Barloworld Motor Retail Logo

Barloworld Motor Retail

Having problems with Barloworld Motor Retail?

Barloworld Motor Retail reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 14, 2011. The latest review Vw polo ft 64 wk gp was posted on Mar 2, 2021. Barloworld Motor Retail has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 4 reviews. Barloworld Motor Retail has resolved 0 complaints.

Barloworld Motor Retail Customer Service Contacts

Barloworld Motor Retail Complaints & Reviews

Barloworld Motor RetailVw polo ft 64 wk gp

On or about the 26 august 2020 i bought polo tsi 1.2 2018 model on the sum of r160 000.00 at barloworld isuzu zambezi now called "barloworld bosch". I purchased the said vehicle cash, however when i ought to collect the car i was advised that the car could not be sold to me because it was involved in the accident. I was then sold another polo tsi 1.2 2016 model, 87000 km's at the time which i was told it's a good car, in good condition and i should not worry about experiencing problem after raising my concern as it was old than the car i intended to buy and had high km's.
After been assured about its good condition i then bought the car.
On or around the 5th february 2020 i started experiencing problem with the car wherein the car was releasing gas from the dashboard. I took the car back to the garage but they refused to fix the problem on the bases that their warranty is only 3 months not beyond.
I pleaded with them to fix the car because the defect is not due to my negligence nor car accident, and also drew their attention to the implied warranty period of 6monthsin terms of the consumer protection not 3months but they refused.

My email [protected]@gmail.Com [protected]

Barloworld Motor Retailservice at avis car sales - croyden

Good afternoon Dominic, Avis Car Sales - Croyden (29/6/2018)

I trust you will remember who I am, Rene Myburgh, I came in now at 12pm with my husband and brother-in-law.

I would like to let you know just how disappointed I am in the way that you treated us today. If we were young like yourself I would say yes that is the way of the young people, but you could see for yourself that we are older, wiser and respectable people and you did not treat us with respect. I would like you to sit and think about the whole sales pitch that you launched at us today. I hope that in your heart you can say that what happened was absolutely uncalled for and with no regard for your customer.

My husband, Paul phoned you at 11am to check with you that the car was still available and that we could come and see the car after my brother in law had completed his chemo session at Flora Clinic. You told Paul that you would get back to him. You never did, that was your first dishonesty. Paul again checked with you when we arrived if the car was available, you acknowledged to all three of us that it was and you and Paul still joked that it had not been sold over night. You willingly took us to see the car outside, did your full sales pitch, including answering our questions. You even confirmed to my brother in law that should we sign up now that the extra costs will still be at June's rate as the rates were going up from July by R250. We indicated to you then that we were interested in the car so we would be doing the deal before the increase.

You went to a lot of trouble to take my driver's license from me and arrange that I could take the car with my husband and brother in law and you. All this time we did not give you any indication that we were not interested in the car. All our questions were asked on the basis that this was going to be a deal for you today.

What I want to know is how you managed to deceive us and waited until we returned from the test drive to tell us that the car was not available. I hope now that you can think about it that you do feel ashamed of your actions.

Let this wise lady tell you something, there is something under the counter going on between you and your manager, please don't let me even start to tell you what I think of his rude behaviour towards us, so you have both lied about this so called
    "staff" member purchasing this car. All three of us saw that when he left your desk when we arrived that he said something to you and from then on we were played by both of you in the most dishonest way.

Finally, I doubt whether you or your manager have any intention of getting us another car, or contacting us. So a straight and honest cash deal is of no interest to you. You must remember that even though you might not appreciate the cash deal today, but what other business could you be losing, my brother in law's company of which he is the CEO purchases 8 cars at a time from you, he has done this for years, do you think that he is bringing that business back to you after he saw how you treated us. We only came to you because of him.

I'm extremely disappointed Dominic, I never thought that my car shopping with the two best men in my life would turn out to be like it was, but if we don't see each other again, then I wish that you will learn from this sale that went sour today. "treat everyone with the same respect as you would want them to treat you". I never once was disrespectful towards you, remember that.

Kind regards
    Rene Myburgh
    [protected]

Barloworld Motor RetailAlmost a year later and still not response

It will be a year in a couple of months since I lodged a complaint with the dealership in question and I have yet to receive any assisstance or response with regards to my query. Nice one Barloworld, I sure hope it does not take you this long to respond to an emergency because *** help us all who drive your make of cars. We might die waiting.

62yr old mother bought car cash from Barlowworld. She was charged 2500 registration and licencing. Company did not do registration and licencing, we did the job they were meant to do. Drove around etc. Company reinbursed so far 300 and refuses to give breakdown of what 2500 includes. Called the head office and spoke to inefficient lady by the name of Michelle. Very unhelpful and for over a week now I have been trying to get them to help me deal with the incident and still nothing. I have found the service at General Motors very unhelpful and while it might not seem like a lot of money, the principle and considering how many years my mother has worked to earn the money. Its her pension money...

• Mi
          Mikanze Oct 12, 2010

This Branch is frustrating, i dont often cause a scene with regards to bad service but this dealership is horrible.

For the past 2 years i have had issues with my brand new Ford Fiesta, some of these problems still persist. Each time i take my car in for a service there is something else that they have either broken or messed up.

If you value your time and money do not visit or buy a Ford.

Barloworld Motor RetailDamaged goods not repairable under warranty

I drive a VW Classic 2005. We drove down to Durban on the 8th of February 2010 and the left lower control arw bush broke. On taking it in for repair, I told the garage to replace both while they were about it. On investigation I discussed that VW had changed the part number for the bush from 6QO407183A to 1KO407183E. Obviously they had problems with the old part and did some redesigning? VW refuses to pay as they say the vehicle is out of warranty. My vehicle has +- 76000km on the clock but is older than three (3) years. The fact thaat there is a new part replacing the old one is in my opinion an admission that the old part iswas inferior. I have owned over 15 vehicles in my life and have NEVER had a lower control arm bush break on any of the vehicles. And if it were discovered that the part was defective, why was it not scheduled to be checked on the services?