BD Travelwestjet vacations agent

M Aug 07, 2018

To whom it may concern,

WE went to Xcaret park with BD travel on july 31st 2018. We arrived there before 10am and my son fell and we had to go to the clinic with him right away (attached is the letter describing the accident). We came back at the hotel at 1:30 pm on Tuesday, July 31st and I went to inform the agent about the situation right away and asked him to cancel Rio Secreto excursion for the next day at 11:30 am and get a refund. He said it was too late to cancel. No actions were taken to help us with the situation. It made us very uncomfortable and unpleasant at the moment.
The next day on Wednesday, August 1st, my son and I were unfortunately too sick to go to Rio Secreto. We had food intoxication at the hotel because we asked for room service food for my son Akil who had the accident at Xcaret (See agent Nicolas).
My husband went to explain the situation and the same agent asked for medical note to get refund. We were in a situation that we couldn't even move to go to the doctor. We had nausea every 20 to 30 min. We spent our full day sleeping in the room until leaving for Montreal the next day. Our flight was on Thursday, August 2nd.
This agent never explained anything about the cancelation. He sounded just to make money instead of helping us with the situation. He didn't take any quick action to solve our problem.

This a complain letter about the unprofessionalism of this agent and his management of the situation. He even came to put notes on our room door about promotion just to sell his business. He said also that WestJet will contact me about the refund on Thursday, August 2nd by email but I got no news so far. He didn't replied also to my emails. We are very unsatisfied about the organization of those excursions.

We kindly request to get a refund for both excursions. Those unexpected situations could happen to anyone. It was absolutely out of our control and we were very glad to plan activities to do with family. We will sincerely appreciate that you understand our situation.

WE stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe Tulum from july 26 until aug 2nd 2018. Our vacation was booked with West jet vacations.

Uthayapriya Selvarasa