Avee Laboratories, Inc.Unfair Treatment of Employees

J

I was employed with this company for 3 months through a staffing agency in 2010. This company had been in business 1 year at that time.
I witnessed Bob in the human resource dept bad mouth every person who came to work there. If employees were not the "original" employees, then they were treated as dirt. Two other people from the staffing agency started after I did and they were talked about like they were homeless and not worthy of even being treated like human beings. They both worked in Quality Control with me, did their jobs well and worked their schedules.
I was treated better than others and told I was doing superior work. They bought my contract out from the staffing agency after I had been there a month and 1/2. The other 2 people came to work one day and were told they were fired. The staffing agency should have told them but Bob told them to get out. This left the dept. short handed. Bob told me they were doing a good job but he didn't think their personalities fit in with the company. Everyone needs to have fun. Said he would get 2 more flunkies. He did not for more than 2 wks.
With him firing the 2 people that helped me, that left the quality dept so backed up, he had to get 8 temps to catch up with the work the 2 people could have done.
I was stressed because I was the only one in the dept. I did have occasional help from the acessioning dept. but it was still a very difficult job and I was never caught up.
Bob called me into his office one Wednesday and said I was fired because the other workers thought I was too serious about my job. I wasn't having fun and he thought I didn't fit in with the group.
Quality Control is all about checking others work and taking your job seriously. It is not about playing around and letting things slide because...I have fun with you and you are my friend.
If you want to be employed at this company, good luck. Do yourself a favor and play around. I guess you'll fit right in.

• Om
    omgreally1 Oct 05, 2013

I worked there I believe it still that way... that place was like working in a prison yard, people throwing staplers at managers head, tires getting slashed... glad I'm out