Bell USAOver Charging

L

I just got a phone bill for over 1700.00 I called Bell before I went on a short holiday to the US of A. I was in conversation with a bell rep..I told them I was going away for a few days and wanted to use my phone...(cell)..I had seen the USA bundle..that indicated roaming charges and phone calls day or night were included...not being totally aware of roaming..I did not know that there are roaming charges for data and roaming charges for phone calls...so ...he lies the 1700.00 charge...internet fees...
When you attempt to be proactive and you ask the questions before you go, do you not think that they have an obligation to inform you...today the rep said "well you should turn your phone off in the states..." Why would I think to turn off a phone when I think I have purchased a plan to cover, roaming fees and phone calls...???