Avas Flowersordered flowers that I made clear it had to be that day, they checked with designer and promised me same day delivery (as advertised)

My grand-daughter was in a local Winston-Salem hosp with a new baby boy. Avas offered/advertised same day delivery. It had to be that day ( Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019) because she would be going home the next day, I made that very clear. Avas checked with the designer while I was on hold, came back and said they could do it. I found out from my daughter today, Sept. 29, 2019 that they called the hosp/grand-daughter's room and told her they couldn't deliver until Monday...never even called me! Amee didn't even know we were sending flowers. I called Avas when I found out and told them to cancel the order because the agreement we had was for Sat. 9-28-19. and reverse the charge to my card. That charge was for $83.12 & charged the Saturday that I called, (they did quote me $76.00 ). I was told that they would make a partial refund of $60.00 because there was a service fee for the designer. I have nothing to show for anything that I was promised and I told him so in no uncertain words that I expected a full refund and that if there was some $23.12 charge for something that was never delivered they needed to absorb it themselves. I finally got tired of repeating myself and hung up. I will never do business with this Florist and will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau .

Ca
Sep 29, 2019

Comments

•   Sep 29, 2019

before I even read this I feel compelled to remind or tell you that many hospitals wont deliver flowers because of other patients who might be allergic to pollen/whatever.

ok. now im reading it and again, just because they checked with whomever, doesnt mean that's a guarantee that you are going to get your way. sometimes things happen. people die. major accidents happen. your granddaughter was pregnant and you had nine whole months to set flowers up.

anyway: I learned a while ago = like 15 years ago... to send things to the house if there is any chance they wont make it there in time.

•   Sep 29, 2019

Read the terms on their website. Full refund for no delivery and no mention of charges for the designer.