Below The LineTerrible experience!

I was referred to this company by a "friend". They were looking for someone to create a discriminative screening engine, allowing only the best people to receive e-mail invitations to movie screenings. I created the engine for them, it worked great but it did not read their minds. The editor would not allow me to communicate directly with the Screening Director or communicate with me in any other fashion than the telephone. I'm sure this doesn't surprise you, but if you have been offered work from this company... beware. This is not an employer, all conversations are one-way and you will suffer the ill fate.

Timely checks turned in to late checks for half the agreed amount, then I had to beg at least 3 times for each half-check thereafter. In the end, they owed me $4,000 yet demanded I work more hours, so I quit. Now, 4 months later, they still owe me $3,000. The only reason I received the difference is because they thought I would work more hours (they actually demanded these hours before I received the check!)

• Ph
    phpdeveloper Jul 28, 2009

Did some PHP development for this guy. I have not seen a dime. The owner does not respond to phone calls or emails. Oh, and he likes to send text messages at midnight for progress reports.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices