Batteries Plus Bulbs15% restocking fee on "most returns"

J

Moral of story: neither dell nor hp battery fit in the computers and battteries plus employees blamed the computers not the batteries.

My husband bought a battery for his hp computer nov, 2010 opened the package and the battery did not fit. We returned it to the store within the 14 days and they returned all of his money. I noticed that the package was already opened. I mentioned to the store the package was already open, the man stated that they open all packages. The battery did not fit. I returned the battery within the 14 days. It was the same scenario but I was charged a 15% restock fee that receipt stated "may apply".
Difference - man got all his money back – woman got 15% restock fee.
Store response: teresa walker co-owner, batteries plus 217/218: it is currently our company policy to charge a 15% restocking fee on "most returns". This charge is indicated on the bottom of all sales receipts. Also, whenever customers bring their applications into the store, we make sure the battery they are seeking actually fits that application. To do so, packages, to include laptop batteries, are opened. The practice of opening packages is not allowed per corporate return policy: product (S) must be in unused, unopened (my package was already opened) and resalable condition.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices