The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Beaches Boscobel — Terrible Vacation
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My wife, two children and I had a six night stay at Beaches Boscobel. Unfortunately, it was among the worst vacations that I've ever had. So many things went wrong during our stay, I can scarcely compile them all.
1) It took over thirty-five minutes for us to check-in. After two flights and a two and a half hour bus ride with a two-year old and a nine-month old, this is by no means acceptable. We need a place as soon as possible to change diapers, nurse, etc.
2) After checking in and waiting an additional ten minutes for a bellman, we were taken to our room. We started to settle in and get the kids ready for dinner. The bellmen and the front desk attendant then reappeared at our room door and rudely told us that we were in the wrong room.
3) We eventually made it to our actual room and, despite making a reservation for two double beds, we were given one king bed. We indicated that this was not what we reserved. The front desk attendant said that they were "100% full" (which we later learned was not true; they were 94% full) and our room could not be moved. She advised us to come by the next day and change our reservation.
4) After leaving a credit card on file, we received a complete stranger's Sandals/Beaches card. I went back to the front desk and asked to receive mine. The attendant said that there was no way for me to receive a new card, nor to cancel the card with my name on it given to another guest. Subjecting my credit card to another guest is grossly negligent.
5) One of the main reasons we chose the resort was the availability of childcare so that my wife and I could have some moments alone. On the second day, we visited the childcare center to scope it out. We found unattended children running around, four year olds climbing in and out of infant bouncy seats, workers not paying any attention to the children or workers yelling at the children, and most shockingly a worker covered in a blanket sleeping in one of the child playhouses. We were VERY disappointed to learn that the staff was in no way sufficiently trustworthy to leave our children. This was all confirmed the next day when while lounging by the pool, we found one of the children who was on our bus screaming for her mother. My wife picked the three year old up, calmed her and went looking for her mother. Alas, she was under the care of the staff. This little girl walked along side the pool for at least 100 feet totally unattended. When my wife came upon the group, one of the workers just said, "Grace! Where have you been?" There was no effort to look for her whatsoever.
6) My wife tried to change the room the next day. She approached the desk at 11 AM. After waiting in line for twenty minutes, she was told they were too busy with checkouts to handle the request. She was asked to come back in thirty minutes. She came back at noon and after waiting in line for ten minutes was told that they had already given all the rooms away and that she "should have come by sooner." We resigned ourselves to stay with the room we had.
7) Our room was filthy. Since we have small children, we need to use the room in the middle of the day for naps. Nap time is no longer than one and a half hours. Despite this, the cleaning person consistently came by our room at 5:30 PM, four hours after nap time, and said that she needed to clean the room now or it wouldn't get cleaned for the day saying, "I came by our room earlier but it had a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on it." We need to get our children bathed and ready for dinner in the five o'clock hour. Keep in mind we were not in our room from 9:30 AM through noon nor from 1:30 PM through 5 PM. Twice our room was not cleaned and twice our towels were not replaced.
8) Upon checkout we were charged $2 for an internal call to reconfirm a reservation at the spa and charged $20 for a key left at "Snapshots." On the last day, we went by to have photos printed. We had photo bracelets wrapped around the keychain. We gave the keychain to the attendant but never received it back. By the time we realized it was missing, Snapshots was closed. Since we checked out the next day before they opened, we were forced to pay for a missing key.
9) Our bus ride to the airport was delayed multiple times because two of Beaches employees who needed a ride to the airport were late. Moreover, we stopped four times on the trip to the airport because a) one had "the munchies" or b) the other had a "toothache." This was done despite the fact that we had a crying nine-month old baby.
I am shocked at low quality of customer service we received during our trip. We paid, by our means, a considerable amount of money for this vacation, assured that it would be worth spending a little more so to make it easier to travel with small children. We could not have been more wrong. I will avoid Beaches and Sandals resorts like the plague.