Barclaycard / Apr charged
I have been a credit card customer of barclaycard for more than 20 years. I have a spotless credit record and I have never requested an increase in ln my borrowing limits. I have over the years been 'rewarded' as they like to refer to it by barclaycard with continual increase of my borrowing limit. An more importantly an increase in my apr !!!.. I called a few months ago to try to understand why my apr had reached 27% as I was a very good credit history and have never been late on a payment.
They replied that I needed to move to another account to get an upgrade to a lower apr. For that I would have to close my account and reapply for a new one. They also mentioned that there was no guarrantee I would be accepted as a new customer!!.
I then wrote to the complaints dept and took issue. Thier representative mohit arora offered me an upgrade to a platinum visa accountapr 17.2 %. Still below the rates they were offering on their websites. 2 months late I see my apr is still 27. % go figure... If this is not a racket I am not sure what is...
After 20 years I am closing my account as it no longer pays to be loyal to a crapshoot of a bank...
More Barclaycard Complaints & Reviews
- Barclays Bank Draft - Draft is original or not and send this name or not 
- Barclays Bank - Unfair practice for balance transfer 
- Barclay Card Us - Apple's unholy alliance 
- Juniper Bank - Do not do business with these bank! 
- Juniper Bank - Fraud and scam 
- Barclays Bank - harassment calls from barclays bank
- Barclays Bank - apple credit card
- Barclays Bank - account closed 24%
- Barclays Bank - swift transmission
- Barclays Bank - current accounts