BatteriesPlusduracell battery for my lg10 cell phone

R Sep 26, 2018

I purchased a battery for my LG10 cell phone last year from Batteries Plus. I was told at the time of purchase that it had a lifetime warranty. I began to have problems with my phone holding a charge, or the battery would show fully charged and then drain very quickly. I always keep my phone in a case, so I took the case off, and found the back cover to my phone was not completely closed. I took out my battery and it was swollen in the middle.
I went to the Battery Plus store where I originally purchased the battery, the Town Center location on SE 29th in Midwest City, OK, to get it replaced. The person who assisted me, never asked my name or asked for ID, and told me he would get me a new battery. He was very helpful and nice, he put the new battery in my phone, and then proceeded to tell me he wanted to help me out and instead of the $39.99 plus tax I paid for the battery, he would only charge me $29.99 plus tax for the battery.
I said, what about my warranty? He said the warranty didn't cover swollen batteries, because it wouldn't be the fault of the battery. It wasn't my fault either. I don't over charge my phone. I do however keep it in a case and normally keep it on my bedside table or laying on the pillow next to me at night (it's my alarm clock), which he says could have made it over heat.
If I had known there would be stipulations for the warranty, of this nature, I would not have bought the battery. I felt like I have been robbed. People are in vunerable positions, because they need their phone, and you take advantage of them.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices