Bella ClearUnauthorized charges!

K

It was suppose to be a free sample only 4.95 for s & h. There was no invoice with the product and two weeks later i got charged 80 dollars. Total rip off!! No where did it say i would be billed again.

More Bella Clear Complaints & Reviews

• Pr
    Priscilla Turner Mar 03, 2012

My counsel is to get a refund from your Credit Card co., putting all the facts before them. My last communication to them is as follows:--

"Dear Stephanie,

I shall not be using the phone in this matter, firstly because I have hearing loss, and secondly because I prefer in the circumstances to have a written record. My Bank has asked for that.
    I note that you wish to enforce my contract with you when you are in breach of yours with me. Your trial package was sent First Class, but was delivered, here in a foreign country with its own border services, well after the date which you are attempting to apply. It was incidentally valued by you for Canadian Customs at much less than you seek to charge. In effect you are saying that you would attempt to charge me even if the same package had never arrived here at all. So I am offering you a graceful method of dealing with the effects of your own failure. I add that you would be wise in future to secure a Canadian supplier if you wish to do business here.
    I have sound reasons for cancelling, but these are irrelevant at this stage.
    I am giving you one more opportunity to resolve this situation before I escalate it with MasterCard. I suggest that you take it to a supervisor or other authority senior enough to understand both the legalities and the practicalities involved."

Stephanie 'replied' as follows:--

"Dear Priscilla,

Thank you for contacting Bella Brite concerning your order with us.
    Unfortunately, once the trial period expires, the account is no longer eligible for a return or refund. You needed to contact us during the trial period as agreed to in the terms and conditions at the time of the order.
    You checked a box stating that you read and agreed to those terms and conditions before the order could be successfully submitted. Since you did not contact us during the trial period as agreed we are unable to issue any refunds to your account.
    The account will remain canceled at this time; if you have any additional questions or would like a representative to better clarify the terms of the offer, please feel free to call our customer service department, Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am-4pm(MST) at [protected] (International customers please dial [protected] and press the "hash key" when prompted to press the "pound key") and we will be happy to further assist you."

I do not intend to waste any more time writing to these people. it appears that, checked in the USA, they have moved their scam north of the Line. Printouts of all the messages to and fro are in the hands of my Bank. They have already negotiated a refund with M/C. They just want full documentation.

• Dr
    DRSmith Mar 03, 2012

Just finished a 20 minute "conversation" with customer representative. I signed up for the 8 day trial. According to them my order dates was February 22. As of March 2, I have not received the trial offer (I am in Canada). I emailed to cancel on February 29 and received a confirmation of cancellation on March 1. To me, I was within the 8 day trial. But lo and behold, the 1 month supply charge appeared on my credit card on March 2!!! She and I argued over whether it was 8 or 9 days. I vented my frustration to her and plied her with such statements as "better business practices", and acting in "poor faith". Of course, she had ALL the answers. I am now stuck waiting for these packages to arrive. Apparently, they will expect to receive the one month supply back within 15 days in order for me to get my $60 (of an $80 charge) back. I told her that based on what has happened so far, there was a good chance that wasn't going to happen. She then said I will have to call within that 15 days and also give them a tracking number from the post office. Wow. You know...I'm older...and I should have known better than this. I was falling for the other scam of the $1000 Walmart gift card when I got sucked into this deal--had to complete "2" offers etc., which turned into 2 more, etc. So, hope this site helps someone else to not get taken. "Bella Clear"? How about, "Bella-not-so-clear"?

• Pr
    Priscilla Turner Mar 01, 2012

These people are still at it.

Here is my recent e-mail exchange with them:--

"You ordered an 8 day Free Trial with Bella Clear acne solution system. All orders are shipped automatically. Within your initial shipment you received 3 bottles; a cleanser, a toner and a moisturizer. This is a 30 day supply of our product (we do not send "samples"). You were charged for this when your trial period expired on 01/03/2012 with no notification from you to cancel.

This information was all presented to you at the time of order and had to be agreed to before the order could be successfully submitted. It was also in the confirmation e-mail we sent on 02/28/2011.

Unfortunately you are not eligible for a return or refund as the trial period expired without a cancelation request from you via phone, e-mail or our website."

"I have all your communications before me. Please note that it does not include any e-mail sent on "02/28/2011".

Your free trial package took, not eight days, but several weeks, to arrive here. I had begun to think that it was lost. It was somewhat battered. It may well have been held up in Canadian customs. I could scarcely decide to cancel before seeing it. I then cancelled quite promptly, and certainly within eight days.

It would be graceful in the light of this if you refunded me my payment without further ado. Otherwise I shall continue to pursue this matter with MasterCard. They will have all the data before them. My discussions with them suggest that they take the view that a trial period can begin only when the goods are to hand."

"Thank you for contacting Bella Brite concerning your Trial Period. The Trial Period begins when the order is shipped via priority mail. You needed to contact us during the trial period as agreed to in the terms and conditions.

Unfortunately you are not eligible for a return or refund as the trial period expired without any communication from you via phone, e-mail or our website.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call our customer service department Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm (MST) at [protected] and we will be happy to assist you."

So it's a refund via M/C for me.

• Sh
    Shana VH Jul 27, 2011

The same thing happened to me just today. I am calling the company first to see if they will reverse charges, if not I am calling my bank and seeing what they can do. I wish I had seen all of this before trying the free trial. Which I have not even had time to try yet... ugh!!!

• Be
    bella clear Oct 16, 2010

was charged $78.41 was only to be charged shipping and handling

• Je
    jenell May 12, 2010

stated my charge card would be charged in fine print that was unreadable

• Iw
    I-was-scammed Sep 09, 2009

I agreed to a $2.87 SAMPLE of this product which I was charged for on 8/18/09 only to recieve another charge from my bank account for $78.41 which this company was NOT AUTHORIZED to do. When trying to call to file a complaint and get a refund the phone number I was given was to their FAX line. They did call to confirm the order and I told THREE different rep's I DID NOT want the product, I couldnt afford 78 dollars right now .. at which time I was told the order had been cancelled and i woudlnt be charged anything else but the 2.87 and to enjoy my sample!! IRONICALLY... this is the EXACT same charge that I had recieved from Ultifacial the 2.87 charge for a "sample" to be charged an aditional 78.87 when asking who they were and WHY they charged my account they said it was because they had shared my information with another company (Bella Clear) and neither company would be returning funds. I have been RIPPED OFF by TWO companies all using ONE name... and Im out 78.87 TWICE by TWO companies and as JOKE of a product... and to top it off they even got their 2.87 SAMPLE price !! BEWARE !!! (this was all part of a BEST BUY SCAM.. you have won a 1000.00 BEST BUY card all u have to do is purchase 2 products below .. which then went to 9 needless to say i didnt recieve the BEST BUY GIFT CARD either) Im an intelligent business person and was stunne to be scammed like this! PLEASE BEWARE

• Li
    liyun Jul 15, 2009

i did not even order the Anti -acne product ( I only order the eye cream from the other company), they charge me and stated I ordered, it is riduculois, I do not even have acne, why I have to order that product, please do not trust them, they try to rip you off.

• Va
    vampath Jul 11, 2009

HERE'S HOW TO BEAT THEM AT THEIR GAME:
    I got my trial and the very same day that it arrived I went to the website to cancel. I had read all the terms and I'm sorry to tell you all but it DOES in fact say that you'll be charged the $78.41 EIGHT days after ORDER PROCESSING. Since we as customers have no way of knowing when "order processing" took place, I decided to play it safe and go ahead and cancel. So, you go the the website, click 'easy cancel', it'll give you 3 options, click 'request RMA' and you'll have about 14 days (don't quote me on that, but it'll give you an exact date) to get it back to them.

I fell for this trial crap through another site that has an ad on Facebook, something about a free Nikon camera. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. They have you sign up for all these free trials for small fees (around $5) but then you get to the end and you have to book a $2000 vacation. If you ask me, THAT is the real scammer.

All this being said, I actually do notice a HUGE difference in my acne just after two days. I hate to say it but this Bella Clear may actually be working. I've tried everything and nothing has worked without severely drying my skin. I have mixed emotions about this because I do not have the money to pay $80 a month but I'm really enjoying this product. Ugh. Catch-22.

