Complaints & Reviews

did not receive my product

on 03-08-2018 i purchased a set of mustang decals for my girlfriends car. A month and a few days later i am still waiting for my decals. Autothing does not respond to emails or phone messages.
i have just notified the bank about their criminal behavior, not delivering a product but charging the customer's account anyway.
Do not do any business with this fraudulent company

key chain

Order the product on January 25, 2018. Autothing deducted payment from my PayPal account on January 5, 2018.

Received order acknowledgenment on January 5, 2018.

As of today January 22, 2018 NO other notifications.

No shipping information, No tracking information Nothing!

Made over 10 phone calls to Autothing.com (no answer) and sent over 10 emails (no response).

• Jd
    jddd Apr 10, 2018

yeah these [censor] are a bunch of criminals and should be visited by the FBI !!!

Fraud

I've ordered twice from this site recently, I have never received my product, I have looked and looked for some one to contact I've waited for my decal way to long, but what worries me the most is they get your bank info. When you place your order. They say you'll receive an email. Receipt but NEVER HAPPENS, !!! It's like it never happened and they get your info THEY SHOULD BE INVEStigated and pay fines and go to jail!
Lisa

FRAUD

Its true, its a scam. I wish I would have read this first. (other complaints) They have no real number, can't chat and won't return your emails. Just take your money. Those [censored].

• Wo
    Worldjmpr Sep 25, 2009

Hello Everyone,

This is Drew from the autothing.com Staff. While many companies are afraid to respond to criticism on ComplaintsBoard.com, we love hearing from visitors/customers and replying to them when they contact us directly or otherwise. Before continuing on, please remember that ComplaintsBoard.com allows anyone to post anything without facts. This means people who post here don't have to leave any identifying information that allows us to help them.

That's not fair to a business that is legitimately honest like ours and does actually care what the customer thinks about both our products and services.

As for customers who post here, we can't be sure who they are, what they bought, or even if they are actual customers since again, they provide no information allowing us to help them here.

Finally, remember that every business will have a few unhappy customers. We are lucky enough to only have 3 here after nears a decade in business (and two of them were during Christmas in 2008 when products typically become unavailable due to a sell-out). What is the most common reason for a customer complaint?... a product is unavailable. If this is the case as the post here claims, we don't charge for an order. Of course, we would love to help them out, but anonymous claims are difficult to assess. In addition, our email, phone number and mailing address is all listed on our Contact page. We love giving people every opportunity to contact us and claiming otherwise rings untrue if every other customer was able to contact us without trouble.

We look forward to helping everyone else out and thank you for reading this. More businesses should post here simply to remind people that anonymous complaints can help, but also hurt the vendors who are providing genuine customer support. Thanks.

maboot38 Oct 21, 2009

Sorry Drew, but I don't see your phone number anywhere on your site. I"m not sure if you do that on purpose so that you don't get calls, but looking at your contact us page, there is not one single phone number on there.

My order has not arrived, and I would like to call you. Please provide your phone number so that customers can reach you to resolve these issues.

• Ke
    Kevin Tennant Nov 15, 2013

I think that customer service is on a steady downward spiral. Case in point. I ordered 2 wipers (for a 2008 Dodge Avenger) which were original OEM. Dodge had dropped the Bosch wipers for inferior wipers and I need them from a independant supplier. I had previously had ordered wipers from Autothing in the past. Back in 2004/2005 I had called Autothing to make sure my wipers I was ordering were going to fit. Got an English speaking polite woman on the phone who helped me get my order correct. I then ordered the same wipers from Autothing in 2009. No problems. Oh, and by the way, these wipers last that long. Roughly 2 ~ 3 years. I faithfully ordered my wipers the third time. Well when they arrived, the ### who picked and placed the order didn't read the box. I got one wiper which was the same every time, then the other wiper was the wrong type. Bosch Icon wipers have other types of the same name. You have to read the box and be educated enough to understand the box numbers. I tried calling Autothing, I emailed them several times. To no avail. Pay attention Autothing and your employees please pay attention...Answering machines are NOT customer service. Email is not a good customer service tool either, should only be used for corrispondence of non-panic type (if a praise ever happens). Ligitimate problems should be solved over the phone. It's quick, convenient and when a customer is panicking and is not happy, this is the only LIGITIMATE way of calming them down. My problem was the same. Waiting days on end for a email response is terrible especially since your return policy is only valid 15 days (a crock of you know what) and you make me pay for the return. Another tip for the Autothing employees, go to Amazon and mirror their customer service. You'd be a good company if you do. Wrong order, no problem, call them, get a replacment sent via no charge and expedited post. Now that's customer service!!
    Secondly, I don't care if you care at all. All I care about is that you fix my order. I paid $92 canadian (shipping is horrible for price) and I expect to GET MY ORDER CORRECTED. However, in light of my disgruntle feelings, I've officially boycotted your business.
    So it's clear to me and anyone that reads that if you go from friendly phone staff, to bumbling idiots, then you don't get my business.

• Ri
    Rio3 Mar 08, 2014

I ordered something off this website and only received a conformation email no tracking number for USPS. I emailed and called no reply. Scam I think so. $300 dollar mistake

• Ca
    Carla Davidson Jan 17, 2015

I was told my order had shipped November 30th 2014. It is now January 17. 2015 and have sent 3 emails and left a message on their phone. No response and have not received my order either. Very disgusted with this company and the loss of $160.00. You can be sure I will continue to spread the word about this horrible company. They gave me an order number. Mine was 23964 but no way to track the parcel by mail. Don't trust this company!!! You will only lose your money and they won't return calls or emails!!!

• Ba
    Barb Babs Wilhelm Sep 06, 2016

Hey Drew, your company is a complete SCAM! I've wrote you twice, called twice with NO response at all from anyone! I contacted the Illinois Better Business Bureau and they STILL have not heard anything from you. So, now I'm getting a hold of all Chicago's news companies to do their investigation into your Autothing ... You are unbelievable to take hard working people's money and run. Enough is enough - I'm dedicated to expose the fraud that you are pulling on everyone! Here's my order number so there is NO mistake on who you're dealing with - 20570 from July 10, 2016.

Failure to Deliver

Ordered on-line with the company. They charged my card the same day and reported shipping the product two days later. Product never arrived and UPS has no record of the shipment. Repeatedly attempted to contact the company. Emails were not responded to, and web site offered on-line chat and filling out of forms - none of which were available - all simply led to web pages with no options. This company does not really have customers - only victims. Beware - buying with them is an absolutely money losing experience.

• Zi
    Zico916 Dec 29, 2008

This company has failed to deliever the item charged to my account. No responses from attempts to contact them.
    Don't order- you will NOT recieve you item.
    Just throw your money away its the same thing!

• M5
    m5blitzer Sep 12, 2009

I agree. I just ordered items and after the charge to my credit card, no responses to my emails.

• Wo
    Worldjmpr Sep 25, 2009

Hello Everyone,

• Su
    susie700 Jan 30, 2010

I haven't received my order either. Where's the phone number on the contact page???? I haven't been able to find it but I'm sure I can find the number for the Attorney General's office.

• Da
    Dale from Broomfield, Colo Jul 15, 2014

This is in response to Mr Drew of autothing.com staff member that says that all of the things we are saying about their company is untrue. Well I am another person that was ripped off by you scam artists, rip offs, fraudsters, and what have you. I will give you a real order# 22775, customer# 19154 I ordered on 06/13/2014 and it is know 07/15/2014 and I have received nothing from you thieves no response to emails, phone calls, anything at all. You took money off my card the same day, then on 06/15/2014 you shipped it, you say, which is a bold face lie!!! I ordered 2 Dodge Rams head license plate frames, where are they scammers??? So I took you to the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer complaint Dept, scam reportS, BBB of Chicago Illinois, and filed a dispute with my bank. You have been ripping people off for 5 years and counting, it is time Mr Andrew Curic, Mr Drew and who ever else is down their gets thrown in jail!!!

• Da
    Dale from Broomfield, Colo Jul 16, 2014

I ordered 2 Dodge Rams head license plate frames on 06/13/2014, it is now 07/15/2014 and nothing has arrived to date!!! I tried calling many times, emailing, and leaving messages and I keep getting the same run around over and over. They said they shipped my merchandise on 06/15/2014 which was a big lye. They never intended on mailing anything just a big scam!!! Looks to me like they have been doing this same sort of thing for 5 years. About time they were shut down before more innocent people are going to be taken advantage of. Throw them in jail!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices