AWI Save Discount ClubFraud

I ordered something online and while making the transaction this companys "awi" pop - up got past my security program, some how. . . Prehaps hacking?? I declined then closed it.
Then a few days later i get this letter informing me i had just joined there club.
The letter said i would be charged $19. 95 and it would be withdrawn from my checking account.
I called the company and closed the account.

I did not request to join this club!
I have not given them permission to punk my account for $19. 95
I will file theft charges if they withdraw so much as a penny from my account.

• Ey
    eyer8 Feb 14, 2012

I just realized that I have a reoccuring charge since November for AWI in the amount of $24.95. I called them and they said that I must have signed up when I bought something online. However; I know better than to fall for these "free" offers that end up billing your credit card monthly. The person that I spoke to said that they were supposed to send me information about cancelling the account within 30 days, I never received this. The person I talked to said that they would cancel it and would reimburse this month and last month. I started wondering which company this was associated with because someone from Discover card had called me continuously from September til last month asking if I wanted $100 worth of coupons for gas and such. I always say no because I know that they will automatically sign you up for things like this. The last person was so pushy and kept saying why? it's free. I finally hung up on her. I normally really like discover card's service but I wonder if this is where the charge came from. The only other thing I can think of is Amazon. Anyway, so this AWI company is SUPPOSED to have someone from billing call me to tell me which company these charges are associated with. I doubt I will hear back but I will keep calling. This just makes me mad because I NEVER sign up for "free" coupons or anything because I know there is usually a catch like this where they end up quietly charging your card every month.

• Sj
    sjain05 Feb 03, 2012

The same thing happened to me twice. I got charged 24.95 on two consecutive days.
    I called bank of america and they put me on conference with one of AWI representatives and she told me that she charged my card once when it clearly shows that i was charged twice, which the bank representative confirmed.
    AWI agreed to send me 24.95 and not the other charge for which my bank gave me a claim number to.
    I hope banks act strong and protect their customers because this is just not right.
    If i had my way I would bring this ###s down.

kim br Jan 30, 2012

I am actually thinking that one is the one called FRC---the friendly readers club!! I agree. These people have got to be stopped! They are criminals. Internet embezlers, in a way! Who knows, just how many $ they have stolen from totally unsuspecting souls. I am going to find a way to stop them. And I am sure that they are smart enough to read things like these complaint boards and change their name from time to time. But they will make a mistake, and they will be caught! I and many others are now watching closely. Inform as many people as you can to watch their accounts monthly and have credit cards that protect you from fraud! Discover has done a great job standing behind me. They removed the charges/cancelled the acct to prevent more transactions/and are carrying out a investigation ! They did not hassle me and there was no fee! I am getting this out to local troubleshooters at our news stations to make consumers aware of this type of ### and deception on the internet.
    Knowledge is our best weapon against those dishonest and fraudulent souls amongst us!

mary dear Jan 27, 2012

I had a woman call me and tell me that she was going to give me a $10.00 discount on the books that I bought from them. But I never bought any books from them. They had gotten my credit card number and in Dec. charged on my card $24.95 for A "womens book order" Then in Jan I got the same thing on my credit card for $24.95. I explained to the lady over the phone that I don't need a discount on an order and that I did not order any books. She said that I ordered the books and That i might have hit a wrong button on the computer...and that that is maybe how the books were ordered. I told her again that I didn't order any...she then said that they were about to withdraw another $24.95 for the magazines. Needless to say..I was charged for something that I did not get. How can people get away with this fraud. I am mad every time I think about it! I was told that When I ordered these magazines that I should have canceled my order within 13 days if I did not want the magizines...that I never got!

• Je
    Jenpowww Jan 26, 2012

I just got an email from bank of america for suspicious activity. AWI. I just had my card blocked. It was on the news about Zappos.com having an info breach. I have ordered from them. I'm wondering if that is where they got my info. Anybody else order from zappos??

kim br Jan 26, 2012

I am determined to get this guy. I will report this to every authority who is willing to take action! I do not do alot of online shopping either. When I do, I try to be careful. I always check statements. I work hard for my money--working in healthcare also. Nothing makes me angier than those who dishonestly take from others. I feel if we all put this warning out there to as many people as we can--we will put a stop to this guy and those like him. At the very least--make his slimy life a little more difficult!

• Th
    theywilllose Jan 26, 2012

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail saying I had ordered some health product...I haven't bought any health products from anyone. The letter stated that I had joined the "AWI SAVE" Discount Club and that my trial period ended on 1/24/2012 and then I would be charged $24.95 if I didn't call to cancel this. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had opened the letter yesterday and called right away, but I didn't, I opened it today. I did call right away and stated my name and why I was calling and that if there was 1 penny charged to my card I would be taking legal actions. Of course I haven't heard back from anyone. Tomorrow I will be calling my bank and getting my card cancelled and having a new one issued...my bank does do that unlike some other banks. Someone above asked about any online purchases that may have been made lately...I purchased something from Amazon, Sevenslings.com, and carseatcanopy.com. Otherwise I haven't purchased anything online. Also, I am a Shaklee distributor and I would NEVER order ANY health products from anyone other than myself and I haven't put an order in in months...I'm due too, but am afraid to order anything online now!

kim br Jan 26, 2012

OMG--This not a company at all!!--- --What site did everyone order from? I have a feeling this clown may work at one of these online sites and he is stealing our credit card numbers. I have been hit also. the first charge came in Nov.2011 in the amt of $24.95--telephone description was AWI8888518845 out of ft lauderdale, florida. I was sure that I ordered nothing from there. I tried calling several times. No company name was ever given and call returned. I turned it over to my credit card company. Then exactly one later, he did again. I say he, because I called again and he answered. He could not tell me what I purchased, said it must have been a mistake, and he would have it credited. Only asked for my name and phone#. I informed him that I had already reported him to my cc co. He said that was fine, he would call them. Then, much to my surprise--I noticed another charge on my Dec. bill made just one day prior and for the same 24.95 but to a FRC8887885402 in Seattle, Washington. I called it. Guess what? That same women's voicemail message you are all hearing!! This person is running numerous fraudlent online spending on who know's how many unknowing consumer accounts. I decifered the one as the FRC meaning Freindly Readers Club and the other AWI office discount club. I do not do alot of online spending. I did make a purchase from Groupon just 3 or 4 days before this first appeared on my c.card. How about anyone else? This person needs to be caught. I am turning this information to the local authorities here in Ohio, Discover, and Groupon.

Mark22 Jan 25, 2012

I just got a debit alert of $24 from my credit card on this same issue. please helpppp. i haven't even come in contact, filled any form, i didn't subscribe for their services either. how can i get my money back and block them ?.. our banks cant even protect us from this illicit act..this is crazy... How on earth did they get my cdetails details

• Nv
    NVUILHG;IRG Nov 23, 2011

I RECIEVED A CALL FROM MY CREDIT CARD( THAT i HAVENT USED IN 3 YEARS) OF A CHARGE FROM THS AWI COMPANY... I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS CHARGE ON MY ACCOUT OR EVEN KNOW HOW THEY GOT MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER... I AM GRATEFUL THAT MY CERDIT CARD COMPANY CALLED ME... THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE PROSOCUTED IN COURT...

• Pa
    Pamg Sep 29, 2011

I had the same thing...the worst part of this is that my credit card company Bank of America said they can not stop any withdrawls from them and I have to keep going into my account online every month and file a fraud report. I asked if I could get a different credit card and they said no...I asked if I can block them...they said no...there is nothing I can do!! How crazy is that! This company can make money from me every month forever and no one can stop them? The person at Bank of America said that is how it is for every credit card!!!

• Ju
    JUDI WORTH Aug 28, 2011

I RECEIVED A 25.00 CHARGE ON MY CURRENT STATEMENT FOR MY CREDIT CARD FROM AWI. DID NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM AND TRIED TO CALL BUT WAS ASKED TO LEAVE A MESSAGE BY AN UNPROFESSIONAL FEMALE. IT ALL SOUNDED FAKE AND UNRELIABLE. WILL FILE CHARGES IF THEY DO NOT REMOVE THE CHARGE. FROM THE SAME COMPANY AWI DISCOUNT CLUB

Andrea Santana Jan 07, 2011

How do I make this people stop. For many months this supposed credit report company is debited $14.95 monthly for my banking account.Really I notice this abuse about the last three account statements. But I suspect that they are doing it probably before.I want to stop this involuntary leakage. I will be grateful of all you can do to help me finished this problem. Thankyou for my deep hart.