In closing, I just want everyone to please READ EVERYTHING before you sign it. And anything you charge to a credit card you can dispute, BUT if you agreed to the terms, you're screwed. What I do is take a screenshot of the terms before I sign up. I also called Bella and spoke to someone about some questions I had and audio recorded the convo on my cheap little MP3 player. You can't trust anyone these days, so always cover your own a** and keep evidence! Also, don't expect the Better Business Bureau to do anything. If you want results file complaints with the FTC (www.ftc.gov).

• Ri
    Richard Hart Nov 12, 2008

I was double charged for a single order. Please take one off and credit my account for the other! Thank You.

• Ri
    Richard Hart Nov 12, 2008

I was double charged for a single order. Please take one off and credit my account fo9r the other!

• Ap
    April Nov 10, 2008

I got a $69.87 charge to my bank account and I have NEVER heard of this company! When I called to cancel, I couldn't speak to a supervisor either. I was told that a 3rd party gave my contact and account information to Bella Clear. I was also told that I received a package that I DID NOT recieve and the only way I can get a refund is to return this package that I DO NOT HAVE! They have no signature confirmation to prove I received the package either, but I was told to work it out with my local post office! God help the supervisor that calls me back! This is UNREAL and it is FRAUD! Next call is to the Better Business Bureau!

• Ka
    Kayla Oct 30, 2008

This company is a joke. Signed up for a 4.99$ free trial not even 3 weeks ago knowing when I recieved the trial pack I needed to cancel the account. I do not currently have a phone at my disposal, so I used the "convenience" of their cancellation form. So much for that! Now have a charge on my bank card and no product! I called customer service and they're telling me too bad so sad. I don't even know how I'm going to eat this week! It's freaking madness and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

• Ho
    holly Oct 28, 2008

i never ordered the product dont know how they got my info my account was charged so i called them they say they recieved product back but wasent in time i was past the 10 days i never order and they wont refund so i called my bank again and i have to sign a paper to have the charges revered they are a scam and i hope no one else get scamed by them again i never order there product i dont have acne problem i better get my money back

• De
    Deb Oct 25, 2008

I'm in the same situation as all of you, I never requested this f**** product, I don't want it, actually I NEVER WANTED it, I don't even have acne problems. And if I did, I would certainly buy ProActiv for about $40. I don't like trying out products from brands I never heard of. I called the number on the package and the very RUDE man wouldn't talk to me. I started complaining and it seemed like I was talking to a wall. I'm really pissed off!!! They sent me this F*** product through a fake sales call from American Express. I can't believe I was dumb enough to accept it. F******* B********** (*@(*#&(@*&$#$*[email protected]#$*&*[email protected]#*&$#[email protected]*&*&#

• Ca
    catherine Oct 23, 2008

what i can suggest so that no unauthorized charges will be made on your credit cards is get the 'SHOP SAFE' feature so what these companies can do and charge is the only amount you authorized. No future charges will be incurred against your cc. So take a look at the shop safe thing. Before i order, i put specific amount like $4 only for S&H. That way, i have peace of mind theyre never gonna use my cc information for something and make collections.

Ann Oct 16, 2008

I placed my order for a free trial for which I thought I would get trial sizes to try and decide later whether to continue. I received the package yesterday and decided to cancel. I called them today and they informed me that the package needed to be received by them within 2 weeks or they would bill me for $78.41!! They said that I could keep the trial package for about $20 rather than return it, but I told them I was going to return my shipment and wanted to cancel future shipments. Hopefully, if I return the package by overnight tomorrow it will get to them before the trial period is over. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM - THEY SEEM TO BE A SCAM! Unfortunately I did not read about them before I ordered!

• Am
    Amy Oct 06, 2008

Get off my debit card...

• Sh
    SHADE Oct 01, 2008

I did the same thing eveyone else is talking about. When I saw the charge for 78.00 on my credit card, I called and cancelled. I wanted to send it back, so the girl said I could keep the product and instead she would send me a gas card for 60.00. Well it turns out that the "card" is a rebate coupon that can only be used in 10.00 increments once a month. Then to get your rebate check, you have to send them the coupon with a reciept for the gas, then WAIT for that rebate check to come in. I called and told them I wanted to send them back the coupon along with the crappy product and she said "sorry...once you choose the coupon, there's no going back. RIP OFF!!! Do not order this bogus garbage!!!

• He
    heather Aug 12, 2008

i agreed to free trail offer and then went to cancel. they said i already cancelled and was not eligible to cancel again. and because i missed my cutoff date to send package back in, they charged me the 70 something dollars. i spent 3o minutes talking to two representatives telling them i had never cancelled in the beginning and wanted my 15 days to start then to return the package. they offered me NO proof i had cancelled the date of ordering and said it was too late and they would charge me and not consider letting me cancel presently.

DO NOT even think of getting the free trial!! They took my order, then cancelled it unilaterally, then turned around and told me it was too late to return product. keep in mind, the way they did it, my time was tolling before the package was even shipped to me.

i read all the fine print and acted accordingly. what i could not foresee, however, is that they would fraudulently start my time to toll for a return without my knowledge. they absolutely would not acknowledge they might have made a mistake and would not return my money. i had to take it up with my bank and contest the charges since they say you can cancel but ultimately would not let me cancel.

• Mi
    Michelle Jul 14, 2008

o signed up for a free trial with Bella Clear. However before I did anything with my credit card I read all the fine print. It states that after the ten day trial I would be charged for the full price of membership and would receive additional packages at the same price until instructed otherwise. I wrote down the phone numbers. A few days after receiving the package I used those phone numbers, which also are on the pamphlet that was given to me inside the package. When talking to a sales representative I was on the phone for only 10 minutes. They offered to let me keep what I had for 20 dollars or send the entire package back to the company for the price of shipping. Usually shipping isn't more than 10 dollars.

One thing I found odd was another company, Ivory White, uses the exact same return address and phone messages as Bella Clear. I believe the two are apart of a larger company.

I didn't suffer any outrageous charges because I took all the proper steps ahead of time to ensure I wouldn't. I was completely aware that unless I sent the package back by a specific date, I would be charged over 50 dollars. The main reason I posted this comment is because I want everyone to be cautious like I was. Always read the fine print. A company could be held legally responsible if the customer was not previously warned about such possible charges and must, by law, state the risk before taking any information from the person. That's why there is fine print. I'm not a lawyer or anything like that. Just a 20 year old who is very weary with her money but wants to try products to try to enhance her style of life.

• Bo
    Bobby Mason Jun 05, 2008

I had the same problem with getting the sample and then having an automatic 80.00 taken out of my account with a second shipment of product that I never agreed to.

I can say that customer service did expediently take care of it - However I was very upset to have this amount taken from my account without authorization/.

angela May 24, 2008

When I signed up for the product they said I could "try it" for $4.95 but if it wasn't sent back/canceled by the end of the 14 day period they would charge me $80.00 (which for acne product is a bit excessive) your complaints are obviously making them more honest or you didn't read the fine print. but i am guessing it's more their fault.

• Fr
    Frieda May 12, 2008

I got custody of my fifteen year old neice who had a bad cause of acne. Bella Clear popped up on my computer. Free Trial for only the cost of shipping $4.95. I entered my credit card # and a short time later my banking account was charged $78.41. I called customer service and they said ship the package back and once we receive the package we will refund your money. Now they say the package was not received quick enough and they are not refunding my money. I think Bella Clear is a scam and they need to be shut down. Buyer Beware!!! Dont be the next victim to their money making scam.

• Ro
    Robin Young Apr 27, 2008

I signed up for a free trail offer. 3 weeks later I received another kit and a bill for $85.00. I now have too much of this product. I am upset about this and as a government employee, I will be investigating this company further.

• La
    Larry Mitchell Apr 23, 2008

Dunno how they got my card nunber, but bank security called me. No payment made... I lost nothing except changing my card.

Got package from them today, gonna give it to ladies at the bank and dare the Bas***** to try and bill me.

Bella Clear... Thanks for the FREE gift.

• Sy
    sylvia reid Apr 21, 2008

Yes, i have been receiving this product every month and i have well over enough that i don't even use the products/ kit. I was only to pay for shipping and handling for this and now they have charged my account 3 seperate occasions for 85.00 dollars. I am extremely upset and will continue to proceed to have something done!!! I suggest that if this has happen to you, to please fill in this comment text as well. This is truly a ripp off, and its called fraud as well.