Bella ClearRipped off!

I ordered this product and got it a few days ago. I did not have a chance to use it long enough to see if it works. I actually had it in my possession for 5 days. So I understand that I did not return it in a timely manner. However, when I called them I was on hold for over 55 minutes once, 45 minutes the next time and 35 minutes the last time, before hanging up. When I called they told me they had no guarantee for their product, as they 'are not Pro-Active'. If it doesn't work that is not 'their problem'. It feels like a scam since the days you have to use it are counted from the day ordered, not received. My sons face is worse now than before using the product and I need to take him in for a doctor visit.

Please do not let this company scam any one else.

• Sh
    sharon davis Feb 26, 2008

I also sent for BELLACLEAR and did not recive it in a timely manner and it did not work for me either and I could not even get anyone to answer the phone all I got was a recording that I could not even leave a message for them to get back to me. these people need to be stopped somehow before they ripp off anyone else. All I want to do is cancel any futher productes from being sent to me or charged to my account. If there isn't anyway we can reach them how do we get this done? Please stop them before they scam other folks. Thank You

Debbie mackey Mar 04, 2008

I ordered products and then returned them and they charged me two times. I called and they would not take off the charges!

• Ge
    genevieve nance Mar 27, 2008

never recieved order and they are still charging my account with out receiveing product

christine blaschka Apr 20, 2008

I ordered the sample product and emailed them to cancel my membership. They in turn sent me an email stating for me to call them back, which went to my spam folder and I did not recieve it. They are refusing to give me back the money for the order I did not make. This company is a fraud and they are stealing from us. I have to close my bank account at this time or they will continue to take money. Do not get sucked in by their scams.

• Me
    Melinda Apr 23, 2008

I ordered a free sample for $1.00. They charged my account $78.00 2 weeks later. I did not give them permission to charge my account.

Jessica Apr 25, 2008

I have never ordered anything from this company and they charged $78.41 to my credit card after sending me a free sample. I have no idea how they got my information, much less my credit card number!

• Am
    Amanda Stewart Apr 27, 2008

Never order this product! I thought I was getting a free trial for $4.95 . Read the fine print it says you must cancel membership within 10 days. membership means they will keep sending the product every month and billing your credit card $85.95. It is very hard to get a hold of them! Have your credit card company call and you will get someone, you need to call them and get a return number!
    What a scam. You have to pay to have it returned and then you still only receive $78 back as credit! If you return the item opened they will charge you $23. They got $95 from me for a cheesy $5.00 product that smells! Do not order this product!

angela May 16, 2008

They ripped me off too but they charged me $83.60
    I havent been able to get them to stop chargeing my account.

angela May 24, 2008

Well your complaints must have worked, because I got my product in a matter of two days and I it got sent back and my account was canceled, no problems. The product doesn't work that well and the website doesn't give you that much information, so it is kind of shady.

Jessica Kaddatz Jun 09, 2008

I didn't even order this product and i had the subscription fee taken out of my account. I was on a website that had this product and used my check card there but i turned down bella clear because it seemed so shady and like a scam. Now they must not have cancelled out my card number because 78.41 was taken directly out of my account. DONT TRUST THEM!! SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

• Mi
    Mike D. Jun 20, 2008

Complete scam. Signed up for the free offer. Nowhere does it say you will be charged for the full product. Suddenly I am being charged $78.41. I WILL stop this payment.

Angela Jul 02, 2008

I don't know about the rest of you but, I too am having a problem with these people. I signed up for a free trial but canceled right away because I realized that I couldn't afford it. I called to tell them not to send the stuff to me but they did. I sent it back the moment I got it but they "got it one day late". So i was charged the full $78.41 and I never even opened the box! They say they can't refund my money...if anyone has any information as to how to get back my money, I'd like it please.

Sandi Jul 07, 2008

I received products from this company back in April that I never ordered--I promptly wrote refused on the box and put it in the mail. I then found that they charged my bank card (this was one of many fraudulant charges that came through on my card that week) and filed a fraud complaint with my bank. Now I get a call from my bank saying they are resubmitting the charges. I called their customer service rep who said that they got their merchandise back but because I didn't "return the merchandise properly" they are not honoring the return (apparently there was something on the label saying to call a 1-800 # for returns). This is the biggest loser company I've ever dealt with--highly recommend everyone steer clear of them.

mary clark Jul 14, 2008

I totally agree with all of the compaints. EVERYONE stay clear of this so called company

• Mo
    Monetvalley Jul 17, 2008

The way I understood it, they ship the products to test them out within 10-days. We (son) decided we'll give it a try and not order anymore because of the price. So $76.41 was deducted from my acct. It's been a month and I only seen a slight change on the acne problem. Today, I found another transaction for $86.86! I called them at 1-800-730-0042. The customer service person sounded like a machine that it took me a few minutes to realize I was actually talking to a 'live' person. I stated that I want to cancel anymore shipment and to reverse the charges. Apparently, it had already been shipped yesterday. He said he's canceling any further shipments but the one that was enroute. He suggested that I can pay 1/2 of the price at $45.00 and I can keep the products. I explained that I would like a full refund and I would ship the products as soon as I receive them. They would refund the whole amount within 72 hours of receiving the products back to them. We'll see how that goes... As for the product, I'm not too thrilled about it. I think Pro-Active works best - that's just my opinion.

• Mi
    Mike D. Jul 21, 2008

Agree 100%. I signed up for the trial (sign up for this and this to get this. Yeah yeah I know) and forgot to cancel before the trial was up. Okay, my mistake, but I did cancel. I just looked at my account to see that they charged me again, and didn't even send anything!!

• Be
    bellaluna Oct 11, 2008

I too have had issues with them charging my account with out my authorization. I LOVE the product and it has worked very well for me, I have ordered it twice now BUT am VERY annoyed that they keep charging my account with out ordering it. I am in search of a product that works just as well and will not have to deal with them anymore... another thing that is not cool is you cant order just one thing, you have to order the entire package.

Deb Oct 25, 2008

I'm in the same situation as all of you, I never requested this f**** product, I don't want it, actually I NEVER WANTED it, I don't even have acne problems. And if I did, I would certainly buy ProActiv for about $40. I don't like trying out products from brands I never heard of. I called the number on the package and the very RUDE man wouldn't talk to me. I started complaining and it seemed like I was talking to a wall. I'm really pissed off!!! They sent me this F*** product through a fake sales call from American Express. I can't believe I was dumb enough to accept it. F******* B********** (*@(*#&(@*&$#$*[email protected]#$*&*[email protected]#*&$#[email protected]*&*&#

Deb Oct 25, 2008

Jennifer Nov 13, 2008

I received product on October 23rd, 2008 and I cancelled my order October 27th, 2008 via email. The original email from them says to email my cancellation request so I did, but they charged my card $78.00 anyways. I called to dispute this and they say they never received any cancellation. So I (thankfully saved all paperwork) resent that same email showing that it was sent and when. They said that their email shows that they would contact me within a day or two of my email, so I read it and read it and read it but it said nothing like that. I called them back and the supervisor said that "it says it on the automatic response to my email". How was I to know that they send out an automatic response. I told the supervisor that and she said well it's not my problem. Then in 1 email they say to send unused portions back and then another email shows to keep the product. They are DISHONEST and a FRAUD. They screwed me out of my money.

• Me
    Megan Nov 18, 2008

I was on a website looking for freebies, and BellaClear came up in the search for free with $1 S&H. I figured I'd sign up for it, and if I hated it, I was only out $1. So, today I was on my bank online and was out $78.41, and the charge was by them! I'm so pissed, my bank (Wells Fargo) is looking into this and is looking into the company.

• Da
    Danielle Durfey Nov 19, 2008

I just got off the phone with Bella Clear and had the same experience... did not get the product in a timely manner...called to get an extension...but they said they had no record of my call...Even though the post office history of the package confirmed my side...I think these people need to be held accountable for ripping people off!!!

• Di
    Diana Dec 09, 2008

Bella Clear is a SCAM!!!
    I had received a phone call from a company stating that they were with Mastercard and they told me that I would receive a gas card and a vacation offer sent to me for being a loyal customer. The guy had my Mastercard # but stated that my card would not be charged, I never gave him my #. He stated that they would send a packet to me but would only charge my account if I called the 800 # to activate it. I never received anything in the mail.
    I had a few charges on my bank account and one was from Bella Clear for a total of $73.87. There was one from MHP Med Health Plus for $62.67. I had 2 charges for $1.00 each from Leisure Time and Discount Savings Plan.
    I called Bella Clear and spoke to a customer service rep that stated that I agreed to receive this product over the phone with the company that offered the gas card. I informed him that I never auth this and never received it. I told him to refund this money back to my account and he told me that I would have to return the product in order to get a refund. I asked him how I was suppose to return a product that I NEVER received. He gave me a tracking # from the post office. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he told me that he would have someone call me back but they would tell me the same thing.
    On Saturday morning I received a phone call at 6:40 am from this company claiming to be Mastercard stating that he had a returned package and wanted to verify my address. He started reading off the address and then paused, he then stated 'Oh, you live in California, its only 6:30 am there...Ooops'...click. So now this guy has something returned to him that I am being charged for and he didnt get my correct address to send it back out. I was asleep when he called so I barely remembered the call until I called Bella Clear today.

• Up
    Upset Dec 22, 2008

I signed up for a free trail offer. 3 weeks later I received another kit and a bill for $85.00. I now have too much of this product. It seems to be scram. If you don't cancel within 10 days they sent you another kit and charge you $85.00. It is a REAL RIP

• Mr
    Mrs. Bradley Jan 01, 2009

I went to look at my bank acc.and I saw that This bellclear86 was taken money out of my acc.
    I'm not sure what it is, but I know I havn't bought anything from a co. named that. I think think this is a scam. They made sure the money was coming out of the bank when the bank is closed. NOW I HAVE TO PAY A BOUNCED CHECK/MONEY OVER DRAWN it make up what was taken out of my acc. from this companyBellaClear86.

• Mo
    mommiK Jan 05, 2009

Just like the rest of BellaClear ripped-off customers, I was raging at the same exact experience they all went through...They start counting your 10-day trial period on the day you placed your trial kit and in transit...It reached me after 5 days of placing it. Dec. 24, 2008, and charged my credit card Dec. 31...I sure complained and argued with a certain Gerry on the their Customer Service but he vehemently claimed that it was clearly indicated online that the trial period starts on the day you signed-up for the trial kit...What a rip-off! I didn't even use it nor open the bottles because I ran into it when I attempted to join a promo for $500 Holiday card of Victoria secret and did not even get the free card! I emailed them to cancell it on the 9th day (January 2) from the day day I received the package (dec. 24) and they emailed me back that my account has been cancelled with a confirmation number and that no future shipments or charges will be made on my account...after reading through all the complaints of the victims of this dishonest company, I'm just afraid they might or will continue charging my credit card every month...but of course, I am reporting this to my credit card provider to block BellaClear doing unauthorized charges...

JUST WONDERING, WITH ALL THESE OPEN COMPLAINTS FROM VICTIMS LIKE US, WHAT IS THE CUSTOMER-COMPLAINT BUREAU DOING TO SCAMMERS LIKE BELLACLEAR? I'VE READ COMPLAINTS DATING BACK 2007 AND THE SCAM LIVES ON 'TIL THIS YEAR 2009...SHOULDN'T THEY BE WIPED OFF FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH ALREADY...THEY ARE APPARENTLY STEALING MONEY FROM PEOPLE...CALLING CUSTOMER WHATEVER FEDERAL BUREAU TASKED TO PENALIZE OR TERMINATE LICENSES OF SUCH FRAUDULENT COMPANIES, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS...IF WE CANNOT GET OUR MONEY BACK, WE CLAMOR FOR JUSTICE THROUGH YOU...

• Ka
    Katherine Ortiz Feb 09, 2009

This is a SCAN they cheat people, please do not try the "free trial" or buy this product, the cheat on my saying that I can try the product for $4.87 and they ended up charging my credit card for $78.41. This company is a complety fraud!!!

• Ed
    EDEN COSMETICS RIP OFF Feb 12, 2009

I got this product for my daughter and at first we couldnt tell if it was working and then unfortunately she broke out, being a single mom of two (like anyone else) when she broke out. We had to go to a dermatologists...long story short..this company wont even back there own product Oh well, is what you hear. Its frustrating you can go into a Macys, Lord and Taylor and actually spend money and feel confident that you can come back if it doesnt work for you. Not like this company its a joke

• Ci
    Cindy Feb 14, 2009

Fraud, Cheating
    I got their free trail, but they send me an email telling me that I will be charged for another program unless i cancel, i tried to cancel, but I failed to cancel.
    After seeing so many complaints, I don't know if I can cancel it successfully before I am billed

• Th
    Theresa Thomas Mar 02, 2009

This happened to us also my husband was very upset with me because I could not explain how this could have happened. I was so embarressed falling for this scam. However I was happy to learn about this website. I felt bad that so many fell for the same scam but relieved to find that I was not alone.
    Frustrated Mom from Cleveland. Theresa Thomas

• Co
    conners09 Mar 18, 2009

How do i get it to stop? i have a newborn and i need the money!!!

• He
    heather lapierre Mar 27, 2009

how can I stop them from taking money out of my account, and how do I get my money back?

• Fo
    foxyduxmom Mar 30, 2009

Just got off the phone with customer service with Bellaclear and am extremely frustrated! I too bought this for my daughter, it has worked and now she is getting a bad reaction to it. I am sitting with 3 other boxes that have not been opened because they send so much faster than we can use, they refuse to take them back or give me a refund (even partial). $98 per box is alot of money of product that is just sitting there!!!

CS was rude and extremely unhelpful! There are plenty of other acne products out there whose cs is much better than this. best of luck to whoever uses this product and try to cancel...it is close to impossible until it is too late to get a refund.

• Cm
    cmatteo Jun 29, 2009

THIS COMPANY HAS ME HEATED!!! MY DAUGHTERS FACE WAS WORSE THEN EVER!!! 78.00 for BULLSH#! . THE LADY I DEALT WITH WAS SOOOO RUDE!!! I WANTED TO PUNCH HER IN THE FACE!!!

• Va
    vampath Jul 11, 2009

HERE'S HOW TO BEAT THEM AT THEIR GAME:
    I got my trial and the very same day that it arrived I went to the website to cancel. I had read all the terms and I'm sorry to tell you all but it DOES in fact say that you'll be charged the $78.41 EIGHT days after ORDER PROCESSING. Since we as customers have no way of knowing when "order processing" took place, I decided to play it safe and go ahead and cancel. So, you go the the website, click 'easy cancel', it'll give you 3 options, click 'request RMA' and you'll have about 14 days (don't quote me on that, but it'll give you an exact date) to get it back to them.

I fell for this trial crap through another site that has an ad on Facebook, something about a free Nikon camera. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. They have you sign up for all these free trials for small fees (around $5) but then you get to the end and you have to book a $2000 vacation. If you ask me, THAT is the real scammer.

All this being said, I actually do notice a HUGE difference in my acne just after two days. I hate to say it but this Bella Clear may actually be working. I've tried everything and nothing has worked without severely drying my skin. I have mixed emotions about this because I do not have the money to pay $80 a month but I'm really enjoying this product. Ugh. Catch-22.

In closing, I just want everyone to please READ EVERYTHING before you sign it. And anything you charge to a credit card you can dispute, BUT if you agreed to the terms, you're screwed. What I do is take a screenshot of the terms before I sign up. I also called Bella and spoke to someone about some questions I had and audio recorded the convo on my cheap little MP3 player. You can't trust anyone these days, so always cover your own a** and keep evidence! Also, don't expect the Better Business Bureau to do anything. If you want results file complaints with the FTC (www.ftc.gov).

• Mg
    mgaston Jul 20, 2009

Like same of the other people i got scammed by bellaclear. i never sign up for bellaclear i received a packaged on 7-17-09 . when i call bellaclear i was told that even if i canceled or return their product they weren't going to refund my $8o.oo they took from my account because i had to have returned it on 7-12-09. i never even signned up for this product or several of the other products i now spend my days calling to cancel orders on. i work hard for my money to have same theif take it .

JULIA M.FIGARO Oct 01, 2009

I ordered a free trail only to pay shipping cost, on september 19th this company withdrew 76.00 I want my money back I will pay for the free trail and thats all, I will do whatever I need to because this is not a good time be ripping people off.

JULIA M.FIGARO Oct 01, 2009

they should charged with faurd

JULIA M.FIGARO Oct 01, 2009

yeah, but god has something in store for them just keep watching you will see

JULIA M.FIGARO Oct 01, 2009

they will pay they might get by but they wont get away.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices