Avenue ClothingPoor customer service

H

I have purchased thousands of dollars for clothes from this store for 10-15 years. I have platinum card. I've always been courted to spend money with them and was treated as valued until things went wrong. Last month I had a check stolen and cashed for over $1000 and had to close one account and open another. On 4/25 I went to their site as I always do and changed my bank account info before paying. Imagine my suprise when I got a letter from their financial arm, World Financial stating my account was closed and my credit is affected because the payment was sent through the old closed account. I was treated like a deadbeat and a criminal and told of course it was my fault. No one would tell me if perhaps their systems did not update immediately and if I should have waited a day or two before paying. My new account info is still showing on their site. They won't reopen my account without a letter from my bank confirming I have a valid account, yet the customer service rep took a payment from me (charging $10) USING MY BANK ACCOUNT! They also won't correct my credit. A payment to my electric company that was made prior to the account being closed made it through anyway and you would think they would have me over a barrel as I can't go elsewhere for service, but I called to explain and they fixed things right away. Needless to say I will never shop there again and my card has been shredded. As a 20 year customer service professional and manager I am highly offended and would never do the same to my customers.

More Avenue Clothing Complaints & Reviews

Macamarica Jan 24, 2019

They are criminals! I ordered a 30$ dress.after finishing an order git an email eith 330$ order! They put in my basket a 300$ jacket i havent choose! I sent 10 emails to cancel an order but havent got an answer yet.they charged me 330 $ and i still havent got clothes or answer. They should be criminally charged!!!

• Do
    Donna Walker Dec 04, 2018

Would not refund me for jewelry that arrived broken - 3 items broken in one order. Then for the first time in 10 years I returned two items within the return timeframe and they would not accept them! they said I can get them back for $8.95 or they would 'donate' them to a charity in my name! yeah, right, they would resell them for sure. I have spent thousands of dollars there over 10 years and I will never spend another penny. Customer service is horrible! 3 follow up calls and 5 emails to not get refunded for the broken jewelry. I take my business elsewhere and I would say "Buyer Beware' with Avenue!!!

I never had a return until now and I see how they really don't care at all about their customers so they deserve to lose them!!! Apparently they treat ALL of their valued customers like this when you do a return.

• Mh
    Mhaire Fraser Jun 08, 2018

TERRIBLE Customer service. Why do they even have a Department called Customer Service. There is no service, and no regard for the customer. Nothing was offered to me to help solve the problem. Instead lots of explanations about how it is not their fault (and not very politely or intelligently). When there is a website glitch, it *IS* your fault. Do something to fix it. Because there are so many competitors that offer better service, I am leaving the Avenue and heading elsewhere. Happily.

When there is a simple fix that EVERY OTHER RETAILER can do (like cancel the order), and the CS department cannot apply that fix, the problem is the company. So noted.

Bye Felicia

• Ne
    NeedMore Nov 18, 2017

Avenue needs to change it's way of doing business. They are now short of being rip-off artists with their "every item price ending in 0.88" cents policy. Every item price ending with ".88" is nonreturnable/nonrefundable.