Automatic Auto Finance Inc. & Jorja Trading Inc.Sold car to us with bad engine

L Review updated:

My husband and I bought a car from AAF/Jorja Trading Inc. which is the same company, February 23, 2008. A few days after the car started making a rattling noise, I have told them repeatedly every time a payment was made about this problem and when we had to pay for a repair of a valve cover that was torqued on too tight before we bought it (exact words from the mechanic who replaced it at our expense), the noise got worse even after oil changes on routine changing. On Friday May 29th, I was driving the car home, and came to a stop light and the car died!!! I was able to somehow restart the car and get it home. On Monday June 1st, I took it to the mechanic and he said it was the rod and not to drive it further! I called AAF to tell them about this problem and so did my husband, they kept trying to say it was our problem and that they were never told about it. We've paid over $3, 800 on this car and according to them we still owe $3, 781 on it...we are not going to pay for a dead car that they've been told about it since! We are trying to find an attorney to represent us. I have found a case that was filed in February of this year with a woman who is suing the company, I am going to research what I can about it. I just feel this isn't right that we paid for a service in the purchase contract to have this situation to be fixed without our expense being added to it. We need help!

• Us
    usedcarssuck Jan 30, 2010

there are attorneys out there that can help you win this case Don't let them get you go to or pearson and wallace law firm.

• Co
    come on really? Feb 19, 2010

I've had the same problem with them 2x! the first time it was a mitsubishi sport and it barely made it back to the lot after I only had it a couple months. I threw a fit and they gave me a new vehicle and wrote off what I owed. So the Blazer they gave me had problems when we got it and they were supposed to pay to fix it b/c it already had the problems. Then once we got it quoted by their mechanic we found out that really it wasnt covered by their requirements (even though it was already broke and we notified them on the lot before we signed and they agreed) but that they would pay half. Our half was over $2000. Doesnt seem like much but obviously going to them we didnt have much! I never did take it in to get it fixed instead my husband replaced the ball joints and a few other parts for a little over $100.00 Then after we had the blazer a little over a year the transmission went out in it. They know it has gone out in it and are willing to trade me in if I have a down payment! I only owe $2000.00 so there's no way I'm taking it back since I paid over $10000.00 for it! I'm paying it off and getting it fixed for $1200.00 and never going back! However now they are calling wanting to get their GPS locator off of it and I have to keep telling them the transmission is out and as I speak they are calling me again!!! How ironic...

• Jk
    jkimer Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, i was told they would pay sales tax and that the sonata i bought was only 8000.00. they fast forwarded the video giving me "updates" on what it said. after i got the car for10000.00, we went infor the sales tax check and they said in the video it stated they dont pay sales tax!! That was my fault, but the rigged radiator they had in the car was not. i had to pay 1200.00 for repirs from that, and they would not help out on it in any way. Now that it is close to pay off, they are trying to repossess it whenever possible. I was 8.00 behind, and after harraqssing me for a few days about it, i went to pay it up, the aaf worker could not find the 8.00 so i only paid him the payment. the next day, here they were at my work trying to get the car over 8.00!! If you get close to getting it paid off, do not ever be even a few hours late to pay, they will take your car and add a bunch of charges on it. constantly!

mefroggy3 Mar 30, 2011

My car hasn't had any problems but I got behind last month and they are charging me $5 a day late fee. That is $150 for the month. If I'm behind because my husband got laid off how can I then pay $150 in fees. They are rude, do not stand by their word and I would reccomend people stay away from this company. I've had to hire an attorney to take them to court for excessive fees. Meanwhile even though I make my payments each week they say I'm behind because they are applying the payments to the late fees.

Melanie35 May 03, 2011

We bought a 2002 Dodge Durango from them in November of 2010. Before the first 30 days was up, the transmission went out, leaving us stranded 45 miles away from home. We called, had it towed in, and it was going to cost 1500 to fix it. They put us into another vehicle that week, and as soon as we got it, the check engine light came on. Now, it's shaking really bad when I put it in gear and they won't do anything about it even though we bought the extended warranty that was for 12 months/12, 000 miles. Also, my spouse took a job out of state so we had to defer our payments for two months, which we also paid extra for, and the lady, Monica, didn't want to do the second month, saying that we can't use them back to back. No where in the contract did it say that. It stated that we could defer the payments, up to a month at a time, twice, no questions asked. As for them trying to repossess over minimal amounts, yeah, they will! We owed them $15 for a late fee once and we weren't informed of this by the office, so we didn't know. The next thing we know, we are getting phone calls and harassing emails from them because our account was past due. We had no idea! I wouldn't suggest anyone go through them, but, we are now in this contract and stuck. If my engine goes, out, they can have the damn thing!

• Ya
    Ya right Feb 27, 2013

I bought an 02 Explorer from them and I pay for the extra service contract. The transmission is going bad and now they inform me that "service plan" basically means, they finance me for the repair and tack it on to the back end of the principal. They DO NOT report to the Credit Bureaus so you are a captive customer. Anyway, I had enough of them. I went to Bagwell's on 71B in Lowell with my tax return (AAF want $1000 of that as a balloon payment) and put a down payment on a Tahoe and financed it through someone that DOES report to credit bureaus so my credit score will improve. And, my monthly payments are lower and I didn't pay 3x what the car is worth like AAF likes to do with their junk. I mean, after it's all said and done, $11, 000 for an 02 Explorer!!! Come on!!! Shop around in the NWA area people, you can find something better that will help your credit score.

Melanie35 Feb 27, 2013

We were in Russellville and no one but them would touch us. Luckily when we move back, we have a car there already that is paid for. This place is a joke! A friend of mine got a van there shortly after and used us as a reference. She defaulted on her payments and they called me at all hours of the morning...in ALASKA! I asked Monica several times to not call me before noon her time due to the time difference and she got rude. I finally told her to tale me off as a reference. After two more months she finally got the hint when I got rude back.

• Da
    dalton english Dec 03, 2017

Aaf/jorja trading inc are garnishing 25% of my checks for a total amount of 5, 000. For a truck that I don't have and it didn't run I called them and they said it was on me to fix it so I said come and get it they said ok. And that not to worry about it. And a year later now my checks are bing garnished. What do I do and how do I stop it

Joel Downing Oct 12, 2018

Bought Santa fe from them in 2013. It had problems from word go plus we were told no sales tax...lie of course. Car runs great...lie. nothing truthfull about these people. Now fast forward to 2018...now they server papers to garnish my pay... ag of arkansas on them and they still pulling scams and the worst part about it is some judge in springdale is signing off on their scams and lies. Does he not read the paper.