AVG AntiVirusrecycler

G Review updated:

I have picked up a virus from my university. It is called a recycler. this program was only picked up once by my antivirus at home. however i still have the virus on my stick and now on my computer. I know that it is still on my stick and computer because when i browse what to scan it shows up as a normal document on my stick and hard drive, however when viewing it in a window one will not find it to delete it. What can I do to get rid of this virus?

• Updated by Unauthorized Payment · May 23, 2019

Unauthorized Payment on 5/22/19 Order Number [protected]. I did not give the Ok for 212.96 to be Taken out of this Account and I'm Requesting a Refund.

• Updated by Dwoodrum · Feb 15, 2020

see above complaint. Please resolve

• La
    laura Z Feb 29, 2020

On 02/17/20 Your company fraudulently charged my visa card for 89.99 I have used the avg antivirus free version for years I DID NOT upgrade, I DID NOT BUY any of your products. Already report the fraud to my bank, better give my money back next step DOC and who ever listen about your fishy practices..

• Dw
    Dwoodrum Feb 29, 2020

I have a charge on my credit care of 143.30 on February 7th, 2020. Please tell me what that charge is concerning. It would have been billed to a Capital One Card Diane T. woodrum. I do need to know what this is for and possibly cancel what ever you are billing for.

• Wi
    William Lovejoy Jan 20, 2020

My January Visa statement shows a charge of $89.99 for something I know nothing about. Tell me what it is supposed to be, and reverse the charge.

William H. Lovejoy (VISA ending inn 7346)

• Co
    connie s morris Jan 04, 2020

I don't like your service. Too many pop ups and I don't feel my computer is safe. You have charged my checking account $74.36 I don't want your service. Please refund my money. Thank you.

angie d horton Dec 04, 2019

my name is angela horton on november the 12 avg charged my credit card without permission. I first would like to know what I bought and most likely request a refund.
    I have no idea why you charged me.i like your product but never agreed to this .please advise.

Not a friend Nov 24, 2019

Nov 16, 2019. Again this year they are charging us for a service we do not have. We don't even own that old computer anymore. Every year I go thru this trying to get it resolved. I have to go thru my bank and do a dispute to get it off my card. There is no way to go onto an account to cancel because we do not have an account.

• Cf
    Cfore Nov 12, 2019

SCAM/FRAUD:.. AVG TECHNOLOGIES
    DALLAS TX & LITTLE ELM TX.
    DIRECTOR/OWNER: VISHANT DISAL
    Scammed me out of $403.75 & have requested refund to no avail.
    Reported to Texas BBB. Going to contact Texas FTC.
    CFore 11/6/2019

• Pr
    Prettywoman69 Oct 29, 2019

I have no ideal what this is for. I want my money refunded $54.85. I did not authorized you to take my money out of my account, I want every thing I have with AVG cancelled today

Mildred Witherspoon

113 Sullivan Ln.

McKenzie Tn. 38201

[protected]

• Ga
    GabrieleW Oct 22, 2019

On September 18th, 2019 my credit card was charged with 44, 99 €. I did not order anything from your company. What is this all about?
    Gabriele Turchetto

• Re
    rex214 Oct 13, 2019

date of incident 09-13-2019 avg anti virus mobile security you charged my credit card unauthorized request a refund jerry shepherd email [email protected] please reply i do not even know what this is and what it is for and how you got my credit card number to charge me

• Ge
    George Wimmer Sep 22, 2019

I have a new system which came with software already installed which I prefer, therefore I have no neeed for the AVG package. Please reverse the charge.

Thank you.

George O. Wimmer

• Ak
    AkAz4257 Sep 17, 2019

I did not order this. And it is on a card I have not used in over 2 years! I want a full refund! On my Cabela CLUB card ending with 2023.

• Ba
    Barbara Hughes Sep 01, 2019

My mother (92 years old) was charged $105.49 for services not authorized on August 14, 2019. We would like a refund to her account as soon as possible. Her name is Barb Hughes. She has AVG Security Software at no cost. I don't know what this charge is for. Please look into this and get back to me as soon as possible.
    Thank you in advance.

• Te
    TED PASKAVICH Aug 20, 2019

Subscribed to a $29.99 package 7/22/19 your company billed $31.86 x 2 charges to my bank want refunded x 1. This package was supposed to include the anti virus at no additional charge. Desired resolution is for avg to refund the duplicate charge.

• Gr
    Greg Pomroy Aug 13, 2019

My name is Greg Pomroy. On 6 August 2019, I had $59.99 taken out of my account by AVG. I have not used AVG on my computer for at least 6 months. I do ask that you refund those monies as soon as possible. My email address is [email protected] Thank you

• He
    Henry Van Den Berge Jul 27, 2019

On June 27, 2019 I received a charge for $49.99 on my credit card from DRI*AVG Technologies [protected] MN. I did not order this and don't even know what it is for. I would like to get a refund as I did not authorize this.
    Thankyou,

Henry Van Den Berge
    134 Baffin Road
    London, Ontario
    N5V 1E9
    [email protected]

• Ji
    jim adamson Jul 22, 2019

my name is warren adamson, my email is: [email protected]
    I just ordered one year coverage and you took the $29 fee twice. Please return
    one of the $29.

• St
    Stacy Wetter Jul 02, 2019

On 6/17/19 your company charged me 63.74 for a purchase i did not make, i would like a full refund please and thank you. I am not sure how you got my card number but please refund it to that number as soon as possible. How o you get away with things like this? I am sorry to see your company has turned into theft.

• Ju
    juanitauhl Jun 17, 2019

I was charged on may 20 52.99 for protection i don't have when i run scan it says to update.I canceled this fore due date please reinburst my acct. because it isn't working .Is this a scam because i am not recieving anything for my money .Please reinburst my acct. Ju[email protected]

• Un
    Unauthorized Payment Jun 01, 2019

5/22/19 Order Number [protected] Digital River Inc. 10380 Bren Road West Minnetonka MN 55343 There was a Transaction Of 212.96 Taken out of My Paypal That was Not Authorized to be Taken out so I'm Requesting a Refund back to my Account.

• Un
    Unauthorized Payment Jun 01, 2019

• El
    Elizabeth Mercer Apr 10, 2019

i have not authorized any payment to AVG I don't even use AVG anymore
    Credit card was debited 16/3/19 of $179.99
    Last 4 numbers of my credit card 1577
    Please return the payment to my credit card ASAP
    My contact details are as follows
    You can contact my husband Alan on [protected]
    Or my mobile [protected]
    Elizabeth Mercer

• Gc
    G. Carr Mar 03, 2019

Please refund this amount - $31.67 (1/27/19) I do not want this service from AVG
    from DRI*AVG TECHNOLOGIES orderfind.com MN - a one year security plan that I want to cancel

• Ho
    home12 Feb 25, 2019

charged 89.99 with out autherizing

Jack Miller Sr. Dec 12, 2018

I have been using you free AVG for tens of years. I did not order anything from you.
    Please refund my 84.79 that was charged to my master card ending in 1479. Well your site told me I needed more in my complaint so I guess I'll just go ahead and say that I will contact the better business bureau if this is not resolved.

• Ar
    Arnold Ray LaMotte Dec 12, 2018

Ref # 2514061NF27XLPMOF DRIAVG TECHNOOGIES ORDERFIND.COM MN $84.29, did not request this product! Please refund my money..
    THANKS

Mario Mar 03, 2009

Another free scan you can do is use Trend micro Housecall... It's a free online scanner so it won't be as quick to get started as if it were directly on your hard drive but it will get the job done just about as good as the paid software... IMO Trend micro has been the best at removing malware. Trend Micro AV was also the AV we recommended when I used to work at Geek Squad. So Trend Micro Housecall should be a good alternative if ya don't wanna buy the real thing. Just do a google search for Trend Micro Housecall to ge tstarted.