Azul At SpectrumBreaking Lease Agreements

The front office recently sent out a flier posted to the apartment doors in violation of the posted signs on the property about no solicitation. The flier stated the following:

"Please come to the leasing office before June 5, 2009 to register your vehicle, obtain your parking permits, and your new assigned covered parking space."

"We will begin towing vehicles on June 9, 2009 that are illegally parked in the wrong spaces."

"Please do not contact the office to request an additional or particular space. The parking spaces have been pre-determine and will not be negotiable. This is necessary to ensure everyone gets the closest possible covered space for their building."

When I approached the office staff asking for them to show me where in my lease that gave the right to change my parking spot they told me that I had to sign the addendum. I again asked for them to show me the section in our contract that gave them the right. The staff told me to speak with the property manager. When I spoke with her she told me that my lease did not give them the right to change parking spaces but that I should for the good of the complex. I informed her that I would not be signing the lease addendum. She then informed me that I was unprofessional and was not welcome in the office. I documented the conversation in an e-mail stating that i believed the office did not like the topic of conversation around prospective residents more than my volume.

I am glad that I am moving out.