Belle TireRepairs not Needed, Fraud,Shaking Tires

Belle (Hell) Tire and Discount Tire to Rescue

January 9, 2009: I sent my son to Belle Tire 6780 West Main Oshtemo, MI 49009 to purchase a new set of Goodyear TripleTred for my 2007 Grand Prix with about 40, 000 miles on the car. Bought set of tires.

January 16 or 19: Son went back to Belle Tire because of tire shake. They rebalanced all tires. Chad at Belle Tire gives a quote for tie rod ends and says there is a bent wheel (out by ¼”). I called and talked to Chad and I refused repairs. I had my son bring the car 60 miles to my house to my auto shop.

January 20, 2009: Appoint at my auto shop and my bucks to check it out: no bent wheel, no bad tie rods, and no bad front end parts at all, so no repairs needed. What a surprise. My mechanic rebalanced the tires and suggested that we had bad tires.

January 23-30: I called Belle Tire and asked for a regional or district manager. I got a guy named Pete and I discussed my problem. We made an appointment for February 9, 2009 at 5:30 pm.

February 9, 2009: I took off work early to make the 5:30 appointment (I work to 5:00 and it is an hour drive). Pete put the car on the alignment rack, we waited, he came and got us, nothing wrong with front end. Pete offered to balance tires, said that the quote for front-end repairs should never had happened (nothing wrong) and gave us his apology. At this time I asked him what he was going to do about the scratched wheels from the tire changer? (Car had OEM tires on when I purchased the car two weeks before the tires were installed) I had inspected the wheels just before the tire purchase; they were like new, no scratches or nothing. Pete would do nothing for me.

February 16: talked to Pete again, he agreed to have the tires rebalanced or replaced at the Portage store per my request. Son took car to Portage store that week and they replaced one tire and rebalanced all tires, took for test drive and tires shook, returned and replaced one more tire, test drive and seemed Ok. Within two days tire shake is back.

Between Feb 10 and March 5: I found the phone number for Don Barnes, CEO of Belle Tire and I left no less than 5 messages for him. No returned calls from Don Barnes.

March 5, 2009: I called Don Barnes again; I got to talk to him. He was very helpful and wanted to know if I had pictures of the wheels. Asked for me to send and he gave me his cell number. Same Day, I emailed pictures of the wheels. Mr. Barnes called me and said that they would replace the wheels and they were on order and should be in by Feb. 10 at the Portage, MI store. I was not happy with the Oshtemo store after Chad had tried to replace front-end parts that were not needed. Sound good.

March 13: I called Don Barnes to ask about wheels, will check and call me back.
March 13: Pete called me (per talking to Don Barnes) Pete said they can not get new wheels and they want to put their 16” rims and tires on car and send wheels to Keystone for remanufacture. About a 4 day turnaround. I asked Pete for several hours to evaluate his offer.
I went to local Cadillac-Pontiac dealer with the car. Local dealer can have wheels in two days, in stock at dealer warehouse.
I called Pete and gave him the dealer and part number and price. I said that his wheels on my car would be like holding my wheels hostage; I was not comfortable with that option.
Don Barnes called me back and said he needed more time to get wheels at his cost. I told Mr. Barnes that I wouldn’t be held hostage with my wheels gone after the track record of Belle Tire this far. Don Barnes wants more time to get wheels. I said that is fine.

March 17: Pete called and told me that wheels will be at the Portage store today and Kevin will call when in.
11:30 Kevin called and wheels are in. We made appoint for 2pm for install.
2:00pm My son called from Portage store, 1 wheel is not same color as other 3wheels, paint has overspray obvious that the wheels are used and not any better than ones on the car now.
We refused to take the wheels offered. Don Barnes and I had agreed that I would get either New (OEM) or remanufactured (Keystone) wheels. Offered wheels were neither.
I called Pete and he offered a new set of Belle Tire wheels. I reminded him that new wheels will not resolve the tire shake and that I liked the stock wheels. I just want to be restored to my condition before I came to Belle Tire. No I do not want your wheels, thus far you do not stand behind your products. I called Don Barnes and left a message. I got no return call

March 25: I sent email to Don Barnes asking again for resolution of this issue, I just want to be restored to my condition before I came to Belle Tire. Don Barnes returned the email and the just of it was “What is it exactly that you want Belle Tire to do because it seems that everyone of our efforts are going by the wayside?”
This is the last that I heard from Don Barnes.

April 3: I sent an email to Don Barnes asking for resolution to this issue.
I still have damaged wheels and tire shake.

Discount Tire Benton Harbor, Michigan to the Rescue.
I call my local Discount Tire and made an appointment with Darryl. Had my son bring the car 60 miles home and took the car in and they inspected the wheels and tires. Had some out of round tires and they ordered new set of tires for us. Several days later we returned and had the new set installed. Problem resolved with the tire shake!
I still have the damaged wheels on the car, obvious damage from Belle Tire and their tire changing personal and equipment. Belle Tire Sucks.

• Jm
    JMack56 Oct 23, 2009

SCREW Belle tire to the FULLEST! I took my 06 Chrysler 300 in to find out what some rattling was on the passenger side. Come to find out it was my outer tie rod. They suggested I needed to replace BOTH at a total cost of over $400!!!And theyd need to keep it over night!

I stopped in a few local individually owned repair joints, they all said “Eff belle tire, we’ll do it for less”

But the biggest shock came when i went to the actual CHRYSLER DEALERSHIP. The stigma of the dealership is that youll always pay more, and youll always get screwed. Not in my case, they were the most honest, and told me that it was only the outer RIGHT tie rod and theyd do it for $100 and have it done in 2 hours.

NEVER AGAIN! SCREW BELLE TIRE, I HOPE THEY CLOSE.

RIP OFF.