B and L Capital Group LLC recoveryunlawful practices

L

My brother called me 2 days ago extremely worried because some woman named Kate called him repeatedly. She told him that I was in serious trouble for writing a fraudulent check and that she was going to file a complaint against me with the municipal court. Not only have I never heard of this woman, but she is only allowed to call someone once and she isn't allowed to offer any information on the so called debt with a 3rd party. I was absolutely furious. How can someone do this. I looked up their number and it's only a land line. When you call she says this is Kate in the legal dept. I left her a message of how she invaded my rights and that I don't know who or what she wants. I told her to email me any information that she has with proof of this debt and so called illegal check that I did not ever write. Someone emailed me with basic loan information. Nothing about the check because the loan their talking about I only gave my checking information at the time for verification. My phone number and other contact information are all still the same. So why they decided to contact my brother first and offer false information with terrible scare tactics is beyond me. I'm curious as to what I should do at this point? The company that they claim to be is literally nonexsistant on the internet even the number doesn't match up to their name. If anyone can give me some advice or if anyone else has had this experience with success. Please share. Here is the information for Kate Cohen!
[protected]@bandlcapital.com ( this is where the email was sent from.)
B and L Capital Group LLC recovery
3842 Harlem Rd suite 206 Cheektowaga, NY 14215
# [protected] (This number is listed as a land line in Buffalo NY Erie County)
#[protected]

• Ck
    CKF Oct 21, 2015

We were just dealing with this same company if you can call it that. They started by harassing my sister at home, and calling her landlord telling her of the litigation against us for an outstanding debt. Kept asking for a vod but, she kept saying what would a letter help, it's just a letter, doesn't do anything(lol) and that if we wanted to pay today over the phone it would only be $598, but almost $4000 if we waited for the letter. As soon as I stated that legally she could not collect on the debt without providing me with proof she owned the debt, and that we had be scammed similarly before, she finally stopped talking. She also refused to tell us her name, and it was like pulling teeth to get the company name alone. Would not provide us with her location. New phone number for this company IS is [protected]

• Always be alert Oct 21, 2013

@ Fannaz: Debt buyers HOPE you get scared and pay up over the phone. That way they don't have to prove anything they say, because, in most cases, they can't! If you didn't get the payoff deal in writing, don't be surprised if you start getting hassled by a different collection agency for the same debt. It is very common for a debt buyer to get someone to make a payment (without anything in writing), then sell the debt to another debt buyer. You have no proof of a payoff deal with the previous debt buyer, so the whole mess starts over again with the new debt buyer. One debt buyer trick is to get you to pay a 'discounted' one-time payment without telling the consumer that they will then sell the balance (total amount minus your one-time payment) to another debt buyer. Also, watch the amount they took out on your CC. If it was a one-time payment, go back and make sure that they they only hit your CC once. It's not uncommon for them to take more than they said they would.

• Da
    Dannyaz Oct 17, 2013

Kate Cohen got me for a large amount of money back in May 2013. I was going through some rough times an was scared this was going to hurt me more so I caved in an gave her my CC#. I'm going through financial issues and thought this would clear one of them up. Danny

• Ca
    Carrie O Jul 15, 2013

Thank you to the original poster. I just received a phone call from Kate Cohen. Her voicemail is very rude and abrupt. Since I do not have any known court cases open or creditors I am trying to avoid... I googled her phone number and found this posting. I hope she calls me back tomorrow:) I know my ex is in financial trouble right now...I assumed they tracked me through one of his court docs. We shall see.
    Thank you for sharing!

• Pm
    PmtInfo Jun 12, 2013

I also received almost exactly the same phone call from Kate Collins (or Cohen? Whatever!) from the Legal Dept. Same phone # [protected], but did not identify the name of her company. RED FLAG!!! She sounded very determined, but her message was also very vague ("...documents received to be processed in Maricopa County and very important to call her back...") . I thought to myself: what "documents?" SECOND RED FLAG!!! I can just spit on her face right now!!!
    Thanks to Law8 for posting the first complaint and all the responders. Now I know what to do or not do about it.

• Always be alert May 29, 2013

Thisman is right on target all the way around! You CAN and SHOULD fight back! You live in Arizona, which is a 'one party State', meaning you can record your calls without having to tell the other party you are doing it...If you record your calls, you can get all KINDS of violations on this ### company, The recordings are admissible in court! There are attorneys who specialize indealing with ### debt collectors. Go to www.naca.net. This is the site for the National Association of Consumer Advocates. ON the site, you can find attorneys in your area to help you. A lot of them have free consultation. If they take your case, sue the debt collector and win, the debt collector will have to pay your attorney fees! I've posted my own dealings with a debt collector on this site to show others that a consumer CAN beat this ###. Knowing your rights, as thisman said, is the absolute key to dealing with this ilk! Checkout what I did to make them go away...Cascade Receivables Management, LLC — Collection Tactics