting. You have an advantage, now, though, because the travel-scam is now your debtor, and you have certain rights. You can research their operation, for example, because it is part of your attempt to collect. You can legally snoop around. You can visit their office (wherever their new one will be), repeatedly dunning them, and asking for your money. They can give you a hard time, but they cannot have you arrested for trespassing as long as you are there for a legitimate business purpose. They prefer that you not come when they are preparing for one of their presentations — which means that that is the best time to show up. Take a camera, and take notes of everyone you encounter and talk to. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Also available from Room 227 is a handy little pamphlet "Collecting a Money Judgment." It tells what you do to go after the debtor (in order to recover your money). The people at the courthouse may tell you that you have little or no chance, but it all depends on your persistence. Pick which strategy you want to use from the pamphlet, and follow all the directions to the letter. Don't be surprised if the debtor/scammers ignore your efforts, but it really gets to them. They are hoping that you will get tired and just fade away.

You can also call the travel club's lawyers in Philadelphia: call Rich Gallucci at [protected]. It is hard to get through to him, but when you do, explain that you have a judgment against their client, and you would like them to settle. I suspect that this helped me, because they are in enough legal trouble now that their lawyers probably are telling them to clear all the pending judgments.

When you go to Room 227, you can also ask to see the filings of other people against Five Points Travel or Bentley Travel, and you might try calling some of those people if you think that it would be a good idea to join forces. I think that several couples walking into the new travel office at about 4:15 pm, just as they are receiving new "marks, " would be a very effective way to get their attention. Or another idea: you could have a different couple drop in each day, and cover the whole week (Tu-Sa). If you have an extended family, you could also have them help with these visitations, as your representatives, or just come with you to increase the bulk of your collective presence, and to prevent the scammers from inventing some story about how you mistreated them.

Now about BoA. Don't jump to conclusions. The travel-scammers pretend that they are off getting a "loan" for you from BoA, but all they are doing is charging your new credit card. They say that they can give you a discount because they have a "deal" with BoA. This is news to BoA. The only deal they have is the papers you signed, and the new BoA account. I still think that BoA is grossly negligent in not vetting business accounts, and covering much to long for an obvious criminal operation. But on the other hand, they are being used by the travel-scammers. It's true that they are rolling over and letting themselves be used, but to imagine a grand conspiracy between the travel-scammers and BoA is probably erroneous, but just what the scammers would like you to think. Remember that they thrive on the false illusion that they are big players. They also will occasionally talk tough, and try to intimidate you. These are actually cowardly crooks, who cringe at the thought that you might find where they live, and whose boss shields himself from any public contact by interposing dutiful underlings. You see, it is really true: vampires don't like the light.

• Rb
    R Burd Oct 09, 2009

Rich B
    My wife and i were sucked in by the sales pitch. The very next day i found out that they were being investigated by bbb. I called my credit card company but got no help. They said i needed to prove that they were bogus. Now i have the proof! All phones have been disconected and there is no responce to e-mails. My cc company said you only have sixty days to dispute the charges. Lucky for me i called the next day to inform them of the scam.I'm still fighting for my money. GOOD LUCK TO EVERONE THEY HAVE RIPPED OFF.

M&K Nov 29, 2009

My husband and I purchased a Platinum Membership on 5/30/09 to the tune of $7, 995.00 We have tried to reach our salesman, Shane Clark w/o success. We have tried to reach Bentley Travel as well as Dream Vacations w/o success. I a class action suit is being brought against these people, count us in.
    Has anyone brought in "SHAME ON YOU"? If a Class Action Suit is being brought against these awful people, count us in.

Mike and Kathy

NJbuyerneedshelp Dec 29, 2009

Hi Mike and Kathy,

Shame on you have been notified and the show with Arnold Diaz actually aired. Here is another link. I'm viewing it for the first time since my initial complaint and it appears there are parts 2 & 3.